• Published 14th Oct 2016
  • 445 Views, 2 Comments

Guards: The untold story - Joseph_Tanner



Guards, soldiers, the brave ones who stand tall to protect ths kingdom and the sisters... Many wonder what their life is like. Now Mithril Blaze will give us a peek,

  • ...
 2
 445

Chapter 13: Ups and downs

The following morning Blossom received her usual letter from Blaze.

[Saturday]

Surprisingly, so did Daar. They read theirs at the same time, to themselves.

“Dear Sis…

I’m writing this in a hurry, and with heavy heart. We had freed the Turul cities, including the capital. We, by the advice of a Night Guard General, pressed on to destroy all Centaur cities. We were ambushed, and trapped… I gave command for the twins and their own to be accompanied back to their capital. The archway over the pass had collapsed, leaving me, and several Night Guards on the same side the foe was approaching from… And they are closer and closer with each letter I write. A few Turuls arrived from over the rubble…

The Turuls, the Night Guards, and myself are ready to go down in history. I wish you could hear the songs I do… They truly bring strength to one’s soul…

At last, I am certain this WILL be my last letter to you. Ever…

Should I never return, seek no retribution in my memory, for I’m convinced, that by the time you could, the Centaur race would be driven extinct.

They are getting close… I’m sorry to end it this way.
Alive or not, I will always be with you.

~Blaze”

“Hey…

So. I heard you’re my sister’s new ‘friend’.

I only want her to be happy. If you can make that happen, and if you really do love her, you’re good in my eyes.

Believe me, I’m only saying this because I love my sister…

You break her heart, I break your spine…”

Daar understood Blaze’s concern, and was relieved, and in agreement with his reasoning. However, he soon did become concerned… Turning to his right he saw a shining line of tears stream down Blossom’s face. She was still reading her letter, and unaware of being looked at. “W-What’s wrong?” He wondered.

“It’s… My brother… He… He may not come back…” She muttered, fighting her tears.

Daar didn’t think. He pulled her in for a hug, providing a shoulder. “He will… He will…”

“No… He never gives up… If he says it’s probably his last fight, then it WILL be his last… It doesn’t matter to him… Win or lose, we will do as long as he can… It’s what I love and yet hate the most about him…” She explained, slowly calming down.

“There, there…” Daar replied, kissing her on the forehead. “I have a surprise for you…” He continued.

“R-Really?”

“I hope you’ll love it… It took me some time to get it right,” Daar continued. “Come on!”

Blossom followed behind. They left the castle, and headed for the shopping district of Canterlot. “What are we doing here?” She wondered.

“Keep coming…”

They walked further and further, eventually coming to a large store. Smooth, stone brick walls… The lines of mortar were aesthetic as they can be. A large, white canvas was covering something large above the double door entrance. On both sides of the doors were windows, through which one can only see from inside to the outside, and never the other way. “W… What is this? Why are we here?”

Daar used his magic to remove the canvas, revealing a rather large sign saying Mithril Blossom Workshop.

“What… Uh…” Blossom had no clue how to act.

“This used to be my father’s little crafting space… Buuuut…. Since he’s not around anymore, I thought why not turn it into something more… Profitable…” Daar explained.

“I get it… But… What of the permissions? The employees? The equipment…”

“All set and done. It’s all yours on paper. The property is yours, the employees are waiting inside with their brand new workstations and equipment. The royal advisors themselves inspected it… Everything is according to requirement and regulations… You have no idea how much paperwork this was…” He replied with a large grin.

“This is… Incredible… But… The most I ever made was a potion, an-”

“And you don’t have to do a thing… Come here after school, check if you have paperwork to do… I’ll stay and work as the manager at the cash register… Sounds simple, right?”

“You really know how to impress a mare…” Blossom replied, returning the grin.

“What are we waiting for? Come on, go, boss…”

They approached the door, Blossom pushing against it with her forehoof. The door opened without a creek, it’s top hit a wind chime, making a noticeable sound of entry. “Surprise!” Yelled everypony. Inside were 9 ponies, Daar behind her, 11 inside in total. Soon a muscular colt, the blacksmith and another less bulky one pushed a small cart out of the back room. Some pastries and drinks to increase the mood.

“First day at work. Come on, let’s celebrate…” Daar explained.

“Did anypony say celebrate?” Asked a pink mare with a bundle of balloons from behind the group, who have been looking at their new employer.

“How did you even… Never mind… You must be Pinkie… What are you doing in Canterlot?” Blossom inquired from their surprise guest.

