• Published 14th Aug 2016
  • 961 Views, 10 Comments

Twilight and Rarity Partners In Time - DryvernX



Twilight sparkle and Rarity must travel around the Equestria timelines to save Equestria from an alien invasion

  • ...
1
 10
 961

Chapter 2: Winsome Falls

Twilight was still traveling inside the time hole. She spinned around in a spiral like vortex, with yellow and pink colors.

"Woooaaarrrggghhhh!" Twilight screamed, while she was spinning around in the time hole. Then something popped up in the scream.

"Equestria past. Winsome Falls." The screen said. Before a white glow came at the end of the time hole trip. Twilight was engulfed by the glow.


Twilight then jumped out of the time hole. She landed beside the time hole, which was like a big hole, popped out of the ground. She fell down to the ground, she looked around, she recognized the place, it was Winsome Falls. But then, to her surprise, the ground felt a little... soft?

"Ooff!" Twilight heard. She looked around a little, she then looked down. She has accidentally landed at Rarity's back, who was unconscious. Twilight quickly jumped away from Rarity's back.

"Oh, i'm so sorry Rarity! I didn't mean to..." Twilight said, but before she continued, she saw something else coming from the time hole, it also landed at Rarity's back.

"Ooff" Rarity said again, while still unconscious. The thing to Twilight's surprise, looked like a suitcase... with eyes, a mouth, and even with two small legs, with shoes on.

"Watch the leather, Professor! No need for the shoving!" It yelled while looking at the time hole. Twilight was confused. She clearly wanted to know what the hay is that thing.

"Hey, Mr. Suitcase!" Twilight said to the living suitcase. That got the suitcase's attention. It turned over to Twilight.

"Oh, you must be Twilight sparkle." It said to Twilight. Twilight was a little surprised that it knows her, but shrugged it off, since it said, the professor has sent it.

"Uuhh... Yes that's me, Twilight sparkle." Twilight said to the suitcase. The suitcase looked around, to the right, and the left, like it's looking for something, or someone.

"According to the professor, there should be a Rarity here as well, but i don't..." The suitcase said. Now Twilight know why it looked around. And about that, Twilight looked down, at Rarity, who the staircase was still standing at.

"Uuhh... About that, she is right below you." Twilight said to the suitcase. The suitcase now realized that it was standing at the one known as Rarity. And to both of them's surprise, Rarity immediately jumped up, with the suitcase jumping a little back. Rarity was fully awakened from her unconsciousness, and she looks pretty frustrated.

"HOW DARE YOU STAND ON TOP OF A LADY LIKE THAT?! YOU OUGHTA LEARN SOME MANNERS!" Rarity yelled at the suitcase angrily. The suitcase looked at Rarity.

"Oh, my! Are you Rarity? I... Sorry about that." The suitcase apologized. Twilight then walked in front Rarity.

"Rarity, please calm down. The suitcase has just apologized to you!" Twilight said to Rarity. Rarity seeing Twilight, immediately calmed down, and hugged Twilight.

"Oh Twilight, it's good that i'm not alone in this place." Rarity said, while still hugging Twilight really hard.

"I know Rarity. Now can you put me down?" Twilight asked Rarity. Rarity then put Twilight down from her hug. They then both looked at the suitcase.

"I am pleased to meet you. I am known as Stuffwell." The suitcase, now known as Stuffwell told the two unicorns. "Professor A. Corns invented me. I am what is called a suitcase." Stuffwell said.

"Yeah, we noticed." Rarity said.

"The professor sent me back in time to be your assistant." Stuffwell said. The two unicorns looked at each other for a moment.

"Yes, "assistant" IS accurate... I'm more than just someplace to store your belongings." Stuffwell said. He was then cut off by Rarity.

"You can store our belongings inside you? Oh Celestia, i should have bought my dresses with me." Rarity said. Twilight poked her a little, indicating that she was disturbing Stuffwell's speech. Rarity blushed in embarrassment a little.

"I have MANY complex sensors... and various memory apparati for data retention...and...er..." Stuffwell said.

"Yes?" Twilight and Rarity asked Stuffwell.

"Well, suffice to say, I am very technologic by contraption standards. I'll be a BIG help." Stuffwell said. Now Twilight was the one who cut him off.

