• Published 4th Sep 2016
  • 413 Views, 5 Comments

To 'Protect' the Sun and Moon - General Tyrus



For one Royal Guard, protecting two Ponies is the only thing that matters to him, and whatever games they want him to play is just apart of the 'work'.

  • ...
 5
 413

Hide and Seek, Bath, and Snacks

Author's Note:

I've finally updated, this, and hopefully I can stay on top of it. I hope you enjoy reading this chapter and I do hope you will point out errors and give tips.

Oh, I'd recommend check out Old Man Ray, I plan on writing the next chapter soon, and plan on getting back to that story.

Have a nice day.

Mithral Edge was still asleep when Celestia and Luna had been taken by their mother to go play. When he did awake, he was faced with Thyra’s eyes, staring at him, a smile on her face. Flailing, startled by the sudden closeness, caused Edge to fall onto the floor.

Once he’d managed to sit up, he began stammering, “I- I… I di- it’s not what it might look like!” he was waving his hooves around in front of himself, maybe trying to keep her from possibly murdering him, but much to his surprise, she only giggled, lifting a hoof to her muzzle as she did.

Trotting forward, she patted his mane, “I came to thank you for watching them, and to let you know you’re now the personal guard of Celestia and Luna.” Thyra explained, causing Edge to look confused, but he nodded anyway.

Smiling, Thyra turned, trotting away, “They’ll be hungry when they get back from school, be sure to make them lunch.” she said, then paused, “And don’t let them have any cookies.” she added, leaving Edge there, confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edge was sitting in the Royal Kitchen, looking at a rather annoyed chef, “What do you mean, ‘kiddy meal’? We serve the King and Queen, we don’t serve ‘kiddy meals’.” the chef said, glaring at Edge, who only rubbed the back of his head, nervously grinning, “Well, can I at least look through the pantries, and make something myself?” He’d ask, the chef, who looked ready to bludgeon him, only sighed, “Fine, but don’t mess up my beautiful kitchen.”

Edge would begin to rummage through all the cabinets and drawers, looking for things to make a snack or something for the Sisters, but he couldn’t think of much. Maybe I could just make them a PB & J… He thought to himself, grabbing some break, wrapping his hoof around it, setting it onto the counter.

Looking into one of the seven fridges, he found a few jars of jelly, and stared at them, reading what kind of jelly they were.

Blueberry, strawberry, blackberry… Apple Jelly? Made for the Royal Family by the one and only Apple Family!... That’ll do.

Taking the jar, he’d set it on the counter, and go about finding peanut butter, which was relatively easy to find, and went about making a few sandwiches

I wonder if the girls would like it… Maybe I could go out to the music store, and show them what some good music is, I bet those orchestria ponies aren’t the best musicians ever…
One.

Thyra is somewhat nice to have as a boss… She’s pretty, giggles when I make small mistakes, nice flanks.... Wait…
Three

Why would I think about that?! She’s married! I can’t think of that!... Think about something else…
Seven

Princess Luna is adorable, though she has trouble with some words, which is surprising for a pony her age. Edge would scratch his head for a moment, looking at the plate. There were ten sandwiches. I think that’s enough…

He’d take the plate in his magic, smiling as he left, walking past a very annoyed chef, “You could at least clean up after yourself!” the chef yelled, shaking his hoof at Edge.

Edge walked through the hall, walking past guards who stood as still as they could, some of them would track Edge with their eyes, watching him for any form of ill intent.

Edge would eventually make it back to the bedroom of the Sisters, and head in, looking around. He knew they were here, their saddlebags were tossed onto the floor haphazardly, and they hadn’t been there when he woke up.

Setting the plate down on a dresser, Edge looked around, worried, “Girls? Are you okay?” He’d ask, thinking of defensive spells. Giggling, he could hear them giggling, then one shushed the other. Grinning, Edge removed his noisy armor, creeping around the room, “His and Seek? Ready or not… Here I come!” He’d yell, looking under the bed, only to see nothing but toys, “Oh…”

-------------------------------------

Edge had nearly destroyed the bedroom, the drawers were pulled out and strewn across the floor, the bed sheets were flung about, hanging off furniture, lamps were also knocked over, nothing was spared he wraith.

He could hear the Sisters laughing now, which annoyed him to no end. Sighing, he sat back, and stared at the plate of sandwiches, which were probably dry now, which wouldn’t taste very good, and then he thought about something, an idea.

“Celestia, Luna~! I have cookies for you!” He’d say in a sing-song voice. He could hear them gasp, and a vent in the corner of the room burst open, and to dusty little fillies crawled out, rushing over, “You has cookie!?” Luna asked, standing on her hindlegs, placing her hooves against Edge’s chest.

Celestia trotted around the room, leaving dust tracks on the floor as she looked around, “There’s no cookies!” she exclaimed, looking at Edge, puffing out his bottom lip, making it waver once, her bright pink eyes, staring at him.

Edge could feel Luna waver against him, “No cookie…” She’d mumble, sniffling, looking down.

Edge shuddered, suddenly feeling terrible, and scooped up Luna, booping her snoot with his, making her giggle, “There are cookies! We just have to get cleaned up first!” He’d say, Luna looking excited, “Bathy! Get mi’ther Fluffybutt!” She shouted, jumping from Edge’s grasp, going to gather her dolls. Celestia didn’t look as excited, “I want cookies first…” She’d pout.

