• Published 24th Jun 2012
  • 1,233 Views, 29 Comments

Love and wubs - PhantomDred



A story about a pegasus in Ponyville who finds love but gives another despair.

  • ...
8
 29
 1,233

Chapter One Introductions

Chapter One: Introductions

"GET YER DARN SELF BACK 'ERE" the enraged orange filly said as you were running faster than ever with a basket of apples in your mouth panicing furiously trying to make your wings cooperate. You screamed as you ran into a large red colt with a work harness on as you both crashed backwards. "Thanks a might Big Mac" she said running up to you and grabbing the basket of apples as the colt started to stand up "Eeyup" he said looking down at you "What'cha thing we'll do with 'im AJ?". She looked over at him and then realized you had been knocked out by the impact "Take 'im over to Twi, she should 'elp with his cuts n' bruises." He nodded then slung you over his back before walking over to the library.

It was two days later when you finally woke up in what seemed to be a library "Why am I not in the infirmary..." you thought to yourself as your head started splitting open and then slowly passed back out. "Twilight dear, are you sure he's ok here? He isn't looking that well" You heard a soft voice say as you looked around in a dream-like state realizing where the voice had come from, there she was a unicorn with a snow-white coat and purple mane that seemed to have been worked on for over an hour. "He just needs to rest" a new voice started "He hit Big Macintosh pretty hard, Applejack said she couldn't even keep up...And that's saying something." You slowly opened your eyes more and looked around me seeing a purple mare, another unicorn with a dark blue mane with a pink stripe down it, her tail looked the very same as you started weakly saying something before she ran over "Please don't talk" she said "You have a concusion, and need to rest" she smiled meekly. "Need....water..." You managed to say quietly staring at the white-coated mare. "Spike, be a dear and get our guest a glass of water" she said as you heard a "Anything for you Miss Rarity" come from an unknown source.

You shivered. "Get another blanket while you're at it Spike!" the purple unicorn yelled. The white unicorn sat next to you "Hello dear, my name is Rarity" you just stared and said quietly and slowly "H-hi...I'm-" you get cut off by a large crashing sounds as you see a famaliar rainbow trail fly in through the window. "No way! It can't be!" A famaliar voice exclaimed, then you realize it: Rainbow Dash. Your old friend from flight school. "He...hey Rainbow...." you said with a little spunk and smiling. "Long time no see huh hot stuff?" she grinned as you slightly blushed. "E-excuse me Rainbow, but do you happen to know him?" the purple unicorn quickly questioned. "Sure do Twilight" she grinned wider and stared into your soul "This is my old flight school buddy Sketch." They all gasped looking back at you "WE HAD NO IDEA DARLING!" Rarity screamed joyfully. "Care to explain Dash?" you said softly. "I just told them how good of friends we were, Twilight said she had a pegasus here that was hurt and she explained him out: Dark purple fur, black mane and tail, and that cutie mark of yours; a dark red pencil with a black sheet next to it, I just couldn't beleive it." She hugged you tightly.

A few hours later after that orange pony from days ago came by and explained it all to you "So....I stole a basket of apples...I'm sorry....Applejack was it?" She looked over at you "It's alright but, what made ya do it?" Slowly you looked down as you started grimmacing "I have nothing...." you softly whispered "After flight school, I went home and found the house where my parents lived....." you started shaking as tears started forming "Nothing was left except the two bodies.... I was left alone to die since I was too old to be put into an orphanage." The four mares looked at you and Rarity eventually spoke up crying without control "Oh you poor thing!" she exclaimed crying even harder. "Wow Sketch...I didn't know...." Rainbow looked away as Applejack looked at you "Sorry about the trouble...if you need a job or anything, ya can come to the farm ah got on the edge'a town partner" she said smiling warmly. "I think I can handle myself once I find a place to stay" you said "And thank you, Twilight for taking care of me." All of a sudden a pink flash ran into the room bouncing furiously " A NEW PONY! THIS CALLS FOR A PARRRRR-" she got cut off by Rainbow yelling without even realizing it "NOT NOW PINKIE HE'S HURT AND...." she blushed brightly then quickly flew out. You slowly got up shaking your head "And tell your brother i'm sorry, Applejack even if I got the most of the hit he still must've got a nasty deal from it." She chuckled slightly "Mah brother 's fine he's a tough un." The pink with a crazy mane and tail pony stopped infront of you "HimisterIknowyou'renewintownandallandIjustwanttosay HELLO!!" she smiled widely and shoved a cupcake in your mouth as you looked at her. "Pinkie dear, please he needs rest and a party isn't needed" Her smile quickly dissipated as her hair started to straighten slighty "Ok Rarity!" she explained bouncing out.


