• Published 15th Jul 2016
  • 2,990 Views, 63 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: Masters of Tomorrow - Golden Flare



Your name is Eternal Void and you have had an ordinary life as a Keyblade wielder at Crystal Prep; no friends, hardly any family, and no lover to hold...that is, until, you met six unique people.

  • ...
9
 63
 2,990

Chapter 1: At Dusk, I Will Think of You

The final bell had finally rung and everybody in CPA were headed home for the weekend, especially you. But instead of your normal path home, you decided to take the scenic route and enjoy some of the sights Canterlot had to offer. You honestly preferred the quiet suburbs over the big city, where most of the Crystal Prep students live, the city was too noisy for your tastes anyway.

Suddenly, you bumped into someone.

"Oof!"

"Sorry, pardon me!"

You noticed the voice almost immediately, it was Twilight.

"No, no, it was my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going."

You didn't give her a chance to respond as you just continued your trek home, if you'd stayed a little longer, you would have noticed the look of surprise and disbelief on Twilight's features. On your way home, you passed by the local farm owned by the Apple Family, your aunt and uncle go there every now and again to sample their delicious apple-related foods. In the front yard you saw a pre-teenage girl with red hair and yellow skin playing with a toy Keyblade, but her movements and posture were all sloppy.

Maybe someone here is a Keyblade wielder, you thought.

You figured you could offer some pointers for the girl, so you walked over as she was practicing and heard her sigh.

"It's hopeless, Ah'm never gonna be ah Keyblade Master..."

"Not with that attitude, you won't." you say, startling her.

"Who're you?"

"Tell me something, are focusing on heavy hits or speedy hits?"

"Um...speedy hits."

"Then you're doing it all wrong. Prep your legs up like you're getting ready to run a marathon, then loosen the grip on your Keyblade slightly, if you keep your fingers loose, you can increase your dexterity, thus allowing you to initiate more speedy and complicated combos, just let your momentum handle the rest from there."

"Thanks fer the advice, mister, but, uh, why are ya helpin' me? Aren't ya from Crystal Prep?"

You just smile, "I guess you could say, I have a soft spot for children. And you? You remind me of myself when I was your age."

"I do?"

"In a way, yes."

"Well, thanks again, mister."

"No need to be so formal, just call me Eternal, Eternal Void."

She smiles as well, "Okay then! Then you can just call me Apple Bloom!"

You chuckle, "Alright then, Apple Bloom. Maybe I'll see you around."

You took your leave, but not until you heard Apple Bloom shout to you, "See ya later, Eternal Void!"

You turn back and wave to her as you continue on, intent on getting home. When you turn a corner, a voice spoke behind you.

"Thanks."

You look behind you and see a country girl about your age smiling at you.

"Ya know, fer helpin' ma sister out back there."

You twist your body around to face her fully, "It was no problem. She has a lot of potential."

She chuckles, "Yeah, she sure does. Oh, Ah'm Applejack, by the way."

"Eternal Void."

"Nice ta meet ya. Ya know, it's funny, talkin' ta a one of our school's biggest rivals like it was completely normal."

"'Biggest rivals'? You mean, you're from Canterlot High School?"

"Yeah. Ya don't mind, do ya?"

"Not at all, I prefer to speak to somebody without their nose in the air."

That got Applejack to laugh, "Ain't that the truth?"

You chuckle, not having a good conversation like this in a while, "Yeah. Well, I better get home, my aunt and uncle are probably worried sick."

"Wait! Ah wanted ta ask ya something."

"Fire away."

"Well, since me an' my brother, Big Mac, are always busy with the farm and schoolwork, maybe you could come over and teach Apple Bloom some more techniques."

"Hmm..." you think on this; it WOULD be a good opportunity to get out of the house every once in a while, and you never cared what other people thought of you, so you thought this wouldn't be a problem, "Alright, I'll take your offer."

"Yee-haw! Thank ya so much!" Applejack smiles brighter than before, "Ya know, yer nothin' like the other students at Crystal Prep."

"Yeah, I'm not one who cares about the school's reputation, I just want to work hard, learn, and use my Keyblade abilities to better the world."

"If ya say so." Applejack turns around, "Welp, see ya on the weekend!"

"See you then."

As you and Applejack walk your separate ways, you can't help but smile at the conversation you two made, it made you feel warm inside, much like when your parents were still around. You continue to think on that while you head back home.


Once you arrived home, you explained to your aunt and uncle the plans you made over the weekend, making them smile.

"Aww! Our little nephew's making friends!" your aunt gushes.

You look to the floor, "I am NOT making friends..."

