• Published 4th Jul 2016
  • 375 Views, 2 Comments

Celestia's School for Fearful Students - nobody_in_particular



It started with Sweetie Belle (an arachnopobe), Button Mash (an aquaphobe), Pipsqueak (a thantaphobe), and Diamond Tiara (a claustrophobe). The four enroll in Celestia's School for Fearful Students, where they must conquer their fears in six weeks.

  • ...
 2
 375

Sweetie Belle

Author's Note:

The first four chapters will be a bit short because they are just prologues.

*CAST*

Sweetie Belle as Madeleine Masterson
Button Mash as Garrison Feldman
Pipsqueak as Theo Bartholomew
Diamond Tiara as Lulu Punchalower
Discord as Munchauser
Principal Celestia as Mrs. Wellington
Granny Smith as Schmidty

Canterlot High School sat on the edge of a forest. Exiting the school were three girls.

One tangerine with maroon hair, another with red hair in pigtails and butter yellow skin, and the third with white skin and curly pink hair. The third wore a belt of bug repellent and she wore a white veil that covered her face, but her face could clearly be seen under it. She was spraying a can of repellent around her.

Scootaloo sneezed and said, “Sweetie Belle, could you not spray that in my face? I think I’d like to avoid going blind today.”

“Sorry Scootaloo, but as I recall telling you for the last three months, I do not take kindly to insects.” Sweetie Belle said, her voice carrying the slightest inflection of a British accent like Rarity.

“What’s with this new fear of yours?” Apple Bloom asked, using her homework to fan away the fumes.

“I just don’t like bugs! Especially…” Sweetie Belle gave a shudder. “Spiders.”

The other two Crusaders stared at her. “What? You would be scared too if a spider crawled over your face.”
“Spiders crawl on my face all the time.” Scootaloo said with a hint of what sounded like pride. “There are always a bunch of spiders at my house.”

“Scootaloo, where do you live?” Apple Bloom asked.

Scootaloo opened her mouth to speak. “I live right by the…”

“Hey losers!” shrieked a voice.

“Oh no.” Sweetie Belle groaned. “Not them.”

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon walked up to them.

“What the heck, Sweetie Belle?” Diamond Tara asked in mock horror. “Bug repellent? Even though it smells horrible, at least it’s a step up from how you usually smell.” Silver Spoon cackled at her best friend’s nasty remark.

Sweetie Belle saw a bright purple convertible pull up. “Sweetie Belle!” came Rarity’s voice from the car.
Sweetie ran towards the car and climbed into the passenger seat. “Rarity, has the car been fumigated today?” Sweetie asked. “Of course.” said

Rarity. “I do hope you’re not fibbing. I can tell, you know.”

They were silent for a few minutes. “Rarity, can I ask you for a favor?”

“Sure. What do you need?”

“I would much appreciate a grounding, maybe one that lasted all summer.”

Rarity laughed. “Sweetie, it’s going to be like camp. You’ll love it there.”

“But Rarity, camp is outside. With bugs and dirt. You hate those things, too.”

“I don’t go around with a veil and cans of repellent.”

Sweetie Belle sighed.

The next week, Rarity couldn’t find Sweetie Belle anywhere.


She went up to Sweetie’s room and opened the closet door. Sweetie was laying there, the mosquito netting from her bed wrapped around her.

“Sweetie, what are you doing?” Rarity asked.

“Sorry Rarity, but I’ve been kidnapped.”

“Who on earth would kidnap you?”

“Well, there was no one around to do it, so I had to kidnap myself.”

Rarity nodded. “Any reason in particular for the kidnapping?”

“Vice Principal Luna is making me go to school without my veil or repellant! It’s cruel and unusual punishment.”

“If I talk to Luna and convince her to let you keep your things, will you call off the kidnapping?”

Sweetie Belle considered this “I suppose.” she said.

Later the next day they got a call from the school guidance counselor, Fluttershy.

The two sisters entered the office.

“Hello. I am Ms. Fluttershy, the guidance counselor.” Fluttershy said.

“Fluttershy, it’s your best friend and her sister. You can skip the lines that I know for a fact you’ve been rehearsing.”

Fluttershy frowned. “Fine.” she said. Fluttershy locked the door and huddled close to the sisters.
“Sweetie Belle, what I am about to tell you is confidential and is not to be shared with anybody except me or Rarity.” Fluttershy took a deep breath.

“There is a school not known by many, but it really helps cure fears. It is called the School for Fearful Students.”