• Published 21st Sep 2016
  • 1,363 Views, 21 Comments

Fairy Tail: Magic's Fire - MLPgirlwriter



Natsu and Lucy stumble upon a strange group of ponies! What are Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Apple Bloom, and Flash Sentry doing in Fiore? More importantly, why is magic disappearing?

  • ...
6
 21
 1,363

Chaos and Fairies!

Author's Note:

BRACE YOURSELVES! THIS IS GONNA BE A LONG ONE!!!! I had a lot of fun with this chapter and I hope you guys like it as well. I worked hours on it! I think I'm gonna take a break from writing for a few days because looking at a computer screen all weekend has given me a headache, so yeah! Like I said, this WILL be a long chapter, so I hope you guys like it! Please comment, Like, and Favorite! Bye everypony!!!! :rainbowwild::raritywink:

Narrator: Last time on "Magic's Fire" , Twilight Sparkle received a letter from Princess Celestia, informing her of a new test that awaited the young unicorn. With AppleJack's little sister, Apple Bloom, joining Twilight to the great city of Canterlot, they meet with Rainbow Dash, and head to the castle. Once they were there, the princess introduced them to a Canterlot Guard called, Flash Sentry, a stallion that does not seem the least bit interested in the mares. Soon, they reached the library, where Apple Bloom found a gem that created a vortex which sucked everyone into it! Now, the ponies find themselves in an unwanted predicament that will be the start of their journey.......

***************************************************************

BANG!!!!!

The four ponied laid on top of each other, groaning in pain. Rainbow Dash laid on the bottom of the pile of equines, for she tried to grab a hold of Apple Bloom while attempting to regain control over her wings while they were all still in the vortex, to no avail. On top of the rainbow-maned mare was the little filly herself, followed by Twilight, with Flash at the very top of the group. All of the ponies had spinning swirls in the places of their eyes, showing just how dazed they were all feeling. Twilight was the first to snap out of her unresponsive state and she soon realized the awkward position she and her companions were in.

Feeling a pressure on her back, the mare turned to find Flash Sentry, still dazed and without his helmet, laying with his head dangerously close to her flank. Once she realized what she was seeing, Twilight jumped straight out of the pile of ponies, causing them all, especially Flash, to scramble to their hooves and stare at the unicorn mare in bewilderment! Said mare was blushing like crazy as she pointed to the stallion, who looked at her with a confused expression. The Element of Magic was so embarrassed, that she couldn't form proper words and instead spluttered them out, sounding more like utter nonsense than anything else, "I-I...Y-you! I-I d-didn't m-mean-!" was all the unicorn was able to get out before Rainbow Dash placed her hoof over her mouth, abruptly stopping the purple mare in her stuttering.

"Woah there, Twi! Do what Cadence taught ya and take a breather!" the daredevil pegasus instructed firmly. After a moment, Rainbow removed her hoof from her friend's muzzle, and Twilight did as she was told. Taking a few deep breaths, the mare regained her composure and smiled gratefully at her friend.

"Thanks, Rainbow. I needed that," Twilight said with a sigh.

Rainbow shrugged, "Don't mention it, Twilight. I just know what you need sometimes,"

"I hate to break up this little friendship moment, but what just happened?" interrupted Flash, with an annoyed edge in his voice.

Twilight looked around the area and noticed that it was a town with a market place in front of them. The atmosphere, though still breathtaking, with a port that held boats on the sparkling water, the blue sky with no clouds as far as the eye could see, and tall mountains behind it all, she could tell the colors of the area weren't as lively and vibrant as they were in Equestria. However, none of that got the unicorn's attention as much as the strange, two-legged creatures that roamed the area, checking out the market place and the ports while going about their daily lives.

With a gasp, Twilight realized what the creatures were, for she had heard fairy tales of such beings numerous times when she was a filly. They were creatures who she had believed never existed, and who were considered to be just as intelligent, if not more so, as ponies. Some of these two-legged beings were even thought to wield magic just like unicorns. these creatures that Twilight was seeing, were humans.

