• Published 29th Aug 2016
  • 706 Views, 17 Comments

Trouble With Dating - TheAnimerican



Trouble Shoes wants to ask out the mare of his dreams, but with his luck he will need all the help he can get.

  • ...
0
 17
 706

Here Comes Trouble

***The Apple Family Barn***

Early the next day, the Cutie Mark Crusaders have Trouble Shoes meet in the barn. In the barn, there is a table set up with a candle lit in the center. Apple Bloom sits on a stool, wearing a hat similar to Applejack's on one side. On the other, Trouble Shoes sits between Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

"Why do I have to pretend to be Applejack?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Because you are her sister. You are the closest thing for Trouble Shoes to practice." Scootaloo answered.

"Listen girls, I do appreciate what y'all are tryin' to do here, but are y'all sure about this?"

"Of course Trouble Shoes. You want to win Applejack's heart don't you? Practice makes perfect." Sweetie Belle replies.

"Now what Rainbow Dash told me, was that you should not put yourself underneath somepony else's hooves. You have to be confident about yourself. Otherwise, you will keep worrying that you are not good enough for her." Scootaloo advised.

"But she's a rodeo champion and I'm a clown!" Trouble Shoes protested.

"You see? With that kind of attitude, you will never win her heart. She might be a great rodeo champion, but she is still a mare."

"Wow Scootaloo, that was actually a good lesson to teach." Apple Bloom complimented.

Scootaloo blushes at the compliment, "Hehe. Thanks. At first, I didn't understand what Rainbow Dash meant. I understood after seeing Trouble Shoes ask out your sister. I thought it was very brave of him and he asked with so much confidence."

Trouble Shoes dips his hat to try to cover his muzzle, but the little fillies were still able to see redness on his face.

"Rarity provided good advice too. She told me that you need to treat your special somepony like a princess. Remember that Applejack is like any other mare, but just about every girl likes to be treat like a princess." Sweetie Belle advised.

"And my sister deserves to be treated like one." Apple Bloom exclaimed.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle look at Apple Bloom with a unamused look. As true as that statement may be, they were clearly telling Apple Bloom not to put pressure on Trouble Shoes. Apple Bloom returns their reaction with a small smile that said she was sorry.

"Okay. Now here is the scene, you are on your first date with Applejack at a restaurant. Play it out like what you might do on an actual date. Apple Bloom, try to act out your sister as best you can." Scootaloo directed.

Apple Bloom gave a wink, "Got it!"

"Date starts...now!" Sweetie Belle announced.

Despite the announcement, neither side of the table has said anything. Then, they waited...and waited...and waited. Although it was probably only a few minutes that passed, it will feel like forever on a actual date.

"Aww come on!" Sweetie Belle's signature line, "Why aren't you two talking? Apple Bloom, I am sure Applejack would say at least one word. Trouble Shoes, is this how you want your date to be?"

"I'm sorry, but...I don't know what to say." said Trouble Shoes and an apologetic expression.

"How? I told ya a lot of things about my big sis yesterday."

Trouble Shoes gives a deep sigh. "Ugh, what was I thinkin'? I ask her out and I can't even act out a play. I didn't think she was gonna say 'yes.'"

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo comfort Trouble Shoes by giving him a group hug. "Don't sell yourself short Trouble Shoes," says Sweetie Bell, "Applejack wouldn't have accepted you if she didn't like you."

"Yeah. You are thinking too much on it. Just remember to be confident. The way you are talking to us right now, try talking to Applejack the same way." Scootaloo suggested.

Trouble Shoes thought it over, but soon his face was covered with confidence. "Alright."

"Great! Date with Applejack, take 2!" Sweetie Belle announced.

After the announcement, there was still a moment of awkward silence. Sweetie Belle and Scootalo were looking at each other with annoyance, but then they heard a sound break the silence.

"Uh...you look very nice tonight." Trouble Shoes complimented.

"Thank you Trouble Shoes. Ya look nice too."

"That's good Trouble Shoes! Keep it up!" Scootaloo cheered.

Trouble Shoes gave a smile and the look of appreciation to all three fillies. He then continued practicing with Apple Bloom.

***Few Hours Later***

"Whew. Girls, can we take a break. I don't think I can go on another date." said Apple Bloom.