"Like what for an example?! You seriously need to tell me how the professor created you! Oh boy, i could really learn a lot from him!" Twilight said to Stuffwell, while holding him close to her face. Now it was Rarity's turn to poke at her.

"Twilight darling, you do remember the make him finish his speech you told me." Rarity said to Twilight, now Twilight blushed a little in embarrassment.

"Oh right, sorry Stuffwell." Twilight apologized to Stuffwell.

"Why don't we get started by having you go ahead and open me up?" Stuffwell said, before laying himself down on the ground. The two unicorns looked inside Stuffwell. It was really messy inside, but he had many things, like a few dresses, a hair brush, and a bag of Cupcakes.

"Seriously Stuffwell, your insides are messy, and needs a little pizzazz. The professor must have forgotten to install those things inside of you." Rarity complimented the insides of Stuffwell. Twilight glared a little at Rarity.

"Rarity show a little respect, he is going to help us around." Twilight said to Rarity. Rarity looks down at Stuffwell, still open.

"Oh right, sorry about that Stuffwell." Rarity apologized to Stuffwell. "None taken Rarity." Stuffwell said, before closing, and standing up again.

"BACK TO ADVENTURE!" Stuffwell shouted out, he then shrunk, while jumping to Twilight's backpack.

"Well, now that we have assistants Twilight. Don't you think that we should go back, and see our friends? I'm sure they're really worried about us." Rarity said to Twilight. "I don't know Rarity." Twilight said, much to Rarity's dismay. "Princess Celestia, is out here in the past somewhere. Somepony must find her!" Twilight said. Rarity understood Twilight's point, she really cared for her teacher.

But right before, they could make a decision, they heard a little earthquake from the time hole, they saw the time hole... Slowly disappear from the ground. Both of them especially Rarity was really shocked.

"NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Rarity yelled. She ran to the exact point the time hole were, and tried to dig the time hole out again, much to Twilight's surprise, since Rarity, isn't the type, to get her hooves dirty. "You can't leave me and Twilight here." Rarity said, while still digging.

Rarity eventually gave up, and fell to the ground, crying hysterically. "IT'S OVER TWILIGHT! WERE STUCK IN THE PAST FOREVER!!!" Rarity cried. Twilight walked over to Rarity, trying to calm her down.

"Rarity don't worry, we will hopefully find another time hole." Twilight said to Rarity, who was still crying.

"OH THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE THING!!!" Rarity yelled, still crying.


Later, Rarity has finally stopped crying. The two unicorns began their journey in the Winsome Falls. They knew that a village called the Rainbow falls was at the top. So they began their journey to the top. At the start, they saw some blocky rocks around the area. They eventually heard a voice.

"Twilight!" The voice yelled. The two unicorns were confused at first. But then they saw their backpack shake a bit, and the Stuffwell jumped out.

"If it's not inconvenient, I'd like to proceed with some basic instructional." Stuffwell said.As you know, the primary action for mobile creatures is the jump, if you follow." Stuffwell said. Rarity was a little confused.

"Uuhh... what exactly do you mean by jumping Stuffwell darling?" Rarity asked Stuffwell.

"I think he means is that we need to somehow jump on these rocks to continue." Twilight told Rarity. Rarity understood it better, but she was not much of a jumper. Stuffwell continued.

"If your timing is serviceable, the pair of you should be able to jump these ledges." Stuffwell said. The two unicorns looked at each other, Twilight was at the front, while Rarity was at the back. They walked over to the nearest rock, first Twilight jumped up to the top of it, and then Rarity, they were surprised they could actually jump so high.

"They continued jumping on all the blocks. Until they reached some rocks, with a little distance between them.

"Twilight! Rarity! Do you see the gaps in your path?" Stuffwell asked them.

"Yes we do." They both said.

"It would be a good idea if you both jumped at the same time." Stuffwell told them. They jumped over the first gap, then the second, and then the third.

"I think that's enough instructional for now." Stuffwell said, he then jumped back into Twilight's backpack. The two unicorns continued up at some stairs. They reached a cliffside, it was beautiful, very beautiful, with lots of grass and flowers. But then, they heard a noise.

"What was that Twilight?" Rarity asked Twilight.

