• Published 23rd Jun 2012
  • 1,349 Views, 18 Comments

The Adventures Of Vinyl Scratch And Octavia Auditor - NeonVibeBrony



What Happens When Two Totally Different People Are Mixed Into The Same Fate?

  • ...
1
 18
 1,349

The Lyre And The Trio

Octavia, Vinyl, Lyra, and Viola found there way to the lunch room and sat at a table at the far end.

"Alright. Lyra, will Viola be helping us too?" Asked Octavia.

"Who’s Viola?" asked Vinyl. Oh, right. She hasn't met Viola yet. thought Octavia.

"Vinyl, this is Viola. Lyra's roommate." Explained Octavia as she pointed to the Viola.

"And yes, I would like to help." Said Viola.

"Let’s all meet at four behind the school. Then we will go to where they hang out, ok?" suggested Vinyl.

"Right." Everyone responded simultaneously. Lyra got up to get her lunch, and the rest followed.

"Oo! Dandelion sandwiches!" said Vinyl and Viola. Octavia and Lyra sighed at the sight of it. They all went back to there table and took a seat.

"So Viola, we don't know much about you. Could ya tell us some stuff?" said Vinyl, trying to balance some peas on the tip of her hoof.

"Well, I'm a violinist, but I've always found myself to like to mix songs on computers a lot more." Vinyl’s face lit up when she heard that.

"Really? That's awesome! I thought I was going to be surrounded by classy ponies all year." said Vinyl. "No offence, Lyra and Octavia."

"None taken." they said together. Suddenly, someone came over and knocked the sandwich out of Vinyl’s hand. She looked up to see Greengun, the large stallion from the Race Horse Trio.

"That's for the scene in the hall." Sneered Greengun. Crowcut stood there looking saddened, and Ravenfeet was laughing. Vinyl stood up, picked the sandwich off the floor.

"And this is for the people you bully." Said Vinyl, then pushing the sandwich in Greengun’s face, the greens all over his face. Green gun put his hoof up, pulling it back, strengthening it to hit the musician square in the gut.

"Let’s just go, Greengun!" Crowcut yelled at Greengun. "What? Fine! Whatever." Greengun said. Vinyl winked to show thanks to Crow, but Crowfeet just turned away.

"That was odd." said Lyra.

"Let’s not question it, alright?" said Vinyl.

"Vinyl." Octavia said. "If you want, you can have the other half of my sandwich." Vinyl’s eyes lit up, tears forming.

"THANK YOU!!!" she squealed, engulfing Octavia in a death hug. She then grasping the other half and taking a big bite out of it. The four buddies all finished, and went back to there rooms to ready themselves to face Greengun. Octavia and Vinyl entered their room. Octavia and Vinyl sat on their beds until the clock hit four. They began to walk out the door when they saw Lyra and viola heading there as well.

"You ready?" Asked Lyra.

"Yep. You?" Vinyl said to Viola.

"As ready as I’ll ever be." Replied the mare.

"Lets do this then!" They trotted down the hall and out the back door of the school. The light blinded them for a second as the gang remembered they hadn't been outside in a few days. Lyra lead them to where the Race Horses hang out and they hid behind a bush.

"We are here." said Lyra. Octavia peaked out of the bush, to see Greengun and Ravenfeet playing with the lyre.

"Why are we hiding?" Said Vinyl, standing up. The rest followed her, as she approached Greengun. The stallions watched as the mares came up.

"Looks like the one with the crush just can’t stay away." Vinyl growled.

"Greengun, we came to get Lyra’s lyre back." Octavia said.

"Ha! We would love to give it back to you, really we would." Greengun said in a mocking tone, putting his hoof to his chest to show a fake concern. "But I like it way to much to do that." Greengun hit the lyre, to make a putrid screeching sound as he rubbed his hoof on the strings. Lyra glared at him.

"If you break that so help me!" Lyra snapped.

"Oh, but why would you care? It’s not like its yours anymore." Greengun said. He pushed his hoof hard against one of the strings, and Lyra watched it snap. Lyra couldn't take it anymore, she started to charge, but Octavia and Viola stopped her.

"It’s not worth it, he will just hurt you Lyra!" Octavia said, trying to calm her down. Lyra stopped trying to charge, and fell to the ground crying.

"Oh, and those look good too! Good enough for me, anyway." Green gun said, swiping Vinyl’s glasses.

"Hey! Those where my father’s, He gave them to me when he had to leave for a... trip... when I was little... Give it back!" Said Vinyl.

"Oh, such a sad story." Greengun said, showing again, fake concern. "Well, since your older, you won’t be needing these will you? Their not even as cool as I thought." Greengun said. He put his hoof through one of the lenses of the glasses, smashing the lens into small shards of glass.

"No!" said Vinyl. Suddenly, Greengun was kicked hard in the side of his face, sending him tumbling down the hill. But it wasn't Vinyl, Viola, Octavia, or Lyra.

"Run!" said Crowcut, tossing the lyre and glasses back to Lyra and Vinyl. It was Crowcut that had saved the day. "Go!" Said Crowcut. They ran off, Galloping back towards the school. Vinyl looked back to see Crowcut being bashed by Greengun and Raven.

"We have to help him!" said Vinyl.