• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 3,029 Views, 34 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls: Friendship Games - SonicAKG



Sonic's pumped for the Friendship Games! But will it be what he expects?

  • ...
15
 34
 3,029

Scourge's Opportunity

Scourge's opportunity

Sonic still couldn't believe what Vice Principal Luna had just told him. Banned from the Friendship Games? Sonic's face broke out into one of panic.

"You're kidding right, VP? I've been waiting so long to take part in these games! You can't ban me! "Sonic protested.

"I'm sorry. Celestia and I thought a lot about it, but we decided that it would be best for the school. Sonic, your abilities give you an unfair advantage over the other students." Luna explained.

Sonic looked down on the ground. She was right there. He could probably win the Games by himself if he tried even.

"Wait." Knuckles suddenly chimed in. "I mean sure, Sonic has super-powers and all, but isn't there an alternative to not allowing him to compete?"

"Yeah, maybe he could hold back." Tails suggested.

"It's not fair if Sonic can't participate. He has the best school spirit of anyone here!" Rainbow Dash brought up.

"Vice Principal Luna, I understand your concern, but isn't banning him too harsh?" Sunset asked.

Luna sighed at all the arguments she heard.

"Celestia and I have already made our decision. We understand that it may not be the most popular one, but it's the best one we could think of. Sonic, I understand your disappointment, but you don't have to lose all your enthusiasm. You could channel all that energy into cheering on the CHS team." Luna offered.

Sonic wished she hadn't said that. It was bad enough that he couldn't take part, but reducing him to a cheerleader was even worse. Hearing that was like taking the entire salt and smearing it all over the wound roughly. Sonic placed his hands in his pockets and put his head down.

"Ok, if that's what you think is the best, then-then I guess I can't argue," Sonic said in a very crushed tone. He then turned to his friends. "Anyway, good luck getting ready for the games. I-I just need some time alone."

Sonic then slowly exited out the gym, still hanging his head. Now Sonic's mood was exactly like the students before the rally. Sunset and the others looked on, feeling sorry for their friend as they exchanged worried looks.

"Talk about a total bummer." Pinkie said outloud

In the CHS library, Sunset sat alone at a table with her bag taking an empty seat next to her. Sunset sighed as she emptied it out and took out her magic journal, the one she used to write to Princess Twilight. She opened it up and began to write:

"Twilight, it's been a while since you've responded. Pretty busy, huh? I write to you as maybe you could give me some tips. Our school's having a competition against another one and everyone wants me to keep magic under control. I've been here for so long and I still don't get how it works, with my friends ponying up and all. I don't want to disappoint everyone. Anyway, maybe you can't exactly help me with this one right now, so maybe I should start with a smaller problem. A friend of mine really wanted to be part of these games but he can't. He's absolutely devasted right now. I want to help him, but I don't know how I can make him feel better. Any suggestions there?"

Sonic walked through the halls of CHS, feeling pretty sorry for himself. It was still hard to swallow that he was banned from the games. And he was so pumped for it! Sonic let out a small sigh.

"Man, do I have the worst luck or what?" Sonic muttered under his breath

In the shiny halls of Crystal Prep, as students made their way to their various classes, Scourge was dragging himself through a crowd of them. He had his hands in his pockets as his head was down, like Sonic. Students mostly didn't pay him any attention or if they did, they gave him snobby looks. Scourge didn't notice or just didn't care at this point. He found himself next to crystal clear blue lockers and he slumped against them.

"(I used to be the king....the baddest of the bad. People would bow whenever they saw me walking out like this...now, I'm just a nobody.)" Scourge thought to himself.

It was true. Ever since he was forced to enroll at Crystal Prep, all the status he had before had vanished. People didn't give him any respect. They just ignored him or looked down at him. He couldn't use his powers because of this stupid collar on his neck. He was normal, like every other chump in this place. He even had to wear a uniform! Scourge sank and he sat on the ground, moping at his rotten luck.

"Man, do I have the worst luck or what?" Scourge muttered under his breath.

