• Published 4th Oct 2016
  • 266 Views, 2 Comments

Political Blizzard Prequel - Razor Flake



Razor Flake is flying over the Everfree. When he lands, he realizes that his situation is worse than it seemed...

  • ...
 2
 266

2: The Reunion

Razor Flake was going to die. He was sure. Or maybe worse, live with no wings. He was too young. It wasn't fair.



Flywheel's father, Brass Cog, and his sister, Clockwork, were having dinner. There was awful wind outside, and a whole lot of snow. Flywheel was imagining how much his grey winged friend would like to see this weather, when the colt in question's voice broke the wind's shrill cries for a moment.

"Mister Brass? Flywheel? Clocks? Hello?!"

Flywheel realized that something was wrong. Razor may love the cold, but he's never fly this far out. He loves the cold, but knows the danger of the weather, especially to pegasai.

Rushing to open the door, a shocking sight awaited the colt. His friend lay on the porch, his white mane and tail nearly frozen solid, his lips and ears splitting, but most of all, were his wings. Oh Celestia, his wings. They looked bruised! However, he soon put cold and injuries together. Eyes wide, he cried for his father and older sister to help his dear friend.



With a heavy heart, Brass Cog told the young, frost bitten pegasus the news...

"Listen, Razor, your wings, that are beyond repair. There is only one option for you to take. The wings need to go."

Razor Flake was at first, angry, then scared, but finally, he was calm. He knew what had to be done.

"OK, do it."

It was painless. Physically, any way. The frost bite had withered his nerves a while back. But he was broken. But then, he noticed.

"Razor, you got your cutie mark!", Exclaimed Flywheel.

"Hmm?"

"Look!"

He looked, and was greeted by a jagged snowflake. It looked like it was about to break, but at the same time, it looked to be fighting to stay together. He had a lighthouse amongst the blizzard outside.