• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 3,027 Views, 34 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls: Friendship Games - SonicAKG



Sonic's pumped for the Friendship Games! But will it be what he expects?

  • ...
15
 34
 3,027

A Giant Misunderstanding

A Giant Misunderstanding
As the Crystal Prep bus started to approach Canterlot High, Scourge looked out at the window and he formed a smirk as he examined the front of the school. He saw Vice Principal Luna and Principal Celestia outside, waiting to greet the students.

"(All right Blue, get ready to eat my dust!)" He thought.

Scourge turned around and he saw Twilight, still looking down at her bag shyly. During the whole trip, she hadn't really said much. She was still getting used to the idea of having a friend.

"(Ok then, Scourge, got to try a little harder to seal the deal.)"

Scourge let out a large sigh, making Twilight turn to him suddenly. He pretended to have a sad look on his face. Twilight noticed this and she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Scourge? What's wrong?" She asked. She wanted to help him in any way she could if he was feeling down. After all, he had gone out his way form a friendship with her.

"It's just that...... I don't have many fond memories of this place." Scourge said in fake unhappy tone.

Hearing this caught Twilight's interest greatly. 'No Fond memories?' What could he mean?

"What are you talking about? You mean you've been here before?" Twilight said, her voice full of curiosity. While she was concerned about his well-being, the fact he had been to the school before was intriguing. Maybe he could tell her a thing or few about the strange occurrences. She then remembered Scourge's similarities to Sonic. Twilight decided to continue with questions.

"Scourge, I hope this isn't the bad time, but could I ask you something. You look a lot like this blue-haired boy called Sonic. Do you know anything about him? I've been doing some research at strange things happening at this school and I think Sonic might have something to do with it. What's his connection to the school" Twilight said.

"(So, she knows about Blue, eh? Hmmm, this could be fun.I got an idea...)" Scourge thought as he raised an eyebrow.

"Know him?! I wish I didn't. He treat's this school like his own playground. Everyone does what he says cause he's such a good actor! He's just the worst! When I was here, he made my life miserable. He acted like he wanted to be friends at first and even introduced me to a bunch of people, but the next thing I knew, I had a knife in my back. Don't let his nice guy act fool you, trust me, I had to learn the hard way." Scourge lied in a bitter tone, making Twilight put her hand over her mouth.

"I-I'm sorry. That must have been terrible! If it bothers you, I won't ask you any more about this place if it brings back bad memories." Twilight said. She was hoping she hadn't upset him.

"(This is priceless!) Nah, it's fine. I'll tell you anything that could help you with your research. Anything to help a friend, even if it's not pleasant for me. Listen, I think you're on to something. Anytime something weird goes on in this place, Sonic's always around. I think he and his cronies are up to something. Keep a look out for them too." Scourge warned.

Twilight began to remember the time when she had found a mysterious blue gem and took it for research as she placed her hand on her chin. She remembered Sonic, with three other boys coming in after it. They had infiltrated the school and one of them even threatened her for the gem. Scourge was right. She needed to be careful if Sonic was around.

"Thanks, Scourge. I'm so lucky to have you looking out for me." Twilight said, making Scourge grin. In her bag, Spike let out a small growl which Twilight or Scourge didn't notice.

"Don't sweat it. That's what friends do."(I've picked the perfect target!)"

The Crystal Prep bus arrived at CHS shortly after and students began to get off the bus. As the students descended down, Twilight accidentally fell and she landed on Sunny Flare. When she got up, Sunny Flare came up in Twilight's face with a furious look, making Twilight shrink back. Scourge saw the whole thing and he grinned.

"(Time for me to be the hero of the day.)"

"Watch where you're going!" She barked.

Scourge came in between the two girls suddenly and he softly pushed Sunny Flare back.

"Hey, accidents happen." Scourge told her while Sunny continued to glare and she turned away from him. Scourge looked back to Twilight with a smile.

"Got your back." He whispered making her slightly smile as well. Sour Sweet observed the two of them and she pretended to gag.

