• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 1,533 Views, 48 Comments

Sage of Harmony (Season 2) - Eon Seb



the Gala is over the forest is awake. A storm is coming but the ponies will be ready all tribes must unite or fall.

  • ...
2
 48
 1,533

Discord meets the Crew Part 1

A grey stallion with a white beard and black mane walked calmly down the road of Canterlot. Discord was not ashamed of his appearance by any means but had no reason to show off quite yet. As fun as it would have been to see ponies panicking, he would get much more entertainment out of trolling the nobles in court tomorrow. Besides, by then, his position as the supreme judge would be ironclad. One of Discord's little-known abilities was that he could see the hearts of ponies. He normally used this to prank them. But the Princesses had convinced him to use this ability to find the truth in any disputes. He could not wait to freak out the next group who came to the court with some stupid complaint, and he pulled back the screen to show just how rotten they were.

Lost in thought, he continued walking down the road, only to stop when he accidentally bumped into a filly. She was purple with a beanie hat and a very curly mane. "Screwy, are you okay?!"

Discord looked over to see another filly (this one pink) followed by a small group of still more fillies.

"Yeah, sis, I'm fine.." the first filly trailed off when she saw Discord. The moment they locked eyes, it was like their magic sang. Okay, it was in a disjointed cacophony that would have made Vinyl Scratch cover her ears, but sing it did.

"What is your name, little one?" Discord felt like he knew this filly but could not remember why.

Screwball was confused. She felt like she knew this stallion.

"I'm Screwball, sir. Who are you?"

Discord blinked. The name brought back a faint memory from his time in stone. A memory of chanting and summons, of a deal for magic. His magic reaching for the life sparks of 2 foals, watching as one absorbed his gift, giving up their magic in exchange for what would have gone to their sibling, causing one to have pure chaos magic and the other to have magic twice as strong as a normal ponies. Discord's eyes shifted between the purple and pink fillies before he bowed in an overly flashy manner.

"My name, children, is Discord. A pleasure to meet you."

The girls could only stare at him in confusion. After a moment of looking at what they thought was a horrible actor, Sweetie's eyes widened. "Wait - as in the spirit of Chaos, Discord?." They had learned about him a few weeks ago but had not been sure if he was real or not. Discord's grin told them all they needed to know.

"Are, are you my daddy?" Screwball loved her biological father but had never really felt like he was her dad.

The question seemed to stall Discord for a moment as his eyes changed size while processing it. Finally, he answered, "I suppose I could be if you wished." the flying tackle hug he received caused several stones to turn into candy as their magic clapped.

A very confused Fluttershy came running up at that moment. She was able to feel the emotions between the new pony and Screwball, so she was not too worried. It was still odd, though.

"Girls, please don't run off like that. It's hard for me to keep up with you. E-excuse me, sir, but who are you?"

Discord could only stare for a moment. He had heard about a changeling queen living in Canterlot, but he honestly thought the pony had been high when they said that. He recovered quickly and introduced himself as usual.

"J.Q. Discord at service, madam."

It took 3 seconds for their faces to morph into the glorious looks of confusion he expected "What do the J and Q stand for?" Sweetie Belle's face at that moment could have given normal ponies diabetes.

Fortunately, Discord was immune. Discord winked at them. "I have no idea. I love seeing ponies' faces when I introduce myself that way. "-After taking a quick look around, he continued-"Now why don't we continue this conversation somewhere less public?" With a flash of magic, the group was teleported to a room in the palace.

Fluttershy was between the girls and Discord in an instant. After a short staring contest, Discord morphed back to his 'normal' form. "Oh, calm down, Miss. I just wanted to get us out of the public eye. Now for a proper introduction, I am Discord - the spirit of chaos, court mage of Equestria, mentor of Celestia and Luna, new supreme judge of the court, and lover of cotton candy. I would ask who each of you are but let me guess: Fluttershy, Scootaloo, Diamond Tiara, Silver spoon, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Spectrum Shadow, Dinky Doo, and of course, Screwball."

You could have heard a mouse fart in the room at that point. Spectrum finally spoke first, "Wow, so your magic gives the ability to guess ponies' names. Is that part of being chaotic?"

Discord clapped, "Brilliant deduction, young lady, but no. The Princesses gave me your names and a description of each of you so I would leave you out of any mass pranks I pull during the holidays." His words did not convince Fluttershy, While her stare may not work, she was giving it her best shot.

Discord just sighed-"Look, I'm not going to hurt you. Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye" Discord completed the familiar promise, including a summoned cupcake.

Fluttershy went slack-jawed at the sight. "How do you know that promise?" While Pinkie had been the one to make that form of promise famous (hence the name), it had been a promise used by the pie family for generations. And seeing how, with few exceptions, the Pie family was quite introverted, the only way to know that promise was to know the family.

"I could ask you the same thing. I learned this with my old friend, Surprise." Discord, Surprise and Puddinghead had been known as the trio of chaos back in the day. He had lost contact with them shortly before losing his marbles. He knew they were dead now (no pony lived that long without some very strong magic backing them up [Celestia and Luna themselves being the most famous examples]), and now, he was sad. Why did thinking about the past always make him feel so sad? He was so caught up in memory lane that he almost missed what Fluttershy said next.

At the same time, Fluttershy was going over what she knew of the Pie family in her head. The girls had gotten together a while back to talk about their families (at least as much as they were willing to share). It took a few minutes, but she finally remembered the name. "You mean Surprise Pie?"-

Discord's eyes shrank for a minute as he tried to remember her last name. "Yes, that was it. How did you..." Discords magic was still a little hard to control. This showed when a light bulb popped up by his head as he made the connection-" Your friend Pinkie! Is she related to Surprise?"-

When Fluttershy nodded, Discord pulled them all into a hug, and with a flash, they were at the library in front of a very confused Midnight. She took stock of the situation, gauged the kids' reactions, and then turned to Shy with a 'happy' smile and closed eyes.

"Shy, please explain what is going on and why there is a chaos spirit in my living room, holding my daughter."

Both Discord and Shy could feel that they were on thin ice.

"Uh, funny story, Midnight," and with that, they gave her a rapid fire explanation hoping to save their bacon from the (understandably) unhappy tree spirit.