It was a week later, not much had happened except for a run-in or two with your new friends untill you were landing over at Applejack's farm "Um..hi...mister" a soft voice said getting quieter. "Oh hey there Fluttershy!" You heard Applejack call out as you turned around to see a yellow pegasus with a pink mane that covered one of her eyes and the same shaded tail as you smiled. "Hi there, my names Sketch I take it you're Fluttershy? I've heard alot about you" he said as she quickly ran past him to Applejack and whispered something softly Applejack laughed "It's alright sugarcube, he's a friend o' the girls." The yellow pegasus blinked then turned back "S-sorry...." she said quietly. "It's ok" you said in a calming voice "I used to be really shy too." "R-really?" she said a little louder "I've never met somepony who was shy..." Applejack chuckled "Come here to take that job Sketch? And i'll have your apples in a jiffy Fluttershy." She said starting to put them in her saddlebags.
"Eh...yeah...." you said looking at the ground "I couldn't find another place in town.." "Well...theres a DJ in town who might need someone to help her with some things, she tends to help out Pinkie and trust me thats one pony who is hard to deal with" she said laughing loudly and waving to Fluttershy as she flew off. "I can take ya to her if ya want, just need to go check tell Mac i'll be gone fer a bit." You smiled nodding as she ran off to her brother. "I wonder what she might need help with..." you thought to yourself. You strecthed your wings as Applejack came running back. "Y'know, I never asked how you got so fast on foot, ya got wings and well...Ah never seen a pegasus so fast on foot." You smiled as you two walked towards town and you started explaining to her.

"And then I stopped flying, figured I wouldn't need to much." Applejack stared at you in disbeleif "So yer wings aren't much are they? Ya could probably beat Rainbow on foot while she's flying!" You laughed a little and stopped infront of a house where lights were flickering like crazy giving you a slight dizzy feeling. " 'Ol Vinyl should be in there, if ya can't help her just came see me at the farm" she said walking away and waving back. You knocked on the door and heard a voice yell "Come in'. You nudged the door open and walked inside then shut it behind you "Over here!" you heard as you turned to see a white unicorn with a multicolored blue mane and a pair of purple glasses on "Whats up man?" she said continuing to change the different slides on her turn tables. "Oh nothing i'm just kind of in need of a job...Applejack said you might need some help with some things." You said loudly making sure she could hear you "Oh yeah man, I need someone to help me design some covers for this CD i'm making." Your ears perked up "Desgining?" you thought as you started speaking "Yeah, no problem my names Sketch Miss Vinyl, i'm actually very skilled in designing art, that's what my cutie marks for anyways" you smiled happily. "Sweet Sketch!" she turned the music down "One question though...how do you know my name..?" You blushed slightly "Oh er....Applejack told me." She laughed at the sight of you blushing "I like you man, you have a place to stay?" "Uhm...no.." You said as she pulled up her glasses "If you need to you can stay here, I have an extra bed since Octavia's out of town for awhile, just don't touch anything in her room. It's upstairs to the left." You nodded and started going upstairs then turned to the left and went inside the room filled with large organizers filled with sheet music then fell on the bed in the center of the room, quickly passing out.