• Published 26th Jun 2012
  • 1,058 Views, 2 Comments

Life and Future - AshuraZXexianGlitch



Twilight's life has been threatened and it's up to one pony to keep her safe.

  • ...
4
 2
 1,058

Meeting Twilight Sparkle

Section 1

Meeting Twilight Sparkle

My name is Ashura ZXexian Glitch. I'm an artist and a writer, and I am finally done with my training for the guard and now I am being sent to Ponyville to watch over the Princess's student Twilight. Her life has been threatened and she refuses to leave her friends to take up protection in the royal castle. I signed up for this assignment as soon as it surfaced. I wanted to prove myself as a guard, plus the peace and quiet of the small town would be a big relief from the yelling I got from all my commanders and drill sergeants in Basic Training. Becoming a royal guard isn't an easy thing to do. It feels good to be out; I even had the honor of meeting Shining Armor, which coincidentally is Twilight Sparkles brother.

He had come to me face to face to warn me if anything happened to his Twilight I would wish I was dead. I told him everything was handled and nothing bad would happen to Twilight in my care. He believed me, which I am happy for. The guy for the being the captain of the royal guards he is a huge softy for his sister, I could see that clear as day in his eyes. When I arrived in Ponyville I knew what to expect, I had been to this town many times. Mostly Rarity, she made dresses for my sisters and me being the lovely brother I was, I tagged along. Although I had no choice in the matter, my sisters had always dragged me to place to place when I was little. Rarity had tried many times to set me up with a few duds. I did once in a while but I wasn't one for sitting still for too long.

I took the train this time instead of being flown over by the other Pegasus Guards. I didn't want to make them work just to get me to my destination. I asked if it would be alright and it was luckily. It took a tad longer for me to get there, but not so much then flying here. When I arrived like I said I knew what to expect, small town, and a small number of ponies. I always wanted to live here because it was so small. But I knew about Pinkie Pie, her and Twilight were waiting for me at the train station. Pinkie broke out into song and welcomed me again. This would be the fourth time this month she has welcomed me to Ponyville. Confetti was blown and her song ended, I gave her a slight smile.

"Welcome to Ponyville." Twilight said happily.

"Thank you Miss, Sparkle." I said politely as I bowed my head.

"That's so silly, why do you bow your head. Oh I did that once and I accidently bumped my head. Not hard or anything but it hurt. I did that in cake one time, big face full of cake it was so good. Oh have you ever bumped your head, you get a funny feeling after words. I giggle from the funny feeling after the pain goes away. Pain is so not a good thing at all, sometimes you can get hurt so bad it's just horrible. Now I want cake!" Pinkie said bouncing from one thing to another about bumping your head and then eating cake.

"Just ignore her." Twilight said with a sigh.

"It's no problem Miss, Sparkle. I've met Pinkie Pie before; I know how she can get." I said as Pinkie Pie was still talking.

"I suppose we should head to the library. Spike is away with Fluttershy in Hoovesdale. So it will just be us until he gets back, you can help me with my studies." Twilight said with a smile. Once we were at the Library Twilight had shown me where I would sleep and so on. After all the showing around her library we had eaten supper and had a chance to get to know one another.

"So, what are your hobbies?" Twilight asked me when we in the middle of eating.

"Oh, uh well I draw, paint, and write." I said after I swallowed the bit of food I had in my mouth.

"You’re a writer?" Twilight said happily.

"Yeah I suppose." I said taking another bite.

"I wonder if I've read any of your books." Twilight said with smile before she took a bite.

"I haven't had a book published; there isn't a book in my name anywhere except in my head and on my papers." I said finishing off my food.

"Have you finished a book?" Twilight asked as she finished her food as well.

"Sort of, it's complicated. If anything I can never finish a true story." I said with a frown.

"Why would that be?" Twilight asked.

"Like I said, it's complicated. Secrets I suppose you could say, ones that can never be told. Secrets that die with the individual that created it in the first place. A burden placed on one’s soul that is forever doomed to know the secret." I said with a smirk. Answering every question but not at the same time.

"I don't get it." Twilight said confused.

"I know.” I said giving her a smile. I was starting to get desperate about changing the subject. The less she knew about me, the better. “You should probably be studying right?"