“Oh, silly… I never miss a single party… Never… Ever… Ever… EVER!” Pinkie replied.

The party began, the group had fun, until at noon they chose to wrap it up and get to work. They cleaned up after themselves, gave Blossom a tour of the workshop, her office, and got to work, waiting for their first client. Daar remained at the counter while Blossom met the crew.

-Thruul M’Gon, the blacksmith. A 25 year old colt. Armor, tools, weapons.
-Mist, the gatherer. She was to be sent to get materials. Age 20
-Maverick, the tailor. Age 23
-Jade, the jeweller. Age 24
-The enchanter, Sundance, a descendant of Starswirl himself. Age 26
-The adventurer, Cold Flame, self explanatory. Age 19
-The miner, Sapphire, 21
-The lumberjack, Scarlet, 23
-Delivery employee, Ace Swift, 25
And the Alchemist, Sky Spirit, 23

“You know the basic rules, right?” Daar asked, leaning against the doorframe of her office.

“I should be good…” She replied with a grin. Then they heard the wind chime, so Daar left.

“Welcome. Can I be of any help?” He wondered. A mare walked up to the counter.

“Hello, I have broken my kitchen knife… Can you fix it?” She wondered.

“Do you have it?”

“Here it is,” She said, putting it on the counter, wrapped in fabric.

“I’ll go, have our blacksmith look at it… Please, wait a moment,” Daar replied. The mare nodded, so he left to the workstations. “Thuul?”

“Yeah?”

“Could you look at this?”

“What is? Ah, a simple kitchen knife... “

“Can you fix it?”

“Fix it? Friend, it would be cheaper for them to buy a new one,” He replied.

“Okay. Thanks,” Daar hurried back to the customer, Thruul by his side. “Our co-worker finds it cheaper for you to buy a new one. Would you like me to have him make one?” He inquired.

“I don’t have a lot to spare… How much would it cost?” The mare pondered.

“I would say… 10 bits for work, 5 for materials,” Thruul replied.

“How long would it take?”

“I would say… With our equipment… 30 minutes at most,”

“Why so long?”

“I do my best to provide the highest quality. Steel is an alloy tricky to make. Working it is not so much,”

“I see… Will it be alright if I come back for it?”

“If you won’t forget to, it sure is,” Daar assured him.

“I’ll go, get the iron and coal…” Thrull muttered, leaving the two.

“May I ask your name to write down?” Daar asked, levitating a large quill above a book.

“Daisy Sprinkle” She replied.

“Sprinkle… Okay. It should be done in the agreed time,”

“Thank you. Bye,” Daisy said.

“Hope to see you soon,” Daar replied. Moments after the customer left Blossom hurried out of her office toward the exit. “Where to?”

“The hospital… I’ll explain later…” She replied, shutting the door behind herself.

Daar sat behind the counter for around 10 minutes, reading the news, when two guards walked in. “Can I be of help?” He asked.

“Hmm… I never saw this workshop before, and I’ve been patrolling these parts for a while…”

“Understandable. I assure you wish to see the permits and such,” Daar replied.

“Indeed we would”

“Right this way,” He lead them to Blossom’s office, where he pulled the papers from the top drawer. “Here,”

The guards scanned their eyes through each of them, then giving it back. “Everything seems to be fine… Apologies for the inconvenience,” One of them exclaimed.

“Doing your job is no inconvenience… Not to me,” Daar assured them as they returned to the lobby.

“Good luck, and have a nice day,” Said a guard.

“You too,”

After the visit everything was the usual. Nothing more than Thruul’s hammering to be heard through the door to the work areas. Eventually, the mare returned. “Hello again, I came back,” She said.

“I will see if it’s done…” Daar replied. Thruul just coming out of the areas.

“In time I see. Here it is,” He exclaimed, putting the new steel knife on the counter. It was still warm to the touch. “I melted the broken knife down, so I would call it 10 bits,”

“Here you are,” Daisy said, leaving ten golden coins on the counter.

Thruul wrapped the knife in the fabric she brought the other in, while Daar put the money into the register. “Thank you for your purchase,” He continued.

“Thank you. Good bye,”

“She looked satisfied…” Thruul whispered after she left.

“I hope so… Now, back to your place…”

Thruul did as asked with a grin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blaze managed to climb through the debris of what used to be the archway. Before looking back, he thought twice about it, but did it anyway. In his sight was no other than the slaughtered, dismembered, decapitated, burned, crushed, torn… Remains of the entire Centaur army, including the royals, whose heads with their spine attached were brought back by two of the Night Guards… “Path’s clear…” Exclaimed a Turul General from above.