"I don't know Rarity, let's take a look around." Twilight said. They then ran a little closer to the middle of the cliffside.

They looked around, they couldn't see where the noise came from anywhere, but then, they heard something from above them, particularly Twilight. Then a grey mare with derby eyes fell right over Twilight's head(Don't worry, the pony didn't land on Twilight's horn).

"Twilight!" Rarity shouted. She looked at Twilight, she was dizzy. Rarity then heard a voice from the grey pony.

"The... village..." It said, but Rarity barely heard her. But what got Rarity's attention more was, what was above them, many round shadow dots flew past them. They flew over to the top of the mountain. Rarity was very afraid. Then Twilight recovered from her dizziness. She looked over to the grey mare.

"Are you alright miss?" Twilight asked the barely conscious mare. "The village... Dank purple... mushrooms..." Was all Twilight heard from the mare.

"Dank purple mushrooms? What does she mean by that?" Twilight thought to herself, but she decided to find out later. She walked over to the scared Rarity, who was cowering herself.

"Rarity! Let's get going." Twilight yelled to Rarity. But Rarity was still cowering herself. Twilight then ran to the other side of the cliffside. Rarity finally stopped cowering herself. She looked back, and then saw something, she jumped of both fear, and surprise.

"OH CELESTIA!!! WAIT FOR ME TWILIGHT!!!" Rarity yelled, while running the same way Twilight ran. Some ufo's came to the place the grey mare landed. One of them then sucked the mare away inside of it, with a light green light. They eventually flew away.


Twilight and Rarity, reached some mushroom like pillars, with stairs on them. Rarity looked at Twilight.

"Twilight, what the hay was those things?!" Rarity shouted. Twilight however shook her head.

"Don't know, but maybe their connected to the green monster me Applejack and Rainbow dash fought." Twilight said. Through the connection between the ufo's and the green monster was still a real mystery, they decided to let it go for now and continue.

After walking a few stairs, they saw some rabbit like creatures, they were however a bit different, their fur was purple, they had white spots on their heads, and had red evil looking eyes. They were both confused, and a little afraid of the weird looking rabbits. They heard a familiar voice again.

"Twilight!" The voice yelled, it was once again Stuffwell. He jumped out of the backpack.

"I understand your urgency, but who knows the dangers ahead?" Stuffwell asked. Twilight and Rarity looked at him. He did have a point, they should be prepared for upcoming fights.

"It would be prudent to get you battle-ready before moving on!" Stuffwell said.

"I don't know, i'm an elegant mare with manners you know." Rarity said, almost declining to participate in a battle. "A lady shouldn't really fight." Rarity said with her usual posh attitude. But then one of the weird rabbit like creatures arrived.

"Well, look at this! The perfect practice for you." Stuffwell said. He then looked over at Twilight."

"Twilight! Jump on that rabbit thing!" Stuffwell said to Twilight. Twilight was however skeptical to Stuffwell's idea.

"What?! We can't just hurt other animals. What would Fluttershy say?!" Twilight yelled to Stuffwell. Rarity nods in agreement, since neither of them would intentionally hurt innocent animals. But then the rabbit creature walked closer to them.

"Fine. Guess we don't have a choice." Twilight said. She then jumped on the rabbit creature. The creature got damaged, that also alerted some other rabbit creatures.

[Enemy battle]

Twilight and Rarity was ready. One of the rabbit creatures showed it's left foot, it then spinned over to Rarity. Rarity managed to jump to dodge in time. Then the second one showed it's right foot, it spinned over at Twilight. Twilight also managed to dodge the attack. Rarity then jumped on one of them. It disappeared in a small explosion.

"Not bad Rarity, you are really good, for somepony who makes lots of dresses." Twilight commented Rarity.

"Well i usually don't fight, but i can make an exception, if it's self defense." Rarity said. Twilight and Rarity then decided to end the battle, they used their magic together, lifting the rabbit creature up, and then throw it up in the air.

[Enemy battle end]

After defeating the rabbit creatures. They continued their journey up. They continued up in the stairs, but then halfway up, Rarity heard something and stopped, Twilight then also stopped and looked back at Rarity.

"What's wrong Rarity?" Twilight asked Rarity.

