• Published 8th Jul 2016
  • 1,140 Views, 13 Comments

The Belle Of a Nightmare - Cloudheartswirl



Nightmare moon was defeated, right? That is until Sweetie belle comes across something.... very special.

  • ...
0
 13
 1,140

Chapter 4- The Nightmare Rises

The Belle of a Nightmare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4

“Come on y'all!” Applejack yells behind her as she runs. Fluttershy, Rainbow dash, and Pinkie pie follows from behind her.

“So, what do you think is going on?” Rainbow asks. Just a few minutes ago Twilight used her magic to shot a a cutie mark signal at the sky from the castle, calling out to her friends.

“Ah, don't know rainbow, but ever it is, it can’t be good.” Applejack says. They get to the castle and trot inside only to see spike waiting for them.

“Spike! What’s going on? Where’s Twilight?” Applejacks asks.

“Twilight is upstairs, she’s with Princess luna and Rarity and…..” Spike says, sounding worried.

“And….. who? Is there another pony up there with them?” Rainbow dash asks this time. Spike sighs.

“Twilight will tell you everything, right now, I’ve got to get hold of Princess Celestia.” Spike gulps.

“If the worst happens then…… we might need a bit more help, after all, we can’t use the elements, they are back with the tree!” Spike says to himself as he walks away.

“What do you mean if the worst happens?!” Rainbow dash yells after him.

“Oh dear, what’s going on?” Fluttershy squeaks.

“Maybe it’s not that bad! Oh my gosh!! What if it’s an attack of giant cupcakes?! I knew this day would happen!!” Pinkie says, trying to lighten up the mood.

“I don’t think it’s that pinkie….” Rainbow dash says.

“Ah, don’t know what's goin’ on, but I guess we are about to find out…” Applejacks trots upstairs. The others follow her. As they walk down the hallway they see Twilight standing by a guest room door. As the they get closer, they see bright lights of magic flashing, coming from the room door.

“Twilight! What in the hey going on now?” Applejacks asks as they approach Twilight.

“Oh thank celestia, you guys got here quick! We….. we have a problem on our hooves.” Twilight says.
“What kind of problem? Cause if it’s like a discord problem then--”
“No rainbow, it’s a different problem.” Twilight cut Rainbow off.
“Right now….. Sweetie belle is in a deep sleep and is trapped in the dreamscape.” Twilight says sadly. The rest look at twilight, with horror and confusion.
“In a deep sleep? Trapped??” Applejacks says in confusion.
“If Sweetie is in a deep sleep, Where’s Princess Luna?” Fluttershy squeaks. Twilight signs.
“It’s best if you it see for yourself….” Twilight says as she opens the door. They all peer into the room, only to gasp in horror. Floating above the guest room bed was a ball of black magic, inside laid Sweetie belle, soundly asleep. Right beside the bed, Rarity trying to hold back some tears while right beside her, Princess Luna using her magic, trying to enter Sweetie belle’s dream.

“Princess Luna is trying the best she can to enter Sweetie belle’s dream and hopefully once she does, She might have bring us along with her.” Twilight says.

“What do ya mean, Twi?” Applejack asks.

“Whatever or whoever did this, could possible in the dreamscape with her. We will have to face to what is doing this. But…. it might not be in there with her, so we have find the pony or thing, or at least find on how all of this started....” Twilight says. She turns to Pinkie.

“Pinkie, I want you to go to Carousel Boutique and search in Sweetie belle’s room. Look for anything out of place. Here, Rarity gave me the keys.” Twilight gives the keys to Pinkie Pie.

“Pinkie is on the case!” Pinkie says then hops away. Twilight turns to Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

“Applejack and Rainbow, I want you two to talk to Applebloom and Scootaloo. Maybe they know something, they are her friends after all. But it’s best not to tell them what’s going on with Sweetie belle. We don’t want to alarm everypony in ponyville.” Twilight says.
“Not sure on how we’ll be able talk around it, but we’re on it. Let’s go, Rainbow.” Applejacks says then trots away with Rainbow.

“Um…. what should I do twilight?” Fluttershy asks.

“I need you to go talk to Zecora. If Luna can’t break into Sweeties dream, then we might have to try out other things.” Twilight says.

“Ok, I'm on it. But…. what you going to do Twiight?” Fluttershy asks. Twilight sighs.

“I'm going to try and comfort Rarity, she’s not taking this too well.” Fluttershy nods and trots away. Twilight looks back into the room where Rarity is. In certain situations, Rarity would either be dramatically upset or dramatically bold. However this time, she was either. This was a side of Rarity she’s never seen before. Rarity is in complete fear and trying to keep in her other emotions in. But so wouldn’t. Coming from the dark ball was a dark unsettling feeling of fear and doom. And to Twilight, it seemed all too familiar.

