• Published 6th Jul 2016
  • 230 Views, 7 Comments

A Love Worth Waiting - JediWyrm



A story of a pony as he grows up, and the love he finds.

  • ...
 7
 230

Chatper 1: Foalhood.

A young Earth Pony foal was trotting around the large house. His family has having a reunion and all the adults were mingling as they caught up on their lives leaving the foals to entertain each other. However all the other kids were older than him so there wasn't anypony for him to play with.

That changed soon enough when more of his family arrived. They landed outside having flown from Cloudsdale. As they entered the house a young filly jumped from her mother's back, small wings fluttering to help her descent.

As they were only a few months apart in age, their parents shooed them off to play together.

“I'm Thag.” said the marble coated earth pony.

“Alto.” Said the filly, brushing her blue/green two-toned hair out of her face.

“Let's explore the house, maybe we can find some toys to play with.” He said.

“Sure. It'll be better than listening to the adults talk.” She replied.

Sometime later found the foals in a bedroom, bouncing around as they played with toys. Alto jumped off the bed and landed on Thag's tail, before grabbing onto the red hair and pulled him out from under the bed.

“Aha! I have drawn you out of your base, now fear my minions.” She cried in triumph while gesturing at the toys she had lined up on top of the bed.

“Well, I guess I have no choice but to... Tickle my way to freedom.” He said, before using his hooves to tickle her tan coat.

As Alto fell to the floor laughing, Thag slipped away to the other side of the bed to plan out his next move.

Several years later Thag Vertice was enjoying his summer vacation when he heard some ponies landing out front. A few moments later Alto came out to the back of his family's house.

“Hey. My family is passing through and thought it'd be nice to spend a few days with yours.” She said timidly.

“Cool.” He said, before kicking a ball over near her. “Was just playing around, wanna join?”

“Sure.” She replied, her wings fluttering quickly before kicking the ball back.

They were soon running around the yard as they played with the ball. Shortly they were called in for dinner. Staying inside afterwards they played in Thag's room until it was bedtime.

The next day found them playing on some of the equipment at the playground. Pretending to be adventurers running around and exploring dangerous ruins.

The day after that found Alto Chisel and her family leaving so that they could finish going home.

A couple of years later she returned to spend a a couple weeks with Thag. She had learned how to fly and enjoyed being able to show her new skill off. During one lazy day she decided to gather up a small amount of cloud to rest on.

“Clouds are so comfortable, you should try it Thag.” She said, pushing the cloud next to the ground before landing on it to rest.

“I don't know if that would work very well 'cause I'm not a pegasus.” He said, waving a hoof carefully through the cloud.

“Gotta be a way for you to be up here as well. Hmmmm. Oh, I can stay on it, so you just stay on me.” She reasoned.

Alto pushed the cloud down a little further to let Thag climb onto it easier. She laid down as he jumped lightly, trying to land on her back without hurting his cousin. After some maneuvering he laid down with his head next to hers, having been careful so that he wasn't laying on her wings.

They stayed there for a little while, chatting about what to do next. Once they had decided they jumped down and went to go swimming down at the lake.

As they swam the had fun splashing each other, pretending to be sea monsters and just enjoying the water.

After several days of growing closer and having fun, Alto eventually had to go home.

Some months later Thag received a letter from her, detailing that she had gotten her cutie mark in cloud sculpting.

Thag manged to get his own cutie mark while working on a science project that required him to build a replica of a pyramid.

That year Alto came to stay with him again. This time it ended up being around the Summer Sun Celebration which meant that they got to play with fireworks.

The two of them had just finished gutting many small firecrackers to make one large one. They took to a remote area of the park and tried to set it off. It took some doing before they did get it to explode. Afterwards they played with sparklers and enjoyed launching bottle rockets.

The next day Thag and Alto went swimming, reprising the games played when they were younger. Later that night, as the sun was setting they enjoyed the firework show the town had arranged.

The day after she showed off her talent at shaping clouds by making several cool statues and other things for them to play around. Thag explained his talent at doing equations since it didn't lend itself to being displayed easily.

Having spent a lot of time getting to know each other and growing closer as friends, Thag found that he had started to have a crush on her.

Alto had taken to teaching him how to be a gentalecolt and instilling a sense of chivalry into him. She also liked to listen to music alongside him.

His family decided to take a trip up to the mountains a week after the celebration, both for some hiking and to enjoy the snow on the heights.

“Heads up.” Alto said, just before tossing a snowball at Thag, who was quick to retaliate.

The fight didn't last for to long before his family called them in so they could head down the mountain for lunch and to go hiking along some none snow covered trails.

Alto returned home a couple weeks later. She and Thag continued to trade letters for some times as they grew up.