"Scourge.." He heard a female voice say.

Scourge looked up to see Dean Cadance standing over him as she placed her hands together. Scourge rolled his eyes, not hiding his displeasure at her presence.

"You again? Listen, lady, if you're asking me about how I've 'adjusted', I'll say it again. This place sucks!" Scourge said as he crossed his arms and turned away from her.

Cadance looked down at Scourge and she knelt down next to him.

"I know your experience hasn't been the best, but maybe it's because you haven't tried to make it enjoyable. Like for example, why don't you try making some friends?" Cadance responded.

Scourge let out a small laugh at her suggestion, puzzling her.

"A king doesn't have friends. He has pawns." Scourge darkly replied as looked down at his fist and clenched it tightly.

Cadance rose up from Scourge, troubled by his words as she looked at him with a worried expression.

"Regardless, Principal Cinch has asked me to come fetch you. She wants to speak to you." Cadance explained.

This news caused Scourge to raise an eyebrow.

"For what? I haven't done anything. I've been pretty quiet. Just another nobody in this place." Scourge bitterly said.

"I don't know either. But she said you should come immediately."

Scourge sighed and he rose up from the ground.

"Why not? It's not like I have anything better to do." Scourge decided. He then began to follow Dean Cadance.

Scourge followed Dean Cadance into a large dark room filled with cases holding various achievements by Crystal Prep such as trophies or awards. When he entered, he saw a young man with white skin and neatly combed blue hair with cyan stripes. He wore a purple uniform and he had a serious expression on his face. This was Shining Armor, Twilight's older brother. When he noticed Scourge enter the room after Cadance, he looked at him disapprovingly as he frowned. Scourge saw this and scowled as he looked into his direction.

"You got a problem?" Scourge growled, making Shining Armor give him a slight glare before he turned away.

The door closed behind them and Scourge noticed Twilight Sparkle in front of him. She turned around, surprised to see him. Scourge lowered his eyes. She was the one who had made the collar in the first place. It was her fault he was stuck in this dump. Scourge squinted at her, making her turn around slightly frightened to avoid eye contact. Suddenly, Principal Cinch turned around in her large chair to see the two of them. She placed her hands together, with a very serious expression. The only light in the room was on her.

"Good to see the both of you here." Cinch said. "Miss Sparkle, please step forward."

Twilight nervously approached Principal Cinch and sat down in the chair in front of her, still not sure why she was there. Scourge leaned against the wall. The two of them were talking loud enough for Scourge to hear. Something about Crystal Prep always winning something called the Friendship Games. Twilight being the best student, boring stuff.

"(Best student? Ugh, I want to gag. She probably called this goody-good just to praise her or something like that.)" Scourge thought. He was beginning to regret coming here.

Suddenly, he heard something that caught his attention. Canterlot High was going through a 'something'. A big word that started with an r. Their hopes were getting up or something like that.

"(Blue's school, eh? Hmmm, maybe I should listen more. I still need to get even with that wuss.)"

The conversation got even more interesting after that point. Cinch brought up something called the Everton program, which Twilight wanted to go to. Scourge heard Cinch mention something about using her influence to get her in...or not. Scourge's ears perked up. Was this blackmail he was hearing?

"(She's holding that nerd's application to her program hostage? Even I think that's messed up. But I can respect that. Serves Little Miss Perfect right anyway.)" Scourge thought again as he did a slightly smug smile.

Scourge then saw Twilight rise from the chair and she headed towards the door, looking unsure. She passed by Scourge, who looked at her smugly and looked away from him again. Twilight exited as she still looked conflicted.

"Mr. Scourge, a word with you?" Cinch called. Scourge turned to face her and he walked up and took the seat in front of her. He leaned back in it.

"I take it you heard most of my conversation with Miss Sparkle." Cinch started.

"Yeah, and honestly, I don't care. I don't see how any of it is my problem." Scourge responded.

"Well, it is. As I informed Miss Sparkle, Crystal Prep is expected to win these Friendship Games. In order to ensure our victory, you're going to compete."

