• Published 17th Aug 2016
  • 399 Views, 1 Comments

CMC's versus the Truancy Pony - Glen Gorewood



What happens when the cutie mark crusaders decide to skip school in favor of searching for their cutie marks in Truancy, Rebellion, and general Mischief?

  • ...
 1
 399

Truancy

Ponyville: Carousel Boutique


The sun shone through the window of Carousal Boutique, it's delicate rays moving slowly through the perfectly bound and styled pink curtains and down the spotless white walls beneath the antique window frame. As they continued their journey they inevitably spread out like a warm blanket over the sleeping form of a young unicorn, her white grey coat and two toned pink and purple that curled like a pelt from a wild animal. The light touched upon her face as if asking her to awaken and enjoy the day, a delicate warmth few could resist. However this young filly was perfectly capable of resisting, grabbing the closest pillow and covering her head with a light .

"Five more minutes" a voice seemed to whisper out from beneath the fashionably designed pillow.. The sun's rays continued to spread across a bed made of fine material and custom pillows alongside little teddies, and a room that looked to designed and color coded for the filly that was resisting it's efforts to wake.

As the light reached further into the room a voice from beyond the closed door sounded.
"Sweetie Belle wake up", followed a turning of the door knob and moving of the door. As the door was opened full there stood a white unicorn mare with a purple mane perfectly brushed and styled, with a set of diamonds on her flank. Her eyes focused in on the filly still trying in vain to fight off the sun's morning light, and with a smile she walks over and sits by her bed. Reaching out a hoof to gently prod the little filly awake she says "Sweetie Belle darling, you're going to be late for school."

Like magic the pillow moves to the side and a very startled filly springs up out of the bed wide awake, but with a mess of a mane.

"What? Rarity why didn't you tell me, oh no Applebloom and Scootaloo will be upset if I keep them too long!" with a blur of motion the white and pink unicorn filly flies out of bed and into the shower. Quickly cleaning herself off and forgoing her usual routine for a faster one, though still spending just the right amount of time on her mane and tail to make them look presentable. Racing to the sink she nearly sets a world record for brushing her teeth before checking once in the vanity to ensure she looks alright. In the mirror looking back at her is her face but with a less than perfectly coifed mane, slightly wild and in curly waves instead of a perfectly styled do.

"I don't have time, gotta go this will have to do" the filly mumbles to herself as she rushes out of the bathroom and runs downstairs, grabbing her saddlebags. Standing at the door is her sister Rarity holding a lunch box.

"Sweetie Belle, don't forget this and remember to eat the vegetables." She manages to get out before the filly runs by grabbing the lunch box and shouting back.

"Thank you sis, love you gotta go bye" while nearly flying out the door.

Waiting outside are two other fillies, one a yellow coated and red maned earth pony with a bow. The other is a orange Pegasus with purple hair styled in a sporty cut, her wings slightly small for her age. Sweetie Belle slows down and skids to a stop in front of them, panting and out of breathe. "AppleBloom, Scootaloo you're still here, thank goodness I thought I was late" she says in a relieved voice.

The two other fillies smile at her, the orange and purple pegasus Scootaloo smirks. "Of course we waited for you Sweetie Belle, we would never leave you behind. If one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders is late, we all are."

The yellow and red earth pony agrees "That's right, by the way Sweetie Belle have ya done something with your mane and tail?"

The white and pink filly sighs and shifts her hooves on the ground "Well actually, the truth is I didn't have time to style it properly this morning since I slept in."

Her friends share a knowing smile, "Let me guess, yesterday's Cutie Mark Crusaders Evening Painters adventure wore ya out?" Applebloom says in a knowing tone.

Sweetie Belle nods ears folded in shame "Yes and Rarity wouldn't let me go to sleep until I got all the paint out of my coat, she asked how I was able to paint the entire inside of my ears too. I think she's scared of what would of happened if we used non water based paints."

Scootaloo meanwhile has been walking around her friend eying her up and looking at her new mane style "You know" she says mischievously "You kind of look like a rebel right now, a really cool and awesome rebel filly like in the comic books Spike reads. The kind that doesn't listen to rules and skips school and.."

