• Published 15th Jun 2016
  • 329 Views, 0 Comments

The Dawn Follows the Sunset - JesterintheNight



Many strange happenings go on at Canterlot High, and no one seems to take notice of this. Who has been keeping all this quiet?

  • ...
 0
 329

The New Student at CHS

Author's Note:

Hey everypony I want to apologize for the long delay in this chapter truth be told it's been done for a month. But I had been holding off on its release because my MS Word expired and all my work couldn't be copied because of that. But I also remembered I sent a copy to my girlfriend for proofreading, so I copied the email and set it up here. Though I will gone for awhile until I can renew my membership please be patient until that time. For now here's a new chapter I really hope you enjoy it~

The Dawn Follow the Sunset
Chapter 3: The New Student at CHS

“Move move move! Excuse me!”

A young man screamed out as he dodged and weaved between the crowded streets of Canterlot. Bumping into people here and there as he ran like a bat out of hell, looking behind him at the screaming people he almost knocked down. He’d scream back sorry a few times, as he reached an alley he turned quickly into it.

“Shit! Shit!” He said, looking behind him he noticed a police officer trying to move between the crowds looking for him. Panicking he quickly moved down the alley, reaching a fence too tall to jump over. And it was covered with barb wire at the top, biting his inner lip as he thought. Glancing around the alleyway he noticed a fire escape ladder that was a few feet taller than him. If he could get a boost he could reach the ladder and get over the barb wire. As he continued to look the officer ran into the alley.

“Gotcha little punk!” The teenager turned around, seeing an angry officer as he took out his handcuffs. “Hey listen, that was completely by accident I swear!” As the officer got closer the teenager saw he was covered in coffee, laughing nervously the teen backed up a bit. As the officer lunged at him, he dove to the side as he did his bag swung into the officer knocking him on the ground. The officer fell to his hands and knees, the young man smiled.

“Excuse me!” He said, running at the officer he stepped on the man’s jumping right off him. Grabbing onto the ladder he pulled himself up, he then leaped off landing in a roll on the other side of the fence. The officer grabbed the fence in anger cursing at the young man who laughed nervously. “S-Sorry sir, I’m late!” He waved bye to the officer and took off running once again, reaching into his vest jacket he took out his phone.

“7:58am! Shit!” He cursed shoving his phone in his vest he picked up the pace, seeing the school in the distance he doubled timed it. As he reached the road right in front of the school, he came to a stop as a car beeped almost hitting him. Jogging in place as several cars belonging to teachers, students, and parents dropping off their kids zoomed by not stopping. He glanced at his phone once more, 8:00am!

“Oh come on!” Backing up a bit, he lowered himself into a runner’s position. 3…2…1…Go! He counted down in head as he kicked off the ground, dodging the first car the owner shaking his fist screaming “Crazy kid!”. Another car almost hit him but came to a stop right in time, the young man jumped over the hood sliding effortlessly across it. Landing on his feet he ran up the path leading to the school, as he did he saw a young lady with pink hair rubbing her head in pain. Stopping for a moment a little surprised, he walked to her offering his hand to her.

“You okay Flutts?” He said, the young girl with pink hair looked up blushing a bit. He smiled softly at her, she turned a little red hiding behind her hair but took his hand. Standing up she looked down at something in her other hand, he released her hand looking at it. It was a golden crown with the gold leading to a purple gem six point star, it looked familiar…

“Isn’t that the Fall Formal crown?” He said, she nodded briefly “Where did it come from?” she shrugged once nervous to talk. “Oh come on Flutts we are lab partners and you still can’t talk t-?” He was about to finish his sentence til the school rang giving the final warning, his eyes widen as he took off going to the steps of the school pausing once.

