• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 974 Views, 11 Comments

Awakened in a New World - Diamond_Emblem



Princess Lucina wakes up in a strange land, uncertain of why she arrived here, only knowing she didn't say goodbye. Armed with her sword and the Fire Emblem, she's ready to take on this new world. Or is this new world prepared to take on her?

  • ...
4
 11
 974

Prologue: The Verge of Collision

Several weeks before...

"Now, according to the map Princess Celestia gave us, the hidden portal should be somewhere around here," Twilight said as her friends followed behind her.

"It should be," said Applejack, carrying several excavation tools in her saddlebags. "'A field of green and white/ Mountains surrounding the acres/ Opens a portal of realms/ At the twilight of morning.' How can this not be the place?"

Rainbow's confusion was valid. The Mane Eight were standing in a field of grass and white daisies near several large mountains and the forest that they had arrived from. They stood at the center of it, expecting to find a portal nearby at dawn.

"Are you sleeping again, Spike?" Starlight asked, hearing a slight snore. She turned her head and saw Spike clinging to her neck, fast asleep. She rolled her eyes. "Why does this portal only open at twilight? I'm so tired from yesterday's spell practice. Not mention helping you with 'bizarre creature' reports, which are the Changelings. Why hasn't anypony in Equestria even heard about their transformation?"

"We can worry about that another day, darling," Rarity said, staring at the gorgeous daisies. "Right now, we must find this portal."

"Why on Equestria are we doin' this again?" Rainbow Dash yawned. "I need a reminder or I'm gonna start eating these daisies and then fall asleep."

"Princess Celestia sent me a letter, remember?" Twilight stared at the creeping sun on the horizon and the stars. "She said there was a portal somewhere in this area, and we needed to find it and secure it in case beings from that world could cross into ours."

"Let's look for it so we can go back home and have a nice nap," Rainbow said, dropping her saddlebags.

"Ah don't know about you, Rainbow," Applejack said, grabbing a shovel, "but ah feel wide awake!"

"Of course that's how you feel!" Rainbow said. "You're always awake at this hour of the day."


Princess Lucina felt a draft of wind flow into her tent. She pulled the sheets on her bed tighter.

"Lucina!" she heard her father call out from outside the tent. "We've found another Outrealm. We're leaving in an hour. Ask Cynthia if she would like to join us."

"Alright, father!" Lucina said. She turned to look at the bed to her right. Her sister, Cynthia, lay fast asleep. Her blue hair, usually in pigtails, was curled almost like her mother's. There were several blankets on her, which Lucina concluded was why she was so cold.

She reluctantly got out of bed and changed into her armor: Blue sabatons and greaves, blue and gold pauldrons, blue vambraces on both arms, a blue-and-gold chest plate, and blue gauntlets. Underneath her chest plate was a short blue dress with gold linings going down from her breasts. She attached her blue cape to her armor and grabbed her butterfly shield.

By the time Lucina grabbed her sword, the Parallel Falchion, Cynthia yawned.

"Lucy, what time is it?" she asked, stretching her arms.

"Not too late, I suppose," Lucina replied, sheathing her sword. "Father says there's a new Outrealm. If we hurry, we can grab some breakfast and follow him."

"You go on ahead, sis," Cynthia said. "It's too cold for me today."

Lucina smirked at her sister. "Are you sure?" she asked. "The people of another world are crying for the heroism of the great Cynthia to save them."

"You're right!" Cynthia gasped, suddenly leaping out of her bed. "I'll be ready in just a minute! You go and have breakfast!"

Lucina smiled and left the tent. Looking around, she could see several soldiers were ready to march. Frederick, loyal knight and protector of the exalt, Lucina's father, and Princess Lissa, Lucina's aunt, was busy putting out fires, though he looked reluctant. He wore a full suit of light blue and white armor, heavy and large. At times, she was surprised she could still see his face.

"Mother, watch out for !" Lucina turned her head right and saw Nowi had just crashed into Lady Tiki. Nah, Nowi's daughter, winced at the sight.