"I thought Trouble Shoes was really sweet to Applejack the entire time. Although, there might have been a accident or two with the waiters and waitresses. Besides all that, I think he is ready for the date." Sweetie Belle said. "But there is one thing left to do."

At first, Trouble Shoes looked at Sweetie Belle with confusion. It was soon changed to worry as he sees Sweetie Belle with a make-up kit, fabric, and sewing equipment. "Just a few changes. You will need to look good for your date tonight. Girls, can you lend me a hoof or two?"

***Date Time***

"I gotta say Sweetie Belle, ya might not be good with fabric, but ya sure know how to groom a pony." Apple Bloom complimented.

"Well thanks to you, he has a fitting suit. The available suits Rarity had at the boutique were too small, but with your help we were able to adjust it to a proper size for him." Sweetie Belle complimented.

Trouble Shoes stands tall in front of the fillies in his newly made suit. Plus, his hair is well groomed and shaved off any facial hair that he had. "This has to be the nicest suit I ever had...This is the only suit I ever had."

"You look great! Now, you just need to pick up your date." said Sweeite Belle.

Yes, picking up his date. A night that Trouble Shoes both looked forward to and dreaded. "Uh...umm...I think I really do have a fever. I am sick to my stomach and it is really hot in here."

"You're just nervous." Scootaloo stated. "You came all the way to Ponyville for her and you practiced all morning for her. You are ready. Right girls?"

"Yeah!" Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle cheered.

Trouble Shoes gave a small smile, "Thanks. You three are somethin' else." He brought the girls in for a group hug. After letting them go, he walked out the barn and went towards the front door of the Apple Family House.

***Apple Family House***

Trouble Shoes takes a deep breath and it about to knock on the door. However, his vision is interrupted by a floating bouquet of flowers. He looks around and sees three fillies hiding in the bushes. One of them being a unicorn with her horn surrounded by a light green aura. He gives a smile and then grabs the bouquet. As quickly as he had the courage to knock on the door, he just as quickly got nervous after hearing hoofsteps heading to the door. His mind began to race. Like a new actor, starring their first role, he is forgetting what he planned to say to Applejack. When the door opens, he closes his eyes and shoves the bouquet of flowers in the muzzle of the pony. "These are for you!" He yelled in panic.

"Oh these are nice flowers sonny." What he heard was not Applejack, but an older country voice. He peeks by opening one eye and sees that it wasn't Applejack, but it was Granny Smith. He can hear the small fillies giggling in the background at this major mistake.

"Oh-uh-you see-I-well-they're-" Trouble Shoes juggling with his words.

"Oh hey Trouble Shoes! Those are nice flowers." Now that sounded like the voice he wanted to hear. Although she was still out of sight, he knew it was Applejack somewhere inside the house.

"So...them flowers ain't for me?" Granny Smith asked.

Not wanting to be rude, Trouble Shoes replies, "Umm...of course they are. Apple Bloom told me that ya liked flowers."

"Ah well, that's awfully nice of ya sonny. I will put these in a vase." Granny Smith takes the flowers and heads back into the house.

Applejack soon fills in the spot where Granny Smith was. Trouble Shoes was left speechless at the sight of her. First of all, he never thought he would see her without her mane band. Instead, her mane runs straight with a curl at the end. Also, she was wearing a green dress with some apple décor. Applejack takes notice that Trouble Shoes was staring, "Sorry, is this too much? Apple Bloom insisted that I wear somethin' nice."

Remember, treat her like a princess, Trouble Shoes thought to himself. "Ya...ya look beautiful..."

It was obvious that the compliment caught Applejack completely off guard. Her face blushed red and she could not keep eye contact with him. "Umm...thank you...Ya look...handsome."

In a way, Trouble Shoes felt like she evened the score. Both ponies were blushing and were not sure what to say after that.

"By the way, were them flowers suppose to be for me?" Applejack asked.

Trouble Shoes replied by giving an awkward smile and blushes.

"Hehehe. I thought so. That was really sweet of ya. Sorry about Granny."

"Um...no. No trouble at all. Are ya...ready to go?"

"Mhm." Applejack stepped out and closed the door behind her. She and Trouble Shoes walked side by side as they left the ranch. While they were walking, three fillies secretly followed behind them.