• Published 3rd Aug 2018
  • 1,010 Views, 18 Comments

Endeavors of the Enigmatic and Eccentric - Ice Star



A short anthology of Luna & Sombra stories.

  • ...
8
 18
 1,010

More Sugar [Silly]

Author's Note:

More Sugar

Luna hates coffee. Sombra tries to remedy this, and fails.

I have noticed there's a lack of Sombra POV in here compared to Luna's, so here's something quick, short, and sweet.

"Luna," I said firmly, "this is absolutely unacceptable."

Two turquoise found me, and a pouty, confused frown emerged on her muzzle. "Whatever could be wrong? Am I not doing this right?"

I tug at the hem of my cloak and raise an eyebrow, steadily training my gaze on her. "Must that really be asked?"

Luna's gaze falls to the empty containers covering my table, and the confused light of her eyes only deepened. "I fear that the answer is yes, because I do not see how making coffee the coffee you gave me suit my tastes is anything other than what you wanted."

"I told you to add some creamer, and we would see if that could help you."

Luna blinks. "Is that not what I did?"

My eye twitches, and I point a forehoof towards everything around her, all eighteen containers already on the ground, and the twelve all over the table. "What in Tartarus' name is this supposed to be, then?"

"Oh, Sombra," she says, smiling slightly, "this is all the creamer I added!"

Her magic flickers as she finishes emptying the container she currently clutched in her aura, and then she withdraws a new one from her saddlebags and opens it. The milky liquid pours right into one of my enchanted mugs, because I can feel the residual unseen crackle in the air where Luna had activated the pocket-space I had inlaid in each.

After all, that creamer had to be going somewhere.

"Luna," I said again, this time a bit more sternly, "have you even tried drinking it yet?"

Without looking up, she answers, "Yes, a few dozen creamers ago I most certainly did."

I sighed. "How did it taste?"

"Far too bitter, which is why I continue to distill the foul substance."

"Alright. Luna, stop it."

Concern sparking in her eyes, Luna's magic snaps the creamer shut and she finally sets it down and looks at me. "Som, I'm sorry. Was something wrong?"

Technically, no. And there's no reason not to be honest with her. "No, but you should try the coffee now."

Luna looks skeptical, but shrugs and scoops up the mug with another whirl of her magic and takes one long sip while I watch stoically.

Her muzzle wrinkles.

"What's wrong with it this time?" I ask.

"I think," Luna says carefully, "that perhaps I should not have neglected to add sugar."