All three woman were manaketes, dragons who tamed their unbelievable power with dragonstones, giving them the ability to turn into a human. Nowi had yellow and green hair, while Tiki had a somewhat darker shade of green. Nah had inherited her father's hair color, a nice auburn color. However, she didn't inherit her parents' messy hair; her hair was straight and tied into two elegant braids.

Nowi had been carrying a box of healing potions, concoctions, all which now lay broken in the soil.

"Oh, gods!" Nowi exclaimed. "We just bought all these concoctions!"

Tiki sighed. "I apologize," she said. "I must have been falling asleep while I was walking. I can sell my dragonstones to help you cover the costs for some new ones."

"What were you doing falling asleep, Lady Tiki?" Lucina asked, walking over.

"Oh, I'm a few millennia old," Tiki replied. "It happens occasionally."

"Where are you off to, Lucina?" Nah asked.

"I'm heading to the mess tent," Lucina replied. "I'll have breakfast and then I'm going with Father to another Outrealm."

"Always productive, that girl," Lucina heard Nah say as she walked away.

"I think she likes staying close to her father," Tiki said. "That poor girl has gone through so much."


"Hey, Twilight?" Rainbow asked. "I think I found it."

Laying beside Rainbow's hooves was a pond with a diameter of about five meters, the water sparkling like a million diamonds in the sunlight. There was a strange aura surrounding the air around it, a bright blue one that was ready to drop into the pond.

"How were we supposed to miss this?" Starlight asked as everypony gathered around it.

"That's because it wasn't there," Rainbow said, taking a closer look.

"It wasn't there?" Applejack asked in disbelief.

"No," Rainbow replied, rolling her eyes. "One minute, I was staring at the sky and I looked down, there was nothing. Then, I turn around for a second and it was just there."

"I guess we won't be needing those tools," commented Fluttershy.

"But how does it work?" Rarity asked. "It looks divine to take a dip in, yet I don't feel like it's safe."

"I think we should avoid using it," Twilight said, taking out a clipboard. "We don't know where this portal leads to and we don't know what it's doing out here. We're here to secure the portal so no pony can find it and travel to another world."

"How are we going to do that? By building something? We don't have anything to build with," Rainbow pointed out.

Twilight tapped her chin. "You're right," she said. "Let's head back to Ponyville. We can get building materials and figure out what to build."

"But the scenery is just absolutely beautiful!" Rarity moaned. "I can't leave it just yet!"

"I'll stay with you while everypony else goes back to Ponyville if you'd like," volunteered Starlight.

"Wonderful!" Rarity exclaimed. "It'll be us two, you and I, enjoying the rising sun of today!"

"Oh-kay," Twilight said. "Stay here and don't go anywhere else. We'll be back soon."


"Father!" Lucina exclaimed happily.

Chrom, exalt of the halidom of Ylisse, turned at the sound of his daughter's voice. He wore his regular outfit, consisting of a blue vest with only the left sleeve and a tall collar, an elegant silver pauldron on his left shoulder, blue shorts, a bizarre mix of a gray pant sleeve on his left leg and a blue sleeve on his right, gray sabatons and a cape that was white on the exterior, but blue on the interior. He didn't wear anything to hide his right arm, instead opting to reveal his Mark of the Exalt on his shoulder.

"Lucina," Chrom said with a smile. He welcomely opened his arms out as his daughter ran into them.

It was moments like those that Lucina loved about returning to the past. Spending time with her father instead of having to spend time at his grave. Enjoying a ride on her mother's pegasus instead of listening to the sobs of Cynthia. Fighting with her whole family instead of fighting with just her sister.

"Did you have breakfast?" Chrom asked, holding Lucina's shoulders at arm's length.

"Yes, Father," Lucina replied. "Did you?"

Chrom bit his lip. Lucina sighed in exasperation. "You mustn't lose you precious meal of the day," she said. "The army needs you in top shape, and you won't be in top shape without a good breakfast."

"I know," Chrom said. He jokingly smiled. "I just like hearing you worry about me."

Lucina blinked and managed a dry laugh. "So you did eat," she said.

"Of course I did," Chrom said. "Now, Frederick has the list of soldiers who'll be coming with us to the Outrealm Gate. Can you get it for me and have everyone ready to march?"