Edge would go over to her, and ruffle her dirt filled mane, “If you get in the bath, you and your sister will get even more cookies.” Celestia gasped, rushing away to the bathroom, Luna following quickly. Edge smiled, feeling happy with his new work, and followed after them, knowing that this would be an interesting bath.

-----------------------------------------

Edge had somehow ended up in the bath too, which with surprisingly big, enough to fit at least four more ponies comfortably, seven if you wanted to be intimate with each other. Luna was playing with her dolls as Edge washed her hair with his hooves, using his magic to play dolly with Luna. Celestia was playing with a Solar and Lunar guard, putting them into rather strange positions.

Luna giggled loudly as he splashed the water on her with his hooves, making Edge smile warmly, “You splahhed me!” she exclaimed, splashing him make, making Edge laugh, “I did!” He said, booping her nose, making her scrunch it up, grinning.

Celestia ‘swam’ over, poking Edge in the rib, getting his attention, “Can you… Wash my mane? It looks fun when you do it.” She’d ask, rubbing her foreleg. Edge leaned down, kissing her forehead, just below the horn, causing her to laugh lightly, “Of course I’ll wash your mane, would you like me to braid it?” He asked, to which Celestia gasped, and nodded vigorously.

“Me too!” Luna yelled, pressing her hooves into his chest. Edge laughed louder, nodding to them, “Alright then, I’ll braid both of your’s hair.” He’d say, going about washing Celestia’s mane first.

----------------------------------------

Edge had dried them off, and braided their hair, and was admiring his work. Celestia’s mane was nice, with all her hair braided back, and up into a bun, with two or three braids sticking out of the bun. She thought it looked businesspony.

Luna’s mane was more like that of old Nordic Ponies. Her hair on the sides of her head were braids and connected behind her head, and held down the rest of her mane, so it wouldn’t get into her eyes. She looked mystified when she saw it.

Edge grinned as they both hugged him tightly, wrapping them up in a hug of his own, nuzzling the both of them.

“Now, we must go get the cookies.” Edge said, instantly getting their attention.

“Girls, we must be sneaky, we must rescue the cookies and store them safely in our stomachs.” He explained, though became worried when Luna looked stressed, “You okay Luna?” He’d ask, to which she shook her head, “I have to potty.” She said, to which Celestia rushed her to the restroom, leaving the dumbfounded Edge there, “Huh…”

Once that was said and done, they made their way through the castle, ‘sneaking’ past guards, most of which couldn’t help but smile, the little fillies adorable and making faces at them, Luna occasionally saying, “We are, the snekky snakes!”

They turned a corner, and saw the Chefs storage room, Celestia and Luna squealing loudly with excitement, the mission about to be underway.

Slowly crawling forward, Celestia and Luna nestled on his back, Edge made it to the door, only for the chef to come out, and stare at them, then just look ahead and continue walking, acting like he’d seen nothing.

“I thoug’ we was caughted.” Luna said, looking around, hoof against her forehead, scoping out the area. Edge chuckled, going into the room, Luna and Celestia hopping off his back to help look for the treasure, “We’ll save the cookies!” Luna shouted, rummaging through the pantries, tossing things out and onto the floor, causing a great deal of noise.

Celestia was using her magic to open cabinets and pull things out, looking for the precious treasure they would seek. Edge used his magic to scan cabinets instead of dumping their contents, which made the process faster.

“I found ‘em!” Luna screamed, pulling out a large bag of cookies, holding them tightly to her chest, giggling happily. Edge smiled, using his magic to rip the bag open, and poured the cookies out onto a plate.

“This is our rightful reward.” Edge would say, Luna and Celestia beginning to dig into the cookies, Edge joining them in the feast.

Eventually they were too full and tired to move, and fell asleep in the kitchen, Luna and Celestia curled up in Edge’s forelegs, snoring lightly as they all slept.

--------------------------------------

Edge felt someone nudge him, and groaned, trying to sleep. He was nudged again, this time a little harder, and waved a hoof at them, “No… Five more minutes mom…” He mumbled.

He could hear them giggle, and then speak, “I’m sure it would be some fun to play your mommy Edge, but I have responsibilities to do.” Thyra spoke softly, causing Edge to jolt awake, and look around.

This wasn’t the kitchen, it was the bedroom, and it was clean. Luna was in laying on his barrel, snoring lightly, and Celestia was next to him, holding his mane in her hooves, a small bit of it was braided.

Thyra smiled, “I love seeing them like this Mithral Edge, I enjoy seeing how they act with you, though I am a little tiffed that you gave them cookies, but I suppose I’ll let it slip since you cleaned them, and braided their hair. I must say, I love the braids too, I wouldn’t mind you braiding my mane if you’d like to.” She’d say, winking at him.

Edge stammer, unsure of what to say, “Oh I... I uh…” Then he did something very stupid, “I can run a mean bubble bath.” I’m so dead.

Thyra’s eyes widened, surprised at such a forward remark, “Well then, I suppose I’ll have to take you up on that offer, maybe some day soon.” She’d say, turning, “You should get some rest Edge, you’ll need it.” She’d say, flicking her tail at him, and left the room, leaving him there in the dark, dumbfounded.

“I think I’m gonna have a heart attack…” He muttered quietly.