"I don't know darling, i think i can hear something from the sk..." Rarity said, before she got her head bashed, by the same rabbit creature they threw up in the air, which has just fallen down at Rarity's head.

"RARITY!" Twilight yelled, she ran over to see Rarity, she was really dizzy. Stuffwell then jumped out.

"Are you operational, Rarity? Do you need service?" Stuffwell asked. But Rarity was too dizzy to answer. "It appears you've taken some damage." Stuffwell said.

"You think?" Twilight said a little annoyed at Stuffwell.

"What fortulent timing! I have something to help her." Stuffwell said, making Twilight sigh in relief. They both looked at Rarity, who was still dizzy.

"Ah... I know you're groggy, but try to focus Rarity." Stuffwell said, before opening himself. "It's a good thing, that the professor gave me two cupcakes, give one to Rarity, and she will be fine, in no time." Stuffwell instructed Twilight. She found a cupcake in Stuffwell, and gave it to Rarity, even through she was dizzy, she could still eat it. Rarity then recovered from the dizziness. Stuffwell closed himself.

"BACK TO ADVENTURE!" He yelled, with his usual catchphrase. They both looked at Rarity for a moment, and then she jumped up, fully healthy, and fully recovered.

"My, i feel like i've been restored quicker than the hospital!" Rarity said.

"That's good Rarity, now let's continue. The village, Rainbow Falls, is close." Twilight said to Rarity. They then continued up, they eventually fought some more rabbit creatures, and won. And then, they were finally at the top. They then continued, with Rainbow Falls up ahead.


They have arrived to the Rainbow Falls. But then they gasped, what they saw was a huge shock, the Rainbow Falls is being attacked. Many damaged houses, only a few ponies left, the ufo's were attacking with their laser guns. They also sucked away the villagers, one by one. When they have thought that they've captured all of the villagers, the ufo's flew away. Twilight and Rarity, shrug off their shock.

"Oh, how could those ruffians do something so horrid?" Rarity said, angrily. Twilight was also angry, because of the destruction those ufo's has done, destroying or capturing innocent ponies.

"Rarity, let's find, if they're any villagers left, perhaps we can get some more answers." Twilight said to Rarity. Both of them looked around at the fallen remains of the Rainbow Falls, there were craters almost everywhere, the houses were almost completely broken, and the beautiful trees around, was burned to crisp.

Twilight and Rarity searched the houses, but not a single pony were in any of them. They then saw the final house, it was the biggest, it has a sign beside the door.

"The mayor's home." It stood. Both of them looked at each other.

"Rarity, let's go see if the mayor's house, has something useful." Twilight said to Rarity, before both of them walked inside the house. When they both were inside the house, they heard a very small voice, which almost rivaled Fluttershy's whispering.

"Mrrrrrrf... Mmmph..." The small voice said. That got the two unicorns attention.

"What was that Twilight?" Rarity asked. "Was it a ghost?" Rarity asked again, Twilight gave Rarity a weird look.

"No Rarity, there is no ghosts here. But we need to find where the voice came from." Twilight said.

"Right!" Was all Rarity said. They both looked around the mayor's house. They found nothing but christmas trees, unopened presents, and a desk, with papers all over it. They then saw the fire place. They saw something coming out of it. Two pony legs, and a tail.

"Is... anybody there? Hello?" The voice said, it sounded like a stallion. Twilight walked up to the fire place, where the stallion were hiding.

"Yes, but we mean no harm. Are you alright? Why are you hiding." Twilight asked, with many questions in her head.

"What happened to those awful Shroob things? Are they gone?" The mayor said, what got the mares the shock, was when the stallion said, the Shroobs. What are those things? Are they the ufo's. They had many thoughts in their minds. They both then looked over to the stallion.

"No, i think they're gone." Twilight said to the worried stallion. "By the way, who are you?" Twilight now asking.

"Me? I'm the mayor of this village. Nice to not see you!" The stallion said.

"I see." Rarity said. "Oh, and may i ask, why are you in the fire place?" Rarity asked the mayor.

"I was trying to hide from those Shroob things and got stuck..." He said, while stuck in the fire place. "There must be a way out... that doesn't involve dieting." The mayor said, clearly not the one, who wanted to go on a diet. The two mares looked at each other, and got an idea.

