• Published 11th Dec 2016
  • 281 Views, 3 Comments

Heroes of Atria - TotallyNotAPerson



In an alternate universe, ponies, griffons, and many other creatures were at war for land. Eventually peace was struck, but something is happening to the griffons that threatens the peace.

  • ...
 3
 281

6: Dusk

"So, where does this 'Nawir' live?" Darim asked.

"We lost touch shortly after-" Ancero cut herself off.

"After what?" Solar asked.

"I'd uhh, rather not talk about it." she laughed to herself awkwardly.

Darim shot his friend a suspicious look which was promptly returned.

"Anyways, he used to love spending time with other ponies. Know any places with a tight-knit community?"

"The village of Timal. Every pony knows every pony, probably the most peaceful village I've ever seen." Solar replied.

"Perfect. Where is it?" the mare replied.

"It's quite far away from here. I've worked the route through Timal countless times, so I'll lead the way."

Ancero nodded. "Then let's go."


King Dawn was sitting on his throne with a look of anguish when his wife walked in. All of the royal guards in the room bowed to the black mare. Her gray mane waving in the

"Queen Dusk, what are you doing up so early?" the King questioned.

"May I talk to you privately?" the Queen replied.

Dawn waved his hoof, signaling the guards to leave the room. Within moments, only the royal couple remained in the room.

King Dawn cleared his throat. "What's wrong?"

"Don't beat yourself up about what happened with Solar."

"But what am I going to say to Lord Glik? The peace treaty requires me to tell him about the claims."

Dusk sighed. "Look, I've gotten tons of claims from the Night Guard about these old-world griffons. I haven't met with Glik once."

"You're going against the treaty? What if he's testing us, to see if we're willing to back the treaty?"

"The treaty does say that we can ignore any of its acts if we feel it necessary. "

"What are you saying?"

"If you feel unsafe entering the griffon kingdom, you don't have to tell Glik about the reports."

"I suppose. But, if he doesn't know about these griffons then he can't do anything. What if they're some sort of defectors?"

"I've thought of this too. I sent the MTF to spy on Glik and find any information on these griffons that we can."

Dawn's jaw dropped. "You sent the Midnight Task Force? Without telling me?"

"Shh, hon, you know the MTF. They won't get caught."

"This is blasphemous! If Glik so much as suspects them, we're dead. The pony kingdom is nowhere near ready for a full scale war!"

"Look, the MTF are all hand picked by me. They're the descendants of the survivors of the Great War. They've been in training since they were just foals.

"I know, but, still."

"Just trust them."

There was a long pause and silence fell upon the room. "If the MTF finds anything, no matter how small, I need to know."

"And if they find anything incriminating?"

Dawn sighed. "The MTF has my permission to kill any Old World griffons to protect the lives of ponies."

"Can't say I saw that coming."

"Look, I've been losing sleep over this, just leave me before I change my mind. Please."

Dusk gave her husband a concerned look. "How about I take over for the day, let you catch up on some sleep."

"Yeah, yeah. That sounds like a good idea." Dawn said as he got up from the throne and headed for the front door of the throne room.

"You really aren't yourself. You should get a nurse to check on you."

"I will." When the door shut behind Dawn, the room fell silent once more.

"Did you hear that?"

A black mare shrouded in a black cloak stepped out from the corner of the room. "Yes m'lady. We have permission to kill."

"Only if it's to protect the lives of ponies. Got it? I don't want a repeat of the Great War on my hooves."

"Yes m'lady."

Dusk glared at the mare. "Remember his other request?"

She nodded. "Any and all information, no matter how small will be reported to you and Dawn before all others."

"Good, now report back to the intelligence team."

"Yes m'lady." the pony immediately spread her wings and shot straight up through a hole in the ceiling.