"What if I say no?"

"Well, it's not like you have a choice now, is it?"

Scourge grit his teeth. She was right. This collar let someone like her talk to him, a king, this way. Scourge tried his best to remain calm, but it was a real struggle. Still, the idea of going to Canterlot High, where Sonic was, intrigued Scourge. Since Crystal Prep was going against CHS for these games, Scourge knew Sonic was going to take part. He couldn't resist anything exciting and these Games sounded like serious business.

"Whatever. It's not like I had any plans this week." Scourge agreed. Cinch smirked. "Besides, if we can humiliate Canterlot High, works for me. I owe someone there some payback."

"Excellent. With your talents, Canterlot will be reminded of their place. You are dismissed." Cinch said as she turned her chair around. Scourge rose and then headed for the door.

"(Lady, you just moved up big time on my list.)" Scourge thought before his hand touched the knob.

Scourge now walked the halls of Crystal Prep, going over the situation.

(I like the chance of getting revenge against Blue, but I don't like the way how. She's putting me in the same situation like that lame girl..)"

Scourge paused and he went over that last thought. 'Same position.' The two of them now had something in common. Scourge still needed the collar off and he began to think more. He thought about Twilight. Everytime Scourge saw her, she was usually alone, ignored by the other students, just like him. She mostly kept to herself, not really reaching out to anyone. She probably didn't have any friends.

"Let's see, socially awkward, an outcast and being blackmailed to take part in these Friendship Games. I can work with that." Scourge said with a malicious grin as he raised three fingers.

Back in her lab, Twilight was preparing her bag for the Friendship Games as she took her belongings in from around.

"It's not bad to be around other people." She remembered Cadance telling her, making her sigh loudly. Spike, her puppy, looked up at her with concern. Twilight gently patted him on the head to reassure him.

"Oh, it's nothing Spike. Just thinking about what Dean Cadance told me. I understand what she means, and I guess maybe she is right. I know I have you and all, but sometimes it gets a little lonely without another person to connect with. The problem is, I don't think anyone here is really interested in being friends with me anyway. Oh well." Twilight said with a slightly sad tone.

Twilight heard a knock at the door and she turned around.

"Who could that be?" Twilight said as she rose up. "Spike, you should hide in case it's Principal Cinch."

As Spike went underneath her desk, Twilight opened the door to find Scourge standing in front of her with a smile. Twilight looked a little uneasy. She was the reason why he had the collar on. She probably wasn't his favourite person.

"Hi there." Scourge said with fake kindness. "I don't think we've actually been introduced yet. I'm Scourge."

Scourge stuck his hand out for a handshake. Twilight looked taken back as she looked at the hand and then back at him, still smiling. Twilight was expecting Scourge to be angry with her,not asking her for a handshake. She was confused. She shook his hand reluctantly.

"Oh, I-I'm Twilight." She shyly said.

"Twilight, huh? That's a nice name." Scourge responded, making her more puzzled at why he was there.

"Listen, about your collar, I just wanted to say, sorry that you have to wear it. I-" Twilight began before Scourge cut her off.

"This old thing? Don't worry about it. I came here because I was worried about you. I overheard what Cinch said and I have to say, way past uncool." Scourge explained, making Twilight perk up.

"You-you were worried about me?" She slowly said.

"Sure was. Blackmail is never a good thing. So, you alright?" Scourge asked, faking his concern. He was a good actor.

"I-I'm fine actually. I don't let it get to me too much." Twilight quickly said, making Scourge give her a reassuring thumbs up.

"Good to hear. Listen Twilight, I'm kinda in the same boat as you, so if you ever need someone to talk to, just ask me." Scourge promised. "I gotta go get my bag for the Games. See you around."

Scourge then walked away from the door, leaving Twilight frozen as she watched him walk away. She was completely stumped. No student at Crystal Prep had ever come in to check in on her wellbeing or just come start a conversation. It was new to her.

"(He came here because he was worried about me?)" Twilight thought.

