• Published 12th Aug 2016
  • 506 Views, 11 Comments

The Muffins Family - PaintedNovel455



Here I have Garnet "Clyde" Pie, Amethyst "Amy" Pie, and Jasper "Sweetie" Pie... Their three young fillies grow up with the lack of food and resources to their success.

  • ...
 11
 506

A Dazzling Diamond

Amy trudged along, kicking every rock in her path. Today was Sunday, which means Bible study. Sweetie hated this long trek as much as her other sisters. At least she could show off her cutie mark.

Finally they reached the church, the sisters hurrying along to seat down and rest their sore hooves. The pastor, Holy Mackerel began.

“Please rise,” Holy stated firmly.

“Aww,” Amy groaned silently, rising to her sore hooves.

Holy Mackerel levitated the Bible onto a podium, “today we will continue our read through of the Old Testament. We left off on?” He asked.

“Genesis, 26,” a mare said, readjusting her reading glasses.

“Correct,” her husband confirmed, pulling a black bookmark out his bible. The sisters Mom pulled three bibles out her saddlebag, handing one to the fillies. Together they read the entire chapter, it was gurling to many of the foals.



Now, church was over. Amy, Sweetie, and Clyde were outside the church with the other foals playing. They looked under rocks, climbed trees, and drank from the river. Some even dared to ‘baptise’ themselves.

Amy felt left out, she drew in the dirt with her hoof. Before she had Sweetie and Clyde but now, they were playing with all the other foals with their cutie marks. A pink earth filly sat next to her, a shiny diamond on her flank.

“Hello,” the filly said. “I’m Dazzy Diamond!”

Amy wiped the heart made in the ground, “I’m Amy.”

“Why aren’t you playing?”

“I don’t have a cutie mark.”

“You can play with me!” Dazzy rose to her hooves, “Com’on!” Amy sighed and rose to her hooves too, sprinting after Dazzy.

“Look,” Dazzy said, tearing into a river. Amy carefully stepped into the river after her. It was pretty sallow. Dazzy dived under the water and pulled out a wool bag. She handed it to Amy, who opened.

Amy gasped, “oh my Celestia!” The bag was with around 50 small diamonds. “Where did you get this!”

“I found a cave, and mined it up! See my cutie mark,” Dazzy said, pointing to her flank.

“Cool.”

“Keep it, I found many more!” Dazzy smiled.

“Thank you, so much” Amy said. “Wanna look for gems?”

“Sure!” Dazzy squealed. “How?”

“Go under water and dig,” Amy explained before diving under the surface. Dazzy dived under to, pushing away gravel and the bottom. She found a thin slice of silver. They popped back onto the surface.

“I did good, right?” Dazzy asked.

“Ha, you did great but, that’s not worth a bag of eggs.”

“Bag?”

“I’m joking. That’s a great start.” Amy explained and inhaled sharply and dived back under. She dug a few feet under and grabbed a teeny tiny amethyst.

“Why are there so much gemstone here?”

“Dragons like to fly, in and out through these lands. I guess they drop their ‘lunch’ all over the place.” Amy explained.

“Wow, I farm rocks. My cutie mark is a diamond because of the cave.”

“We always want what we can’t have, “ Amy groaned, exiting the river.

“So what now?” Dazzy asked.

“We should dry off, they would make us sit outside if we’re wet.”

“Yeah.” So they dried off and soon church started again. This time, they had planned a prayer and church was over.




Amy lied awake at night, thinking. They said thinking was bad, ‘foals shouldn’t think so much.’ Mama said. ‘Fills their heads with foolish ideas.’

Amy scooted off bed, which was hard since she was in the middle. She headed outside, and over into town. She found Dazzy’s house by looking at the decorations. She went there once for a prayer session.

She snuck into the back and knocked on Dazzy window. Dazzy came over and opened it.

“What are you doing here,” Dazzy whispered.

“I’m bored.”

“We can’t go outside now.”

“Please!” Amy begged.

“Alright…” Dazzy groaned, letting her in. “I have some cards.”

“Yeah!” Amy said. There was a loud thump, as Amy fell to the floor.

“So… Why did you come?” Dazzy asked, putting down a queen.

“Can’t sleep,” Amy put it simply.

“Hmmm” Dazzy said. “Have you heard of the disappearance of a teen colt. Star Bucks, I think.”

“Yeah, they ignored it. I heard he was playing devil's music.” Amy said, placing down a Club.

Dazzy raised her eyebrow, “I thought he ran off?”

“Pffft, yeah like--” Amy cut herself off. Remembering her cousins obsession with foal napping ponies.

“What?”

“Nothing…”


After a game of cards Amy snuck back home, in the morning they did their chores then hunted for gems. They found nothing… Amy headed over to Dazzy’s house to play with her. But only her mom came to the door.

“She went with the Pie sisters,” the mom said. This worried Amy. And the Pie sisters mom said the same thing, “they went over to the Diamond’s house.”

Amy filled with fury, as she stormed off. Heading up the mountain, and into the infamous cave. Little did she know, the Pie’s had planned it all out. And they were hiding with Dazzy in a bush.

Amy went home and played with her sisters. It was at dinnertime when she had figured out what the Pie’s figured out. They knew someone would come after them after one of the disappearances. But why did they do this?! So what if your pastries aren’t that good. No need to spill innocent blood.

Amy ran outside, so suddenly. That they all flinched. Amy screamed “DAZZY!”

“Amethyst Amy Gem, you get your flank back in this house!” Amy didn’t listen instead kept running. She marched up to the cave and just as she feared. Dazzy was strapped down to the table, screaming and one of her cutie marks were removed.

Amy put a hoof to her mouth and shushed her. For she was about to call out Amy’s name. Inkie Pie and Blinkie Pie were facing the other way. Amy ducked into a bush and thought of a plan. But her father found where she was and rushed into the cave.

“What in God’s name is going on in here!” Her Father yelled, easily restraining Inkie. But Blinkie came and made him pass out. Amy held back a gasp, and stormed out of there. Bucking Blinkie Pie across the face, she had a black eye from last time, blacking out from shock. Inkie ran forward sliced Amy’s flank, she recoiled as Inkie tried to push her off the short cliff. Amy hit the ground and her head stung and her vision blurred.


She took off, followed by Inkie.

“GET BACK HERE!” Inkie screamed. With a burst of adrenaline Inkie caught up with her. Her scalpel replaced with a syringe. Inkie pressed her hoof against Amy’s throat and slowly brought the needle to her neck.

Amy felt the needle prick her skin, when Inkie was tackled. All she saw was a grey blur and then she passed out...