• Published 15th Nov 2016
  • 578 Views, 10 Comments

My Personal Nightmare - LunarReaper



The Nightmare, a monster that prey's on the weak and defenseless. A monster which devours newborns and curses the innocent with nightmares. That is how most would describe her. Her creator looks at it differently.

  • ...
1
 10
 578

Dream of Sanity

My Personal Nightmare.
LunarReaper
Prologue - Dream of Sanity

"Do you understand what I'm saying princess?" A gruff voice spoke with a hint of annoyance clear in his voice. Princess Luna's eyes came into focus for the tenth time during their session finally giving the doctor her full attention.

"I'm sorry what?", Princess Luna the goddess of the moon and stars, one of the two celestial sisters and royal of the night was currently trying to ignore the doctor that her sister had "gifted" her with. It wasn't that she disliked the good doctor more she disliked what he was trying to convince her of that she was "sick" as he called it. There was nothing wrong with her and she knew it but after one time of her yelling at nothing or what they thought was nothing she had been stuck with him every second day of the week, it was irritating to say the least. But she was patient, one does not spend one thousand years on the moon without learning to be patient. All she had to do was wait.

"Were you even listening to me Princess?" The Kiren rolled his pencil between two claws while giving the princess an appraising stare. Which she returned with a baleful glare.

"Art thine suggesting that we were not?" Upon hearing this the doctor raised a single eyebrow, he had heard that the princess of the moon was prideful but he was here for a reason and a stubborn old mares pride would not stopping him from doing his job.

"This information is important princess," Luna shifted slightly in her bed and rolled her eyes at the "Doctor" who was sitting on a pillow on the ground with a notepad and pencil in his claws, "If you don't understand your sickness how are you supposed to fight it?"

"Why does he keep saying that?" A voice whispered in her ear sounding worried. Luna's ear's flicked in the voices direction but overall she gave no other signs of noticing it.

"We art not sick fixer of ailments, Alicorns don't get sick." Luna's voice was firm and beginning to show slight irritation.

"Maybe not in body but the mind is a delicate thing." The doctor argued his grip tightening on the pencil in his clawed hoof his features turning slightly darker.

"He sounds mad maybe you should listen a bit." The voice whispered once again.

"Our mind was created so that we may live forever little pony tis not a delicate thing," The princess of the moon took a deep breath before continuing. "We art not delicate nor art we sick tis that understood little pony now begone from our chambers we grow tired of thine constant attempts to "heal" our "sickness" of which we have none!" The princess of the moon snarled at the word sickness causing the doctors ears to fold back as he wilted away slightly. Luna's head turned away from the healer gazing out the window now completely ignoring him Luna could hear the doctor sigh as he rose from his pillow placing his pencil, notepad and other notes in his saddle bags before leaving as quietly as possible.

"See you at dinner princess."

"Good evening treater of ailments."

"Bye Mr Healer pony" the voice stated cheerfully. Luna turned to the source of the noise as the the door closed with a soft click, raising herself from her bed she stretched for a second before finally giving it her full attention smiling slightly. What was before her was a filly no more than 6 years old with leathery wings, a sharp horn and slitted pupils. The filly was black in colour with a deep purple mane and eyes the exact same shade of blue as Luna's. The only problem was that only Luna could see,hear and make phisical contact with her (problems she had been trying to fix with no success).

"How art thou this evening Dream?" The little alicorn beamed at the lunar princess her fangs sparkling in the moonlight as she hung from one of the supports on Luna's bed... upside down.

"Oh I'm good I had a really weird dream though with dragons and these weird bipedi...uhhh two legged things with spikey hats and they were fighting but they became friends and took down a really evil bigger dragon together and then..." The little ball of energy and cute continued rambling as Luna's princessly attire floated from the place on the floor she dumped it onto her bed. Listening with one ear she sighed before placing each piece on her body with her currently very weak levitation until she came to the tiara floating in a navy blue glow in front of her.

"'Ohh how we wish sister had retrieved our plated battle armor or hooded hunter garb twould be better than this...",Luna paused for a second her eyes moving to the filly (who was still rambling) before gazing back to the tiara (she would rather not have) '"thing."' Luna placed it gently upon her head and closed her eyes breathing out a sigh.

"Hey, art thou OK?" Luna opened her eyes gazing at the filly still hanging from a part of her bed by her tail a frown on her little features.

"We art fine little one, why would we not be?" Luna tilted her head to the side slightly giving Dream a confused look.

"You were looking sad, was it because of what Mr Healy Pony said?" Luna shook her head.

"No twas not what Dr Tune said little one and tis not something little ponies like you should be hearing."

"Why not?", Dream dropped from the support she was hanging from placing a soft hoof on Luna's chest (after she flopped onto the bed in the most uncouth manner possible that is).

"Tis just not something thou would be interested in." (lie success chance 67%) Dream looked at Luna with an appraising eye staring deep into the Lunar Goddesses very bloody soul before shrugging.

"Uhhh OK.'"

(Lie successful)

Luna stepped onto the cold marble floor as a breeze flew through her room making her shiver slightly - the pegasi sure went out of their way to make this night extra cold - Luna rolled her eyes at the bracing cold delivered by her feathered winged (and sometimes brained) subjects. Luna turned to Dream smiling.

"Let us get breakfast.", Luna felt the weight of a tiny alicorn rest on her back, small black hooves grasping the area around her neck tightly the fily nuzzled her before gesturing towards the door in an exuberant manner grinning through her sharp fangs.

"Onwards steed to thine place of breakfast!", Dream shouted with a smile whilst Luna rolled her eyes at the foals actions before taking a light fearful step into the corridor lined with guards and a few nervous servant's all staring at her from the corners of her eyes. They had heard her she could tell by the way they looked at her and the sound of quiet whispering as she passed them but she was not worried for the fact they were whispering (staff did that in her presence all the time) nor for their harsh words directed at her, or the stares, what irritated her was the use of a single word. A word which she laughed heartily at when she first heard it, they invented a word after her why would she not laugh it was unusual and honoring... until she learnt what it meant then all she could do was flinch each time it was said.

"Lunatic"

Luna wilted slightly her hooves slowing her eyes down, the filly on her back which none could see but her felt heavier at that moment. Her head stayed down until she was standing outside the dining room the sounds of a lush banquet could be heard. Her posture straightened and a neutral look appeared on her muzzle. Inside were friends of her sister celebrating there weekly get together. They were not her friends none of them and they would rather ignore her than attempt to become her friend. Luna sighed under her breath before placing her hoof against the door tapping it three times before pushing it open.

Author's Note:

Got bored... so yeah here have a thing.
Trophy Gained - Fight Me - Be hostile to ponies trying to help you... douche.
Trophy Gained - Liar - Successfuly lie to a child.
Trophy Gained - Yay! Ears! - Hear the whispers.