• Published 27th Aug 2016
  • 587 Views, 4 Comments

Visit to a Different Ponyville - StormLuna



With the world at peace, Colgate is unable to adjust. She becomes frustrated and goes into the Everfree Forest where she finds a portal. She goes through this portal and the inhabitants in this other land help her get out of her funk.

  • ...
4
 4
 587

Sharing Her History

While Colgate was laying there unconscious the ponies couldn't help but wonder what was going on. They began to talk about what they think might be wrong with her. Rainbow asked, "Darlings, what do you think is wrong with her?"

Cheerilee replied, "I don't know and what I'm wondering is how she has both wings and a horn and how she can be so big."

Scootaloo, who had pounced on her earlier added, "And I'd like to know how she can just disappear and then reappear in a different place."

Pinkie laughed, "I think it was kind of funny."

Finally Colgate began to come to, "Ugh, where am I? What happened?" She looked up and saw the same ponies that she saw before. She asked, "Who are you and what is wrong with you? Why are your eyes so small?"

They decided that with the hit to the head she took that they could avoid the question. Rainbow said, "Darling, my name is Rainbow Dash."

"My name is Cheerilee"

"My name is Pinkie Pie."

"And I'm Scootaloo."

Colgate took a close look at them and realized that not only was Rainbow missing her wings and horn, but so was Scootaloo. She asked, "Scootaloo, what the hay happened to your wings and horn? You are an Alicorn after all."

Scootaloo gave her a confused look, "What is an Alicorn and why do you think I'm one?"

Colgate pointed to her wings and her horn. She replied, "I'm an Alicorn and you're supposed to be one too Scootaloo." She cast her gaze to Rainbow and continued, "And you as well." She then became agitated and shouted, "It has to be Twilight and her dark magic! She took your wings and horns so she could rise back to power!"

Finally one of the ponies had enough of Colgate and her weird claims, Cheerilee. She got in Colgate's face and said, "Listen, none of what you are saying is making sense. We want to know where you are really from and why you are here."

After being stared down by Cheerilee things began to make sense to Colgate. She realized that she wasn't in her world, that she wasn't in Equestria, that she was in a totally different place. She replied, "Well, for you to understand why I've been saying everything I have been I'd have to tell you about some of my past."

The four ponies nodded and motioned for Colgate to begin, "Well as far as who I am, my name is Supreme Commander Colgate, leader of the nation of Equestria."

Scootaloo interrupted, "What is Equestria?"

Colgate sighed, "Equestria is my homeland, it is where I am from."

Rainbow asked, "Colgate darling, earlier you were saying something about something being wrong with Ponyville. You said something about how once you killed Twilight your tower would be back and that we would be restored. What is all that about?"

Colgate replied, "Well back in my homeland I had an enemy, a very powerful enemy that went by the name of The Dark Goddess Twilight Sparkle. In my world she had been corrupted by an evil unicorn king and a wicked changeling queen. Once she was corrupted, she banished them to the void, she deposed Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, both of who ruled Equestria at the time and then took it as her own."

Cheerilee asked, "How does this pertain to your history?"

Colgate continued, "Because at one time I was her commander. For quite some time actually she was a good, competent leader. She is the one who transformed myself, a couple friends of mine and the rest of her friends into Alicorns to aid in her goal of global conquest. She actually had control of Equestria until I overthrew her and ended her tyranny. After that, Princess Luna banished her to the sun for a thousand years."

All their jaws dropped open when they heard this. Rainbow asked, "Darling, how would anyone banish someone else to the sun?"

Scootaloo added, "And wouldn't that kill her?"

Colgate replied, "You would have to understand the nature of the magic in my world and it's inhabitants. Ponies can survive being banished to the sun, the moon, distant moons and the void for millennia and survive. This happened to Princess Luna when her sister banished her to the moon for a thousand years for trying to kill her."

The four began to laugh. Scootaloo commented, "I don't know why you are saying this because that is impossible. No one lives that long."

Colgate glared at her and replied, "In my world, some ponies do. Alicorns such as myself are immortal. Yes we can die in battle but no illness or age can kill us."

Her mentioning immortality only made them laugh further, which frustrated Colgate greatly. She began to storm off, "Fine, I'm just heading home." Then she decided this could be her opportunity to end her boredom. She continued, "You know what? I'll bring my army through that portal and slaughter all of you! NOPONY laughs at Supreme Commander Colgate!"

