• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 923 Views, 12 Comments

The lost Empire - Q_The_Exile



My name is Alex Amunito, and I have a secret, I don't belong here. Armed with my whits, knowledge, and abilities, only one thing can be certain: This will definitely be an interesting.

  • ...
3
 12
 923

Chapter 7

Location: Everfree Forest, Some Where

Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and sweetie bell, the cutie mark crusaders, or CMC for short, were curently lost after trying to explore the forest.

"told you we should have not gone in," sweetie bell said as they continued to walk.

"But at the time it seemed like a good idea." Scootaloo replied back before glancing at Apple Bloom,"back me up Apple Bloom!"

"Guys it is getting realy late and you know we have to be back before dark," Apple Bloom replied, ignoring the other two for a moment as she climbed over a fallen tree.

Suddenly a long wail sounded through the trees, making all the girls heads focus in that direction.

"What was that?!" Sweetie bell asked nervously.

"Lets find out!" Scootaloo replied as they began walking towads the sound.

As they rounded a tree the three of them saw a set of train tracks and a slow 2-6-0 steam engine moving along the tracks with several flatcars.

"Come on! we can hitch a ride to the nearest station then ask for a ticket to Ponyville!" Apple Bloom replied as the three raced along side the train and climbed aboard one of the empty cars.

"So where do you think this train is going?" Sweetie belle asked as they relaxed on the bed of the car.

"I don't know but we're heading for a tunnel." Scootaloo replied as they saw an opening to a cave ahead.

"But there are no tunnels in either direction of ponyville!" sweetie belle exclaimed before they were engulfed in darkness.

The CMC road in darkness for several minutes as the train picked up speed before bursting out into sunlight. All around them was a lush, forested canyon like cave with a river deep below. as they rounded a bend they saw a large trestle below, and ahead of them with a second train on it.

As they made their way down the slope and onto the trestle they saw a bustling city in front of them with creatures from all walks of life, from dragons to penguins. All moving with a passion about them or a destination in mind.

"Wow, I never new a city could be so big." Apple bloom marveled as the train slowly pulled into a train yard , surrounded by buildings rising several stories into the sky.

"I think this city is larger than Canterlot." Scootaloo replied quietly as they continued to stair around.

"Hey! Who are you's!" A griffon, wearing a firestoker's uniform yelled as he walked up onto the car they were on.

"Sorry sir, we were lost in the forest and saw your train and thought we could hop a ride to the nearest station and head back to Ponyville," Sweetie bell answered to the fox.

"You three got names?" the griffon asked as he disconected the car from the rest of the train.

"I'm Scootaloo, She is sweetie bell, and that's Apple bloom. AND WE AR THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!!" Scootaloo replied as the other two joined in to the introduction.

"And my name is Benny, I'm the engineer for the exile railway." He introduced before climbing up onto the car and looking down at the fillies.

"Could you help us get home?" Sweetie Belle asked as Benny turned around and waved his hand over the side of the train.

"No, me and my partner Butch have to do our jobs unfortunately." He replied as the engine whistled twice before slowly pulling the train away from the decoupled cars.

"But, that doesn't mean that once we are done shunting the cars that we cant drop you off at the main yard office." He said with a smile as he turned back around and started climbing over the cars as the train rolled through junction and the CMC trying to keep up with him.

"Can we help?" Sweetie belle asked as she hopped to the car Benny was on.

Smileing at their enthusiasm, Benny tuned around and replied, "Sure."

"Yeay!


Archy was doing paperwork in pony form at his desk in the main office of the rail yard when he heard the door open. Looking up he say Benny and a griffon, Butch, walk in, followed by three small ponys.

"Benny, Butch. What are you doing in here? I thought you had a train?" Archy inquired enthusiastically to them before leaning over and looking at the small ponies behind them and smiling, "And who are these three?"

"Afternoon sir. We just came back after our last train and found these stow-away aboard after pulling in." Butch replied with a smile.

"They say that they were lost and from Ponyville and that they hoped to catch a train back. We would like your permission to take them back to town before resuming our duties." Benny asked politely while Archy looked at both of them and raised a silent eyebrow at them. After a moment he put down the paperwork he had and clasped his hooves together and rested his chin on his hooves.

"Benny, Butch, I'm sorry you can't take them back, your train is two important to repair the collapsed tunnel to Canterlot." Archy replied sadly and saw their faces drop at the statement.

"However, I will take them back." he replied as he saw the grins return for a moment, before frowns replaced them on the fillies.

"Does that mean we won't get to see Butch and Benny again?" Apple bloom asked sadly to Archy.

"Sir, may I have a word with you?" Benny asked and Archy got up and walked out of the office and talked to him for a minute before returning back inside, both with grins on their faces.

"We'll see, But for now follow me. Benny, Butch I want that train on time, Dismissed." Archy replied to them before leading the girls to an engine shed across the rail yard. Leading them behind the shed he pointed to odd looking tractor, it had wheels for the road but looked like a steam engine that had its wheels ripped off and placed on small tires.

"That is a Ct&C road locomotive. we use it to haul wagons short distances across the city. Climb in girls." Archy said as he climbed up and sat down in the engineer's seat.

With a push of the throttle the road locomotive lurched into motion, startling the three fillies, and making him laugh as he steered it towards the cave entrance.