“Come on guys… We made it through that, what is just a few miles left?” Blaze asked the others on top of the rubble. The rest of the group climbed the rubble, and carefully descended on the other side. “Turuls. Fly ahead. Bring word we’re on way,” Blaze told the General.

“You heard him guys,” He said to the others, and took off.

“You did a damn good job on the field, Commander… I’ll make sure the sisters will be pleased by your performance in my report,” The Lieutenant addressed him.

“That’s my best friend… Untouchable…” Shadow threw in as a compliment.

“I’m impressed myself… It was an honor to fight on the same side with the Night Guard,” He replied, as they began their journey of 3 miles. Taking only an hour of walking, they arrived back to the Turul capital safe. The Turul army, the civilians, and the twins were waiting for them. The twins were adorned by different attires. It was their King’s and Queen’s armor.

As the twins walked toward the arriving group, all others knelt down beside them. “And so the legend lives on…” Sigmis said with a grin, shaking… (Hands? Wings? Hooves?)

“Or so it seems…” Blaze replied with the same grin, then turning to Avala, who unexpectedly pulled him in for an unreleasing hug.

“Good to see you safe…” She said, embarrassed of letting too much of her emotions surface.

“Step close, my friends…” Sigmis said to the others, who lined up behind their Commander.

Avala looked at them, then their own who returned an hour ago. “How many of yours had fallen?” She wondered.

He turned around, then around again. “None. Yours?”

“No troops lost! Glory to the Commander!” She yelled in response. The crowd cheered.

“What?”

“Don’t you remember? Yours were in the front lines all along. None of ours had even a scratch…” Sigmis reminded him.

“Oh… Yeah…”

At command, the crowd dispersed, minding their business, while the group was lead into the castle by the twins. “You have truly shown how much we can rely on your help… On behalf of yourself, the Ascendants, the Night Guard, and of Equestria…” Sigmis said as they arrived to the throne room.

The Colonel poked Blaze’s shoulder, pointing at their saddlebags. “Oh, yes. We would like you to accept our condolences… And these for consolation…” Blaze exclaimed, showing them the heads. Their faces speaking of a slow and unpleasant passing. The twins took them, and put them away to be dealt with later.

“We were driven to the brink of existence… In the last moment, you, and your comrades dropped in, not only saving us, but turning the tides of this war… Now, we are certain that our kind will thrive, prosper, and live free once more…” Avala started her speech. “Your names will be forever in our history books… These days never to be forgotten, the Centaurs, never to be forgiven…” Sigmis drew closer to comfort her. “You have my most sincere congratulation… You didn’t only free our towns under a week, but killed their King and Queen… Their whole army… From now, we will keep an eye on what they do… This will never be allowed to happen again,” She continued.

“You will always have our support,” Blaze assured her.

“You… Come, get your rewards…” Sigmis threw in, a small box in his grasp. The guards stepped forward, next to Blaze.

“In the name of the Turul Throne… We, King Sigmis and Queen Avala now declare you, soldiers of the Equestrian Night Guard heroes of our kind…” He said, hanging a medal onto each of them while doing so.

“You, Commander Mithril Blaze… You have proved to be an excellent leader. So much so, that we, descendants of the sky now recognize you as one of our leaders… Our citizens and soldiers both would follow and trust you blindly... I, Queen Avala now ask you to accept the title of Chosen of the Skies?” She asked.

Blaze replied with a slow, and definite “Yes,” Avala grabbed a different looking medal, and put it to his chestplate. The medal stuck to it on impact.

“We welcome you to stay as long as you desire… Yet, we will no longer hold you here... “ Sigmis noted.

“It was good to see an able leader for once, sir,” The Colonel told Blaze, before the Night Guard teleported back to Canterlot, leaving Blaze the only pony in the entire Tuvale Basin.

The doors flung open, a (Just call adult females woman?) standing there. Her wings seemed to be just as long, but her feathers much shorter. She ran toward the three, kneeling before Blaze upon arrival. “W-What’s this?” He wondered.

“What is it you want?” Sigmis asked the hen. She couldn’t reply. She opened he beak, and revealed a missing tongue, presenting her clipped wings afterward.

“Oh… I believe she wishes to join you on your way back… Her wings were clipped, so she can fly no more with them… Her tongue… Taken,” Avala explained.

