• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 973 Views, 11 Comments

Awakened in a New World - Diamond_Emblem



Princess Lucina wakes up in a strange land, uncertain of why she arrived here, only knowing she didn't say goodbye. Armed with her sword and the Fire Emblem, she's ready to take on this new world. Or is this new world prepared to take on her?

  • ...
4
 11
 973

Premonition: Sacred Friendship

"Lucina, behind you!"

Lucina gasped and quickly turned mid-slash. The creature behind her had stopped in its tracks. Scales covered its entire body, tall and buff. It wore the outfit akin to a bow knight's uniform from her world.

"I didn't just kill my husband, did I?" she asked Twilight Sparkle from behind her.

"No, I don't think so," Twilight replied, blasting another round of magic towards the monsters. "Only your father is here so far."

Lucina turned to look at Twilight. She was panting, her horn turning a bright red. She was overusing her magic, and it was too soon, the others weren't here. Surrounding the two were at least dozens of the Turned. They were fighting in a large room with a high ceiling, blazing braziers in the corners of the room, pillars inscribed with prophecies and the fates of other worlds.

She was getting tired. A Turned nearly grabbed the Fire Emblem, but Lucina kicked and killed, however, three more took its place. Lucina yelled and swung in a wide arc, power crackling through her Falchion.

"Where is everyone else?" Lucina asked, sweat on her forehead as she swung again.

"I don't know," Twilight replied, firing more magic. She yelped as her horn began to glow even more.

"Enough," Lucina said. "Stop using your magic and use the tomes I gave you!"

"I told you, they don't work!" Twilight yelled, kicking away several Turned. "Every time I try to use them, they just turn to ash. I think this is the end."

"No!" Lucina yelled, the power of the Fire Emblem surging through her blood. "I did not come back from the future just to watch my family die! So I'm not just going to leave this world without helping you and your friends!"

Twilight smiled. "Thank you, Lucina," she said.

"How heartwarming."

Lucina and Twilight gasped, freezing in their spots. The Turned stopped as well. Lucina could see similar features of her father's tactician on one of them...

"Robin!" Lucina gasped.

"Aw, how sweet. You think you can save her."

The voice was coming from the throne at the end of the room. Tall, black, and with white leather cushioning, lay suddenly Lady Nightmare. Dressed in a white cloak that hid her face, Lucina could see black leather pants and boots, and a glowing black mark in the shape of a heart.

"This ends today, Nightmare!" Lucina yelled.

"Just like how the people in the halidom of Ylisse will remember your father's strength, everything he stood for, everything he fought for." She laughed menacingly. "I expected more from a descendant of the Hero-King Marth."

"What did you do to my father, you monster?!" Lucina demanded, her grip on her sword strengthening.

Twilight turned her head. "Chrom was here just a minute ago," she said in disbelief.

"See for yourself," Nightmare cackled. She flicked her wrist and Lucina's father came hurling from the wall.

"Father!" Lucina yelled, rushing towards her father to catch him.

"Family is a weakness, princess," Nightmare said. She grinned from under her hood. "It is the very thing that will guarantee sorrow!"

Without warning, Nightmare thrust out her palm and a charged shot of black magic zoomed towards Lucina.

"Time to even the odds!"

An equally powerful lightning spell collided with Nightmare's and sent a powerful blast of magic around the room, making the Turned fall down. "Father!" Lucina caught her father's seemingly limp body in midair. The Mark of the Exalt on his right shoulder was covered in burnt skin. He was barely breathing. The Falchion wasn't in its scabbard.

"Father," Lucina whispered, laying him on the floor. "Wake up, father."

He remained unmoving.

"Wake up!" Lucina yelled, the tears in her eyes blurring her vision. "I can't lose you again! You have to stay strong!"

"Lucina."

The princess turned her head and saw Morgan, the son of Robin, crouching beside her. He smiled, his Thoron tome in one hand and a glowing blue elixir in the other. "Chrom is the strongest man in Ylisse. He'll make it."

Lucina took the elixir from Morgan's hand and let a third of it spill into Chrom's mouth.

"Hyah!"

She looked up and watched as Twilight faced Nightmare head on. Twilight was losing badly. Her horn was sizzling from overusing her magic. A broken Bolgannone tome was near her hooves.

"Twilight, what are you doing?" Lucina yelled.

"Buying you more time!" Twilight replied, trying to headbutt Nightmare, who merely dodged swiftly.

"You three should know better than anyone that time will wait for no one!" Nightmare yelled. She raised her hand. "Descendant of the Fell Dragon, Grima! Hear my command!"

Morgan suddenly inhaled sharply. Lucina could hear his hands crackling with lightning, preparing to cast Thoron.

"Morgan?" Lucina asked softly, looking at him. She could see his eyes were reddening, he was grunting as his hand shook.

"Kill Princess Twilight!" Nightmare commanded, teleporting out of the way.

"What?!" Twilight asked, leaping back.

Morgan rose to his feet. Thoron began charging through his fingertips. Twilight stood her ground. "Morgan, I know you won't kill me," she said. "Put the tome down."

Thoron glew dangerously bright.

Lucina watched her father's body begin to move again and then to her comrades.

"I'm taking a page out of your book, father," Lucina whispered. "I'm so sorry."

Morgan unleashed Thoron, Twilight got ready to counteract his magic and Lucina stood in between Morgan and Twilight, arms spread out and her Parallel Falchion in hand.

"LUCINA!" Chrom and Twilight screamed.

Lucina's eyes had widened. The bolt of lightning had been lodged under her heart.

Her knees buckled. She tried using her sword to help keep herself standing.

"Lucina, no!" Morgan cried, tears rapidly traveling down his face. He stared at his hand in horror.

"I guess we're...more like our parents...than we thought," Lucina said, the light fading from her eyes. The Mark of the Exalt in her left eye shone from her tears as her breathing began to slow. "Please...protect my father...Cynthia...my mother...Inigo...promise me... "

"LUCINA!"

Author's Note:

Everything will be explained in the coming chapters...
This chapter was inspired by the first map you play in Fire Emblem Awakening.
If you'd like to understand some of what just happened, look up the word, "premonition."