"Okay mr. mayor, hold still, were gonna use our magic to push you out." Twilight said. Twilight and Rarity used their magic to give the mayor a mighty push. The mayor flew out of the chimney, and landing on the ground. Revealing himself to be a red stallion, with a white mane.

"Ho ho! Safe at last!" The mayor said. Or so he thought, he then saw three purple mushroom like aliens, with white spots on their heads, white claws, and red eyes. He tried to walk back, but he got surrounded, when three ufo's returned. He looked around, there was no way to escape.

Twilight and Rarity meanwhile while still inside looked up at the chimney.

"Do you think he's still stuck in the chimney Twilight?" Rarity asked her lavender unicorn friend.

"I don't think so. Because then he would have yelled..." Twilight said, before hearing a loud yell from the outside.

"HEEEEEELP!" The voice yelled out. The two mares was surprised, and then looked back at the front door.

"I would have said, "Could use a hoof here" but the mayor, apparently needs help with something!" Twilight said. The two mares then ran outside the house. When both of them were outside, they saw the mayor, extremely afraid. He was stunned out of fear, but what surprised them more, was the purple mushroom looking creatures.

"Are those, the Shroobs?" Both Twilight and Rarity thought to themselves. Then one of the ufo's took the mayor with their light green light, much to their shock. The ufo's then flew away again. Twilight and Rarity tried to run after them, but it was no use, they were already gone.

"Get back here you ruffians!" Rarity yelled to the ufo's.

"You can't just foalnap other ponies like that!" Twilight yelled to them. Then both of them turned around, they saw the three Shroobs were still looking at them. They talked with each other, with a language they couldn't understand.

"What are they saying?" Rarity whispered to her friend.

"How should i know." Twilight answered back.

"The aliens looked at each other, while speaking their unknown language. They then looked back at Twilight and Rarity. The two unicorns then took a fighting stance.

"I guess we have to fight them Rarity." Twilight said.

"I'm right behind you Twilight." Rarity said. Then the three Shroobs charged at them.

[Boss battle: 3 Shroobs]

All of them looked ready to fight, but then, one of the Shrubs took out some sort of Nintendo DS phone like thing. It talked to the phone. Then without the two unicorns seeing it, an ufo arrived above them, with a count on it, it says 3.

"What do you think it was calling?" Twilight asked.

"Perhaps just calling a dentist time or something." Rarity said.

Twilight started out, by jumping on the Shroob, standing closest. Then Rarity, did the same, on the Shroob to the left. The counter now says 2. One of the Shroobs now attacked, it spinned around, and shooted a laser blast at Rarity, which she dodged. Then the next one, showed it's claw, and then shot a laser blast at Twilight, she also managed to dodge. The third one spinned around, and a laser blast was shot out at Rarity, she dodged again.

Twilight then used her magic, to shoot a beam at one of the Shroobs, it took some good damage. Rarity did the same, and shooted, some magic beams at another Shroob. The counter now says 1.

The Shroobs then repeated the same as before, spinning around, to shoot at Rarity, or show it's claw, and shoot at Twilight. They managed to dodge all the attacks.

"Ok Twilight, just a few more hits on these ruffians, and i think they got what they deserved!" Rarity said, but Twilight wasn't really sure, she felt something was a little odd, in this battle.

"You know Rarity, i think this is going a little too easy." Twilight said.

"Oh gosh now Twilight, we have almost defeated them, what could go wrong?" Rarity said, but right after she said it, the counter hit 0. The ufo then brought out a huge laser cannon. Shooting a large and powerful blast, right down at Twilight and Rarity. When they looked up, they panicked.

"I SEE YOUR POINT NOW TWILIGHT!" RARITY yelled over to Twilight.

"HURRY RARITY, WE MUST GET AWAY BEFORE..." Twilight yelled, but her sentence was cut off, when the blast hit them, dealing them damage so huge, that they both fell down to the ground, unconscious. The Shroobs then raised their hands, and cheered in victory.

[Boss battle end?]

The Shroobs looked at the unconscious Twilight and Rarity, they jumped up and cheered in victory.

To be continued.

Author's Note:

And Twilight and Rarity's adventure in the past starts.