When she mentioned the portal they began to chase after her. They had heard legends about a portal that led to a strange, exotic world. They realized that she must have come from that world. Once they reached her Rainbow said, "Colgate darling, we are sorry for laughing at you."

Cheerilee added, "We had no idea that portal was actually real. We just thought it was an old legend and that you were just telling us a tall tale."

Scootaloo continued, "Now we know that you aren't lying and that your world truly does exist."

Pinkie pleaded, "Please don't bring your army here. We're sorry for doubting you."

Colgate sighed, "Oh alright. I won't declare war on you." She saw a curious look in their eyes and added, "I take it you want to know more about me so you'll understand my world?"

In unison the four replied, "Yes, we would."

Colgate continued, "Ok, about when things changed with Twilight and myself. It was after she took control of the whole world that she began to travel abroad and not focus on her duties at home. That caused me and the army, which I had turned against her to seize power and liberate the planet, restoring the old world of five separate nations."

They gave her a confused look as they had a hard time comprehending this. Rainbow asked, "Darling, this is so much to take in. We know you are speaking the truth but could you simply tell us about why you think this Twilight pony is out to get everyone?"

Colgate sighed, "Yes, I can. For you to understand the history of my world dating back to Twilight's coronation as a princess, you would have to come to my world or I would have to bring all the history books pertaining to my nation's history here."

They nodded and motioned for her to continue. Colgate continued, "I'll let you know about the final days of Twilight's existence. When her and I had our final battle, the world had been in a state of almost non-stop unrest for 4,000 years. Yes there were times of peace, when Twilight was banished that things weren't all that bad but everypony remained alert worrying that she may return."

Cheerilee asked, "Is that why you are so nervous about her trying to hunt you down?"

Colgate replied, "Actually no. It was a little over a year ago that I finally ended any threats of her enslaving our world when I killed her. While the world breathed a sigh of relief when she met her demise, the world's culture had been changed forever. When everything started going downhill, the world, especially Equestria, had a culture of friendship and harmony. Now every nation has a more militant and standoffish mindset."

The four were curious as to what she did prior to all the wars. Scootaloo asked, "Colgate, what did you do before everything got so bad?"

Colgate replied, "I used to be a dentist. I was known as the best dentist in all of Equestria." Colgate began to break down, "I really miss those days, back when everypony was carefree and we didn't have threats like we do now."

Rainbow asked, "Colgate darling, you said that this evil pony named Twilight is dead. What other threats are there?"

It was at this moment that Colgate realized that her paranoia and the stress she had been causing herself for the past year was completely unnecessary. She replied, "To be honest, there aren't any threats anymore, I guess when a pony is in a constant state of either war or a threat of a war, she gets into a certain mindset and can't get past it even when the threat is no longer there."

Scootaloo asked, "So I take it you never adjusted to this post war world?"

Colgate replied, "No, I have not and I have no idea how to adjust."

Cheerilee suggested, "You said you used to be the best dentist in your country? Have you ever thought about returning to dentistry?"

Colgate sighed, "I would love to but being the leader of a nation pretty much makes that impossible. The duties involved in that are stressful enough and I simply wouldn't have any time to see patients."

While the four knew that Colgate was the leader of Equestria and highly doubted she would do it but one of them decided to ask. Scootaloo asked, "Colgate, have you ever thought about stepping down and letting someone else take over."

At first this caused Colgate to blow her stack, "What? Why the hay would I step down? Without me Equestria would fall."

Scootaloo replied, "Well it seems like this is causing you a lot of stress. I just thought that if you stepped down and let someone else take over you would be happier."

Colgate sat there deep in thought for a minute before replying, "Well I do have an excellent second in command, one who has been through nearly as many battles as me. I'll think about it." She yawned and continued, "I don't mean to sound like I don't want to share any more information but I'm tired. Do any of you have anywhere I can take a nap?"

Rainbow motioned for her to go to her house and replied, "Of course I do darling! Follow me and I'll take you to my guest bedroom."

Colgate followed her to her house and once she got the bedroom, she plopped down on the bed and almost immediately fell asleep. While she doubted it would happen, Rainbow did hope that she would take Scootaloo's advice. While at first Rainbow wasn't overly fond of Colgate, once she went into her history and stopped blowing up all the time, she developed a concern over her general welfare.