In the Dreamscape……

I trot down the stairs to see Rarity sewing some dress. Is she making something new? Oh well it doesn’t matter right now.

“Um Rarity?......” I say as I trot up to her.

“Hmm? Yes Sweetie?” Rarity says, not looking in my direction and continues working.
“Um I have to tell you something….” I say.
“Oh well, could you tell me later Sweetie? I have to take these new line of dresses up to canterlot today.” Rarity says as she finishes the new dress and puts it in a box with others. Rarity then gets dressed herself, ready to go out.
“Well, actually it’s kinda important, it’s about what I found at the old castle….” I say. However it’s doesn’t seem like rarity is listening.

“Hmm, Yes, Yes, That’s good, Bye now!” Rarity says as she trots out the door.
“But…..” I say to myself. Rarity usually hugs before she leaves…. And she would definitely listen to what I had to say. It… kinda stings my heart a bit.

~ Looks like Rarity has abandon you….. ~

“What? No! Rarity would never do that! Rarity just, has a busy day ahead of her, that’s all.” I say to Night mare.

~ The what would you do when she no longer needs you? ~

“W-Well, I…. I….. T-That would never happen! Rarity will always need me!” I say, Though my I feel my heart being torn at a bit. Seriously, who asks a question like that. Stuff like that, hurts me on the inside. Well, I better go see twilight next. I sigh then trot out the door.

Meanwhile In the waking world……

Applebloom and Scootaloo wait at the CMC clubhouse, waiting for their friend, Sweetie belle. Applebloom trots back and forth.

“Where in the hay is Sweetie belle?” Applebloom breaks the silence.

“I don’t know! Maybe she’s just caught up with something, like, helping Rarity with a new dress!” Scootaloo says. Applebloom signs then opens her mouth, about to say something.

“Applebloom! Scootaloo! Are ya’ll up there? I need ya’ll to out here.” They hear Applejack calling them from outside of the clubhouse. Applebloom and Scootaloo look at each other, confused, then both head out of the clubhouse to see Applejack and Rainbow dash waiting for them.

“Rainbow dash? What’s going on?” Scootaloo asks.

“Yeah, what’s goin’ on? …… we’re not in trouble, are we?” Applebloom asks.

“No, little sis, We just came here to asks ya a couple of ah questions.” Applejack says.

“Yeah, It’s about Sweetie Belle.” Rainbow dash says. Applebloom and Scootaloo look at each other once more with a worried look.

“What about Sweetie?” Scootaloo ask.

“Yeah, Do you know where she is?” Applebloom asks as well, staring at Applejack.
“W-Well yes, but uh, that doesn’t matter right now, we uh, wanted to know uh if...” Applejack stutters, Trying her best not tell her little sister and her friend what’s going on. Though she feels her sisters stare look right through her.

“Look, We just want to know if there was anything weird going on with her for the past couple of days.” Rainbow Dash cuts in, saving Applejack from blabbing the truth and her sisters stare. However it’s already too late as both Scootaloo and Applebloom start to realize what's going on.

“Is Sweetie belle ok??” Scootaloo asks worriedly. Applebloom turns to Scootaloo in a freaked out state.
“Uh course she’s not! Sweet Celestia! I told her that armor was trouble!” Applebloom shouts. Applejack and Rainbow look at each other in confusion. It only takes them a couple of seconds til both, Applejack and Rainbows eye’s shrink and then back at the crusaders.

“What armor???” They ask simultaneously.

Back in the Dreamscape…..

I trot throughout Ponyville only to see that there was no pony around. Where is everypony? On a sunny day like this, I though almost everypony would be out, But I guess not. Im kinda freaked out right now. Wait a minute…. Ahead of me I see some ponies. It’s …. Applebloom and Scootaloo! Thank celestia, at least there here. It looks like they are with ….. Gabby? What’s she doing here? Is she here to deliver some mail to Rainbow dash? Well it’s great to see her again! As I trot up to them as they seem to be talking about something.

“Hey guys! What’s up?” I ask as I get to them. They stop talking, and turn to look at me. They look at each other then look at me again.

“Oh um….. Hey Sweetie belle.” Applebloom says kinda dryly. Is…. is something wrong?