"Oh right. Oh I hope I won't fall behind." Twilight said scrambling now to get to studying. I followed her into her normal study area. Owlicious was sitting in his normal spot sleeping. Twilight started reading, probably a book she had read many times before. I made myself comfortable in a corner. Lying on the ground, watching Twilight making sure she was safe. So far everything was fine; nothing seemed to be threatening her life. If anything there was no threat and Twilight wasn't in danger at all.

The sky was black now, and everything was still. My eyes were closed helping me focus on the sounds all around us. So far the only sounds I could hear were the shuffling of the papers of Twilight's books, the slight snoring of Owlicious and the slight breeze outside. The only thing else I was focusing on was my magic studies. Like Twilight's library I had a library inside of my head. A world of my own placed lightly inside of my head.

"I honestly can't tell if you're asleep or if you're awake." I opened my eyes and I could see Twilight staring at me. "Okay that was kind of creepy."

"Being black and red, others get that a lot from me. My eyes have been known to make others stop in with precaution. Are you getting tired?" I asked her closing my eyes again.

"Yeah I'm all caught up in my reading." She said with a yawn.

"I shall escort you to bed, and from there you will be alone, for obvious reasons. You know where I am, need anything I will perform my duty to serve you Miss. For now I am your assistant and your protector." I said with utter professionalism.

"Okay, but you don't have to be so formal with me... Actually I don't think I even caught your name." Twilight said with a look of embarrassment.

"My name is Ashura ZXexian Glitch. I suppose for now you could call me Ash, for short." I said bowing my head.

"You have a really odd name." Twilight said with a chuckle.

"I know." I said chuckling as well. Nothing had happened at all during the night. Which was good, it was a peaceful night and I was able to get a full amount of sleep. It was good to get some actual rest. When I woke up, it was still a little early. So I took the time to get use to the place. Was simple place, no one could hide easily in here, but it still could be done. Once I was done scoping out the library I made myself some breakfast, and made some extra for Twilight. I knew she would be awake soon, she was close to her schedule. She was easy to predict, which was good and bad at the same time. When she came down I had been occupying myself with her books. Mostly organizing them; I looked at her and her mane was still a mess. I stopped myself from laughing; I gave her a smile and greeted her, "Good morning Twilight."

"You’re up early." She said with a yawn.

"Use to it, trained to stay awake with little sleep. To be truthful, that was the most sleep I had gotten in a very long time.” I said putting a book into place. I took some books off the shelves and looked at her. “Food is ready for you in the kitchen; I will stay here and clean up.”

"Clean up, it was clean last night." Twilight said with a chuckle before she walked into the kitchen.

"Your organization doesn't make sense what so ever." I said as I moved a book to the floor. I had made a big pile of books. The books were all jumbled up, the order of them made no sense at all. It had been driving me mad once I noticed it. Every book was set up as if a child had organized them.

"Spike isn't the best at organizing, and most things are jumbled up completely, Pinkie usually is the one that can find things in this mess. I don't know how she does it but she's good at finding missing things." Twilight said as she sat next to me and started to organize with me.

"Is this part of your schedule?" I asked, placing a fantastic book I read a very long time ago in the romance section. Never would have guessed Twilight would be into J.R. Ward.

"Not at this time no, but I can't let the little things bother me. It's not every day you have your life threatened." She said with a chuckle.

"Never would have guessed you liked J.R. Ward. She's one of my favorite authors." I said giving her a little smirk.

"Oh, well they were good books. At least for a vampire book; Vampires are such a fascinating topic I will say that, but it's completely fictional." Twilight said as we neared the end of shelving the books.

"Well, I don't know about fiction, behind all myth is truth. You never know what could be out there; it is a big place we live in after all. Equestria could be something small to a much bigger thing." With that, we were done with the books.

"So you believe there is something more out there then what we know?" Twilight asked.

"Oh yes, well possibly. Or maybe I'm just completely mad, deranged even. But it doesn't hurt to keep an opened mind about the world around us." I said as I looked at Twilight. She had a smile, such a cute little smile. I shook my head to knock myself back to reality.

"I don't think your mad Ash. But I suppose anything is possible." Twilight said with a laugh.

"Twilight get down!" I pushed Twilight down as throwing knives burst through the windows and stabbed into the books where Twilight was standing.

