• Published 3rd Nov 2020
  • 198 Views, 0 Comments

Family is Love - TwilightAppleDash



It's been 6 years since Appleade left the roost. Ponyville has never been so subdued. Both the parents, AJ and RD and the child, Appleade Dash, blame themselves for the argument.

  • ...
 0
 198

An unhappy Birthday

There was a subdued feeling in Ponyville as the day they had all been dreading had finally come. All shops were shut, all parks empty, the sorrow felt by all.

However sad these villagers might have been, it didn't compare to the extent felt by one particular family, and two particular mares.

Rainbow Dash sat motionless on the cold hard floor, utterly absorbed in the photos before her. They were old family photos, the kind all tight-kit families, of herself, her partner and a brightly smiling filly. She sniffled, and brushed her eyes, trying to accept the harsh realities. I'm so sorry, A.D," she whispered in the silence. "I should have stopped you."

"T'wasn't yer fault, sugarcube," a voice replied from behind Dash. Applejack walked up to her and wrapped her front hooves around Dash's heaving chest. "We were all ta blame fer what happened."

"But if I hadn't yelled at her, she might still be here," Dash whimpered, resting her face in A.J's coat. "Especially for today."

"We both said stuff we regret now, Ah regret telling her ta leave."

Dash closed her eyes, "I can still hear the argument," she whispered, and Applejack tightened her embrace. "She told us she hated us and wished we weren't her parents, and ...I...I said..."

"Sssh darling," Applejack interjected. "Don't focus on that, it was spur-of-the-moment."

"I t-told her..that...she w-was...a f-f-freak, an...ab-aberration," Rainbow choked out, tears falling faster. "I t-told her, sh-she...w-wasn't meant t-to be..born. What k-kind of s-stupid, horrible mother w-would s-say that, to her own d-d-daughter?"

"Dashie, we were both at our wits end with her, chances are if'n yeh hadn't said it, ah mighta," A.J replied, tears of her own flowing.

"It's b-been six whole y-years sine we l-last saw her!" Dash was overcome by sobbing and Applejack stroked her hair slowly.

They sat like that for a few moments, A.J comforting her grieving partner, and fighting off her own emotions. Hold on, she told herself. Soon, you'll be able to hit the orchards.

Eventually Dashie cried herself out, and exhausted by the raw emotion, fell asleep in Jackie's hooves, leaving A.J to carry her up to their room. She tucked Dash into bed, then sat down on the blanket.

Today was a day neither of them wanted to see. Today was the 10th birthday of little Appleade Dash, their estranged daughter, the day she officially became an adult mare. However, she had broken contact with them when she walked out of their door six years ago.

I shouldn't have told her to leave, A.J told herself, smacking her forehead. Hell, I miss her so damn much!

Her grief became too much to bear, and kissing Dash gently, she galloped out of the ban and down to the orchards.

Her brother was stacking crates of apples, ready to be used for that years cider store, when he heard hoovesteps run past him. Looking up, he saw Applejack disappear into the apple trees, followed by the sound of her strong hooves hitting rough bark.

Applebucking again, He shook his head sadly. She'll hurt herself, at this rate. He would've said something to her, but he knew the deep hurt she was trying to relieve, it wasn't his place to interfere.

His own heart heavy, Big Macintosh stacked the last crate and stood by the orchard, keeping a protective eye on her.

Author's Note:

Heya Everypony!!!
It's been a long LONG time since I released a new story.

Due to the hype with Slumbering Worries, and to a lesser degree Party Blues, I have released a third sequel.

As always follow me, I follow you, feedback is appreciated and so are favorites.

Peace out! S.A.T