"I'll be back in a moment," Lucina replied. She turned and sprinted back to camp.


"So, where do you think this portal leads to?" Starlight asked, staring at her reflection in the portal.

"Oh, I have no idea," Rarity replied. "Perhaps it's another portal to the other world Twilight visits occasionally."

Starlight had heard about the other world and had even seen the portal. To her, the portal emitted a sort of content feeling, like Starlight felt when she was with her friends. This portal...Starlight couldn't shake the feeling that this portal was different. It sent off a darker vibe, almost like it was never meant to be discovered. Or even created.


Lucina stared at the Outrealm Gate before her. It was like a door, only it was several times larger than a regular one, and instead of a doorway, there was a swirling blue vortex that led to the Outrealms, worlds beyond Ylisse. Large cobblestone pillars acted as the doorways of the portal. Lucina pressed her lips together. An Outrealm Gate almost like this one brought her back to save her father...

"Are we ready?" Chrom asked the soldiers who had come with him.

"Milord, if I may," Frederick said, stepping forward. "Something is amiss."

"Did you leave the kettle boiling?" Lissa teased him.

Lucina suddenly tensed. "No, Frederick's right," she said. "Ana's sister isn't here. And didn't the Old Hubba say we were to meet him here as usual?"

"They're not here," Frederick agreed. "I suggest we search the island for any signs off "

A scream came from the back of the group. Lucina looked and gasped in horror.

An army of the undead soldiers, the Risen, had appeared out of nowhere, each wielding an ancient and powerful weapon.

"Gods!" Chrom exclaimed. "Where did they come from?!"

"Chrom!" A hooded woman ran up to him. "Those Risen aren't the ones that we fight every day. They're incredibly skilled. We can try to fight back, but there's too many of them, and they're too strong. We can also find a way off the island but we'd be too slow given how big our party is "

Without warning, an explosion went off right in front of the Risen and the Shepherds, so strong and sudden, they all flew back. Lucina flew onto one of the pillars knocking her into the black.



"Lucina! Wake up Lucina!"

Lucina's eyes shot wide open. Cynthia stood above her, looking exhausted and injured. Her lance looked broken, her armor had seen better days, and there was something in her eyes Lucina hadn't seen since they discovered their parents had fallen.

Fear.

"Father," Lucina whispered.

"He's doing okay," Cynthia promised. "He's working with Robin to beat them, but we need to help him out."

"Don't put on a show," Lucina said sternly.

"They're the only two who haven't been captured besides you and I," Cynthia admitted.

"Captured?" Lucina asked. "The Risen don't capture."

"But she does." Cynthia pointed up to the sky, where a hooded figure was somehow standing on air. Below them, the island was on fire. Lightning struck the ocean, stirring it and causing waves to come crashing down. There were still many Risen, and in the center, Robin and Chrom were clearly overwhelmed.

The floating figure was healing the Risen with a staff and at the same time with their other hand keeping the defeated Shepherds in the sky, all knocked unconscious.

Just as Lucina was about to get up, the figure put away their staff and snapped their fingers. Cynthia's eyes rolled into her head and she was suddenly in the sky.

"NO!" Lucina yelled, unsheathing her Parallel Falchion.

"Lucina!" Chrom yelled, stabbing a Risen archer. "I need you to get out of here!"

"I won't leave you!" Lucina cried. "I refuse to let you die!"

The figure took out a tome and flipped it to the nearest page. "THORON!"

Chrom barely missed the huge bolt of lightning shot at him. "Lucina, I don't care what happens to me!" he yelled. "All I care about is that you're safe!"

"Father!" Lucina took a step forward.

The sky suddenly shone down a bright beam of light onto the Outrealm Gate, connecting it to an Outrealm.

"RUN!" Chrom screamed just as a blast of Thoron came crashing down from the sky.

Lucina barely had time to scream before another person with a white cloak suddenly appeared and pushed her into the portal. Lucina reached out her hand towards her father in vain.

Her last thoughts before waking up were: I'm sorry. I failed you. Again.

Author's Note:

Thank you to those who have given this story a chance :twilightsmile:
Now here's a pic of Chrom!