Turning to face the rest of the group, Twilight said sternly, "Come on! We need to get somewhere where no one can see us," without waiting for their responses, Twilight found a small alleyway between two buildings that had barrels in the entrance way and made a mad dash for it, her companions following close behind. Fortunately they got there undetected by the people walking around and they all gathered in a circle. Rainbow Dash, Flash, and Apple Bloom waited expectantly for Twilight to explain her actions. When she remained silent, Flash Sentry spoke up, growing tired of waiting for answers.

"Well?" he asked simply.

Twilight sighed and spoke, "It's a long story, but I think I know what's going on here...." with that, the gifted unicorn explained that the creatures that they saw were humans, and that they were no longer in Equestria and had somehow ended up in a different dimension. Once she was finished, Flash, Rainbow, and Apple Bloom stared at her, astonished and amazed at her explanation. Even though the idea seemed ridiculous, it also did make a bit of sense. Afterall, they could all tell that the atmosphere looked much more detailed and vast then back in Equestria. Not to mention that there WAS people walking around the area instead of ponies.

"HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!!!!???" Rainbow exclaimed out of the blue, causing everypony to shush her immediately.

"I don't know, but I think it had something to do with that vortex. Question is: Where did THAT come from?" Twilight inquired.

Turning abruptly, the Canterlot Guard glared down at the red-maned filly behind him, who shrunk under his gaze, "What. Did. You. Do," he asked in a dangerously low tone of voice, remembering perfectly well that Apple Bloom was the pony in the lab when the vortex came along. Said filly shuddered and could feel the tears pricking up on the corners of her eyes.

"Ah-Ah w-was in t-the lab getting th-those ingredients, a-and th-there was this g-gem hovering and.... I-I d-don't know why, but......I was s-so drawn t-to it, so........I touched it......" Apple Bloom finished, causing the two mares to gasp and for Flash Sentry to slam his hooves down on the concrete ground in fury!

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!???" he yelled at the filly, who was now sobbing.

A moment later, Rainbow Dash stood in front of Apple Bloom protectively and said, "Leave her alone! Even if she did open the vortex, she didn't mean to send us here!" she yelled back.

To Flash's shock, Twilight jammed her muzzle against his and glared with a fire he had never seen before, "Dash is right, Flash Sentry! What's done is done. It won't do us any good if we point blame. Now why don't we stop yelling and figure out how we're gonna get back," Twilight reasoned.

Before the stallion could respond back to the unicorn, a shriek behind the group caused them all to turn and see a couple in their mid-sixties standing outside of their door that led to one of the buildings that made the alleyway. The man had a broom in his hand and his wife stood looking over his shoulder.

".......We're dead......." the four ponies thought in unison.

Before any of the ponies could react, the man pointed his broom at them and ran straight at them, causing them all to finally bolt out of the alley as fast as their hooves could take them, the man shouting, "YOU GET BACK HERE, YOU LITTLE THIEVES!!!!!!" Twilight could only assume that the man must have been having a problem with thieves, but at the moment, she didn't care. Hearing a grunt from behind her, Twilight turned to see Apple Bloom had tripped while she was running, and saw that the man was heading straight for the little filly! Turning back, Twilight galloped at top speed and scooped up the Cutie Mark Crusader and ran back in the direction she was going.

Finally, the four equines made it back in the streets of the town, losing the old man as they did so. However, that did not help them in the slightest, for now everyone in the marketplace had their eyes on the four. Some were intrigued, some confused, but most looked terrified at the sight. Everyone in the area, including the ponies, stared at one another, before someone let out a shriek of terror at the sight of the ponies, "AAAHHHHH!!!! WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS!!!! GET THEM AWAY!!!!!"

"I bet those creatures are the thieves who have been stealing our magic!!!!" another in the crowd chinned in.

"What? We would never do such a thing!" Twilight claimed in outrage.

"Yeah, what she said!" Rainbow Dash agreed.

Flash Sentry scowled, "You're not helping," he whispered.

"THEY CAN TALK!!!???" someone yelled.

"GUARDS!!! GET THEM!!!!" a man ordered, which caused at least 20 guards to surround the ponies, who all took a few steps back.

"What now?" Twilight asked.

"Easy! We teach these clowns not to mess with us!" Rainbow Dash proclaimed boldly, punching out her front hooves to emphasize that she meant business. However, Flash had different plans.

