• Published 16th Aug 2016
  • 263 Views, 0 Comments

My Little One Shots - Dashea Rayne



A collection of one shots

  • ...
 0
 263

Pony time

Pony Time

Leaning against her walker, dozing, the elderly green pony was suddenly startled awake when a nearby voice hissed, “We’re on!”

Her head jerking up, muttering something that sounded like, “I’m awake,” Granny Smith looked wildly about. Seeing the set, remembering that she was supposed to say something, the elderly mare looked at the audience and instead of saying the lines she’d been instructed to say, Granny Smith, demanded, “Does anyone care what time it is?”

Before the audience could respond, she turned and shuffled off, mumbling something that sound like, “I should have been at home, making Zap Apple jam,” as she went.

Theme music starting as the elderly pony left, a cerulean pony with a rainbow coloured mane and tail zipped through a double set of doors at the back of the set. A grin spreading across her face as the audience gave her a modest applause, she announced, “Hi. Welcome once again to Tool Time. I am your host, Rainbow “The Tool-Mare” Dash,” and as a yellow mare timidly walked up next to her, Rainbow Dash said, “And you all know my assistant, Flutter “Pest Loving” Shy.”

A louder ovation greeted this salutation and trying to not to show how much she was upset by the fact that she hadn’t received the same amount of applause, Rainbow Dash grabbed a nearby tool belt and affixed it around her waist while Fluttershy continued to stare at the audience, a look of terror replacing the timid look. The cerulean mare finally getting the tool belt on, she turned her attention back to the audience and stated, “Last time we showed you a couple of the many different ways to remove wiring from a wall.”

As if remembering that she was supposed to say something, Fluttershy squeaked out, “And you showed the viewers why it is always a good idea to make sure the electricity is turned off before attempting to remove the wiring.”

This received a smattering of laughter from the audience and as Rainbow Dash gave her sour look, Fluttershy trotted over to an empty workbench set up on the other side of the set. Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash turned her attention fully to the audience and without missing a stride, she continued by explaining, “This week, we’ll be showing the many different ways to fish the wiring down through an already existing wall,” and flapping her wings, she floated past a mock up wall and towards the bench the Fluttershy was standing behind, which now had a couple items on it, including several bits of wiring and a rather scared looking white mouse.

Waving a hoof, the cerulean mare stated, “Marv, why don’t you come in and get a closer shot,” while the yellow mare explained, “I’ve asked one of my little friends here to help,” and indicating some of the wiring, she added, “We’ll be attaching this to my friend and he is going slowly drag it through the wall, aren’t you?”

Rainbow Dash, upon hearing this, rolled her eyes. A cocky look crossing her face, she commented, “Of course, if we really wanted to speed things up, we could just give your friend some of Pinkie Pie’s secret Rock Farm super sugar.”

Another bout of laughter from the audience and as a look of alarm spread across Fluttershy’s face, Rainbow Dash coolly stated, “I’m kidding.”

Turning away from the yellow mare, who had gone back to conversing with mouse while attempting to affix to the animals tail the wiring, the cerulean mare indicated the mock wall with a hoof. Glancing at the audience, she explained, “You want to first locate the studs within the wall,” and the cocky look returning to her face, she added, “And once you do that, you put them out pasture or take them out on a date if they’re good looking. Isn’t that right, Fluttershy?”

From where she stood next to the workbench, Fluttershy glanced at Rainbow Dash and stated, “I don’t think so, Rainbow,” and floating over to the mock wall, a look of seriousness on her face, the yellow mare said, “Once you have located your studs, you want to cut a hole in the wall. This hole should be big enough for you to get your hoof in and as close as you can get to the stud as you can get without actually cutting into the support.”

“And to do that,” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, cutting in. “We’re going to use the Binford 6100 jigsaw,” and fluttering back over to the workbench, she reached under it and picked up a blue power tool. Displaying the gizmo to the audience, she said, “This bad boy has a 6.5 amp, variable speeds for delivering 500 to thirty one hundred strokes per minute and four-position orbital action, which allows for faster, more aggressive cut,” and letting out an atavistic neigh, she turned and flapped back to the mock wall, a savage and wild look spreading across her cerulean face as she went.

