• Published 4th Jul 2016
  • 375 Views, 2 Comments

Celestia's School for Fearful Students - nobody_in_particular



It started with Sweetie Belle (an arachnopobe), Button Mash (an aquaphobe), Pipsqueak (a thantaphobe), and Diamond Tiara (a claustrophobe). The four enroll in Celestia's School for Fearful Students, where they must conquer their fears in six weeks.

  • ...
 2
 375

Diamond Tiara

As any reasonable person would notice, Diamond Tiara is not the kind of person you would want as an enemy. But unfortunately, Diamond Tiara hated everyone except her best friend Silver Spoon. But even Silver Spoon was bossed around by the girl. Nobody knew why Silver Spoon put up with Diamond Tiara, or why Diamond Tiara had mild respect for the silver girl. Perhaps it was because Silver Spoon’s parents were rich, as was Diamond Tiara’s parents.

Diamond Tiara also knew something that nobody else knew. She was highly claustrophobic. Diamond Tiara also carried a purse around with her. It wasn’t to carry her make-up or phone, which she stored in her backpack. The only thing in her purse was a pair of handcuffs. Diamond Tiara never told anyone who found out about the handcuffs their true purpose. However, everyone saw what they were for when they went on a field trip to the space museum.

Of course, Diamond Tiara had called the museum before and checked to make sure there were stairs. Luckily, there were.
A group of forty-seven kids walked into the museum.

There were normal goings-on happening in various places. Silver Spoon was taking selfies on her phone; Sweetie Belle was fumigating the place, and Scootaloo was labeling the different parts of the unicycle she had drawn on the back of her hand.
She was put into Mr. Cranky's group.

“Alright, kids.” he had said when they got there. “It’ll take about three trips to get us all into the elevator-“

Diamond Tiara’s hand shot up. “Mr. Cranky.” she said. “I’d much rather take the stairs.”

“I apologize, but the stairs are being painted today. We will have to take the elevator.”

Diamond Tiara gulped nervously, but tried not to let anyone see. “I don’t care if they’re being painted. Won’t the fumes just up my immune system or whatever?”

“We have not got time for this. You will get into the elevator.”

“I refuse.” said Diamond Tiara, her anger rising. Cranky walked over. He stepped behind her, put his hands on her shoulders and forced her to walk toward the elevator. Diamond Tiara forced her heels into the ground, making the rubber soles squeak on the tile floor.
She knew this day would come. She never knew when it would come, but she knew that eventually someone would try to force her into a confined space.

Quickly, Diamond Tiara ducked and dashed between Cranky's legs and ran. He tried to keep up with her, but her slender and lanky form gave her more speed. She ran to one of the rocket exhibits and as fast as she could took out the handcuffs. She cuffed her ankle to the rocket before anyone could do anything.

“There.” she said, panting for breath. “If you want me to get into the elevator, you’ll have to take the rocket, too.”

Cranky stood up. He had tripped over part of one of the exhibits and hit his shin so hard he might have broken the bone a bit.

In the end, Luna confiscated Diamond Tiara’s handcuffs and forbade her from going on anymore field trips. Diamond Tiara was to stay at school and write an essay on the elevator.

Filthy Rich and Spoiled Rich were not bothered by the fact that their daughter was doing more work. But the Riches’ were the kind of parents that liked to brag about their children’s accomplishments, and Diamond Tiara’s museum escapade hardly ranked as an accomplishment.
Filthy Rich was close friends with Big Macintosh, whose wife was the librarian at CHS. She had heard about what Diamond Tiara did and immediately knew how to help.

Cheerilee was one of the only teachers in CHS who knew about Celestia’s School for Fearful students. The only others who knew were Luna and Fluttershy.

One morning Diamond Tiara woke up and looked out the window to see her mother and father waiting by the mailbox, looking around as if they were waiting for someone.
Turns out they were waiting for someone: the mailman. Rather odd, as Diamond Tiara’s parents never went near the mailbox until it was overflowing with letters. The mailman looked around to see if anyone was watching before giving Filthy Rich a bright pink envelope. Filthy Rich shoved it in his pocket and started walking quickly into the house, followed by Spoiled Rich.

Diamond Tiara opened her door a crack and watched as the two came inside. Filth Rich pulled the letter out of his pocket and looked around. Spoiled Rich whispered something to him. She took the letter and put it in the empty teapot.

She started to glance in Diamond Tiara’s direction, and quickly Diamond Tiara flung herself onto her bed.

Spoiled Rich’s voice rang through the halls. “Diamond Tiara, we’re going off to work now.”

“Um, okay.” Diamond Tiara said quickly, wanting to see what was in the letter.

She heard the front door open and close. She looked out her window and watched as her parents’ cars pulled out of the driveway.
As soon as she was sure they were gone, she ran into the kitchen and took the empty teapot. She pulled the bright pink envelope out and stared at it.

In fancy gold printing were the words Celestia’s School for Fearful Students.Diamond Tiara carefully opened the letter not wanting to rip it. She read the letter and gasped. It said she was to report to the Canterlot bus station at 9:00 A.M. on Monday, May twenty-fifth.
She licked the letter shut, returned it to its hiding place and sat on the couch.

She whipped out her cell and called Silver Spoon. The ring sounded four times before Silver Spoon picked up. “Hello?” she said in a voice that suggested she was still half asleep.

“Silver Spoon!” Diamond Tiara exclaimed. “My parents got this letter in the mail and they’re trying to hide it from me. It says I’ve been accepted to Celestia’s School for Fearful Students and I don’t know what it means! I hope they’re not shipping me off to some summer school but I think they are. It says I should report to the bus station on May 25th!”

Silver Spoon was quiet for a minute.

“Diamond Tiara.” she finally said. “It’s 6:50 A.M. on a Saturday morning. I don’t care if you’re parents are sending you to a different planet for summer vacation. I want to sleep in!” Silver Spoon hung up on her end.

Diamond Tiara groaned and shut her phone off. She was in deep trouble. Nothing good ever started at a bus station.