“Uhh….. Hey there Gabby! It’s nice to see you again, how are thing going?” I ask her. However she just shifts her wings and doesn’t say anything.
“Umm….. is everything alright?” I finally ask. There is definitely something wrong.
“Well yes but…… it’s just…..” Applebloom says.
“It’s just we don’t need you anymore.” Scootaloo says, blundly. W-what…… I can feel my heart breaking.

“W-what do you mean…..?” I ask, my voice cracking up.

“Well lately you’ve become….. Dull, just plain dull. Plus you’ve been kinda a jinx with THAT thing around your neck.” Applebloom points to the Armor on me.

“B-but I'm going to see Twilight, right now! I'm going to tell her about it! Like about getting rid of it!” I say.

“After so long after you lied about having it? Do you think she’ll trust you after that? What other lies have you been telling, huh?” Scootaloo angrily says. I…. I…..

“That’s why our good friend friend Gabby here, is going to fill your place. After all she’s a lot better at doing things then you.” Applebloom says as Scootaloo nods. I look at Gabby, I was about to cry.

“Sorry Sweetie Belle, but that’s just how things are, we’ll see you later.” Gabby says as she turns around and walks away. Applebloom and Scootaloo trot behind. I just... stand there for about a minute with tears streaming down my face. How…. How could they……. I run towards twilight’s castle.

In the waking world once again…..

As Fast as she could, with Applejack running behind her, They head towards Rarity’s Boutique. They slowly down a bit as they get closer to the place.

“I can’t believe Sweetie, would do something like that! Doesn’t she KNOW not to do something like that?!” Rainbow says, a bit angry.

“Ah, don’t know what she, was thinking but we have to see it for ourselves if she really does has it.” They get to the front door and just as Applejack is about to open it, The Door opens and Pinkie pie springs forth and tackles Applejack to the ground.

“Gah!!” Applejack says in surprise.

“APPLEJACK!! You’ll never believe what I found!” Pinkie yells.

“Well, what? Tell us!” Rainbow says.

“WellfirstIfoundsomereallyprettydressthatIthoughthatneededsomemorecolorandmostlypinkand--” Pinkie says talking really fast.

“PINKIE! First off, slow the down and did you find anything weird in Sweetie belle’s room?” Applejack says, cutting pinkie off and gets up from the ground.

“Oh! Yeah ! The only thing I found was this!” Pinkie holds up the piece of Nightmare Moons armor. Both Applejack and Rainbow Dash look at it with horror.

“We need to get to Twilight quick!” Rainbow dash says.

“G-Girls!” Applejack was just about to say something, when Fluttershy comes running up to them with a couple of er animals.

“Fluttershy, what are you doing here? I thought you were going to see Zecora!” Applejack says.

“I-I was but I saw that some of the animals in the forest, freaked out. I was able to calm them down. Once they did, they told me about something being taken from the old castle. And that the air feels just dreadful!” Fluttershy says while some of the animals cuddle to her.

“Yeah, we just found the cause of it…” Rainbow dash says as she points to the armor. Fluttershy gasps.

“Come on Y’all! We got no time to waste! We to get back!” Applejacks as she runs towards Twilight's castle. The rest follow after her.

Back in the Dreamscape……

As I get closer and closer to Twilight’s castle, more hot tears stream down my face. Why would they do this to me?! We’ve been friends for almost like forever! And they just decide that they don’t need me anymore?! I-I…. I just…...why?..... I wipe away the tear to see that I'm in front of Twilight’s castle. Twilight…. Twilight will help…..She can get rid of this thing and I-I’ll get my friends back…. I walk up the stairs and knock on the huge door. The door opens and Spike comes out.

“Oh, Hey Sweetie Belle, what are you doing here?” Spike says.
“H-Hey Spike…. I-I need to see Twilight, it’s r-really important…” I say, though i'm still pretty shaken up.

“Sorry Sweetie, Twilight busy right now, and she really doesn’t want to help with some ponies problem.” Spike says bluntely.

“B-But it’s a friendship problem! And I-I need to show her this!” I point the Armor around my neck. But Spike just shrugs.

“Sorry, There’s nothing I can do. You're a grown mare, you should be able to take care of it yourself.” Spike says. I….. I can’t believe what I'm hearing. I can feel myself about to cry once again.

“Oh, I almost forgot, Rarity send this letter from canterlot, She wanted me to give this to you.” Spike says as he gives the letter to me.

“Well, Bye!” Spike goes back inside and slams the door in my face. I sniff then trot towards the boutique. Why is this happening to me? I swear I did nothing wrong! Why would everypony treat me like this… I get to the boutique and trot inside. I look at the letter. Do I really want to open it and see what rarity wrote to me? I have a bad feeling. But….. maybe it’s some good news. I sigh then open and read the letter.