In Twilight's hand, Scourge noticed that she was holding a dark purple clock-like device with a black hole in the center. It had a pink dot and was flashing.

"(What could that be? Another opportunity?)"

"Twi, what's that?" Scourge asked he pointed to her device, making her look down to it.

"Oh, this is-" Twilight was saying before Scourge felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see it was Principal Cinch and so did Twilight. Cinch was looking down at Scourge with a serious face.

"Mr. Scourge, we need to talk." Cinch said.

"Fine. Anyway, Twi, go on ahead, I'll catch up." Scourge said as he gave Twilight the thumbs up. Twilight nodded and she headed into the school, following the signal on her device. Scourge turned back to Cinch, who folded her arms.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Scourge, you are here to represent Crystal Prep. Thus, you should act as how a student of our institution would. Focus and determined. None of your hooligan acts." Cinch explained, making Scourge roll his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I get the picture, sheesh." Scourge said dismissively as he waved his hand to her and he turned his back.

"And as well, I don't need you to distract our star student." She firmly said, causing Scourge to form a smirk that she didn't see.

"Relax, lady. I'm not up to anything. Just motivating her to do well for the games. That's all. I promise. I am 100 percent dedicated to the well-being of this school." Scourge fibbed, making Cinch lower her eyes. She didn't trust him one bit.

"Just keep in mind, that I'm keeping an eye on you." Cinch warned.

As Vice Principal Luna was finished greeting Dean Cadance, she looked past her to see Scourge talking to Principal Cinch. She raised a curious eyebrow.

"New student of yours, Cadance?" Luna asked making Cadance turn around to see Scourge as well.

"Yes, he transferred her a while back. He's still in the process of...adjusting." Cadance replied. "Why do you ask?"

"It's just that he looks a lot like a student of mine."She said as she observed Scourge.

In the CHS band room, the Rainbooms were setting down their instruments after Knuckles, Manic, Tails, and Silver had finished watching them practice.

"Poor Sonic, I feel so bad that he can't compete." Fluttershy said as she set down her tambourine.

"I've never seen Sonic that unhappy before." Tails added.

"Well, then, in that case, we're going to work twice as hard to win these games! Let's dedicate this year's win to Sonic!" Rainbow Dash declared as she raised her fist up, making the others Rainbooms and everyone else cheer as well, except Sunset. She was still wondering if Twilight had received her message as she studied the ground, lost in her thoughts. Manic noticed that she didn't cheer and that her face looked like she was focused on something else. and he came next to her

"Hey, Sunset, everything ok?" Manic asked, making her suddenly turn to him, snapping her out of it.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry. Anyway, you guys are right, for Sonic."Sunset said, but she didn't sound so enthusiastic.

"We should go look for him. Give you guys time to prep for the games." Knuckles suggested as he headed out the door, followed by Tails, Silver, and Manic, leaving the Rainbooms to discuss the games as they turned to each other.

Sonic still strutted through the halls of the school, not feeling any better than before. Sonic came in front of the entrance and he saw outside a purple bus. Surrounding it were various students wearing purple uniforms, waiting to be led into the entrance. Sonic sighed.

"Oh, perfect. Crystal Prep's already here." He groaned. "Come to think of it, the others are right. I should probably keep a low-profile until the games are over. No point in me being around them anyway."

Sonic turned and he walked back down the hall he came from, still holding his head. Eventually, he came in front of the band room and opened the door. He heard what sounded like the Rainbooms talking.

"Hey, do you guys mind if I stay here until the-" Sonic began before he saw that the Rainbooms, with a very exhausted looking Rarity, were talking to someone, a girl wearing the Crystal Prep uniform and her hair tied in bun . She and the Rainbooms turned around and Sonic saw that it was Twilight. His eyes widened. Seeing her jogged his memories of that whole infiltration fiasco. Twilight's eyes widened when she saw him as well and the two of them gasped.

"It's you!!" Sonic and Twilight both exclaimed in union, making the Rainbooms confused as they looked back at Sonic and then at Twilight.

"You two know each other?" AppleJack asked.