“Listen Flutts, ya better get that to Princess Celestia or else they might think ya stole it!” He cried out running up the stairs leaving the pink haired girl, she looked down at the crown a bit panicked. “He’s right, oh my...” She sheepishly said, jogging after him she stopped and turned around picking up several flyers quickly…

“You’re late Mr. S-“ The young man nodded lightly cutting the teacher off. “Yes I know Miss. C. Sorry, my car is in the garage.” The young man said to his teacher, the teacher rolled her eyes at him before continuing to write on the chalkboard. The young man sat down at his seat behind a girl with cyan color skin, and a rainbow colored hair. She turned around in her seat whispering…

“D, it’s still in the garage?” She said, D glared at her. “What do you expect when a certain girl loses control of her bike and jumps off it to avoid being hurt. But instead sends the bike into my windshield, shattering it, and broke the steering wheel off? Well RD?” D said annoyed, RD turned a bit red in the face rubbing her back of her head.

“I said sorry already geez, I said I’d pay for it.” D laughed lightly “The repairs are $3000, so sure pay me.” RD’s eyes widen as a dumbfounded look spread across her face. “$3-3000?!” She stammered out loudly, only for Miss. Cheerilee to walk up while RD’s eyes were on D.

“Miss. Rainbow Dash, if there an issue?” She said in an annoyed tone, Rainbow turned around quickly laughing nervously. “Na teach everything is coooool” She said in her normal relaxed tone, a tone she’d use when she wanted to show off. Cheerilee rolled her eyes before going back to the front to continue writing on the broad. Rainbow whipped around in her chair once again glaring at him.

“You coulda told me she was coming!” She said in a whisper, D simply grabbed his school book from his bag. Opening it up he pretended to read, growling at him a bit she turned around. Her long hair almost smacking him in the face but he backed up a bit dodge it. He smirked at the back of her rainbow hair, and actually started to pay attention as first period began….

About 45 minutes later and an angry Rainbow Dash later first period ended. D had grabbed his things quickly and left the classroom, next was gym with Rainbow Dash. To make matters worse, it was dodgeball day. He was in no rush to get laid out today by her, so why not just skip it? He looked around, seeing no teachers around he moved to the boys bathroom quickly. Slipping in he tossed his bag on the sink counter and looked in the mirror.

“I look like I just woke up…” He said annoyed, running his hand threw his flame colored hair. He noticed that his orangish eyes looked tired, sighing lightly. He looked his peach colored skin over, no bags under his eyes thankful. Reaching into his olive drab vest he took his phone out, he still had 4 minutes til it was safe to leave the bathroom. Instead of stuffing it into his vest like normal he stuck it in his blue jeans, in the pocket with a star cut in half with what looked like several rays of light coming from it. Taking his vest off, he kept his black tee shirt on.
Pushing the vest into his backpack he took out a Red Stallion energy drink, pulling the tab a small hiss was heard almost echoing. Smiling he saw a faint amount of vapor rise out of the open can, blowing it once he took a long drink.

“Ahh… that’s it…” He said with a large smile, he could feel the carbonation burning his throat. The pain almost intense enough to make a tear come to his eye, a worthwhile pain in exchange for staying awake. He had after all lost his coffee to a pissed off cop, though he was planning to save his back up energy drink for lunch. He could just walk to the store nearby since he had the time now, alright he had a mission. Throwing his backpack on again, he peeked out of the bathroom door.

“Coast is clear…” He said to himself, slipping out he moved to the front entrance quickly. No teachers in sight thankfully, he’d hate to explain why he wasn’t at gym to one of them. As he got out the front door he noticed one of the students walking his dog, weird pets weren’t normally aloud on campus. Speaking of which, there was another student with their pet dog in front of the school statue. Though it was even stranger the dog is purple fur with a small tuff of green hair on top of its head. And it even had green ears…

“Poor things fur is probably dyed, though strange choice of colors” D’s eyes moved to the girl beside the dog, she looked panicked. She had dark purple hair, and a lighter shade of purple skin. Her attire was all purple as well aside from her blouse which was a shade of sky blue, and a 6 point purple star surrounded by smaller stars on her skirt. The star looked a lot like the star on the Fall Formal crown, weird. D’s eyes moved to the girl’s face, deep purple eyes full of panic…

“She must be new, never seen her before.” He said, she was on her knees freaking out as she looked at her hands. “Now she must be new, she had that new girl panic…. I think, never seen a girl freak out that badly” D thought, he walked down the front steps of the school. As he reached the bottom steps what he saw was strange, the dog was now placing a paw on the girl’s mouth to quiet her screaming. Now it looked like they were talking though he couldn’t hear it from where he was until she yelled out.

