• Published 29th Jun 2012
  • 938 Views, 8 Comments

The Mysterious Life of Little Sprite the Alicorn - skentrins123



Little Sprite the filly is not content with her life because she doesn't know her true parents.

  • ...
 8
 938

Ch. 1 New Filly in Ponyville

It was a sunny day, a day that a pony like Fluttershy would have enjoyed. She started of her day by heading ot he river to let her pets have something to drink. Fluttershy thought she saw something floating down the river, but wasn't completely sure what it was. She would have gone in herself, but the river was churning unnaturally fast. She decided her vision probably just wasn't so good today.

Just five minutes later, Cheerilee was walking though town center to buy some food for the week. As she was walking along the riverside, she saw a filly in a basket, floating down. The basket was close enough to the bank for her to grab it for a moment, so she immediately raced over to the river and swooped up the basket before it could float away. There was a note strapped onto the filly's belly. It read this.

"To whoever finds me: Thank you for picking me up. As you can see I am an alicorn. I am in need of a home, for my parents could not take care of me. I trust and hope that you are a kind pony and will take care of me. My name is Little Sprite, and I am two months old today. My birthday is July 2nd. Please, if you would take me under your wing, even if you're not a pegasus, I would be very happy. My only rule is don't feed me food you know I won't like. My parents believed I would grow up to be a very kind and gentle pony, but also very knowing. Thank you. By the way, I've probably wandered off by now."

As Cheerilee carefully read the letter, the little filly was up to different things. She crawled around center, and found herself at the foot of a shop with a very good smell to it. Little Sprite decided to go in.

As soon as Cheerilee finished the letter, she looked up just in time to see the filly crawl into a store. "Wait up!" she screamed.

Cheerilee ran into the store to see the shopkeeper playing around with the filly. "Ah, hello Cheerilee!" said the clerk. "Were you looking for her?" He nodded at the filly.

"Yes. I found her in a basket floating down the river. I was just about to find her somewhere to stay.

"Ah, I see. Well, I'd hate to see her end up with the orphanage. If no one else will take her I will."

"You make a good point. And you know, I guess it wouldn't be too much trouble to take care of her." Cheerilee didn't know how wrong she was. "I think that I'll take her. Tomorrow I'll head right over to the adoption center."

"Good idea. And if you change your mind, I'll be glad to take her off your hands. Goodbye!"

When Cheerilee was about to leave, she stopped and turned around. "Excuse me, sir, but I never caught your name."

"Ah, yes. That would be Billybob Joehankins. I hope to see you around!" And with that, Cheerilee left.