"Sort of..." Sonic said as he rubbed the back of the head nervously while Twilight stood frozen. He figured that he hadn't really made a good impression the first time he met at her Crystal Prep.

"Listen, about the other time from before. I wanted to say, sorry for how things turned out. I know things didn't look so good, but we really needed that emerald. I" Sonic told her as he offered her his hand.

Twilight stood there, looking at his face, full of sincerity and then down at his hand. She thought about taking it until...

"Don't let his nice guy act fool you."

Twilight clutched her hand and then she backed away from Sonic, puzzling him. She seemed almost defensive around him.

"He told me that you would pretend to be nice." Twilight began until her eye's widened with realization as she remembered all the students she'd never seen before greeting her with familiarity. "Wait, is that why everyone here seems to know me?! You put them up to it to trick me?! You must've told them about how I took your emerald!" She began to back away from Sonic and the Rainbooms, frightened. They were all stumped as why she was acting this why and they exchanged glances.

"Wow, calm down there. I don't know what you're talking about, but Sonic wouldn't do something like that. He's the nicest guy around." Rainbow Dash said as she put her arm around Sonic. Twilight looked down on the ground and then back at Rainbow.

"Of course you say that! He told me you do everything Sonic says!" Twilight replied.

"What are you talking about? Twilight, who's he?" Sunset asked as she stepped forward to Twilight

Before Twilight could respond, Principal Cinch entered with Principal Celestia and they stopped in their tracks. Celestia was shocked to see Twilight while Cinch's eyes landed on Sonic. She didn't look to pleased to see him.

"(He looks like Scourge. He must be that blue streak in Canterlot. I knew he was a student here. So, he's competing then? I was right to bring Scourge.)" Cinch thought. She then cleared her throat loudly, causing everyone's attention to be on her.

"So, I see that my prized student has already met some of yours?" Cinch said. The words prized student caused everyone in the room to look at Cinch with surprise. So this world's Twilight was a Crystal Prep Student.

"I take it this is the competing team?" Cinch continued as she studied the Rainbooms and especially Sonic.

"Not all of them. Unfortunately, Sonic here can't participate due to ..reasons." Celestia explained, making Sonic look down glumly while Cinch's eyes widened with delight.

"(He's not competing? Excellent! Without him and with Scourge on our side, Crystal Prep is sure to win!)"

Cinch did her best to hide a victorious smile and she then turned to Sonic.

"A shame to hear. Don't worry, young man. There'll be other chances." Cinch said with fake sympathy.

"But the Friendship Games only happen once every four years." Sonic brought up.

Cinch let out a small chuckle. "I know." She said smugly, making Sonic sigh and eyes once again hit the floor. Sunset put her hand on his shoulder and she gave Cinch a glare.

"Anyway, we should be on our way. Come along Twilight." Cinch said as she placed her arm around Twilight, who looked uncomfortable. They then exited the band room, leaving everyone else still trying to make sense of the whole situation.

After Principal Celestia had exited from the room, Sonic and the Rainbooms began to discuss what had just happened with Twilight as Sonic leaned against the door.

"Wow, that was crazy!!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"You're telling me. The poor dear seemed so terrified of you, Sonic." Rarity brought up.

"Man, now I feel even worse. I know the guys and I didn't look so good when we met her, but I really wanted to apologize." Sonic said as he now slumped against the door.

"She said 'he' told her all this stuff. Who's he?" Sunset said. "Where's she's getting all this information from?"

"Beats me, but I gotta go make it up to her." Sonic said as he started to reach for the door.

"Hold on, partner. I think maybe you should give her some space. She's already scared of you for some reason. If you keep coming up to her, she might get the wrong idea. Give her some time" AppleJacks suggested, making Sonic turn back, he folded his arms and grumbled.

"I really hate waiting for things to happen, but I'll make an exception this time." Sonic muttered. "I'm gonna go find the guys and tell them about his mess then." He added as he now opened the door and exited.

Sunset sighed discretely. Great, now she had three problems to deal with now. She was hoping Twilight from equestria would respond quickly....