“Let’s go Spike!” She got on all fours, as her dog climbed on her back. She then started to almost gallop to the school, was this a circus performance? Was there a talent show? No that was next month, he never owned a dog but he was pretty sure that dogs walked themselves. New trend maybe? Like planking, or… God forbid twerking.

Though as the girl got halfway to him she came to a stop, then turned to see the student and his dog just staring at the circus performers. As she stared back she quickly stood up as if realizing that walking on all fours wasn’t normal. Standing up quickly she knocked the dog off her making it slam into the ground, though it quickly got up. As she stood up she shook a bit as if off balance, with a few shaky steps she walked toward him; as she got closer she grabbed the railing that led up the stairs.

“E-Excuse me, but where am I?” She asked sounding nervous, her dog right as her heels. “Canterlot Highschool?” He said as if he wasn’t sure himself, she nodded accepting the answer. “Right, and what are these?” She raised her hand up to him, the other holding on for dear life to the railing.

“Hands?” D answered, was she an escaped mental patient? She looked normal enough but her actions proved much differently, she nodded then looked thoughtful. Almost like she was learning so much, like a newborn. Her next question told him she was in fact insane “And can you tell me where to find Sunset Shimmer?” D’s eyes tensed up as he glared at the girl.

“What’s your interest in Shimmer?” The girl looked nervous now from his words, that were almost deadly sounding like saying that name was poisonous. “S-She took something from me…” She said, D’s eyes soften a bit another victim of Sunset Shimmer’s bullying. Poor girl, she’ll never get back what Shimmer stole.

“You’re new I can tell, but if Shimmer stole something from you. You won’t get it back, now not to sound rude but I need to go.” D walked away from the strange girl, she raised a hand to try and stop him. “H-Hey wait can you at least help me find her!?” She cried out, D froze about 10 feet away from her and turned around.

“Help you find Sunset Shimmer? HA your funny and insane, I’m on good terms with her. And plan to keep it that way thanks!” He yelled beginning to lose his patience with her, he was running out of time for second period. Plus she wanted help finding Shimmer, which he was on good terms with before she turned into a demon. Turning away once more he began to jog, she cried out after him.

“Can I atleast know your name!?” She screamed, he spun around walking backwards. “Dawning Star!” He screamed, spinning back around he took off running leaving the new girl behind. Though he barely made it to the corner store buying himself a few more Red Stallion energy drinks, and a bag of kettle chips. As he exited the corner store still sipping at his first Red Stallion he noticed out the corner of his eye a yellowish brown skinned boy. With seaweed green hair, he had a daydreaming appearance on his face as he spoke on his cell phone.

“Snails?...” D said to himself, Snails was one of Sunset Shimmers little posse of misfits. Snails turned to notice Dawning staring at him, he looked slightly nervous as he quickly turned away walking back toward CHS. D tilted his head a bit confused, Snips and Snails normally avoided him when it came to who they bullied because they feared Sunset Shimmer’s wrath. D after all used to be Sunset’s best friend before she changed so much, he didn’t treat her like an outsider when she was new like everyone else did. Even gave her to tour or the school, and
the city as Vice Principle Luna’s request since he had lived in Canterlot his whole life.

Sunset quickly learned everything, though she did it in the same matter almost to that other new girl. He should of asked her name, in case she needed a tour as well. Oh well, maybe it was for the best he didn’t get involved with her, since whatever happened between her and Shimmer could get him out of Sunset’s good graces. Which as fun as it is to be picked on, he wasn’t in any rush to get into it.

But back to the matter at hand, Snails looked nervous of D as if he knew something D didn’t. Sighing lightly, he shouldn’t get involved with it but if Snails was nervous Sunset could be in trouble… Chugging the last of his drink he pulled the tab off shoving it in his pocket, then tossed the can into a nearby bin. Taking off after Snails it didn’t take long to catch up since Snails wasn’t expecting D to follow, and D was taller than him. So he could cover more ground faster, as he finally caught up they ended up by the bleachers of the school soccer field.