"Ouch." Twilight muttered.

"Damn and I thought it would be that easy." I heard a female's voice say. In the window I saw a white pony with a long red mane.

"Synith, I know you. You’re wanted for treason against Celestia." I stood my ground, not knowing what she would do. At this point the only thing that was important was to keep Twilight safe.

"Oh treason, I was just having a bit of fun." She disappeared from the window.

“Twilight, stay close to me.” She moved as close as she could to me. Well this was a shit storm; I was sure just the same as me that she thought the threat was a joke. Synith being here proved she was in danger.

"Run!" I yelled as Synith crashed through the floors above us. Twilight ran upstairs to her bedroom, that was a stupid move, she would be trapped up there. But if I had anything to do with it, Synith would be stopped here. She flexed out her wings and gave me a sly smile.

"Out of my way." She said throwing knives at me. I dogged the blade and charged at her. She was quick I'll give her that, she started running up to Twilight's bedroom.

"You’re not getting anywhere near Twilight." I grabbed her tail and pulled her away from the stairs.

"Ouch that hurts." She said kicking me in the face. I didn't let go, I pulled her closer and forced her to the ground. Lucky for me she was fast, not strong.

"Why are you after Twilight?" I asked her, she struggled to get away but I was stronger than her.

"Oh boy-O, I'm not after her." She said calming down.

"Then why are you trying to kill her?" She gave me a smirk.

"I was paid too, now get off!" A bolt of pain went through my whole body. She had stabbed me in the chest. She took the chance I had given her and ran to Twilight's bedroom. I ran as fast as I could after her. I was just behind her as she opened the door and fell to the ground. Twilight had been waiting by the door with a bat and smacked Synith over the head knocking her out.

"Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod, I can't believe I just did that." Twilight said in a panic.

"I'm glad you did." I said checking if Synith was breathing. She was which was good in my book.

"Oh Celestia, you’re bleeding!" Twilight said running up to me. I held her off.

"I'm fine; I'm more worried about you. You alright?" She took a step back from me.

"Yeah, just a little shaken." She said looking at Synith's unconscious body. Later we got my wound patched up and Synith tied down. After a while she woke up and was looking around with a daze. She probably had a headache thanks to Twilight hitting her in the head.

"Who sent you?" I asked when she looked at me.

"Don't know." She said with calm dazed eyes.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I glared at her.

"Never met the guy, got half payment in a letter and I was promised more if I killed Twilight Sparkle." She said looking at me. I looked into her eyes, I sighed in frustration. She was telling the truth.

"Well you’re useless." I said as I started to pace.

"That's a mean thing to say Ash." Twilight said.

"Sorry, don't mean to be disrespectful. But your life is in true danger, someone wants you dead. Most of the guards except for Shining Armor thought it was a sick joke. Well Synith proves someone wants you dead." Now I was stressing. I was one of the guards who thought this was a joke. I have met Twilight before and I couldn't see anyone wanting her dead.

"I wonder why someone sent me to kill her; I mean why do they want her dead? She seems so nice." Synith said giving Twilight a smile.

"I was hoping you would know." I said.

"What we going to do with Synith?" Twilight asked.

"We take her back to the royal castle and you Twilight are going to stay under the protection of the castle as well." I said as I started packing things up.

"Alright, that sounds best." Twilight said. Later we had walked to the train station. Twilight had her bags and I had my things, Synith was walking behind us with a robe laced around her neck. I didn't trust her, even though she said she'd come willingly.

"Sorry, stations closed." A big brown pony said to Twilight when she got to the entrance.

"But why?" Twilight asked.

"Train has broken down. Repairs could take a month, there is a lot of damage." The pony said.

"Alright, thank you." We had no way to get to the castle. The train was our only way, and since Spike was gone we couldn't send a letter to the princess. We were stuck in Ponyville.

"So what do we do now?" Synith said as we walked back to Twilight's library.

"First off, we put you in a place where you can't hurt anyone. Then we make the Library as safe as we can. If you don't report back to receive payment then the person who hired you will send others after Twilight." I said pulling on the rope around Synith's neck.

"Easy there boy-o. Yeah would be kind of hard to fake her death too. Who hired me, wants her horn as proof." Synith said.