In the gym, CHS had decided to throw a welcoming party for students of Crystal Prep. They had set up a green disco ball with balloons that were different shades of purple. There was even a banner to welcome them. Unfortunately, despite the decorations, students weren't really mingling. They were more or less minding their own business at the food and drinks. The tension between CHS and Crystal Prep was so thick one could cut it with a knife. In one section, Scourge was talking to Upper Crust, who was rolling her eyes at him while Jet Set was giving him a dirty look as he clenched his cup tightly. Scourge didn't notice or care.

"Listen, babe, if you were my queen, I could hook you up with this stuff called Anarchy Beryl. It's pretty, but not as pretty as you." Scourge said, making Upper Crust turn away from him in disgust while Jet Set held his cup so tight that it was crunched.

"It's not there anymore!" Scourge heard Sunsets' voice say and he turned around to see Sunset entering in with the Rainbooms. They all we were wearing different outfits, ones for a more formal occasion but Sunset's was the one that caught Scourge's eye. She looked awesome in it with her red blouse. Scourge whistled loudly.

"Score! I was hoping to see her again!" He said as he began to walk towards her, leaving Upper Crust who sighed in relief. Scourge didn't notice that Sunset and the Rainbooms were headed towards Twilight, who was following signals on her device, who didn't notice Scourge either. Before Scourge could reach Sunset, he saw Sonic entering with Knuckles, Manic, Silver, and Tails. Scourge cursed under his breath as he stopped in his tracks.

"Tch, not ready for Blue to see me like this. Last thing I need is for that wimp and his little pals to rub it my face. I'll have to blend in for now." Scourge said and he began to walk back, trying to avoid being seen.

"Yeah, there are a million ways in which we could have ended that situation." Manic commented after hearing about Sonic's encounter with Twilight. "I-"

Manic froze when he saw in front of him, the Rainbooms were busy quarreling with the ShadowBolts. Sonic and the others did as well. Both groups of girls noticed them and Sonic, Manic and Silver's eyes widened with panic while the ShadowBolts gave them astonished looks. They instantly recognized them.

"You three go here?!" Indigo Zap shouted.

"You know em too?" AppleJack asked.

"Crap...kinda hoping you'd forgotten about meeting us." Silver mumbled.

"How could we? Especially after you said I was the best fashion designer you ever met. Sunny Flare said as she came close to Silver, making him look away. Hearing this caused Rarity to quickly turn to Silver with a bewildered look.

"Best fashion designer? Silver, what does she mean?" Rarity asked, her voice beginning to sound annoyed. She folded her arms.

Silver looked to Rarity and realized just how much of an uncomfortable position he was in.

"Well, it's a long story, you see-" Silver said before Sunny cut off him.

"He loved all my designs! Said he's never seen anything like that. Sunny Flare gushed, making Silver rub his neck. Rarity looked on as she tapped her arms and she didn't look happy.

"I see. Et tu, Silver?" She said as she nodded her head up and down. She turned away from Silver

"Wait,wow. Hear me out. I had a good reason to say that.." Silver protested but Rarity pretended not to hear as she had her back turned. That last part Silver said made her form a sound of disgust and astonishment and she continued to ignore him. The others watched on, perplexed by the whole situation. Knuckles scratched his head.

"So, are you taking part in the Friendship Games? If you are, then that's cheating, seeing as you three possess super powers which the rest of us don't have." Sugarcoat said bluntly and quickly, making Sonic and the group blink at this.

"No, I'm banned.." Sonic said softly. Hearing this made Indigo Zap beam suddenly.

"Really?!" She said with delight. "That's awesome! Without you showing me up with your freaky powers, everyone will see how cool I am.Crystal Preps's sure to win!"

Sonic sighed out loud. He really wished people would stop being happy about him being banned. Rainbow Dash gave Indigo a glare and pointed to herself confidently.

"Don't be so sure of that! We don't need Sonic to win!" She declared, and she and Indigo began to stare each other down intensely.

On his left, Manic noticed Lemon Zest, who was rocking out to her music and didn't pay attention to her surroundings. Manic grinned and he approached her, trying to look as cool as possible. Manic tapped her on the shoulder and she took off her headphones.