This time though Snails was with a boy with blue skin and orange hair, a scissor symbol on his shirt. Snips, slipping behind the bleachers without a sound D listened in on them. Straining his ears as he listened in…

“So Shuttershy found the crown?” Snails said, Snips nodded “Yeah Sunset Shimmer screamed at her saying it was her’s then some new girl came up standing up to Sunset.” New girl? Must be that strange girl from earlier, wow she worked fast in finding Shimmer. Snails spoke up next “Did Sunset Shimmer shove her in a locker!?” He sounded almost excited at the idea Snips smirk but shook his head. “Na she let her off with a warning, lucky she’s new.” The two boys snickered together, but froze when D appeared behind them both.

“Hey boys, ya seen Sunny?” Snips jumped forward slamming into Snails, who failed to catch his shorter/ fatter friend. The two came crashing down but they looked up at D who smirked down at him. Before kneeling back down to their height, his voice turned cold for a moment.

“Where’s Sunny?” The two boys hugged each other as Snips spoke up. “S-She’s in the shed s-skipping Science!” He said in a panic, D’s eyes turned to the sports supply shed. Of course she’d be there, patting Snips head once. “Good boy” He said before walking off to the shed, Snips exhaled before looking to Snails who he was still hugging. “Ah! Get away!” The two began to push and shove against each other as their = backpacks got tangled up…

D slid the shed door open since it was unlocked, to be greeted by a girl with blazing red/yellow stripped hair and a natural amber skin like almost like the color you get after tanning. Her almost bacon looking hair was in a ponytail as she read her science book, she wore a purple blouse with a blazing red and yellow sun on the front. With a purple and yellow stripe that was across an orange skirt. Nearby was a black leather with a pair of black tall biker boots, with a small stripe of purple. They were neatly set up beside her as she sat on a pile of gym mats, her soft cyan eyes didn’t even look up at him as she read.

“Sunny.” D calmly said, Sunset Shimmer looked up at him. As her mind recognized him, a beautiful soft smile pulled at her lips. “Daws!” She sounded almost excited to see him, she closed her science book tossing it onto her coat. Which tapped one of her boots knocking them down, standing up with her bare feet she walked to him looking up.

“What brings you here?” Her eyes almost lit up, D couldn’t help but smile at her. This was the Sunny he knew from back then, the girl who didn’t push people around to get what she wanted. The girl he met back then on her first day, she only showed this side of herself to him though… Why he couldn’t figure it out.

“I heard about what happen with Flutts, about how you yelled at her.” He said, her pleasant smile faded a little. “What about it?” She said almost defensively to him, his smile faded as well. “The crown isn’t yours, you need to win it fair and square like you did first year.” Her smile was now completely gone as her beautiful eyes turned to a glare, turning away from him she grabbed her jacket slipping it on.

“That crown is mine, it was my destiny to have it.” She said, she grabbed one of her boots slipping it on. Then she grabbed the other, as she did Dawning leaned against the wall. “Why is it so important that you win it?” He asked, she didn’t look at him. “Because Celestia kept me from my destiny.” His eyes tensed up a bit “Principal Celestia, is keeping you from winning a highschool crown that won’t mean anything after we graduate?” She picked up her book and walked to the door only for him to step in her way.

“Sunny, talk to me. What’s going on with you? Your acting like this crown is more important to you then anything.” She glared up at him and grabbed the front of his shirt shoving him away. “You wouldn’t understand but know this you get in my way, I’ll crush you. I don’t care about you or anyone else.” She said bitterly, before sliding the door open and slamming it shut behind her.

“Sunny…” He quietly said as he starred at the closed door, rubbing the back of his hair in defeat. This wasn’t the first time she said that to him, that he didn’t matter or did anyone else. Though one time she said anypony, correcting herself quickly. That aside, she’d always talk to him later as if nothing happened. He’d never demand an apology or anything but somehow he had a feeling that this time… things would be different. A feeling in his bones that something was coming and that, the new girl was involved somehow…