Dear Sweetie,

It’s seems that my new line of dresses are going to well in canterlot, that I decided to move to canterlot! So I'm leaving the old boutique to you! Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine. Just make sure that you have everything you need, since your going to live there from now on.

From, Your Sister, Rarity.

I feel my heart fully shatter into pieces. Why would she leave me like this?! Does….. She not need me anymore as well? Why….. WHY?!?....... I tear up the letter and run and into my room. I take the armor on me and throw it against a wall. I then jump into my bed. I feel more tear stream down my face. I hate it….. I hate this day…. I hate THEM! I just want to dream…. I close my eye’s for minute and open them to see that I'm back at the dark grey dream area. I look around to that there is no pony.

“Night mare?.... Where are you?...” I called out to it.
“Yes my dear, I'm right here” I Turn around to she the Night mare behind me.

“I… I had the worst day in my life!! Why…. Why did everypony treat me so badly like that?! Why?!” I yell while crying.

“Because my dear, it was the simple truth, the horrible lies are now revealed.” Night mare says.
“Truth?! How is that the truth?! I thought….. I thought….. That would never happen in my life….” I sniff. Night mare puts a hoof around me.
“I know my dear, the truth hurts….. But It’s time for your light to shine.” Night mare says.

“W-what do you mean?...” I wipe away my tears.
“I help you become a better than them, better than your friends, and better than your sister.” Night mare says as she opens up her wings. Night mare extends her hoof.
“If you take my hoof, I can be apart of you. Apart that can wipe away the sadness and how the world who you really are, and that you are not to be ignored!” Night mare says. I don’t know what to do…. I want to just go away and hide myself from the rest of world, so that I won’t have to deal with any of this but……. Another part wants to get revenge and show that…… I'm more than a useless pony….. I don’t want to be ignored….. That I'm more than what my cutie mark tells me….. I raise my hoof and take Night mare hoof. I suddenly see a dark grin on her face. I…… I'm sorry everypony….. Everything then goes black.

Back at Twilight’s castle……

“Ugh!!” Princess luna grunts as she uses the last of her magic at the black magic ball. There was no signs of it breaking at all. Princess luna stumbles back a bit, trying to catch her breath.

“T-This thing……. Won’t crack!” Princess luna says.

“Please Luna, you have to break it! Y-You have to save Sweetie!” Rarity says while tears go down her face. Twilight quickly trots over to Rarity and puts a hoof on her.

“Rarity…. You have to calm down! Princess Luna is doing her best to help Sweetie but we need to stay calm!” Twilight says.

“STAY CALM?! How could I stay calm while my sister is trapped in celestia knows what that is!!” Rarity yells. Twilight, kinda hurt by Rarity words steps back abit.

“Miss Rarity, Please, Twilight is right, we must stay calm. Trust me when I say, I will get Sweetie belle out of this.” Luna says to Rarity. Suddenly the rest of the group comes on in. They have a worried look on their faces.

“Girls! Did you find anything?” Twilight trots over to them.

“Yeah, but you're not gonna like it….” Rainbow Dash says. Twilight looks at them with a worried face. Applejack sighs.

“This is what pinkie found in Sweetie’s room…..” Applejack holds up the armor. Twilight, Rarity, and Luna look with a terrified face.

“No… it can’t be….” Luna stumbles. Luna is gripped with fear. The memories of Nightmare moon flood back to her.

“B-But how did Sweetie belle get this?!” Rarity asks.

“Apparently, When You and Sweetie went to the Old castle, She found that and secretly took it. That’s what Applebloom and Scootaloo told us…” Applejack says.

“Oh Sweetie…..it’s my fault….” Rarity cries. Fluttershy puts her wing around Rarity.

“Oh Rarity, it’s not your fault, No pony saw this coming…” Fluttershy says.

“But I did! I knew I should have done something sooner!” Princess Luna says. Suddenly the black ball gets bigger and glows darkly. They all turn to see that they could no longer see Sweetie belle through it. Princess Luna quickly throws a blast of magic at it but it does nothing as it gets bigger. Suddenly cracks start to form.

“Everypony! Take cover!” Twilight yells. They all get down to the ground as the ball explodes. The room is covered in dark fog. One bye one they get up to see a dark figure standing on the bed.

“S-S-Sweetie belle?.....” Rarity slowly trots over to it then gasps.

“Ehahaha…… oh what good it is to be alive again…..”

Author's Note:

http://fav.me/dakjirx

hehe~ here's Nightmare Belle~!