"Oh, what's up?" She asked, making Manic chuckle a bit.

"Hey there, remember me?" Manic asked as he gave her a wink.

Lemon studied Manic for a while and she placed a finger on her chain.

"Nope, sorry." She said as she started to put her headphones back on, making Manic's face sink. That wasn't what he wanted to hear.

"Wait, are you serious? Remember my awesome drum solo?" Manic added, hoping it would jog her memory. She looked at him blankly. "My super-speed."

"Nah, doesn't a ring a bell. I only remember Sonic being fast, some black haired dude teleporting and the guy with the leaf hair flying ." She responded as she put her headphones on continued to dance to her music, making Manic look dejected as his shoulder sank. How could she have forgotten him, but not the others?

Twilight had managed to escape the confrontation between the Rainbooms and the ShadowBolts and she looked down at her device. Suddenly, she heard a voice call out to her, startling her.

"Hi!" Pinkie said from behind her, making her turn to her suddenly. Twilight saw her smiling face. "I'm Pinkie Pie."

"Oh, hello there. I'm Twilight." She found herself saying suddenly. She then remembered that this girl was associated with Sonic and she was a little on the defensive. Pinkie suddenly shook her hand, causing her to move up and down very rapidly. Twilight was a little dazed.

"Sorry about what happened earlier. We didn't really get a chance to talk. But now we can and then, we'll be besties like how I am with the other Twilight!" Pinkie said, her voice full of warmth.

Twilight looked at Pinkie and she couldn't explain it, but she for some odd reason, she felt quite comfortable around her. She didn't feel like Pinkie would try to do anything to upset her. Twilight eased up a bit as she regained her composure.

"What's that?" Pinkie asked, pointing to her device.

"Oh, this is..." Twilight started to explain, forgetting about Scourge's 'warnings'

Speaking of Scourge, Scourge was still trying to head towards the back, hoping he wouldn't be seen.

"So far so good." Scourge said. "I-"

"Well, well, if it isn't my lying, cheating, backstabbing, alternate self." Scourge heard Sonic say. Scourge seethed out loud and he turned around to see Sonic, who had his arms folded and was giving him a smug look.

"Oh, what's up, Blue? How've you been?" Scourge asked. "(Damn, he's probably going to start teasing me!)"

"I should ask you that. How's school been? Not too difficult, I hope. By the way, nice uniform." Sonic mocked, making Scourge grit his teeth. He wanted to rip that smug face off Sonic so badly, but without the collar, it would be useless.

"Keep talking big, Blue. I remember that you're the reason why I'm in that dump. When this collar gets off, you're gonna be sorry you ever crossed a king." Scourge threatened, making Sonic chuckle.

"Right. Anyway, I take it, you're here to be a cheerleader?" Sonic said in a condescending manner, not impressed by Scourge's threat. Scourge scowled heavily at him

"Hey, you know what, you can-" Scourge said before he and Sonic noticed that the gym had changed completely. The area had become darker and the disco ball was now active. The music and food had changed to become much more lively. Students began to socialize and they danced and chatted. The two of them heard a loud noise of confetti being shot and the area was sprinkled with confetti. Scourge looked around confused while Sonic just smiled.

"What the hecks goin' on?"

"Pinkie Pie."

After blowing the cannons, Twilight looked on, in awe by what Pinkie Pie had done. Now, this was actually a party. She turned to her.

"W-wow, this is amazing!" She praised.

"Thanks! But we need the guest of honor!" Pinkie declared before she dashed off suddenly, surprising Twilight. She then came back, holding Shadow's arm, who began to look around, not expecting Pinkie to be so far. Twilight let out a small gasp. He was the one who had threatened her for the emerald. But why was Pinkie with him? She had been so nice to her. It didn't add up. Despite Pinkie being there, Twilight was unsure about that, but she sure didn't want to be around Shadow. Twilight began to back away to avoid Shadow, who had an annoyed look on his face and didn't notice her leaving.