"Her horn, why her horn?" I asked feeling confused, didn’t make sense to me.

"Yeah why my horn?" Twilight asked as well.

"How should I know?" Synith said blowing her mane out of her eyes.

"I think it would just serve as proof, they couldn't use your horn's magic for long. But that doesn't solve the question why they want you dead." I said, I was trying to solve this problem without any clues. I was cleaver if I do say so myself, but I couldn't tell the future.

"Oh look at you, your acting like such a detective." Synith said as she grabbed onto me.

"Hey cut that out. Hey let go of me." I said trying to push her off of me.

"You’re cute, strong, and smart. Oh I could just kiss you." Synith said, I pushed her way from me.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked once we got inside the library.

"Home sweet home and I don't even feel safe anymore." Twilight said with a sigh.

"Don't worry Twilight I won't let anything happen to you." I said it to her to make her feel better. But honestly I didn't know if I could protect her. I was doubting myself now more than ever. We were stuck in Ponyville. No way of contacting the Castle, Synith was a prisoner, and for all I knew the whole town could be in danger. I was stressing but trying to keep my cool. Twilight was trying to act as if it was any other day. Twilight did all of her chores with me nearby helping as well. Synith even started to help. Later she went shopping, that wasn't fun at all. Synith and I were arguing the whole time about the rope around her neck. Twilight was short with us and yelled at us to shut up.

"Jeez, the two of you are arguing like siblings." Twilight said in frustration, I felt insulted. My sister didn’t even act like this. We certainly didn’t argue about stupid crap like this. Okay, well maybe we did, but that’s not the point.

"We are not!" Both of us yelled at the same time. Synith looked at me and smiled. God she was irritating.

"Oh that was so cool!" Synith cooed as she hugged me. I like to have my personal space, and she was disrupting that.

"You need to get the hell off of me!" I yelled pushing her away from me.

"Oh you two look so cute together." Twilight said with a chuckle.

"Wait what, no! Synith get off of me!" I pushed her away making her fall to the ground.

"Ouch that really hurt Ashura." Synith said getting to her hooves. After that Twilight had headed to the Spa. That place I would rather have not entered, but I had no choice. Twilight and Synith were enjoying themselves. This time I had to let her go, Twilight dragged her away while I sat nearby.

"Oh this feels so good." Twilight sighed as they sat in the hot tube.

"I will agree with you on that sister." Synith said with a sigh as well.

"I'm watching you Synith, you got that, one move and you’re done for." I warned her.

"Calm down Ash, we are just having a little calm down. Besides Synith doesn't seem so bad, right?" Twilight asked giving her a smile. Synith smiled back, and then she gave me a wink. I glared at her, she was up to something.

"So relaxing." Synith said laying back.

"Oh yeah." Twilight sighed.

"Ugh, the two of you are making me sick." I said making a gagging motion. The two of them laughed. Enemies and they were acting like they were friends. "You two are hitting it off."

"Yeah, no kidding, If I met her before now I wouldn't have even attempted to kill her." Synith said flapping her wings with a smile.

"It's great to have met you too." Twilight said with a smile.

"Synith, you have killed before, you are a killer. Do you honestly think I trust a word you say?" I said with a sigh.

"No I suppose you wouldn't trust me handsome." She said giving me a smile that unnerved me.

"I'd rather not break the law to see you gone Synith, so stop with the seductive act." I said with seriousness.

"The law, what law? What you going to kill me?" Synith asked, she actually look worried.

"Not that law. Just drop the act, or you will be taken care of. I’m not a babysitter." I got up and walked into the other room. It was stupid to do, but I needed to get away, the stress of everything was starting to get to me. I knew I was being harsh, but she was a killer. I couldn’t trust her, not even for a second.

"Ashura get in here!" Synith yelled. I sighed and walked in the room to see an Earth pony wrestling with Synith. I burst into the room as quick as I could when Synith yelled, “Ashura, get the hell in here, now!”

"What the hell is going on?" I saw Synith fighting for control over another pony. He had a knife in his mouth, desperately lashing to cut Synith. The two of them went under the water for a second, making water splash onto the hardwood floor.

"This guy attacked Twilight out of nowhere." Synith said before the two fell under the water. I ran over to Twilight, she was huddled in the corner, holding a bleeding cut. Synith and the other pony went under the water again. Synith gasped for breath as she said, “Who is this guy, geez?”