"Eternal," your uncle began, draping an arm around you, "don't you think it's time to let go of what Master Flintheart told you and just accept friendship into your heart?"

"I can't. Friendship is a distraction, and the Keyblade is more complex than a simple heart."

Your words seem to quiet the only family you have left in this world, making you feel a little guilty. But you push it aside, not letting the matters of the heart overwhelm you.

"I'm gonna head to bed, good night."

With that, you go upstairs, not hearing what your aunt and uncle were discussing when you left them.

"I blame that selfish mentor of his for making him this way." your aunt said, "My sister and her husband should've sent him to learn under Master Celestia or Master Luna."

"Now, dear, I understand you're upset about our nephew throwing away his childhood, but the damage is already done, all we can do now is be there for him."

"He's obviously bottling up his emotions so he doesn't have to deal with them, and he can't do anything about it because Master Flintheart," she spat his name, "poisoned his mind about the heart, that it was feeble and didn't matter."

"Be careful, Eternal could be hearing us right now. Besides, if you curse his name after he died preventing the second Keyblade War, our nephew will never let us hear the end of it."

Your aunt huffed and stormed into the kitchen, "He was better off dead anyway."

Your uncle sighed as he went to bed, letting sleep take you and him as a new day comes over the horizon.


You woke up early, ate your breakfast, and headed out to Sweet Apple Acres, luckily, you memorized the route you took so you could find it again. When you arrived at the farm, you noticed Apple Bloom waiting for you with her toy Keyblade in hand.

Guess the Apple Family must be early risers, you theorize.

"Hey Eternal!" Apple Bloom called out as she ran to you, "Mah sister said you'd be teachin' me new Keyblade tricks, is that true?"

"If it wasn't, I wouldn't have gotten up so early to do so," you say with enthusiasm, "now let's get started!"

"Yay!"

"Alright," you pick up a stick as a makeshift weapon, "now let's start with the basics..."

You showed Apple Bloom some basic swings and combos, how to have a feel for magic, and even block attacks. You were a good teacher, and Apple Bloom was an even better student, somewhere in your mind, you hoped to ask Applejack if you could take her under your wing once you become a Master.

Wait, where was this coming from?

Take a little girl under your wing?

Master?

You never cared for any of that, and yet here you are, thinking about it.

What was happening to you?

"Eternal?" Apple Bloom's voice pulled you from your thoughts, "Are ya okay? Ya spaced out on me."

"...Y-Yeah, I'm fine."

"Okay then."

"I think that'll be all for today."

"Alright, Ah'll go tell Applejack we're done."

Apple Bloom went into the orchard to do just that while leaving you to ponder what the heck just happened to you.


The next day of the weekend arrived faster than expected, and after teaching Apple Bloom a little more, you decided that it was time to take a break. An elderly woman with lime green skin stepped outside and called out to Apple Bloom.

"Apple Bloom! Time fer dinner!"

"Okay Granny!" Apple Bloom called back, then turned to you, "Sorry, I really wanna learn more, but..."

You smile reassuringly, "It's okay, your family comes first."

Your words brighten Apple Bloom's spirit, "Thanks, Eternal!"

She runs into the house as you get ready to leave.

"Hey."

You were stopped by a group of girls, but they weren't the Shadow 5, nor were they from Crystal Prep, and you were pretty sure they looked suspicious of you. The one who spoke was the girl with the rainbow hair.

"So you're the guy we heard about from Applejack."

You had to assume that they were from CHS as well as Applejack, meaning you had to choose your words carefully, "Look, I don't want any trouble, I was just leaving."

The rainbow haired girl gets in your face, "You may have fooled Applejack, but not me! I'm watching you, buddy!"

"Rainbow Dash, take it easy!" the fiery haired girl said, "If Applejack said he was okay with her, then he's okay with us." she approached me, "I'm so sorry about Rainbow, she tends to act without thinking."

"It's okay, I'm used to that kind of hospitality." you said.

"Really? Why?"

"Because five out of the Top 12 Students of Crystal Prep hate my guts."

"Why did you say that like it was a completely normal thing?" Rainbow asked.

"Cause that's the norm for me."

"Wow. You must've done something to peeve them off."

"Nope, just don't care about the things they care about, that's all."

"Then what DO you care about?"

"I'm not going to answer that, because I feel like this is an interrogation."

"So what if it is?"

"Rainbow..." Sunset chastised.

"What? It's just a question."

"A scathing question." Sunset points out.

"If you two are going to have a spat," you begin, "I'm just gonna be on my way, gotta get home in time for dinner."

With that, you step aside and leave the group, heading home.

Still...

You can't help but feel like you're going to see them again very soon.