"Come on, Shady! Get this party started!" Pinkie said she bumped him with her rear.

Shadow just looked around the room and he was silent for a while. He saw all the students dancing and smiling.

"See ya."

He then disappeared in a blue flash, in broad daylight. Students stopped dancing and they gasped out loud at what they had witnessed. Sonic widened his eyes and grit his teeth. Scourge slightly laughed. Students became to murmur amongst each other. Why did that guy just teleport? The Rainbooms and the others, especially Sunset, looked mortified. Vice Principal Luna had asked her to be in charge of keeping away anything unusual from Crystal Prep. How could she cover this up?

"Looks like Stripes caused a commotion." Scourge said.

"Damn it, Shadow!" Sonic muttered.

Sonic ran away from Scourge and into the center of the gym.

"Everyone give a big hand to the Great and Powerful Trixie for her amazing magic trick!" Sonic said out loud, causing all eyes to fall on Trixie, who looked confused. People became to clap loudly while Trixie looked stumped and then she formed a smile. She was liking the attention. She began to bow. Sunset looked relieved. She owed a lot to Sonic. Sonic wiped a brow until he heard Scourge laughing. Sonic frowned.

"Got a hand it to ya, Blue, nice cover up. And you did it without making yourself look stupid for once." Scourge said before suddenly, he was put in a headlock by Sonic. Scourge squirmed but Sonic's grip was tight.

"Hey, what gives?!" He yelled.

"I can make you look stupid." Sonic said and he began to give Scourge a super-speedy noogie. Scourge winced and began to fumble around.

"Ow, hey, knock it off!!"

"Say uncle!"

"I'd rather bite off my own tongue!"

"Then you're going to be here for a while."

Twilight had managed to close her pendant after it had sapped the magic power from Pinkie Pie. She sighed loudly. She needed to get this pendant under control.

"Knock it off, Blue!"

Twilight turned around and she saw Sonic giving Scourge his noogie while Sonic grinned widely. Twilight put her hand to her mouth. Scourge was being bullied by Sonic again. She had to help him. Scourge had helped her out before and now it was her turn to repay him. Twilight felt a new feeling of confidence as she marched towards Sonic with an angry look. She had forgotten about the fear she had felt earlier.

"L-leave him alone!"She said loud enough for Sonic and Scourge to hear. Scourge gave a wicked smile while Sonic was surprised to see her again.

"(Jackpot)"

"Oh, you again. Sunset and the others said to leave you,but seeing as you're here..." Sonic said.

"I said, leave him alone!" She said with more confidence. Sonic was taken back and he let go of Scourge, who rubbed his head.

"Twi, I'm so glad you're here." Scourge said, faking a tone full of pain as he approached her. Sonic looked on, not sure what was happening.

"Wow, what's going on? Why are you with him?" Sonic asked.

"He's my friend!" Twilight declared, making Sonic's jaw drop. Scourge's friend.?!!!!

"Wow, back up? You're friends with him?! Listen, I don't know what he told you-" Sonic was saying but Twilight interrupted him.

"He told me enough! And now, I've seen it for real. Just leave the two of us alone, you-you jerk!" Twilight yelled, making Sonic shocked.

"I'm the jerk?!" Sonic said as if he didn't hear right. "You need to hear-

"Twi, let's go before he gets really mad." Scourge suggested, pretending to be afraid. "(Thanks for this, Blue.)"

Twilight took Scourge's arm and began to leave. Sonic started to go after them until he heard a loud screeching noise by the microphone which distracted him as he covered his ears. It was Principal Cinch, who had tapped him to get the students attention. When he uncovered them, he couldn't find the two of them at all. Principal Cinch began to speak, but Sonic didn't pay attention. He put his hand on his chin. He didn't like what he had just seen.

"(I don't know what Scourge is up to, but it isn't good. I gotta tell Sunset and the others.)" Sonic decided as he went off to find them.

Author's Note:

Talk about misunderstanding! Now that Scourge has Twilight believing his story, how will Sonic show her the truth? With the games starting soon, how will this effect everything? Thanks for reading, fav and review! Take care.