"My name is Murder, and I'm good at it too." The earth pony said before they went under the water again. He was trying to drown Synith. Murder broke free of her hold and came rushing for Twilight and myself. Synith had gone under the water one for time, but she still had a hold on the guy.

"You’re not killing Twilight." She said punching the guy in the face with her front hooves.

"Get off of me!" Murder yelled kicking Synith away. The two fell out of the hot tube and crashed to the floor. Synith’s hold was broken, giving Murder freedom of himself. He was able to get on his hooves and ran towards Twilight.

"You will have to get through me." I said blocking his path. I tried to side step him, but he was lucky and countered my movement. He tried slashing me at me; luckily I was able to dodge his attack in time.

"That I can do, cut your skin and your blood will flow. Deliciousness, I will sever your limbs." The guy said with the blades handle in his mouth. He had a huge, creepy ass grin on his face.

"Back off." Synith said jumping onto Murder's back.

"This is so unfair, Two against one." He mumbled while Synith pinned him.

"Twilight, are you alright?" I asked her. She was shaking; blood was soaking her coat and was dripping onto the floor. I went over to her; she tried to move away from me, she pushed herself more into the wall, trying to get away from any threat. She was in shock. Murder screamed, throwing Synith off of him he threw his blade toward Twilight. I had no choice but to get in its way. He was good at it, I’d give him that. It was thrown strong and with great accuracy. The blade had dug into my shoulder going down towards my rib cage. I gasped out in pain. Synith pulled herself up, but not in time to catch Murder as he ran out of the room.

"Synith wait!" I yelled, stopping her from running after him. I pulled the knife from my body and held the wound. This was a serious shit storm.

"We have to catch him." Synith said flapping her wings in frustration.

"No we have to get Twilight help. She has lost a lot of blood; if you really have changed then you will help me help her." I said looking at Twilight, whom was now unconscious, which would have explained why she didn't respond. We carried her to the hospital. Once we were there the nurses were freaking out about my bleeding. They tried pulling me into a room, but I wasn't having it. I wanted to make sure Twilight had help first. Once she was in good care I was set in a room with a doctor stitching up my cut.

"You’re lucky, that blade was close to piercing your heart." The doctor said before he cut the thread and started to wrap a bandage around the stitching. “Adrenaline is probably how he was able to throw it so hard. Probably how you were able to get here conscious.”

"Even if the blade pierced my heart, I still would have lived." I said probably full of myself. To be honest I didn't feel the pain at all, I was too worried about Twilight to notice.

“If you truly believe that son, then I can’t say anything about it.” The doc said with a chuckle.

"Quit acting tough." Synith said with a huff.

"Bandage is a little tight there doc." I said when he finished tying it off.

"It’s supposed to be tight son." The doc said with a smile. He called me son through this whole fiasco. It was sort of irritating, but it was also refreshing. Made me feel much younger then I truly was, at least emotionally.

"Oh I'm so glad you’re alright." Synith said hugging me. Her hug was irritating the stitching and blood was starting to show through the bandage. I lightly pushed her off of me and showed her the bandage.

"Quit it, we need to check on Twilight." I said walking over to the door. Synith followed close behind.

"Ah, Mr. Glitch shouldn't you rest?" The doctor asked as I opened the door.

"Nope, Twilight's safety is more important." I said as I closed the door behind me. I walked to Twilight's room with Synith right behind me. I didn't know if I could really trust Synith, but she did risk her life to protect Twilight. I’ll keep an eye on her, but I think there is more to that mare. We both walked into the room to see Twilight awake and well. She was sitting in bed looking down at her front hooves. "Twilight, are you okay?"

"Of course she's alright, she's all patched up and no bleeding." Synith ran over to Twilight and gave her a hug that wasn't returned. Synith’s ears batted down on her head. She was a bit of a child, but it kind of fit her.

"I'm not talking about physically well, blood can be replaced and cuts will heal. But her mental state could be in shock. Wouldn't surprise me at all, I can guarantee nothing had ever threatened her life like this. Today Murder stunned her with reality of her actually dying." I said going over to Twilight. Her stare was fixated at her front hooves. I looked at her eyes, and they were dull, showing little life. Yeah, she was defiantly in shock.

