• Published 15th Oct 2016
  • 1,047 Views, 13 Comments

EquestriaBound Girls: Nightmare in Magicant - Lucky Ness



Twilight defeats Midnight in Magicant with help from Ness and her friends.

  • ...
5
 13
 1,047

Pollyanna (We Believe in You)

Author's Note:

Welcome to the penultimate chapter! It's time for Twilight to face Midnight! And we'll finally leave Magicant.
SM64 Color Code:
Rainbow Dash:
8107EC80 0094
8107EC82 FF00
8107EC88 0094
8107EC8A FF00
8107ECA0 FF00
8107ECA2 0000
8107EC98 FF00
8107EC9A 0000
8107EC40 0000
8107EC42 FF00
8107EC38 0000
8107EC3A FF00
8107EC50 0094
8107EC52 FF00
8107EC58 0094
8107EC5A FF00
8107ECA0 FF80
8107ECA2 0000
8107EC98 FF80
8107EC9A 0000
8107ECA0 FFFF
8107ECA2 0000
8107EC98 FFFF
8107EC9A 0000
8107EC20 BF00
8107EC22 5100
8107EC28 BF00
8107EC2A 5100
8107EC70 0000
8107EC72 FF00
8107EC68 0000
8107EC6A FF00

"You have to fight this Twilight! This isn't you!" Sunset yells at a purple winged human while Twilight, Ness, and the girls approach an island in the center of the lake. "Take my hand. Let me show you there's another way."
"I'm not falling for that THIS time."
Sunset barely manages to dive out of the way as a beam of magic energy flies past her and lands the water with a loud splash.
"Are you all right, darling?"
"Rarity? What are you doing here?"
"We found her, Sunset! Or rather, she found us!" Pinkie exclaims.
Sunset inspects Twilight for a moment, then asks "But if this is Twilight, then who's she? And who is he?"
"She's the reason why we're here." Ness answers. "My name is Ness, and that's the representation of Midnight Sparkle, the evil side of Twilight. We're here to destroy her once and for all."
"And that's why we're here, too, Sunset. We just couldn't let our friend do this by herself, even if she's traveling with someone already." Fluttershy says in her usual quiet tone of voice.
"Yeah, but-"
Sunset's question is cut off by Midnight firing another ray of magic towards the group, with the intention of hitting Sunset. However, her attack hits Nes instead, causing him to take mortal damage.
"NESS!" Twilight cries out, and runs over to him.
"Don't worry about me. You've got to conquer your fear." Ness turns to Pinkie. "After Twilight wins, I'll want you to check my backpack. There should be a Horn of Life in there. You'll know when you've found it. It's the only horn shaped object in there." Ness turns back toward Twilight. "It was a pleasure to travel with you, Twilight." Ness got hurt and collapsed.
"That wasn't my intended target, but it looks like taken down a potential threat." Midnight says. "And it seems to have drawn out my other self. Hello, Twilight."
"I can't let you win. I won't let you win!"
"But how are you going to win? I'm the evil part of your brain. You CAN"T beat me. Because you are the one that forced me into being!" Midnight says as she envelopes Twilight, joining forms with her.
"I regret creating you, but that doesn't mean that I AM you!"
"Twilight!"
Suddenly, Twilight's friends get engulfed in light one by one, each one's light matching their respective skin color.
"Twilight, you are in charge here!" Sunset yells.
Each one of her friends provides mental support, until lastly Fluttershy says "WE BELIEVE IN YOU!"
"YOU ARE NOT MIDNIGHT SPARKLE!" Sunset screams.
Twilight smiles. "I AM Twilight Sparkle, and the magic I carry is the MAGIC OF FRIENDSHIP!"
Upon uttering those words, the wings and horn that had formed when Midnight Sparkle fused with Twilight disappeared and her glasses returned to normal, destroying all traces of Midnight Sparkle. In the center of the island a present was left behind. Twilight opens the box and finds a journal with a purple six pointed star on the cover. Twilight takes it. Suddenly, everything around her suddenly starts to disappear, first Twilight's friends, then the environment surrounding her starts to fade, until it's only her and Ness, who had regained consciousness, floating in a purple void.
"What's happening? Ness? You're alive?! But how?"
"Magicant revived me after you defeated Midnight Sparkle. And everything is disappearing because Magicant is no longer needed. Eventually I'll disappear and then you'll wake up in the real world. But before I go I need to tell you about that journal you're holding. It appears to be connected to the journal I found when I defeated the Sirens."
"Like Sunset's journal?"
"Exactly. Anything you write in that book will show up here in my journal. When you wake up, you'll find it with the rest of your possessions. Now would be a good time to remove the gear I gave you and put it in your pocket, otherwise they'll be on you when you wake up."
Twilight removes the pendant, the band, and the ribbon she had donned since meeting Ness.
"Now's the time for me to say farewell." Ness says as he starts to fade. "I'll make sure to write to you as often as I can. Goodbye, Twilight."
Ness fades from existence, as Twilight blinks one last time.
"Goodbye, Ness."
Everything faded to black.