• Published 14th Aug 2016
  • 954 Views, 10 Comments

Twilight and Rarity Partners In Time - DryvernX



Twilight sparkle and Rarity must travel around the Equestria timelines to save Equestria from an alien invasion

  • ...
1
 10
 954

Chapter 1: Canterlot present, disaster from the past

[url=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xFlqltx18c&list=PL6akIKaXBeU3sRSSV0rxzAWm5dSdRvqpV&index=37

16 years in the future. Or in other words, the present.

The Foal Free Press news flash! Famed inventor Prof. A. Corns has completed his time machine! Let's take a little closer look.

In the gardens of Canterlot, we see a turquoise blue unicorn, with a lab coat, and a toolbox with a wrench Cutie mark, that's Prof. A. Corns, the famous inventor from Canterlot. He's responsible(not in a bad way) for inventing many brilliant inventions. And his latest invention, is currently the greatest. The time machine. Many journalists from around Equestria either wanna flash picture him, or interview him, fortunately the royal guards held them off. But now, we see some special guests arrive on the scene. Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna. Along with the Mane 6 too. They wanted to get a little closer look at the time machine. Let's take a little closer look, like they wanted.

Right beside the time machine, stands Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, the 6 heroes of Equestria, Twilight sparkle, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie pie, Rainbow dash, and Fluttershy. And speaking of Rainbow dash, she is staring at the time machine suspiciously. She then turns over to Prof. A. Corns.

"Look no offense Professor, but this looks more like cross, between a tea cup and a watch." Rainbow said, Twilight glared at Rainbow.

"Rainbow dash, you don't have to sound like that, especially when you say it right in front of the inventor himself." Twilight told Rainbow. She then turned over to the professor. "Oh, i apologize for my friend's impolite compliment Prof. A. Corns." She said to the professor.

"Oh it's alright my friend, i admit as well that it looks like a cross between a tea cup and a watch." Chuckled Prof. A. Corns.

"But i must say, your time machine is a very brilliant invention, think about all the things from the past we can discover. Ancient lost artifacts. Books not existing in our time period. Or maybe..." Twilight said, before her sentence were interrupted by Rainbow. "Come on Twilight, let your egghead talk go for now. I want to hear the good parts." Rainbow said. Twilight then shrugged Rainbow off, and turned back to the professor.

"But i must ask you, what can actually make this time machine run? It appears to need a huge power source for something like time travel." Twilight said to the professor.

"I know my dear ms. sparkle and i have a power source right here." Prof. A. Corns said, taking something hidden in his lab coat, he reveals something that looks like a cross between 6 triangular gems, and a star. "This my dear, is the machine's energy source. The amazing Cobalt Star!" The professor said. Everyone especially Rarity, looks at it.

"Why it's so beautiful, i can think of numerous dresses i can make out of this beautiful Cobalt Star." Rarity said.

"Yeah sure. But this Cobalt Star is best known for it's power over time. It has the power to open time holes." The professor said.

"Ok, what the hay is a time hole?" Applejack asked the professor.

"A time hole, is a portal to timelines, but i still don't know the full extent of it, since they have never been seen in Equestria before." The professor said.

"Well i must say, that maybe i can go back in time, to show my dresses to my old ancestors, to show them how brilliant they're descendants are." Rarity said.

"You and your dresses Rarity." Applejack said, while patting Rarity on her back. Then Pinkie pie appears right in front of Prof. A. Corns face.

"This invention sounds fun. Oh oh, can i go back in time to see my old ancestor, Surprise. Oh please please Prof. Agy. Corny. With sugar and flour on top." Said Pinkie pie, with her usual long speech. But then Fluttershy appeared, she pulled Pinkie pie back.

"Pinkie calm down, he still haven't explained everything about the time machine." Fluttershy said, while still holding Pinkie pie back. Then the mover of the sun, and the mover of the moon, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, walked up to Prof. A. Corns.

"Why hello Princess Celestia, and you too Princess Luna. As you can see, i have made a way to make anypony travel between timelines, without the need of a time spell." Prof. A. Corns. said while bowing.

"You have indeed Professor. But you do know that we need to be careful with your new invention. We don't want anypony misusing it's power." Princess Celestia said. She knew that if somepony misused it's power, it could lead to a lot of disaster in Equestria.

"Thou are right dear sister." Princess Luna said, before turning to Prof. A. Corns. "You thou know that misusing the timeline is a huge crime in Equestria." Princess Luna said to the professor. The professor nods in agreement.