"What do we do?" Synith asked softly.

"Nothing we can do. Her friends might be able to help. They should be here soon enough." I said making myself comfortable in the corner.

“I feel so bad." Synith said sitting next to me.

"I don't get you." I said with a sigh.

"What?" Synith asked looking at me. I closed my eyes and tried to clear my mind.

"Why did you risk your own life to protect someone you tried to kill earlier?" I asked looking at her, a stare can be powerful. Eyes hold a great amount of the person who bears them. Not many can read what is hidden behind the doors, mostly because the eyes are a mirror of the soul, not a door. She was giving me a look of confusion. Her expression from confusion had changed to sadness.

"I don't know." Synith said, I tried to look at her eyes, but she was looking away from me.

"You’re alone aren't you?" I asked giving up on looking in her eyes. It’s natural, the things we hide. We look away from each other to hide the secrets. But there is no hiding; you will always know what has happened. You cannot hide them from yourself; the complication of life is the mind.

"Yeah I'm alone." Synith said looking at me with tears in her eyes. "My family has been dead for a while now. I'm all alone."

"That's not what I meant. You have no one to call a friend do you." Wasn't much of a question, was more of a stated fact.

“…No I don't, I don't have any friends." Synith said looking away from me ashamed.

"Well I would guess you have a friend now. Twilight had forgiven what you did, she wanted to be friends. Trust me; she can see much more of you. Twilight knows a great deal about friendship, has studied it ever since she made her friends in Ponyville. She sees the good in you, and you just have to let go of your past." I said closing my eyes trying to clear my mind. I took in a few breaths and calmed myself.

"How can I let my past go? My father trained me to be a killer, and that’s all I know how to do. I never wanted to do any of it; I never wanted to hurt anyone. But I did any way; I found my special talent to be perfect for murder. What can a killer do in the normal world?" She asked looking at me; her eyes were puffy and moist as tears fell to the floor.

"Don't be blind you idiot." I scolded her; she looked at me with disbelief. Sitting there crying, feeling sorry for herself. "If you feel sorry for yourself and don't do anything, nothing will get better. Stop crying and start thinking clearly!"

"I hate you!" She yelled before getting up and running out. After Synith had left, Twilight's friends had burst into the room worried about her. Luckily her friends were just enough to snap her back to her old self. She was smiling and laughing again as all four of her friends was around her. It was good to see Twilight happy and safe.

"Sorry ladies, but the visiting time is over." One of the nurses said to Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash.

"Bye Darling." Rarity said as she left.

"Bye, bye." Pinkie said as she bounced away.

“See y’all later." Applejack said as she left.

"Catch yah on the flip side." Rainbow said as she flew away.

"Bye girls." Twilight said with a smile.

"I'm glad to see you fine and well." I said once the room was empty besides Twilight and I.

"Oh, yeah I suppose." Twilight said quietly. "Where did Synith go?"

"My guess would have to be crying somewhere near by." I said starting to feel bad again. Take my advice; be a little easier with others. Not everyone will see what you see, be patient and be thoughtful.

"Why would she be crying?" Twilight asked looking out the window.

"Because of me." I said feeling like an idiot.

"No, it's because of me." Synith said as she entered the room.

"Synith, are you okay?" Twilight asked worried about her. If it wasn’t for her cuts, she probably would have gone to Synith and hugged her. But she was ordered to stay in bed.

"I'm fine." She said sniffling.

"So what did you decide?" I asked her getting to my hooves.

"I have decided to change. I don't want to be like my family and kill." Synith said with a smile, tears were still in her eyes. But I think they were different type of tears this time.

"Good, that is really good Synith." I said with a smile.

"Yeah, that's great." Twilight agreed, Synith went over to Twilight. The two embraced in a quick hug.

"Thanks." She said looking at me, and then back at Twilight. “Thank you for being my first two friends.”

"If you help protect Twilight, you will be forgiven for what you did at the castle. You will be free to do what you want. Sound like a deal?" I asked offering her a friendly smile.

"Deal." She said with a chuckle and a big smile.

Author's Note:

I'm merging some of the chapters together to lower down on the count of them. If I continue with what I'm doing, I'll break twenty chapters. It's just easier to do it this way haha.