As Scourge walked away, Twilight didn't see the sinister grin he formed on his face.

"(I think I made a pretty good first impression. Man, is she dense! She was so shocked that she could barely talk. This is going to be too easy.)" He thought as he continued to walk down the hall to get his things.

Later, Scourge appeared out of the entrance of the school to see the students lining up on the bus to get to Crystal Prep with his bag. As usual, the student's didn't pay him any attention as he stood in line. Scourge looked up ahead and saw four students ahead. He groaned loudly. He hated waiting just as much as Sonic.

"Come on people, hurry up!" Scourge shouted, making the students give him dirty looks as they turned around. One of them was Sour Sweet, who gave him a sweet smile. Scourge's face sank when he saw her.

"Oh, no..." He muttered as he watched her approach him.

"Oh look, it's my little pet. You better behave yourself or otherwise, I'll have to discipline you!" She said. Scourge grinned.

"First, I'm no one's pet. Second, I would be a little nicer if I were you. You don't want to be on my bad side once this collar gets off." Scourge warned as he tugged the collar.

"As if that's happening. That collar is so much fun!." Sour Sweet replied, not intimidated.

"Keep talking, babe. You'll see."

Sour Sweet just turned away from him, still not threatened as she entered the bus. When she did, Scourge rose up and entered as well. Inside he saw the students sitting there, just minding their own business. Scourge frowned.

"Ahem! Attention all you schmucks! The king has arrived! How about some respect?" Scourge said out loud as he pointed to himself, making him the center of attention briefly. After, the students just went back to their usual business, not paying him any attention as they either chatted or looked out the window. Scourge's frown grew larger.

"Hey! Didn't you hear me? I said-" Scourge started before Indigo Zap interrupted him.

"Yeah, yeah, we know, you're a king, you conquered your planet, blah, blah, blah! No one cares! Now, sit down and shut up!" She yelled.

Scourge exhaled loudly at her statement. He began to move through the bus, grumbling. As he approached the back, he saw Twilight sitting between Sugarcoat and Lemon Zest, the latter who was rocking out to her music. Twilight looked down at her bag, which she had used to sneak Spike in. Scourge grinned and headed to the back. He came in between Twilight and Sugarcoat. Sugarcoat just moved away from him, closer to the window while Twilight looked up to him quickly.

"Oh! Scourge, right?" She said.

"The one and only. Hey, mind if I call you Twi? I mean, all your friends must call you that?" Scourge asked.

"I don't .....really have...many friends..." Twilight softly said as she looked down in her bag towards Spike with an unhappy expression. Scourge was trying his best not to laugh as he bit his lip. She was so pathetic! It was too much, but Scourge managed to hold his laugh in.

"What?! No way! Someone like you, no friends!? That's no good. Well, that's going to change. Starting from today, you and I are friends!" Scourge declared with fake surprise. "(How does Blue do this nice stuff?)"

Twilight was now lost for words and stared at Scourge. A friend? Scourge here had just offered to be her friend. She couldn't really believe it. No one at Crystal Prep had ever been this nice to her before. Twilight began to form a smile.

"Friends? You want to be my friend?" She said, still coming to terms with the idea.

"Of course, if that's ok with you."

Twilight was actually feeling happy for once at Crystal Prep. A friend! Someone she could actually relate to and make a connection with. Maybe Dean Cadance was right. The idea didn't sound too bad.

"I-I do!" Twilight said out loud and excitedly, making her the receiving end of many looks from Crystal Prep students. They looked at her strangely and Twilight became embarrassed as she looked away.

"Cool! Let's enjoy these games." Scourge told her with a wink.

Twilight nodded and she couldn't help but smile. Scourge leaned back into his chair and smiled too, but not for the same reasons as Twilight.

"(Perfect. Now that I've got her wrapped around my little finger, time to step up my game.)"

Author's Note:

Uh, oh, look's like Twilight's fallen for Scourge's tricks! Dean Cadence did say for her to make friends, but Scourge is not what she had in mind. What could he have planned for Twilight?