"I understand dearly. But wouldn't it be a waste, if we didn't test the time machine?" Prof. A. Corns said. The two royal sisters look at each other. They both then turn to Prof. A. Corns.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt if we give it a little try." Princess Celestia said, turning over to Princess Luna, and the Mane 6. "My little ponies, and Princess Luna. I'm going to take a short trip to the old ages of Equestria. Would anypony like to join me, on my quest?" Princess Celestia said. They looked at each other. Then Princess Luna turned to her sister.

"I think it would be wise if i stayed behind, we still need a princess to take care of the day and night." Princess Luna said. Princess Celestia nods in agreement.

"Nah, you go ahead princess. I like the present better. Because the wonderbolts exists." Rainbow dash said.

"I would love to see my ancestor Surprise, but i need to take care of Sugarcube corner. Besides, Gummy will miss me." Pinkie pie said.

"I'd reckon that you go without me, i need to check the apples back at Sweet apple acres." Applejack said to the princess.

"Uhhmm... I don't think i have it in me, to travel back to the past." Fluttershy said, clearly not wanna go near that time machine.

"You go ahead darling, i'm also a little busy today." Rarity said.

"It would be an honor to travel in time with you Princess Celestia, but i think Spike and Owlicious would be a little lonely without me." Twilight said. Celestia nods at Twilight. "I understand my student." She said. But then, two ponies arrived. The first one is beige coated earth pony, the other is a mint coated unicorn. It's Bon-bon and Lyra.

"Phew, we made it in time Lyra." Bon-bon said to her friend Lyra. They both then turned to the princess. "Please Princess. Can we join you're little trip to the past. We promise we will behave." Lyra pleaded to the princess. Celestia smiled warmly to them. "Ok, you two may come with me." Celestia said. The two ponies hugged each other, like bff's.

"That's good, for the machine can max hold 3 passengers." Prof. A. Corns said. But before they could go to the time machine. An old unicorn, ran up to them, it was Monsieur Mane(the present one), and he looks at the princess firmly.

"Princess Celestia, i doubt it's a good idea for you to travel in that time machine, we don't have the slightest clue what can happen to you." Monsieur Mane said worried to the princess. "I will be alright Mane. It's just a little look in the past, and then i will come back in a day." The princess said. The Monsieur sighed. "Alright, just don't make me worried sick." Mane said. Celestia, Lyra, and Bon-bon walked inside the machine.

"Okay sending them 16 years back in time." The professor said, while pushing a few buttons. The mane 6 waved at the time machine, as it's slowly beginning to float in the air. And then in a flash, it disappeared. The time travel was complete. Then everypony began to go home, for tomorrow, they will see their precious princess of the sun again.

Or will they?


Next day, the mane 6, the professor, Princess Luna, and Monsieur Mane waited at the throne room, for Celestia, Lyra and Bon-bon to return. Mane looks incredibly worried. "PRIIIIIINCESS!" He shouted. "Please return, Your Majesty!" He shouted again. "I say... I am simply beside myself with worry!" He said to himself. The professor then chuckled.

"No need to worry yourself, My machine's safe as can be. Why, there's a 99.999999999% chance the princess will return!" The professor said, to calm the monsieur down. It failed. "THE HORROR!" he shouted again, before falling down, unconscious. Fluttershy and Applejack are shocked, and ran to the monsieur, seeing if he's alright. "Mane! Wake up! Maaaaaaaane!" Fluttershy said while putting her hoof on his head. "Whoa, he worried so hard, he KO'D himself!" Pinkie pie said. Princess Luna then looks at Twilight.

"Twilight, i'm pretty sure Monsieur Mane has a Refresh-cupcake in his room. Think thou could go get it?" Princess Luna said to Twilight.

"You can count on me Princess Luna." Twilight said, nodding to Princess Luna. She then runs out of the throne room.

"Excelent. Now let's bring Monsieur Mane a wheel chair." Princess Luna commanded the others.

"Wheel chair, coming right up Princess." Rainbow dash said, flying over to get a wheel chair.

Twilight ran to the monsieur's room, she searched all over his room, until she found a block floating in his room. She jumped and hit the block. The block then throws out a green cupcake.

"You got a Refresh-cupcake!" The screen said.

"Why does Monsieur Mane have a floating block around? " Twilight thought to herself. She just ignored it, and ran back to the throne room.

The others including a doctor are looking at the slightly unconscious Monsieur Mane, who is sitting on a wheel chair. "Monsieur! Any final words? Can i have your cane?" Pinkie asked the Monsieur.

