• Published 21st Sep 2016
  • 1,363 Views, 21 Comments

Fairy Tail: Magic's Fire - MLPgirlwriter



Natsu and Lucy stumble upon a strange group of ponies! What are Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Apple Bloom, and Flash Sentry doing in Fiore? More importantly, why is magic disappearing?

  • ...
6
 21
 1,363

The Journey Begins!

Narrator: Previously, on "Magic's Fire", Things have turned from bad to worse for the ponies; after Flash Sentry commands Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Apple Bloom to run for safety, he takes it upon himself to fight the guards that are after the equines by himself! Meanwhile, Twilight and her friends have found themselves in the middle of a forest and come across the three Fairy Tail mages known as Natsu Dragneel, Lucy Heartfilia, and Happy. After their shocking meeting, our wizards and ponies are interrupted by a man in a dark cloak, with sinister intentions. And now, the dark wizard has a hold on Rainbow Dash, choking her as her comrades watch in horror! What will become of the Rainbow-maned pegasus, and how will our heroes stop the foe they face?

***********************************************************************

"RAINBOW DASH!!!!"

Twilight immediately rushed over to the Element of Loyalty and pulled with her magic, desperately trying to break the hold that the black, mist-like substance had on her friend, who was now thrashing and rolling on the grassy ground, choking and her face a dangerous color of purple, "PLEASE STOP! YOU'RE CHOKING HER! YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HER!!!" Twilight pleaded in panic, her eyes filled with fear, dread, shock, anger, and sadness. The man, who still had his arm outstretched with a misty black aurora around his hand, similar to the inky mist that was currently around the blue pegasus's neck, only laughed menacingly at the unicorn's words.

"Hahaha....Don't you see, unicorn? That's what I'm TRYING to do," he responded with pleasure evident in his tone. Just then, a flying ball of fire hurdled itself right at the man's face, which was still hidden from under his hood. The cloaked wizard moved aside, away from the burst of fire swiftly, keeping his grasp on the pegasus's throat. Looking to the source of the flames, everyone, save for Rainbow Dash who was slowly losing consciousness, saw Natsu in a fighting stance, his face full of fury with his veins throbbing out of his forehead, proving just how angered and disgusted he was with the man.

"You Bastard! You let her go, or I'll turn you into a pile of ash!" Natsu declared threateningly.

"Your joking, right? Please. Are you truly going to waste your time with these-" the man gestured towards Twilight and Apple Bloom, who were both now at Rainbow's side, Lucy and Happy along with them, trying to get the magic away from the blue mare's neck, "-beasts after you've just met them? How ignorant of a wizard with your kind of power," the man said, disappointment leaking in his tone. This, however, only angered the dragon slayer further and begin to shoot his intense flames at the man, and for Twilight to glare daggers at the cloaked figure that seemed to avoid Natsu's every blow. Moving from where she was, the unicorn summoned her magic into her horn, and turned to Lucy, Happy, and Apple Bloom.

"I'm going to get that spell off of Rainbow Dash. It may be crazy what I'm about to do, and I know we just met today, but you need to trust me when I say that this will stop this wizard," Twilight spoke with a determined tone of voice.

"Aye, sir!" Happy exclaimed.

"All right! We trust you! What are you going to do, Twilight?" Lucy asked, picking up the pegasus, who was still breathing, but had gone unconscious as the mist was still engulfing her throat, making it still hard for her to breath.

Twilight turned and glared, her magic shining bright upon her horn, "I'm going to show that wizard not to mess with my friends and to not tarnish my kind by calling us 'beasts'," the Element of Magic said in a low tone.

Lucy stared at the pony in amazement, astonished by her claim, yet at the same time, inspired at the unicorn's determination and will to fight for her friends and her kind. In a way, Twilight reminded Lucy of Natsu....

Natsu was getting more and more frustrated every time he missed the man with his flames. Said man kept on dodging them as if they were nothing more than rubber balls that were easily avoidable. The teen was about to let out a growl when he saw Twilight come into view behind his opponent and look at him with her violet eyes. Confusion overtook him before he understood what the mare wanted him to do. Natsu looked at Twilight as if she were crazy. Was she serious? Didn't she realize that what she was asking of him was suicidal? Before Natsu could respond to Twilight's insane plan, he was hit right square in the chest, throwing him up in the air and plummeting to the ground, his body dragging across it, scrapping across the green grass so that it made ragged pathways where his most impacted body parts from the landing hit. Lucy, Apple Bloom, Happy, and Twilight gasped when he landed.

Looking back over to Twilight, Natsu could see through her eyes that she was pleading with him to do what she had silently asked him. For a moment, Natsu was still hesitant to comply, but felt in a strange way that the unicorn knew what she was doing. Getting up from where he was, Natsu engulfed his entire right hand with fire, the oranges, yellows, and reds, dancing across his skin, not even affecting the dragon slayer as he rose his fist in the direction of the man, who smirked, "Aw, what are you going to do now, Salamander? If you just throw that fire at me again, I'll just dodge it like the others you've thrown at me," he said cockily.

Powering up as much magic power that he could muster, Natsu shot out his fist and the flames flew straight at the man, who once again dodge it as if it was nothing and looked at the fire mage, unimpressed, "I told you, Salamander. You're not gonna get me that way," however, Natsu only smirked as he crossed his arms.

"I wasn't aiming for you," Natsu clarified with a smirk.

"What?" the dark wizard asked.

At that moment, purple flames then surrounded the man, who cried out in surprise. The man was so shocked, that he had lost his concentration on his spell he placed on Rainbow Dash, and the blackened mist finally disappeared, allowing air to re-enter her lungs, but she still remained unconscious in Lucy's arms.

"WHAT IS THIS!?" he asked.