"No! You three get to safety! I'll handle this!" he ordered.

"Don't be ridiculous! We're not leaving you here to fight all alone!" Twilight protested. Flash glared at her.

"Do as I say! You are two of the Elements of Harmony! Equestria can't afford to lose you! Besides, you've got a filly with you! Don't let her get hurt!" the orange pegasus yelled. Twilight hated to admit it, but he was right. She couldn't allow Apple Bloom to get hurt. AppleJack would never forgive her. Nodding, Twilight turned towards Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow Dash! Come over here!" she yelled.

The pegasus groaned, "Ugh.....fine!"

Once Rainbow Dash flew over to Twilight and Apple Bloom, who was trembling on Twilight's back, Twilight conjured up her magic and made its illumination surround her, Apple Bloom, and Rainbow Dash. The man who ordered the guards in the first place shouting, "Their getting away! Stop them!" but before the guards could get to the trio, they poofed away and vanished, leaving Flash Sentry to face off against the guards, who all came straight at him with no hesitation. He didn't show any fear as he too charged at some of the guards who were closest to him! The fight had begun!

Unbeknownst to anyone in the town, the guards, and Flash Sentry, that in the shadows close by, a figure cloaked in black with a hood covering his face, watched and smirked. Not long after, he stocked off into a forest, knowing quite well that the three other ponies were heading into it, and where a certain dragon slayer was hiding as well.......

*******************************************************************

With a poof and a glimmering, violet light, Twilight, Apple Bloom, and Rainbow Dash appeared in a clearing of a forest. The ponies irises spun circles around their eyes for a moment before they shook their heads to clear them. Once she stopped seeing stars around her, Twilight looked to her friends to check on them, "Are you two alright?" she asked, concerned.

Rainbow Dash grabbed a hold of her head to make it stop shaking, and lazily landed on the ground on her side, and said, "~Y-yeah....just, next time you do something like that Twi, be sure to warn me~" Twilight smiled sympathetically down at her poor friend before turning her head to look at the bow-wearing filly that was still laying on her back, her eyes finally stopping in their spinning motion.

"How about you, Apple Bloom?" Twilight asked.

"I-I guess......" the filly stuttered.

"Don't tell us your the ones who have been causing all this trouble," the trio jumped at the cocky remark that sounded like it came from above them in a tree. Looking up into a tree branch in the front of the clearing, the three ponies could see a young man with salmon colored hair, a strange red insignia on his right shoulder, and a white scarf around his neck, looking down at them with a smirk plastered on his face. Next to the teen was a blond girl with brown eyes, two pigtails in her hair, and had the same insignia as the boy next to her on her right hand, but in the color pink. Floating between the two people was a blue cat with angel-like wings that supported him.

Twilight, Apple Bloom, and Rainbow Dash stared up at the trio atop the branch of the tree in awe, before Rainbow Dash smirked and got up from where she was laying and crouched in her fighting stance, ready for a fight, "Well, if you are looking for a fight, I'm ready to make ya see stars for the next month!" the blue pegasus declared confidently, which made the boy on the tree smirk and jump down and ignite flames in his fists, much to the blond girl's and Twilight's dismay.

Twilight, Apple Bloom, and even Rainbow Dash were shocked when they saw the teen had ignited flames in his hands without the use of a unicorn horn. Not to mention the fact that the male seemed unaffected by the flames that would surely burn his skin off.

"Who is this human? How can those flames not be hurting him? Perhaps this is the magic I've heard about in those stories....." Twilight thought in her mind.

"Aw yeah, now I've got a fire in my belly," Natsu stated calmly. He, Lucy, and Happy had decided to take a job together since they rarely went on jobs with just the three of them. They were able to find a request for catching magic stealers in Hargeon. Natsu and Lucy took the job immediately because it was in the very town where they first met, which was a very special day for them both. They were walking through the forest since Natsu refused to go on the train, and were entering a clearing when Natsu's sharp senses picked up extreme magic power come out of nowhere! He didn't know why, but there was something strange feeling about the magic; it didn't feel like it was magic that you chose to learn or magic that you get from a mentor or some other source. No. It felt more.......natural. It felt like magic that wasn't given, but magic that is already inside of you when you're born.

