• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 632 Views, 5 Comments

The Twilight connection - Midnight Starwriter



This connection between you and Twilight Sparkle and trying to get to the bottom of it all.

  • ...
 5
 632

Night Mare

Still feeling like crap, I head for my bed. Knowing that I have this horn on my forehead and my only guess about this is that crystal that I left on my forehead. Somehow it turns into this horn, and it changed colors to a dark blue color. What am I going to do now with this horn on my head? I can't hind the damn thing, but I haven't really try to use it yet. This did give me the idea to try it out.

So I sit on my bed and try to see if I can use magic like the unicorns from their world. I place a plushie of Fluttershy, and I try to see if anything could happen to it. I watched it slowly starts to float, but the amount of energy that I was putting in is starting to give me a killer headache.

So I just stop and let it go for now because I still feel weak. I'll try this again later I guess. I move towards and just crash into my bed and laid there. Feeling everything that is going in circles, and slowly moving faster by the minute. All I can do is keep my eyes closed, and hope that I don't puke. I can feel it slowly stopping. Then everything goes black for the moment; then I open my eyes. Only to see that I'm surrounded by snow, and it was dark, yet I could only see the moonlight shining in the cold darkness. Shadows are the only things moving around in a place like this; the winds have been blowing to get the bare trees to move.

Finally, I see another light in the darkness. A green light is glowing from afar, inviting me to come closer to it. So I walk towards it while looking around along the way. Because you never know in dreams like this, they can always be unpredictable at times. As I made my way towards the light, I've noticed that it took on a form of a pony. I took a step back as I was close enough to see the figure. Then I hear her voice, and it was familiar to me for some reason. Like I've heard it before, but I have no recollection of this voice.

"Come with me... I've been waiting for you... For a long time..."
She said.

She turned around and started trot away from me. I followed her to an old house that I used to live in it before. From what I recall this place was haunted by a little girl who has been coming to my room and played with my things at night. As for now, my thoughts went back to the front door that now I'm facing, and then I opened it. Once I got inside of my old home, and I saw her or that little girl heading down the hallways towards my old room. As I followed suit after her, and I made my way towards my old room's door in the house. There I was just standing there looking at it, wondering what lie inside of my old room. I know that I've been following her to this place other times in my dream before, but for what, I will not know, till now. So I open it just to have a look in there, and I saw her sitting on my bed staring at me. I could barely tell how she looks like besides an outline of her silhouette.

"What is it that you want, and just who are you!?"
I ask the shadow as I took one step into the room. The door closed on it own behind me.

She tills her head and smiles. Then she raised a hoof up and points at me. "Who am I...? Why? I am you, the real you..."
She says while smiling at me.

"No, no, no...! That's impossible to be true!"
As I cross my arms and stand firmly looking at her.

She stops for a moment and then lights up the room with her magic. As the room lights up, I can see who is sitting before me. It was her my OC, and she is happy to see me.

"It's like I said before, I am you. Let me explain why you think that it's impossible. I know that you are a human, to begin with, in life but that is not true. The reason is that I became you but forgot who I was." She sighed then continues. "It all started when I was in the lab of Twilight's home. I was helping her with the mirror that leads to some other world. She told me that it would show you an alternate version of yourself that is destined to happen. I couldn't help but look into it, and that's when I notice that I was in a human form, and I was a male in the mirror. After seeing that, I don't know what to make of it." As she places her hoof on her chin and then looked away from me then back.

"Twilight did show me a way to this world on the other side of the mirror. We did decide to go through the mirror to test a theory to see if I would change into that form. Once we got through it, I was still in a female form of this mirror world. Me and Twilight were both in shock at the fact that I was in a male form shown by the mirror. Twilight was standing next to me, and she was just as confused as me. We both move back to our world try to get to the bottom of this. Both of us started to research and using spells that we found that should take me to you. But I screwed up one of the spells and send me to your world reborn as you. The one thing I remember before I left my world was Twilight reaching out to me and telling me. 'That she'll be doing everything that she can to get me back home safe.' After that everything went black... I was transformed or reborn in a new form in a world that I don't even get to know about yet. I was beginning to lose my memories of who I was. Once that started, I did the one thing to keep most of it by using our subconscious mind to hide until the right time to gain it back."
As she looks down, then back up.

"Wait, wait, wait a minute. That still doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, I did enter your world and just come back from it. Now that I'm here in this dream world trying to understand why this is happening to me. Here I am talking to you... Or arguing with myself, somehow." I quickly placed my hand on my face and wiping it. "Anyways I'm just lost with all of this... From what I understand here is that I am you, but I don't remember who I was after being reborn or transformed. It sounds to me that you probably died and reincarnated into me. Tell me Midnight, if this is true then how come I don't pick up any memories of that life?" As I have my hands out in front of me.

"Anon, you already have started way before you found this fandom or any of this about my world. The only memories you did get is by dreams and visions of our past."