Blaze knelt to eye level with her. Putting his left, cold metal hand onto her shoulder, and moving her wings out of her praying position to replied. “Whoever did this to you is gone… They are dead… All of them… If you wish to come, then you will,” He replied.

She only threw herself at him, hugging him tight. “I guess she’s happy,” Sigmis said with a grin.

“A ship is waiting at the harbour. I assure your magic is to be recovered in time…” Avala pointed out.

“If you need me again… Just send word…” Blaze promised, and left with the hen. (It’s so strange to write… It feels like writing a report about livestock… Sorry for all these author’s notes…)

The pair left, boarding the ship as soon as they could.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Sunday]

“Out of bed! We arrived!” Yelled one of the sailors.

The pair woke up, thanked the Captain and the others, and left, finding the train station of Manehattan right away. Seeing the long line at the ticket booth, Blaze grabbed her wing and pulled her along, skipping the line. “Hey. What the heck?” Asked a colt

“Back in the line!” Said a mare.

“Wait for your turn!” Yelled another.

The security guard stood in the way. “Royal Guard. Out of the way,” Blaze told the guard.

“Not without your ticket…”

“Fine…” Blaze said, putting his backpack on the ground and searching it, turning his back to the ground.

“Hurry up…” The guard said. Moments later Blaze hit him with a left hook. He flew out of the way, crashing into the wall.

“Next time you’re arrested,” He warned the guard, and headed for the train to Canterlot.

They got on, took a seat, and were on their way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blossom was in the hospital again. Sitting at the bedside of a guard pony. “Oh, hi Blossom…” Cobalt exclaimed, wrapped up in bandages, some with blood still seeping through.

“Any better since yesterday?”

“Either less pain, or more painkillers…” She replied.

“Geez. I hope they find those three… I don’t even know why anypony would attack a royal guard… Especially after damaging the grave of another…” Blossom thought out loud.

“Oh, the things we must do…” Cobalt muttered.

Minutes later the doctor paid a visit. “Good morning miss Cobalt… Miss Blossom,” He said, greeting them.

“Morning, doc,” Cobalt threw back.

“Mornin’...” Blossom replied.

“I have the results… Do you mind if she hears too?” The doc asked.

“No… She’s a friend… Therefore family…” Cobalt explained.

“I’m sorry but… Your wounds are too serious to continue your career as a royal guard. The bones will heal, yes, but… You just won’t be able to walk like before… We also found a brain tumour, which was caused by the blows to your head… I’m so sorry,” The doctor explained.

“I see… Is the tumour removable?” She replied.

“I’m afraid not… It is in an area of the brain that is heavily forced against your skull, not to mention being in part responsible for your movement. It would be impossible to remove without you losing too much bloor… Even if we could avoid the bleeding, the slightest damage to your brain would entirely paralyze you for the rest of your life…”

“I understand… Is the tumour still growing?”

“Yes…”

“How long do I have left?”

The doctor looked at his clipboard, and was afraid to reply. “It’s a question of hours…” He said. Even he was visibly depressed and moodless. “Make the most of it…” He said as a good wish, and left.

“Damn… That’s… Cold… Can’t the sisters help? Just make the tumour disappear, an-”

“No… I should’ve been able to beat them easily… We were trained well enough to fight one on five. I shouldn’t have had any difficulty facing off three… This is what I get, this is what I deserve…”

“Can you even hear yourself? By Celestia, come on!” Blossom replied. “Nopony deserves this… Knowing they have an hour to live? Nopony!”

“I accepted my fate when I signed up… I’m not afraid of death… But…” Her voice became less composed.

“Yes?”

Cobalt held a hoof out to her. “Will… Will you stay with me?” She asked, on the brink of tears.

“As long as you breathe,” Blossom replied.

“So… What will you do after Celestia’s school?”

“Haven’t thought of it really… I met a colt, so… You get the idea,”

“I never knew what I want to do… I just tried the hardest ways, to be stronger and better than before beginning... “ *Cough* “I guess this is the impossible way I chose,”

“Nothing is impossible… You just… Have to find the right way,” Blossom replied with grin.

“How long is left?”

“The doc said less than an hour… Around 30 minutes…”

“I feel bad… But not for myself… All of those… Eh, who am I kidding. Anypony would hardly turn up on my burial…”

“I’ll be there for one… The other guys… The General… Your family…”

“Talking of which… How’s Blaze?”

Bad topic… “Do you have anypony at home?”