When he had felt that, he pulled Lucy up in the closest tree along with him, much to the celestial mage's surprise, and waited for the energy to make itself known. When he had seen the trio of ponies, he, Lucy, and Happy gasped and stared in awe as they saw a unicorn, a pegasus, and a normal pony appear out of nowhere! They had watched the scene unfold between the small group and were even more astonished when they saw that the equines could TALK! Sure, Igneel was a dragon and could talk as well, but Natsu had never seen nor heard of any horned and winged ponies hanging around Fiore. For a split second, Natsu wondered if these mares and filly were the thieves of the magic, but he smelled fear, confusion, and utter shock emanating from the small group. Not to mention that the magic they were giving off didn't give off the vibe of being evil.

Seeing as they were not the threat, the dragon slayer relaxed and watched the rest of the scene go on before he made his snide remark, which caused the little creatures to jump. He had suppressed a laugh when the blue pegasus challenged him to a fight. He already liked that pony, and though he knew they weren't anything to worry about, Natsu could never turn down a challenge to fight when it presented itself to him.

Those events bring us back to where we left off, where Rainbow Dash and Natsu stood a few feet away from each other, ready to make their moves. Simultaneously, the two charged, ready to make their blows! However, the boy and pegasus were stopped when Natsu felt two arms wrap around his waist, while Rainbow Dash was pulled by her tail with Twilight's magic, "Rainbow Dash! This is not the time to be messing around! We need to get Apple Bloom somewhere safe!" the unicorn reminded her friend. Rainbow fell to the ground and pouted childishly.

"Aw, but Twilight....." she whined.

"Natsu! What are you thinking, you idiot! We need to get to Hargeon, not mess around with strange animals!" Lucy explained. Natsu slouched in disappointment.

"Aw, man......." he whined as well.

"Jee, Lucy sure isn't fun huh, Natsu?" Happy teased, much to the blond's annoyance.

"SHUT IT, CAT!" Lucy exclaimed, outraged.

"I'll handle this, Rainbow. Calm down," Twilight instructed.

"....Fine...." the pegasus grumbled.

Once she was sure Rainbow Dash wouldn't try anything, Twilight hesitantly walked towards the two wizards and exceed with a stern expression disguising her nervousness. If the humans tried to make a move, only then would Twilight allow herself and Rainbow Dash to fight. Stopping in front of the fairies before her, Twilight scanned the curious faces that looked back at her, her gaze finally landing on Natsu. Their eyes locked as they stared at each other, both wondering what to do next, "Who are you?" Twilight finally spoke up, cutting into the silence. Instead of being intimidated, which was what Twilight was going for, Natsu grinned his lopsided smile that showed off his canines.

"Call me Natsu! Natsu Dragneel! My little buddy here-" he gestured to the flying cat, "-is Happy, and the blond demon that's still holding onto me is Lucy!"

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME!!!???" Lucy asked furiously, letting go of her partner's waist and pointing a finger at him, a vain showing on the side of her head.

Sensing that there was no trace in hostility around the mages, Twilight relaxed and smiled, "Oh well, in that case, I'm Twilight Sparkle. You already know Rainbow Dash-"

At the mention of her name, Rainbow Dash zoomed over by Twilight, placed her right elbow on Twilight's head as if it were a armrest, put on a large pair of shades over her eyes, and smirked, "-THE fastest flyer in all of Equestria, and the pony who would have TOTALLY beaten you if Twilight hadn't intervened," the rainbow-maned mare bragged, making Twilight roll her eyes in annoyance and causing Natsu to yell in outrage.

"WHAT! WHAT ARE YA SAYING, SHORTY!? I COULD BEAT YOU WITH MY EYES CLOSED!!!!!" Natsu proclaimed, getting into the pony's face.

"OH, I KNOW YOU DIDN'T JUST CALL ME SHORT!!! WHAT'S UP WITH PINK HAIR, ANYWAY!? YA KNOW THAT'S A GIRLS COLOR, RIGHT!!!???" Rainbow Dash boomed back.

