• Published 23rd Jun 2012
  • 830 Views, 7 Comments

Over the counter happiness - kagynski87



A sad pony who's life is flipped by a filly Teen due to language

  • ...
 7
 830

Chp.2 Kids say the silliest things

"Thank ya doc for letting me come in early" Applejack said. To be honest I loved her hospitality.

"No problem Applejack. Any injuries that I don't know about before we start the routine check up?" I asked her.

"None at all doc, I have a clean slate of health" She said.

"I'll see about that" I said jokingly. "Take a seat on the table"

She hopped up on the table and I reached for my stethoscope. As I put it against her chest she jumped back a bit from how cold the stethoscope was. I instructed her to breath in and out so I could listen to her lungs and heart. Everything was fine but I kept listening to the rhythm of her heart. I am a big musician but I became a doctor to please my parents.

"Everything alright doc" AJ asked.

"What? Oh sorry, everything sounds normal" She let out a smile and we continued on with her check up. Details I am not going to describe now because they are a little explicit but for the sake of you guys she was "clean as a whistle" One way to put it. Anyway AJ was on her way after about an hour passed and I still felt completely exhausted. I just wanted to sleep.

But you have to push on and I did. After the next couple of appointments and a very unexpected encounter with a patient with hoof in mouth disease and it was my lunch break. Just as tired as I was I still had to work the late shift for any unexpected nightly emergencies. Which have been happening a lot more recently. Maybe because it is the summer and more teenagers were trying stupid things.

"Nurse Redheart, I'm leaving for my lunch break" I yelled into the room she was currently in.

"Got it doctor Star" She yelled back.

I couldn't shake this feeling of exhaustion away from me. I had no idea what it was. I wasn't getting as much sleep as I would like to but I was told that 7 hours is enough sleep. Anyway I was going around to the market in the center of town to try to find something to eat that was cheap. I didn't bring much money with me. My drowsiness was probably the cause of this. I sighed when I saw how much I actually brought.

"Only five bits. What was I thinking this morning?" I asked myself and I accidently got some unwanted attention. They gave me crazy looks and all I was thinking was "piss off".

"Hey mister you look hungry. Why don't you try some delicious Sweet Apple Acres Apples" This little filly yelled at me when I happened to wander in front of her stand. I remembered this little filly from this morning she had that red colored hair and the bow in it.

"Um mister are you alright" She asked me. I must have been in a daze from my under slept state of 7 hours.

"What? Oh sorry. I'm fine and no thank you I have some apples at home." I started to walk away but the filly yanked back on my tail.

"C'mon please mister? I got to make a sale, it's the only way of getting my cutie mark. Please?" She looked at me with those "irresistible can't say no to" kind of eyes.

"Alright I'll take an apple" I said. Those eyes man. They get what they want.

"That'll be five bits" She said with the apple in her hoof.

"Don't you think that is a little expensive for an apple?" I asked her.

"My older sis told me it was five bits for an apple" I was about to hand over my bits to her when someone stopped me.

"Applebloom! It's five bits for a bushel one bit for every apple. Doctor Star what are you doing here?" she asked. She must have not noticed me before she stopped my purchase.

"Out for lunch. It isn't often that I run into patients on the street" I said and let out a smile.

"Wait, patient? Does that mean you have seen my sister naked?"