“Only my little brother… Our parents managed to raise me just right, then bit the dust…”

“Sorry to hear,”

“At least you never knew yours…”

“You think that’s any better? Knowing you have been abandoned from the very start?”

“You’re right… Where do you think I will end up?”

“Heaven or Hell? Hard to tell…”

“I did so many things… Some I’m proud of, some ashamed… I don’t know anymore… Do you believe in any of them?”

“Nopony ever proved they exist… But… Nopony proved the opposite either…”

“What are you the most ashamed of, Blossom?”

She took some time to think. [20 minutes left] “Not being there with my brother… Wherever he is right now…” She admitted.

“Same… I wish I was there on my brother’s birthday… It was yesterday…” Cobalt replied.

“Would you like me to tell him a white lie, or… The cold truth?”

“Need I reply? I’m his sister… He will find out in time… Do what you find best…”

“How old is he?”

“10… My heart breaks to think he will be left alone…”

Like us… I don’t want him to end up like we did, but… What can I do? Adopt him? No way… We couldn’t take care of him with our daily routines… “I… If it’s any help, my friend, Blaze, and I can keep an eye on him…”

“You would make me die relieved…”

“Do you have a special somepony?”

“I wish… I’m not lucky enough. I guess I’m just not a mother figure…” They just stared at the ceiling for a while. [15 minutes left] “Blossom?”

“Yes?”

“Would you… Do me a favor?”

Oh, Celestia… What could it be? “Yes?”

“Would you… Write my will?”

Blossom produced a scroll and pen. “All good,”

“Dear friends and family…

I, Cobalt am long gone if you are reading, or hearing these words… The cause and reason of my demise have surely been explained to you, therefore, I will not waste your time…

I grew up knowing most of you, meeting some only later on… I was never the mare you would expect, and… Sometimes hard to like, or agree with… I want to thank you for all these wonderful years. The years you spent being my friends…

My time, as everything elses, is over walking among you, and am hopefully reunited with my parents way above… So high above, that no Pegasus can ever fly so high…

My little brother… You will be taken care of by ponies I dare trust with your safety. Consider them your best of friends, because your life will be in safe hooves so long you stay with them.

At last, I would like to make it clear… The family home, in which we lived, and everything I happened to possess is now inherited by my brother.

Shed no tears, friends, family… One day, we will meet again.

Good Bye

~Cobalt”

“Done… And… Dusted…” Blossom said, choking up.

[10 minutes left]

The clock ticked, the doctor paid his last visit. “Miss Blossom? Could you come for a moment?” He asked. Blossom left joined him outside the room as requested. “The last five moments will bring her a lot of pain… I’m giving you the chance to spare her from it… Either inject her with this, it will ease the pain, or unplug her machines… I can assure you, that it will be filed a death of tumour,” He explained.

Blossom took the syringe, and put it into her saddlebag. “Thank you,”

“It’s the most I can help…” The doctor replied, and left her with the choice.

Returning to the room she took her place at her friend’s side again. “It hurts so much to see you, knowing there’s nothing I can do…”

“I know… And yet you’re here… Why?”

[5 minutes left…] The electrocardiogram began to speed up, but not a whole lot. Cobalt began to grunt and turn in pain, so Blossom jabbed the syringe into her with a steady stab. The purple liquid entered her bloodstream.

“What else are friends for?” She wondered.

“I wish we would’ve met before…” Cobalt replied, resting at peace on her back again.

“I… I… I will find a way…”

“Thank… You…” She said, still holding Blossom’s hoof. Rays of Sunlight seeping in through the clouds and the window.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Train Terminal Canterlot!” Yelled the inductor, and everypony left the train.

“Almost there… C’mon…” Blaze said, his company following behind, soon arriving to the throne room.

“Sergeant? Glad to see you made it…” One of the guards said in his surprise.

“So am I, comrade,” He replied, and knocked.

The door opened by the guards inside, allowing the two to pass. “Sisters,”

“Ah, Blaze. You’re back at last it seems…” Celestia exclaimed.

“With a request…”

“Oh?”

“She needs your help… Her tongue was taken by the Centaurs, and her wings clipped, so she can’t fly anymore. Can you help her?”

“We can see…” Luna replied, and casted a spell. Unfortunately, only the tongue could be fixed.

“D-Did it work?” Blaze wondered, looking at their friend.

“I- I guess it did…” She replied, followed by an expression of her gratitude.

“What is great power for, if not to help others with…” Celestia replied.

“So, what’s your name?” Blaze inquired.

“S-Sonis,” She replied.