"SHUT UP!!! IT'S SALMON, NOT PINK!!! WHAT ABOUT YOUR HAIR!? RAINBOW COLORED HAIR IS WAY MORE STRANGE THAN PINK!!!" Natsu stated.

"OH, YOU WANT TO GO!!!???" Rainbow Dash challenged.

"YEAH!!!" Natsu yelled back.

"QUIT IT!!!" Lucy and Twilight screamed in unison, making the pegasus and dragon slayer look at them, then turn away grumbling.

"If we can stop yelling for a second, I would like to also introduce a friend of mine's little sister. Apple Bloom?" Twilight faced the little filly that remained quiet throughout the whole ordeal and trotted over to the group of ponies, humans, and cat and smiled, holding out her hoof for them to shake.

Lucy, Happy, and even Natsu couldn't help but smile warmly and crouch down at the filly's level and shake her hoof, "Howdy, I'm Apple Bloom! Nice to meet ya'll!" Apple Bloom greeted, making Lucy just want to hug her to death.

"It's very nice to meet you, too, Apple Bloom! I'm Lucy! If you can't already tell, those two morons are Natsu and Happy," Lucy explained

"HEY!!!" said morons exclaimed.

Looking around the area, Twilight realized that the a certain Canterlot Guard wasn't present with them. Worry crept in Twilight's mind, "Hey, don't you think that Flash should be here by now?" she asked.

"Now that you mention it, it has been a while since he told us to run and began fighting those guards on his own," Rainbow added.

This caught the three wizard's attention. Why were these ponies running from guards? What happened to them? "Hey, why are you guys running from these guards? Who's this Flash guy? What did you do?" Natsu asked automatically.

Twilight turned to him and lowered her head down in sorrow, "We don't know why they want us. Someone said that WE were the ones who stole their magic, but we didn't we would do no such thing! Flash stayed behind to fight them off while we went to find safety, and we haven't seen him since!" Twilight finished, her concern and anger welling up in her tone. Apple Bloom and Rainbow Dash patted Twilight on her back, , while Lucy and Happy followed soon after in patting the distraught mare. As for Natsu, he clutched his fist in anger. He was mad. How dare those idiots attack these ponies for stealing their magic just because they held magic within them? Even though he had just met the strange equines, he felt that he had to protect them. He would be sure to give those guards Hell to pay!

".....Don't worry....." he whispered. Luckily, Twilight was able to hear and watched as the teen looked her in the eyes and offered her an encouraging smile, "I promise, we WILL save your friend!" he declared. Twilight smiled gratefully at her new friend, so touched that he was willing to help them after just meeting them.

"......Thank you......" was all she could say.

However, the heartfelt moment was interrupted by another voice. One that was cold and had malice in it's tone, "How sweet. Humans and beasts becoming friends and already making empty promises to each other," was what it said.

Standing abruptly and turning their heads towards the voice's owner, the group saw tall man in a dark cloak with it's hood covering his face. Natsu glared at the man, for he felt dark magic coming off of him in waves. Twilight stood beside Natsu, her horn giving off it's violet glow as she was ready to fire her spells if needed. Like Natsu, Twilight could feel that this newcomer had dark intentions. She would not run away this time. Behind them, Lucy, Happy, Rainbow Dash, and even Apple Bloom glared at the man, "Who are you?" Natsu demanded as he ignited his fist, ready to attack.

"I'm your worst nightmare," the cloaked wizard said simply.

"Oh, like I haven't heard that one before!" Rainbow Dash mocked, crossing her hooves over her chest.

"Oh, but in this case my little friend, I am," raising his arms up, the man flicked his wrist to the side.

Instantly, Rainbow Dash's throat was engulfed by a black mist that rapped around her throat tightly, choking her! The mare gasped and brought her hooves to her neck where the mist was cutting off her oxygen and breathed heavily, trying desperately to get air into her lungs! The mare dropped to the ground as she continued struggling getting air to breath in.

"RAINBOW DASH!!!!!" Natsu, Twilight, Lucy, Happy, and Apple Bloom shouted, horrified at the sight of their friend's choking fit.

Little by little, the pegasus's face began to turn purple as she began losing oxygen...........