Seeing the power tool the other pony had, a terrified look crossed Fluttershy’s face. But, taking a deep breath, she explained, “Once Rainbow has cut our hole, then we’ll fit it with the electrical box for our outlet. After that, we’ll release my friend, who’ll take the wiring down, were…”

Before the yellow mare could finish, Rainbow Dash pulled back on the jigsaw trigger and as the power tool belted out a buzzing noise, the cerulean mare grinned. Uttering another primal neigh, mixing it with the words, “Listen to that bad boy purr,” she turned and without warning, launched herself at the wall, where she promptly sank the blade of the tool into the wall and began cutting.

Moments later, Rainbow Dash sat proudly looking at an improper cut hole. Next to her, Fluttershy was attempt to think of a good reason as to why it was a good idea to never let the cerulean Pegasus anywhere near any sort of power tool. Immediately coming up several different reasons, wanting to tell Rainbow Dash them, she instead took a deep breath and looking at the audience, she said, “Fortunately, we anticipated this sort of thing and had a hole properly cut already before hand,” and giving Rainbow Dash a withering look, the yellow mare pushed aside the mock wall, revealing a second mock wall behind it.

As several stagehands came running out to quickly remove the damaged piece of set, Fluttershy indicated the second wall and announced, “Now. As you can see we have already attached our outlet box and now are ready to run the wiring.”

“And for that,” Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she put the jigsaw back. “We need the mouse,” and before Fluttershy could say or do anything, the cerulean mare scooped up the scared looking rodent, carried him over to the mock wall and promptly shoved him into the electrical box.

Terrified, both the yellow mare and rodent uttered a squeaking noise and as the mouse dove into the wall, Fluttershy made a wild grasp for the disappearing wiring. Missing, she glared at Rainbow Dash and huffed out, “But first, before you release my little friend, you need to make sure the wiring is attached to the outlet box. Otherwise, you run the risk of losing both in the wall.”

“Relax,” Rainbow Dash replied as the cocky look once again crossed her face and waving a hoof towards the bottom of the wall, she explained, “We just wait for the mouse to come out through the other pre-cut hole, collecting both pest and wire when it does.”

Glancing in the direction the cerulean mare was indicating, Fluttershy gasped. Squeaking out, “I forgot to cut the second hole,” she dove to the spot where the mouse had gone in and trying to see inward, she started whispering comforting words in an attempt to get it to come back out.

Next to her, the cocky look never leaving her face, Rainbow Dash looked at the audience and commented, “And this is why you always check your work and make sure it is done completely. Otherwise, you wind up with both the pest and the exterminator in the walls,” as the yellow mare began trying to force her way into the wall in a new attempt to get at her little friend.

The audience laughing at this, the cerulean mare turned to Fluttershy and gently dragging her away from the wall, Rainbow Dash stated, “I got this. Applejack showed me a trick for getting mice out the wall,” and tapping one of her hoofs on the wall, she explained, “All you need to do is tap in the right spot and listen. As you hear the rodent moving around, you attempt to scare the rodent up to the hole it used to get in the wall.”

Tapping the wall a couple more times and tilting her to listen, the cerulean Pegasus added, “Of course, we don’t have time to do this the slow way,” and rearing back, she promptly kicked the wall much in the fashion of AJ bucking apple trees.

Her hooves sinking into the wall, the audience laughing some more, Rainbow Dash grinned sheepishly and said, “Than again, you can’t go knocking on a wall the same way you’d buck an apple tree,” and glancing at Fluttershy and asked, “Could you help get me out of here.”

As the yellow mare began trying to extract her friends rear hooves from the wall, the cerulean mare looked at the cameras, smiled in a painful manner and announced, “We’ll be right back after these messages from Binford.”