• Published 26th Jun 2012
  • 1,163 Views, 39 Comments

A life worth living - IronCupcake



The life and trials of derpy hooves

  • ...
4
 39
 1,163

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I awoke, fresh and relieved that the operation had been a success. The doctors told me the surgery was a success, and then I did something I could never do my whole life…. I said thank you. I walked out beaming with pride. I was skipping around town saying “hello” and “what’s up” to every pony who walked by me. When I got into my home my dad stood in front of the door, with his arms open for me and I ran in for a big hug. When I hugged him, I felt alive, I felt like my life was complete. My dreams have been chased, I was cured and in my father’s arms.

Together for the first time we watched television, we went out to the mall, and even got some cider at the apple’s ranch. When we were in town we spoke to Miss Cheerilee who was excited for me and was ready to help me step into a new life. My new life in which I can be normal and chase my dreams, like my mother intended me to do ever since I was born. Miss Cheerilee was skeptical at first of why I and my father were out in the town but he explained to her that he had made a big change in his life, for the better. After meeting with Miss Cheerilee we continued on into many public areas just to show off my improved communication skills.

I have had many great moments in my life and none of them consisted of my father. Today is where this all changed. It was dawn; we sat in the middle of a field watching the sun set when we met eye to eye.
When he said, “Dream Chaser, I was going through a hard part in my life, I could not stand the fact that I had settled down and I was angry about it. I wanted to live the life I once had but, it’s all over. I guess I could never come to terms with it but, I love you, I always have and I always will.”
I was never used to being able to reply, let alone reply to my father, but right then and there I felt like it was the appropriate time to speak. And so I spoke…
“I love you too daddy”
I never called him that, or at least never attempted to, but I felt the bond between me and him could never be stronger than at that moment of time.
I always loved him; I just needed to find that emotion. And I found it today.