"PINKIE" The others shouted at Pinkie.

"Princess" Is all the monsieur muttered.

"Doctor! SPEAK, already! Will he recover?" Rainbow shouted at the doctor.

"Oh, the prognosis is grim... I'm afraid our dear Monsieur Mane has worried himself into a state of ponyshock. Without the restorative properties of a Refresh-cupcake, there's naught we can do." The doctor said worried. The other sadly sighed, while Pinkie's mane slowly began to deflate.

But then, Twilight jumped to the scene. "Girls, i have the Refresh-cupcake." Twilight said, she held the cupcake in the air, then the cupcake floated right on top of the monsieur. It then turned into some magical glitter. The monsieur then began to glow for a few moments. When the glowing stopped, the monsieur slowly opened his eyes, and the JUMPED up, much to everyone but the doctor, Twilight, and Luna.

"HUZZAH!" Said the now healthy monsieur.

Then they heard a rumble outside. They were all confused at first. But then they saw a small white glow open. It opened a red and yellow spiral like portal. And out came the time machine. It landed on the ground, but they saw something suspicious on the time machine. The time machine... is broken.

"Wow, what the hay has happened to the time machine?" Rainbow asked. The professor walked up to the broken time machine.

"Well, take gander at that! The time machine's returned! Something's amiss, through... What could've gone wrong?" The professor said.

"Maybe it landed on a mountain top or something?" Pinkie asked.

The monsieur while still in his wheel chair with the help of Rarity drove up to the time machine. "Oh, Princess! Welcome home!" The monsieur said. The gate then opened. "Your Majesty! I've been fraught with..." The monsieur said... before all of them saw... two red eyes glow. And then two green claws with only two claws came out, one by one. They then saw a scary green monster slowly coming out of the time machine. All of them screamed at it. When it finally came out fully. It was triangular, it's top had light green spots, it's lips were also light green. It roared angrily. Both the professor and Rarity ran away. "W-Wait! Mistress Rarity!" He shouted to Rarity. Then the green monster hit the monsieur's wheel chair away. It roared again. Then Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow dash, jumped up to the beast.


"I think we may need to teach this varmint a lesson." Applejack said.

"I totally agree." Rainbow dash said.

"Applejack, Rainbow, let's take that monster down." Twilight said. They both nod in agreement. The monster then roared again. And began charging at them.

[Boss battle: Unknown green monster]

Twilight jumped at it. Dealing it damage. Then Rainbow charged at it. Dealing it damage. Then Applejack bucked it right in it's mouth. That's gotta hurt.

But the monster haven't given up just yet. It then roars, and spins like a little tornado, charging at all three of them, they managed to dodge. The monster looked a little dizzy afterwards.

They then attacked it again, Twilight then shoots a magic beam at it. Rainbow kicks it from behind. The monster begins to look very tired. And then Applejack bucks it right in it's forehead. It then felt down, unconscious.

[Boss battle end]

"Yay, you beat that big meany pants!" Pinkie said in victory.

"Did you really have to hurt it so much?" Fluttershy asked, a little concerned about the monster.

"I'm sorry Fluttershy darling, but we had no choice." Rarity said.

Rainbow then decided to look inside the time machine. And after a few moments. She flew out. And shouted "No sign of the princess! No! NO! NOOOOOOOO! That awful monster...". Everypony's shocked at that, they looked sadly at each other. Was the princess killed by this monster?

"Just take 'er easy, now. She wasn't this feller's breakfast. The others sighed in relief. He then pulls out a device with a screen on top, and on below. "My DS time radar puts Celestia somewhere in the Mushroom Kingdom of yesteryear." The others looked at disbelief at the professor.

"Time radar? TIME RADAR?! You just made that up! Where'd this monster come from, then?" Rainbow shouted at the professor's face. That i don't know. And with the time machine this dinged up, we're not going anywhere." The professor said back to Rainbow. Princess Luna was very worried, about her sister's safety.

But then, Rarity came running to the others.

"You won't believe what i just saw. I saw something very very horrid outside the gardens." Rarity said, barely catching her breath.

"What's that? Calm down and speak slowly!" The professor said to Rarity.

"Sorry darling, i panicked. I saw a hole rise from the garden right outside the garden." Rarity said. Everyone got surprised at that.

"A mysterious hole has appeared in the garden?" The Professor asked. The professor then said to himself. "Hmm... It's possible the return of the machine tore holes in the time continue...".

"That sounds scary" Fluttershy said.

"To the garden, fellers!" The professor said. Then all of them walked to the garden.


