• Published 19th Oct 2016
  • 3,069 Views, 63 Comments

The Rain in the Boom - Neon_Spirit



Rainbow Dash performes another impressive sonic rainboom when entering the wonderbolts hq, however a certain stallion is more amazed by it then the other bolts.

  • ...
2
 63
 3,069

The chat

After a long, hard day of training, Rainbow Dash trotted past Blaze giving another massage to Fleet Foot and over to her locker.

She placed her Wonderbolt uniform inside and shut it, at the same time jumping as a certain stallion with emerald eyes was leaning beside her locker.

"Hey Crash..."

Soarin said with a flirty tone as his gaze locked onto hers with a goofy grin washed over his face.

"Oh, er.. hey Clipper; you okay??''

Dash asked with concern dipped in her raspy voice.

There was a moment of silence between the two pegasi.

"Soarin, shouldn't you be heading home now?''

Soarin's grin widened. He opened his mouth to speak.

"Do you have a map? Because I keep on getting lost.....''

"Actually I d-''

".... in your eyes.'' Soarin stated as he shot her a wink.

"Seriously?'' Dashes eyes rolled as she turned and started walking towards the exit of the locker room.
Soarin flew in front of her as she stopped. She looked up at him in confusion, whilst his grin remained glued to his face.
''Hey Dashie, you dropped something....''
Rainbow turned around looking for anything she may have dropped. She turned back to Soarin.
"I don't think-''
".... my jaw.''
Dashes face started to heat up and her heart started to thump faster as she felt Soarins gaze still on her. She was confused. Yes, she knew that Soarin is goofy and comes up with a few pick up lines here and there, however he had never used flirtatious ones before.
As expected Soarin was still standing in front of her whilst still grinning.
He spoke again.
"You know Dashie, you and your friend Pinkie Pie have a lot in common.''
"..And why is that?'' Dash asked knowing that he would answer with another chat up line.
"Both of your faces are pink.''
At this moment it struck Rainbow that her face had fully heated up from all of Soarin's flirtatious remarks.
"Haha! I'm only kidding Crash!'' Soarin stated as he nudged Dash with his hoof playfully.
"hehe, yeah..'' Dash said as she started to grin sheepishly.
"Oh wait...'' Soarin said with a slick tone in his throat.
"Did the sun come up, or did you just smile at me?''
Dashes eyes rolled again as she nudged Soarin and walked out to the Wonderbolts meeting room with him.
Something was lurking in the back of her mind; whether it be the practice from earlier that day or Soarin,
his pick up lines and flirtatious chat were new to her; but she....
........liked it?

Author's Note:

The ship is starting to sail in this story:trollestia:
And yes, maybe I did look up some of those chat up lines for Soarin on Google, but I came up with the Pinkie Pie one:pinkiecrazy:
Anyway, hope you guys like it!