• Published 10th Sep 2016
  • 432 Views, 6 Comments

I'm on a Master Quest - Purple Pony



A thestral goes on a journey with some friends to make sure the world will know his name. This is his day to show he is a Master. Now, if only ponies would stop running away on sight.

  • ...
6
 6
 432

Chapter 11-A Few Months Later

Now, I could have gone into detail as far as how each and every day went, but it all just blended together. The morning classes were boring, the afternoon classes were similar (I was a bit above the rest of the class in the afternoon), and Sunny was being her usual enigmatic self with a side of sheer joy.

Now, Flurry Heart’s birthday is coming up. We actually have a few days off of school for it (in an actual school, we wouldn’t, but since Flurry set it up, she makes the rules), so most students are going to be relaxing and chilling and all-around trying to forget about academy. I, however, have to go meet my mother at the station. She did say she would be coming for Flurry’s Birthday.

Me and Sunny are waiting at the station, at 10 in the morning, sitting there with some idle chat. Mostly sports. Hay, Hoofball and Buckball are awesome. She just can’t see that Cloudsdale isn’t a team worth rooting for. I’m trying to convince her that, but she keeps shooting me down. Togetic is flying around with my team, and all of them are quite restless, just waiting for the train. Even Vaporeon is antsy, and that never happens.

Finally, the train pulls in. It doesn’t take long to pick out mom, as she sticks out in a crowd being a thestral. It doesn’t take her long to pick us out because of the crowd of Pokemon around us.

She then rushes over and hugs me. Naturally. “CLOUD! I missed you sooooooo much! The house is too quiet without you around!”

“Mom? I (wheeze) think you (hack) broke a (cough) rib!” I manage to get out. She finally let go, and proceeds to look over at Sunny. Before mom can decide to hug her, Sunny takes the initiative and hugs her first. I snicker, mom hears, and she pulls me in for a group hug. “DANG IT!”

“Hello, Ms. Song!” Sunny says in her cheery voice. “How was the trip?”

“It was fine, Sunny. But now that I’m here, it just got a lot better.” Mom replies.

“YAY!” Sunny shouts. “Now, let’s go to the castle!” and she flies off. She never slows down, does she?

Mom just looks puzzled when we take off. “How did she know I was staying in the castle?”

“Mom, just don’t question it. It will be better for you if you do.” I reply.

Mom still looks confused, but heeds my advice, given that I have lived with Sunny for longer.


We catch up with Sunny before we get to the castle. Once we touch down, we see Flurry right away, yet again sticking out with the absolutely massive wings. Seriously, her wings are just so large, it dwarfs all us lowly pegasi/thestrals. Anyways, Flurry then comes over and hugs mom first, then Sunny, then me. At least she didn’t try to kill me.

Anyways, Flurry leads us into the castle. “Mom and Dad wanted to see you, Sky. At least before the party.”

Mom looks like she’s been through this already. “If Cadence is trying to hook me up again, the answer’s no.”

Sunny and I just burst out in laughter. When I realize that it was a serious comment, I only laugh harder. Sunny is practically squealing she’s laughing so hard.

Finally, after about ten minutes, I stop laughing enough to look somewhat sorry (but not really). We then continue to the throne room. There, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Prince Shining Armor are waiting for us there. Naturally, in the face of royalty, I bow. Sunny and Mom follow suit.

After we rise, Mom immediately goes on offense. “Don’t try to hook me up again. I’m sick of it.”

Cadence has the decency to look offended. “Not this time, Sky. I just wanted to share a drink between friends.”

Mom just glares. “I don’t drink alcohol. I’m sober.”

I decide to pipe up quickly. “She doesn’t even keep rubbing alcohol in the house.”

Cadence and Flurry snicker, Sunny outright laughs, and Shining Armor just smiles.

Cadence looks over to me and Sunny, and smiles knowingly. “I sense some young love in the room.” She then winks.

Right, freaking Princess of Love. I immediately start to disprove it, saying stuff like “we just live in the same room” and “we are a bit young”, but Sunny kills my defense with one action.

She kisses me on the cheek.

She does that a lot when she wants to shut me up. It works with a 100% completion rate. Unfortunately, she usually does it in private. This time, she did it in front of the Princess of Love, the most successful Trainer in history, the Prince of the Crystal Empire, and, most importantly, my mother.

This is going to be awkward.

Cadence doesn’t say anything, thankfully. She started it. Shining Armor just smiles, knowing exactly who is going to freak out. Flurry Heart just steps back, waiting on her questions for a little while. And getting out of the way.

My mom immediately charges over and starts asking questions rapid fire. “HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU KISSED YOU DO REALIZE THAT YOU ARE JUST A TEN YEAR OLD HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME WHEN YOU WROTE TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!”

Umbreon gets between mom and I, making sure she doesn’t kill me. I start to answer questions. “It was after the first day of class, and it was all her. Ask Sunny for a number. Yes, I do realize that I’m still just a kid. And you’re much funnier when you’re angry.”

“I count 37 times so far!” Sunny pipes in helpfully.

If looks could kill, mom would have just killed me slowly, painfully, and torturously. Instead, she looks at Cadence, and says “If it’s all the same to you, I’d like that drink now.”


Three hours later, and mom is smashed.

I mean full on K.O.ed. Espeon is carrying her back to her room, with mom mumbling in her sleep. Something about grandfoals. I think.

Shining Armor and Cadence can apparently hold their fluids. That, or they weren’t drinking anything alcoholic. Either or. They were following behind us, guiding us to mom’s room. Of course, they were stumbling as well, and Sunny was making sure they didn’t fall over. A tall order when both of them are about twice your size.

Anyways, we make it to mom’s room, and after setting her in her bed, we leave as quickly as count of how many times she hit on dad.”

“No wonder she doesn’t have alcohol in the house. The thought of her constantly buzzed scares me.”

Flurry nods. “Especially since she’s a guard.”

“Sure thing. WAIT! Did she take you with her?”

Flurry looks shocked, then says “She didn’t take me, I went with her. She watched me during the day, I watched her at night. I made sure she didn’t run away with any stallion. I wasn’t always successful, but I tried.

“It was one of those nights that she snuck off that you were created.”

“ACK! STOP RIGHT THERE, EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW!” I yell.

“Oh, I just forgot, we should ask her who your father is.” Flurry remembers.

“Tomorrow. I just want to relax for now.” I say.

Flurry nods, then Sunny grabs me and drags me away. Off to do whatever she decides. With very little input from me.


After dinner, we went back to our dorm room, and settled down for the night. “Sunny, did you really have to kiss me in front of my mom? I would have handled it if she wasn’t there.”

Sunny just giggles. And flashes me a knowing smile. “Your mom would have found out anyways. Cadence was there, remember?”

“Frick.” There goes my argument. Then again, Sunny has yet to lose an argument. She has logic in her brain. She just doesn’t show it when she’s goofing off.

Hopefully, mom won’t make a big deal out of it tomorrow. But my thoughts are she will torture me endlessly about this. I’d better prepare. This could get hairy.

Author's Note:

Shorter than I would like, but if I continue on to the next stopping point, I'll have another three-thousand word chapter. And I probably can't do that in a week. So yeah.

Comments on who you think Cloud's Dad is. I want to hear what you guys guess.