All of them were very surprised. There is indeed a hole appearing from the ground. It spiraled just like the time portal.

"As i suspected... IT'S A TIME HOLE!" The professor shouted in surprise.

"So that's a time hole huh?" Applejack said.

"Interesting!" Was all Luna could say.

"Yessiree, this time hole is a doorway to the past!" The professor said. While describing the mysterious time hole. "No doubt about it, it appeared because of that time machine." The professor said again.

The mane 6 looked at the suspiciously. Then Rarity got a little curious. She walked a little closer to the portal, and looked down at it.

"Careful there, young Rarity! If i'm right, that time hole leads back in time!" The professor warned Rarity. "So you're saying that if we travel in that portal, we will go back in time?" Rarity asked the professor. "Yep, to a younger Equestria. Question is, to WHERE in Equestria?!" The professor asked himself.

"Oh i know, maybe Sugarcube corner!" Pinkie guessed. Everypony rolled their eyes at Pinkie.

"The other question is, if a feller were to jump in, could he even make it back..." Said the professor. The others looked at each other. Then Fluttershy raised her hoof.

"Uhh... Let's please not find out." Fluttershy said, a little worried about the time hole.

"Or maybe, we can use it to find out where Princess Celestia is in the past." Twilight suggested to the professor. The professor thought for a moment.

"Hm? Use this time hole to find the Princess Celestia?" The professor asked. Twilight nods. Prof. A. Corns then thinks to himself in a moment, until he turns over to Twilight again.

"Hmm... now there's an idea. I'd bet dollars to donuts that's our best chance at finding her." The professor said. Everypony looked happy. They now know a way to find their lost princess. Princess Luna sighed in relief. But then they heard somepony yell...

"Watch out!!!" It was Monsieur Mane, he has somehow accidentally made his wheelchair charge... right at the portal. The impact made Rarity lose her balance, where she then lands on the time hole. And right as she touched it... She floats right in the air. Everypony's shocked.

"Somepony. Help Me!!!" Rarity shouted.

"Quick grab her!" Applejack shouted. All of them tried to catch Rarity. But it was too late. Rarity got sucked inside the time hole, to everyone's shock.

"M-M-Mistress Twilight! The princess! Where is Princess Celestia? And what were those lights? And what is that odd hole?! I demand answers, sir!" Monsieur Mane said to Twilight. But Twilight was too focused about Rarity disappearing in the time hole.

"Don't worry Rarity. I'm coming." Twilight shouted.

And then she did something no pony imagined she would do. She also jumped in the time hole. She then floated just like Rarity did, and then gets sucked inside the time hole. To everyone's shock again.

"MISTRESS TWILIGHT!" Monsieur Mane shouted in shock.

"Well if they're going, i'm going as well." Rainbow dash shouted. She then charged down to the time hole...

"POW"

... Only to hit it like a stone wall. And the funny thing is... nothing happened.

"Huh?! How did i not get sucked inside the portal" Rainbow dash said confused. Then Pinkie pie tried to jump into the time hole...

"POW"

...Only to result the same as Rainbow.

"Hey, i couldn't jump into the hole either!" Pinkie shouted. Then Prof. A. Corns realizes something.

"I think i know why!" The professor shouted. The others looked at him. "Only ponies who can use magic can enter the time hole!" The professor shouted again. They looked at each other, and saw that he had a good point, neither Rainbow dash nor Pinkie pie could enter the time hole, but Twilight and Rarity could, due to them being unicorns. Then Princess Luna came close to the time hole.

"Then we shall assist Twilight and Rarity. I will go into the time hole and support them!" Princess Luna said. But is stopped by Monsieur Mane. "Let me go Mane, i need to find my sister." Luna shouted at Mane. "I understand your concern dear Luna, but we need some pony who can control the sun and moon, while Celestia's gone!" Mane said to Princess Luna.

Princess Luna and the others were quiet. Because Mane has a point. If Luna leaves, there is nopony to control the sun and moon, thus creating a lot of imbalance in Equestria. The Mane 4 looked at each other.

"But... then what can we do?!" Rainbow asked.

"All we can do now... is wait Rainbow." Applejack said to Rainbow dash. But then, the professor got an idea, and took something brown, and threw it down the time hole. It floated, and then got sucked into the time hole.

"What did you just throw into the hole?!" Fluttershy asked the professor while concerned.

"Some assistants!" Was all the professor said.

To be continued.

Author's Note:

Where will Twilight and Rarity end up.
Find out next time.