• Published 18th Aug 2012
  • 974 Views, 13 Comments

For My Son - Cobra 1



My son was a Brony, now I'm in Equestria.

  • ...
13
 13
 974

The Reveal

"Dad?!" Asked my son, Jacob.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Um... I am a Brony."

I turned and said "What?!" I had heard of them before and I couldn't believe that my own son was a Brony. I was furious to say the least.

"I'm sorry, I didn't say anything. The kids at school make fun of me because of it."

My mood changed after hearing this. I decided to not make a big deal of this.

"It's okay, son." I said. We always had a connection, we both loved video games; we would play Mortal Kombat together and Super Smash Bros.

I decided to change the subject. "Son, let's play some Brawl."

"Okay... Dad I love you."

"I love you too."


One Year Earlier

*Ring Ring*

I move to pick up the phone. "Hello? This is James."

"I don't know how to tell you this, Jessica is dead." It's my friend Eric. I drop the phone and rush to my son, he was there the whole time. As I approach he moves to the living room and starts crying. I can't hold back the tears. I pull my son in for a hug. That night we slept in the living room.


"Dad?" My son asked, breaking me from my memories. "What character are you going to be?"

"Sonic, and how about you?"

"Sonic."

"What, that is who I am."

"He is like Rainbow Dash."

"Rainbow Dash? Who is that?"

"She's one of the ponies." Oh no that is why he picked Sonic. Well we had fun was all that mattered...


One Month Later

I was on my way home when something caught my attention. A car that looked like my son's, in fact it was my sons car, was... oh no. I immediately stopped.

"Out of my way that is my son."

"Sir we took your son to the hospital, follow me." Said an officer.


When we made it there, I was escorted to the room where my son was at. He looked terrible.

"Hey, dad." He said in a weak voice. I could tell he didn't have long to live.

"I'm here, son." I couldn't stop a tear from rolling down my face. The next thing he said caught me completely off guard.

"Will you live with me in Equestria when you die?" I couldn't turn it down, I didn't want to be remembered like that.

"Sure son. I will be with you."

"I love you... dad."

"I love you too, son." As the words leave my mouth, the EKG flatlined. I turned away and cried like I did when the news that my wife was killed, only this time I was all alone. I stayed there for about a half-hour before I was finally forced to leave.


Later that night I went home and did something I thought I would never do, looked on my sons computer and looked at his pony sites.

His homepage had some music, it was Ace Combat. We both loved those games. I looked at the things called fanfiction. I knew what this was, but I couldn't believe how much there was for the show. There was one genre that there seemed to be more of than any other was 'Human in Equestria'.

'Why the hell would one waste their time writing about being in a world that is from a little girls show?' I thought to myself. To further increase this strange thing was that most of them had the main character transformed into a pony.

After reading a few of the fics, ranging from god awful to pretty good, I moved on to his bookmarks for the show. When I saw the creator's name I couldn't believe it, Lauren Faust. Me and Jacob watched Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends together all the time. Further blowing my mind was some of the voice actors: Tara Strong and John de Lancie really stood out to me. Just as I was about to close out of the site, something strange occurred. The video lit up and... I can't explain it, it was as if a portal opened up and it sucked me in. It was too similiar to those damned stories.


I woke up in the middle of a field, but it was too colorful. Everything around me was too colorful. It was a cartoon-like style. I got up to my feet to find out what happend and check for wounds. I had none. I then spotted a city... settlement, whatever, in the distance and dicided that it was a good place to get some answers. Mainly where I was.

But then, as I started walking I felt a burning pain in my stomach. Then as soon as it started the pain subsided.

I soon came across a lake and it looked alright to drink from. As I reached down to get some water, I saw that my ears had moved and were horses ears. On top of this I noticed that my hair was longer and looked like a horses mane, the color was wrong as well; instead of my normal brown, it was now crimson with cream colored stripes. The coloring was fine, reminding me of the Oklahoma Sooners school colors (Jacob and I would often go see the football and baseball games), but it was a mane.

"What the hell is going on." was all I could manage to get out as another stroke of pain tore through me. My legs were getting shorter and my hands were fusing together. As this was happening my head was becoming more equine shaped. My torso was also becoming equine. Also more pain struck me as I felt something coming out of my back. I looked behind me to see a pair of wings. As my body finished its transformation I could see a tail, the same color as the mane, coming from my ass.

I was now a pony. I was given my answer right there, I was in Equestria. It was the only explanation: the pony form, the cartoon look, the wings; it all amounted to my being in Equestria. This is where my son wanted me to be.