I just stood there thinking what to say next. "The one part that I went through is just part of the past. That one felt way too real to be just like that if anything. I know this place is a dream and going there is like a dream come true. But.. But... This whole thing just blows my mind." As I scratch my head.

"I know this is a dream to you, but I'm being real to you about this matter. Just look into your heart and know that we are one in the same... Twilight has been a part of this, and she is doing this to save us. Because she is our mother in Equestria... You see, you were not born as a human but turn into one and was adopted. The parents we had, did what they could to raise us. Have you ever wonder about why you don't feel part of the family. Or the times you ask your mother if you were adopted. Don't you recall at least something out of what I've been talking you about?"

"What do mean I was adopted..? I know that they love me like family but hearing you telling me that. Only confirms that I felt out of place this whole time and they have been lying to me about my past. What that only leaves me is that my parents are not my true parents and my real mother and father haven't done much to get me back. So where does that leaves me? Am I truly doomed to be like this..?"
I was starting to tear up but held back tears.

Midnight looked down and sighed. "No... The only reason why Twilight has been taking so long is that she doesn't want to fall into the same path that I took. So she did what she had to do, and that is finding another way. She did find a way to get a message across to us since I ended up here. Remember the wish you made of that shooting star it was her trying to find a way back to you." I remain silent as she continues. "You know after the events in Twilight's home after looking into the mirror. I try to calm myself down by playing some buckball just to take my mind off of what I had seen. That's when I got hit in the head, and I thought I was human for the day. I know the name that you have is something I use long ago as a joke, but to make the story short. After leaving the hospital leaving and going back to that mirror to use that spell just to take me to you. I ended up using the wrong spell, but luckily there is one nice thing about magic. The thing is that this spell will undo its self over a long period of time as a failsafe. Now the time has come for you to awaken as your true self."

"Ok. So I'm going to end up turning into a pony?" She nods as I processed with what I was talking about. "How could this be possible if we're different from each other. I mean I don't believe in magic or anything else of that topic. I only see that I'm a human being and you're a pony. This idea you are feeding me doesn't add up to me. I would have to go with the fact that I went to Equestria in your body, and it felt way too real. Also, I made you up so I can be part of the fandom that I like so much. This shouldn't be happening, but it is. This is way too crazy to be real, and only a dream can make this to happen..."

"Anon I know what you just said is somewhat hurtful to hear, but I understand. So typical me worry about the little things and denying, what doesn't go with logic." She looks down with a frustrated expression on her. "Anon... I-I just wanted to let you know that we are fated to go back to Equestria... I know that it still doesn't make any sense at first, but once you see in your heart, then it does. I know it will be strange at first but familiar. All I have to say is that I've been quite far too long, but I saw it all. Other than that, you need to stop denying what is about to happen. The spell is about to be over, and I'm afraid that the effects will change to who we were once before we became human."

I just stood there taking in what she is saying. Then for some reason, an idea pops in, and I had to ask her a few questions.

"So then let me ask you this?" I ask her as she nods her head. "If this is really going to happen to me? How come I didn't even thought of you in the first place?"

She looks to the left then back to me. "Well, how I could put it to you this way. You did but forgot, when you're young. Then again I am in a dream as well, just arguing with myself. You know how much that made me sound like I'm crazy here, right?"
As she held her hoof in front of her.

I stood there and then reply. "You know what I'm just going to call this bullshit and wake up." Midnight just sits there thinking what to say next. "Well if you do that you'll just wake up wondering why you turn into a pony, Anon. Once you do wake up from this dream, you'll see yourself in the mirror. And I didn't explain to you about anything..." She just looks away and takes a deep breath then looks back to Anon. "You'll see yourself as a pony, and no longer as a human, but you'll remember everything before the transformation..." As her eyes began giving away tears. After hearing that the voice she'd had was being to sound like mines, but still in a higher pitch.

Anon takes a step back and then look towards the mirror in the room he was in. Once he did that, it only left him in shock to realize that he did become her but he was still in his clothes. Then he looks towards the bed where the pony in question was sitting at. She was gone, and then he quickly looks for her but nowhere to be found in the room. Suddenly he hears her voice.

"Don't you worry Anon, this is going to happen because we have been stuck in this world for far too long. Just keep in mind we have to get back to Equestria. For that part, I do not know yet, but we will find the way..."

Just like that, the room went black and then the feeling of falling begins. Finally the sense of hitting the ground happen.

...

Waking up to the feeling of hitting the ground wrapped up in, blankets. I woke up and found myself on the floor of my room. I started to look around and notice something is different about the room. Everything seems to be a little bit bigger. I tried to get up, but I couldn't, it was like I was off balance, and I was on all fours for some reason. Just by looking to one of my hands and realizing that they are no longer hands but of hooves. This only made my Monday worst then it was before.

"Noo...!" I yield.

Then I decided to just lay there for the time being trying wake up from this nightmare.

Author's Note:

I'm