• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 1,194 Views, 7 Comments

The Demon Within - DOOT_Slayer



To save Equis from immanent destruction, the main six must harness an unknown power, and break through their new limits.

  • ...
8
 7
 1,194

Chapter 11: Unstoppable Force

Tears flowed from Rainbow Dash's eyes in sorrow and rage. Her fists were clenched tightly at her sides and her breath caught in her throat. 'When it mattered I couldn't do anything. Pinkie... Rarity... Twilight.' Rainbow Dash looked to the ground, the rage inside her threatening to erupt like a volcano. Fluttershy and Applejack felt her power begin to rise. The waves crashed violently now, and lightning came down from above.

"So," Omega began. "Any last words from the rest of you?!"

"You killed... one of my best friends. I won't... let you... get away with this." Rainbow Dash was holding in a scream and speaking through gritted teeth. Omega was curious - and naturally a little worried - about her counterpart's words of warning.

"You... HEARTLESS... RUTHLESS BASTARD! I WILL... MAKE YOU... SUFFER!!" Chunks of rock bent at Rainbow Dash's feet. She had reached her limit - Her anger exploded outward. Her mane mostly faced backwards and became yellow as a golden aura surrounded her, and she let out an ear-splitting scream.


Rainbow Dash's eyes were blank for a bit - her irises faded back into her eyes, a greenish blue as opposed to crimson, without any pupils. She turned to face Omega with a prominent death stare on her face. Omega flinched back, petrified at Rainbow Dash's new power.

"Wha-What happened to your hair? What happened to your eyes?!" Her voice was shaky, fearful.

"AJ, Fluttershy," They were already paying close attention to her, but they listened carefully now. "Get Rarity a safe distance away from here, do your best to help her." Fluttershy was hesitant.

"But... we can't leave you alo-" Rainbow Dash's anger flared out again.

"If Rarity dies we have no way to get back home! Get her and GO!!" Her response had its desired effect, and her two friends flew slowly into the air and lifted Rarity between them. Omega spoke now.

"You really do know me well. I do love a bit of target practice." She raised her hand with her index finger pointing out. Rainbow Dash appeared right in front of her and grabbed her wrist tightly. Omega was surprised by this action.

"Wha- Let go. Let go of me damn it!!" Rainbow's grip remained absolute. She leaned closer to her opponent.

"I'm going to break you," Omega panicked. She had never felt this way before. It was her first taste of true fear.

"WHAT?!" She tried in vain to pull her hand away.

"Like a twig!" Rainbow Dash threw a punch into Omega's stomach. Another new feeling for Omega: agony. Blood spewed from her mouth. Rainbow Dash pulled back and threw another punch at her face. It sent Omega flying insanely far, but Rainbow Dash caught up like she was a small hop away. She raised both hands and smashed them down onto Omega's chest, sending her flying down into an island and obliterating it entirely. After a few disorienting seconds, Omega flew out of the water and up at Rainbow Dash; she threw an uppercut, which was easily dodged. Rainbow Dash kicked Omega hard in the chest, both to punish her and put distance between them. Omega's frustration grew with each failed attack. She recovered after a few seconds and fired four Death Beams in quick succession. Rainbow Dash dodged all of them effortlessly and focused on her opponent again, who was trying to wrap her head around this change that had occurred so suddenly. It was driving her mad.

"How... how, TELL ME HOW! YOU WERE JUST A PUNY WEAKLING LIKE THE REST OF THEM!! WHAT CHANGED!!" Her eyes were visibly bloodshot now. She realised something obvious.

"You... you're different now. Tell me... just what the hell are you!!?" Rainbow Dash smiled as she thought of what to say. The first thing she had experienced other than pure rage in the last few minutes.

"Can't you tell Omega? I think you already know; it's just like Twilight said." Omega frowned and gritted her teeth.

"I am the pegasus from Equis who brought you here solely to kill you. I am the legend that you've come to fear, awakened by fury…" Rainbow Dash rose her arms to her side and her golden aura reignited. "And I won't forgive a single thing you've done!! I AM RAINBOW DASH, THE ELEMENT OF LOYALTY, AND I AM A SUPER—" Omega fired a Death Beam at Rainbow Dash's head. She flicked her chin up, deflecting the beam into the sky. She looked back down at her opponent slowly before finishing her monologue with a mocking smile.

"Pony." Omega could hardly contain her frustration, letting out a loud growl.


Fluttershy and Applejack had been flying for around two minutes. They laid Rarity down on the side of a hill, so her blood flow could return to near enough normal.

"How's she doing?" Applejack asked. "Be honest." Fluttershy knelt down next to their injured friend and put two fingers on her jugular vein. There was a pulse, faint, low. Fluttershy next put her hand on her chest. Rarity was breathing lightly, but she probably wouldn't hold out much longer.

"She's holding on but... we need to get her home, fast. I don't think her body has the strength to keep going for very much longer." They both looked onwards to where Rainbow Dash continued to battle with Omega. They could feel the obvious difference in power and knew Rainbow Dash could win easily, they just hoped her enjoyment of fighting didn't cloud her judgement. Fluttershy whispered to herself.

"Rainbow Dash... please hurry. Please..."


"You... you bastard! You think you compare to me?! You think now you're this so-called 'Super Pony' you're better than ME?!!" Rainbow Dash was distracted by the beauty of her surroundings: the green, salt water stretched for as far as the eye could see, populated by land masses topped with dark blue grass. Maybe Equis would've looked something like this if ponykind hadn't evolved.

'Food for thought.' Rainbow Dash told herself.

"Well, let me tell you something!" Omega continued. "I practically own you! I own your friends. I own your planet! Hell, I own THIS planet! You live because I allow it, and you will die because I demand it!" Rainbow Dash retained her concentration now.

"Actually, you know what?!" Omega threw her hands into the sky with a hysterical grin on her face. She created a giant ki ball above her hands, which appeared like a void. Purple electricity crackled around it and it pulsated regularly. Rainbow Dash realised what she was thinking.

"NO WAIT!!" She plead in vain.

"FUCK THIS PLANET!!!" Omega threw the attack down. It collided with the surface of the planet, and exploded in a flash of blinding light.

Author's Note:

Took a while but I'm almost caught up with where I was before. Hope you enjoyed reading. 👍