"It's the magic that Natsu had tossed at you that came at me. I used a converting spell to temporarily have his power under my control. Right now, it is restricting your movement, so there's no point in fighting it," Twilight explained as she came up by Natsu, her horn glowing brightly.

"YOU BEAST!!! HOW DARE YOU PLACE A SPELL ON ME!? YOU WILL REGRET IT!!! MARK MY WORDS!!!" the man shouted in pure fury and hatred, attempting to break free from the mare's spell, to no avail. Natsu then stomped up the the dark mage, who was still in Twilight's spell, and reached his arms out and grasped onto the man's hood, bringing his face close to his own, Twilight's spell not restricting his movements since he wasn't the spell's captive. Yanking the hood off of the wizard, it revealed a man in his late twenties with military green hair, eyes that didn't match in color, for the left eye was an eerie gold while the right eye was blood red, and a faded scar on his right cheek. Natsu sneered at the man as he held his cloak's collar in both hands.

"If I were you, I wouldn't go threatening people or talking ponies with me around. Now, talk! Who are you and why are you here!" Natsu commanded. The man only smirked.

"I am Fumio, and the reason I am here I cannot say. Though, I will admit that I did play a role in Hargeon's little magic problem. It's foolish, but when those little monsters you've now befriended showed up, I was pleased to see that the town blamed them for their issue. But you, Natsu Dragneel, had to get in the way and now here I am; stuck in this magic's grasp by the very creature we all believed was just in fairy tales. It's a shame that even these beasts aren't strong enough for what's to come......" the man finished, sending chills down, the group's spines, Apple Bloom cowering behind Lucy, who tried to comfort the young filly, but her own uneasiness making her clutch onto the still unconscious pegasus protectively.

"Grrr! I don't know what crap you're talking about, but you have some nerve taking away those people's magic and then pulling it on some ponies! I swear, I whatever crap comes at us, I will NOT go down without a fight and I'll make sure that we all get out alive!" Natsu declared furiously. Twilight watched with wide eyes, unsure of how to respond. So many questions raced through her head as she tried to comprehend what was just spoken. What was this 'Fumio' person talking about? And what are his intentions?

"Haha......We'll just have to see about that, Salamander, but for the time being, I accept defeat. This enchantment has me bound and if I do recall, you have a guard pony to retrieve," Fumio reminded, though in a mocking tone instead of a friendly one. Twilight came up to Fumio and Natsu, her eyes fixed on the man who had tortured her friend, and glared.

"I may not be from this world, nor may I know it's magic and it's traditions, but I will not allow whatever it is you're talking about to happen," looking up at Natsu, who was looking back down at her, the mare spoke with a determined smile, "You made a promise to us that you would help our friend, Natsu. To repay you, I will promise to help your world from whatever is going on," Twilight said, her mind made up. At her words, Natsu smiled his toothy grin, gratitude clear on his face.

Lucy smiled at the scene, and felt something wrap around her leg. Looking down, the celestial mage saw Apple Bloom hugging her leg and look up at her with a warm smile, "Ah will, too!" the filly exclaimed. Lucy returned the smile before she heard a groan and felt shifting in her arms. Looking down, Lucy saw Rainbow Dash rub her throat due to the soreness and look around the area.

"W-What happened......?" she asked, her voice more raspy than usual. At the sound of her voice, Twilight turned to see her friend awake and okay, making the unicorn's smile brighten even more.

"RAINBOW DASH!!!" Twilight squealed as she galloped at full speed and tackling the rainbow-maned mare out of Lucy's grasp and hugging her like a lifeline, "Oh, I was so worried! Are you okay?" Twilight asked, hugging her friend tighter.

"T-Twi-light! Can't-breath.....!" Rainbow gasped through the bear hug, causing the Element of Magic to move her arms away quickly from Rainbow Dash, a sheepish grin plastered on her face.

"Woops...my bad..." Twilight said shyly.

"Come on, Twilight. She just woke up from her.....ordeal. I don't think making her go through it again in one day is a good idea," Lucy laughed sheepishly.

"Boy, Rainbow. If I were you, I sure could go for a fish after that!" Happy commented.

"Are ya'll okay, Rainbow Dash?" Apple Bloom asked worriedly, to which Rainbow smiled and ruffled up the filly's red mane.

"You bet, kid! In fact, where's the jerk that did that to me, anyway? I want to teach him a lesson!" Rainbow Dash proclaimed, her eyes narrowing as she scanned the area, her eyes landing on Fumio who was still stuck in Twilight's borrowed magic from Natsu. The pegasus glared as she zoomed over to the man and pointed her hoof at him, "Listen here. If you EVER do that to me or any of my friends again, I will beat you to a pulp!" before Fumio could retort back, Rainbow Dash turned her back to him and kicked him in the crotch, causing the man to cry out in pain, still unable to move, and for Lucy, Happy, Twilight, and Apple Bloom to wince at their friend's action, while Natsu burst out laughing like a maniac!

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, man Rainbow Dash. I thought I had thought of that! You're awesome!" Natsu complimented, wiping a tear with his finger. Rainbow Dash smirked.

"Natsu, I have a feeling that you and I are gonna get along just fine,"

"Heck yeah!" Natsu agreed, fist-pumping the blue pegasus.

"You've got one of those, too, huh, Twilight?" Lucy sweat-dropped. Twilight only nodded.

"You have no idea......"

It was at that moment, that Twilight realized things would not be the same.......

Author's Note:

Well, thats about it for now, folks! I hope you really enjoyed this chapter! Sorry if Flash, Happy, Lucy, Apple Bloom, and Rainbow weren't really envolved in this chapter. I'll try to make them more envolved in the next. Just so ya know, Fumio is an oc of mine that you will be seeing again! That's about it! Bye!