• Published 11th Dec 2016
  • 281 Views, 3 Comments

Heroes of Atria - TotallyNotAPerson



In an alternate universe, ponies, griffons, and many other creatures were at war for land. Eventually peace was struck, but something is happening to the griffons that threatens the peace.

  • ...
 3
 281

8 1/2: Eviction

Knock knock knock A Royal Guard tapped his hoof on the wooden door to a house. The address specified by a list he was given by the King. He quickly glanced over the information provided while he waited for the residents to respond.

"How may I help you?" A slightly-larger-than-a-pony sized griffon asked as he opened the door.

"Ah yes, is this the, oh wow, the 'the Griffon' household?" the guard questioned, adding "What a terrible last name." under his breath.

"Yes it is. Why, exactly?"

The guard looked down at the ground and sighed before making eye contact. "I've been sent here by King Dawn. Under a new brinkmanship ordinance, griffons are temporarily banished from the Pony Kingdom."

"What? But, we just moved in!"

"I'm sorry sir, but those are the rules. The King understands that there may be issues with this. When the ordinance is lifted, contact the King and he will immediately send you and your family compensation."

"We don't have the money to integrate back into the Griffon Kingdom! We spent all that we had."

"I'm sorry sir, but you have 24 hours to flee the country before the Royal Guard and Night Guard are allowed to kill you and your family."

The griffon was taken aback. "Only twenty four hours? My wife is about to lay a clutch of two eggs, and we're so far from the border! How do you expect a man like me to escort his pregnant wife to the border in a day?"

"The most I can do for you is extend it to 36 hours in your case specifically due to the pregnancy. If you need additional aid, you must seek audience with the King, although he will likely turn you away."

"But, why?"

"There have been attacks on the Pony Kingdom by griffons, ones from the Great War."

"Ferals? In the modern world? Preposterous."

"I'm sorry sir. But you have been warned. I'm afraid that I have to mark down this meeting."

"Can't you do anything?"

The guard pony caught sight of the female griffon standing behind her husband and nearly began crying. "No sir. I already gave you an extra twelve hours."

"Fine." The griffon spat. "Hon, we're leaving."

"What?"

"We have to leave the Pony Kingdom. Are you ready for a long walk?"

"I don't know if I can make it to the border. There's no way little Grizelda will stay in until then."

The Royal Guard cleared his throat. "I'm sorry. I really am." tears started rolling down his face.

The father griffon saw this and guilt rushed over him. He hugged the guard to reassure him. "You did all that you could. Thank you for that. I understand that you're just doing your job."