Then her eyes light up, as if an idea has sprung into existence, grabbing her scooter she strikes a dramatic pose hoof to her hip smiling and says "Let's be Cutie Mark Crusaders Rebels today!"

Applebloom looks at her in shock while Sweetie Belle says "But we have school today, and how would we be rebels anyway?".

Scootaloo rides her scooter around her friends smiling, a goofy grin on her face "Well rebels don't go to school, they do other cool things instead."

Applebloom raises and eyebrow intrigued "Like what?"

As Sweetie Belle just stares imagining what kind of things you do when you don't have school.

Scootaloo smiles "Whatever they want, they could eat ice cream and cakes, play games, fight crime, cause mischief, anything at all." She pauses a great idea setting into her mind "I bet they have the most awesome cutie marks, imagine it a cutie mark for being a rebel."

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle think it over then grin back "Well we havn't tried this before, so why not" says Applebloom.

Sweetie Belle grins wider "Well I do have a rebel look today and we are late anyway so what's the harm?"

The three fillies group up before shouting "Cutie Mark Crusaders Truancy Rebels Yay!". Dashing off down the road leaving Carousel Boutique behind the three fillies prepare for a day of fun, adventure, games, and no school. Or at least that is what they think.



Ponyville Schoolhouse :Miss Cheerilee's Class
Miss Cheerilee goes down the class roster calling out names to check attendance. "Diamond tiara?" Here says the rather spoiled filly in the back of the class, "Silver Spoon" here says the grey filly with silver hair and glasses next to Diamond Tiara. "Applebloom?" she asks, only to be greeted with silence. Thinking it is just a fluke she carries on "Scootaloo?" more silence, well the next filly is always here so what are the chances that "Sweetie Belle?" silence. Miss Cheerilee looks up and casts her eyes over to the area of the room where the three little fillies who call themselves the CMC normally sit. All three seats are empty, no saddlebags, no lunch boxes, in fact they look exactly like they did when she closed the school yesterday. Frowning she walks over to a phone by the back of the room, picks up the speaker, and presses a button with a pair of hoof cuffs on it.
A dial tone sounds as she waits for the call to go through, when it does she waits for the voice she dreads having to call.

"Yes Miss Cheerilee, how may I assist you?" a gruff voice on the other end of the line asks, bringing up images of anti heroes from old comic books.

The teacher pauses before saying words she dreads speaking. "Three fillies from my class didn't show up for school today, I think they may have skipped school. "

On the other side the line a chuckle is heard alongside what sounds like some sort of heavy clothing being put on and buckled. Within a minute the voice responds "You want me to bring them to school don't you?" it says amused.

Cheerilee responds "Yes, do whatever it takes, just bring AppleBloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle to school."

The sound of some metal items and a saddle bag being put on somepony comes through the phone before the voice responds "Consider it done Miss Cheerilee, nopony has ever escaped the sights of the Truancy Pony, and none ever will. I'll catch those fillies and bring them to school before days end." With that the sound of a phone clicking and hanging up resounds into the teacher's ears and she too puts the phone back on it's hook.

Sighing she glances out the windows wondering if she did the right thing. After all calling the Truancy Pony wasn't something she did lightly, she hoped the fillies didn't get in too much trouble before it caught them.

Turning back to her class she decides to continue with the lesson, she has done all she can. "Alright class open your history books to chapter ten, the crossing of the Ponysian sea",as her class obeys outside the grounds an armored pony walks down the streets. It's eyes searching for the little fillies that are now it's prey, preparing for the hunt to catch them and bring them in.

"Run run run little fillies, you won't escape" it says as it walks down the road, searching for the blissfully unaware CMC.

Author's Note:

The story begins, who is this mysterious pony? Why does Cheerilee have a direct line? Will the CMC escape and evade? Find out next time!.


MLP is the property of Hasbro and creation of Lauren Faust, I claim no rights to MLP characters and setting used in this story.