“Would you wait outside?”

“Of course,” She responded, and left the room.

Blaze’s usual disciplined and relatively cheerful expression changed to the opposite. “Have you ever been to war?”

“I’m sorry?” Celestia said.

“Have you EVER been on the field during war?”

“Hardly… we-”

“And yet you chose to send the Night Guard instead of coming yourself…”

“We found it a worthy chance for them to practice,” Luna replied.

“Worthy practice? They gunned down every single Centaur,”

“Where’s the problem with that?”

“Not only their soldiers…” Blaze added. “You haven’t seen their faces… None of theirs…”

“You can’t possibly mean…”

“The Blood Moon… Remember? They said it’s a call to war… To take no prisoners… Luna, you’re the one responsible, and not me…” Blaze explained.

“How would I be responsible for what they do under YOUR command?”

“YOU are the one who controls the Moon… You let it happen. They killed them all… The women… The children… All of them…”

“I gave no such orders, Blaze,”

“Well, either have I. There must be something wrong…”

“I never told them what you said to be the Blood Moon’s meaning either… It’s just a natural occurrence, which is rare. All it is is the Moon turning a shade of red and appearing 30% larger… That is all,” The Angel of Dusk explained.

“It doesn’t change anything… The Centaurs are no longer… They are extinct, Luna…”

“I doubt… There might, just might be one more left alive…”

“Do you mean…”

“Right… Accept your congratulations for your return. After reading the reports of the Generals and Lieutenants, I find you worth the offer… Will you join the Night Guard?”

Time seemed to stop for Blaze… He clearly remembered Shadow’s warning. Do not accept… Those words echoed in his head. Yet he thought of it for a while. “What are the benefits?” He wondered.

“More authority. Including right to command any unit in the Royal Guard. Higher salary, much higher, an increase of your power and capabilities, ability to return from the dead, and access to every weapon ever invented or is yet to be invented,” She explained.

I can protect Blossom with it… With the money… I can provide her whatever she needs… She can be happy… “What must I do?” He wondered.

Luna got out of her throne, and stood in front of him. With a flash of magic, they were in the far end of Equestria, nopony else in sight. “Defeat me,” She replied. Another flash of magic, her armor and sword appeared.

“Are you serious? Why?” He asked, taking a step back, half ready for a fight.

“In case the Nightmare Moon incident happens again… You need to be ready to fight, even by yourself!” She replied, swinging her blade at him.

-Blaze dodged, followed by a jump to gain distance, drawing his swords mid air. Landing on both legs, this time he was ready for another attack. Remember… Don’t kill her…

-Luna cast a spell, trapping Blaze’s legs in stone.

-Blaze teleported out of it just before her blade hit the ground where he stood. “Not bad!” He exclaimed from behind, kicking her in the back. Luna flew several meters before landing, firing a beam of magic at him as soon as she could.

-Blaze summoned a shield, focusing just strong enough to withstand her attack. The two bodies of magic meeting caused a large explosion, which resulted in a large cloud of smoke to rise. Luna stopped her attack right away, waiting for the dust to fall.

-Luna lost sight of Blaze, the dust fell, he was nowhere. Seconds later she fell on the face, as her hooves were swept out from below. The turned to the side, Blaze pushed her against the ground with one leg, pointing a sword at her. “Well done…” She exclaimed. “But not enough!” She continued, throwing him off with a magic blast.

-Blaze was thrown into a tree, crashing through it. As soon as he took grip of the ground, he jumped back at her.

-Luna prepared to block, raising a shield spell, but Blaze disappeared before making impact. Luna looked behind, but was hit again from the original direction. “Gotya!” Blaze noted, pinning her to the ground. Her sword knocked away.

“I see you know enough…” She replied, panting. “You passed… I yield…” She continued. Blaze let her stand up, and the two returned to the throne room. Luna sat back on her throne. “Well done… From now, you are Soldier of the Night, and member of the Night Guard,” She exclaimed, and after a flash of magic, Blaze’s armor vanished. He was left unarmored, or so he thought…

He soon realized that his horn had disappeared, his armor became his skin, as if he had the same thing happen to his chest as his limbs. “You will not be disappointed,” He assured her, and headed back for their room.

Once arriving, he opened the door, revealing a sobbing Blossom on her bed. Her face buried in the pillows. Blaze slammed the door shut behind him to attract her attention. She looked at him with large, wet eyes. “B… Brother?” She wondered, throwing herself at him for a hug.

[End of Chapter 13]