• Published 15th Jun 2016
  • 329 Views, 0 Comments

The Dawn Follows the Sunset - JesterintheNight



Many strange happenings go on at Canterlot High, and no one seems to take notice of this. Who has been keeping all this quiet?

  • ...
 0
 329

The Dawn of a New Day

Author's Note:

This is an older story I have been working on here and there, so figured I'd release some of it. Hopefully some people enjoy it, this is a Sunset Shimmer x OC story.

Chapter 1: The Dawn of a New Day

A cold fall day, a day where the leaves start to change to their beautiful reds, yellows, and light colored browns. A normal everyday high school stood in the glow of the setting sun, it’s window ablaze with the last light of the day. The statue of a colt stood proudly out front the schools courtyard, the eyes gazing into the blinding red light. As if watching the last of the light disappear from sight, as it watches another figure from the shadow of the building watches the sun set as well. It’s hood covering it’s head as it leaned on the corner of the school building, as the suns light fully disappeared over the horizon of buildings and houses in the distance the figure turned its gaze to the statue now engulfed in darkness.

“It should be soon…” The figure said in a hush to the darkness around it, it brought its hand to the hood sliding it under the hood before pressing on something that had a small click. It spoke once again in a hushed tone…

“1900, nothing to report so far. The portal rema…” The voice died as it’s eyes set on the ripples that formed on the surface of the pedestal wall closest to the school. The figure took a step back to hide around the corner but stood out enough to be able to set the statue.
1901, portal is being opened standby…” It said paying close attention to the wall, eyes gazing the wall a figure suddenly flew out making the figure move further behind the wall to avoid being seen. It remained out of sight listening carefully for anything…

“Ouch… rough landing” A female voice said, the figure peeked out looking at a female figure. She wore a short skirt that was just above the knees, it was mostly a shade of orange with a yellow and purple stripe on the side. Black boots that rode up almost uncomfortably high at least to the figure it looked uncomfortable, they were black except for a small amount of purple on the front of both boots. A black leather jacket that was zipped up to keep the cold out a bit, though in a skirt the figure doubted it was too warm for the girl. The female figure gazed up at the school, though the hidden figure couldn’t make out any facial features it noted that her hair was crimson color with a several yellow stripes going through it, and her skin was a nice shade of amber.

“Figure is female… age appears to maybe be 16. Could be wrong, is dressed like a high school. Boo…hold on target is moving.” The figure said, it was true the female was moving over in the hidden figures direction. The figure quickly moved away from the corner of the school to the soccer field that laid next to the school. There was an equipment shed beside the field, the figure slide behind the shed without a sound as the female peeked around the corner.

“I thought I heard somepony…” The female said, “Somepony?” the hidden figure thought. She’s defiantly not from this world, plus she’s slow. The figure had to move 200 feet to reach the shed, she only had to move 50 to reach the corner. The girl stepped out a bit shaky holding the corner of the wall for support, using the shadow of the shed the figure peeked out at the girl this time taking in her features.

“Small nose, slender facial structure, cya…” The figure pause as it gazed into the female’s eyes, they were a beautiful shade of cyan. That seemed to match her hair perfectly, the shadowy figure just stood there looking into her eyes before a voice in its ear said something.

“Agent, say that again? You cut off.” The voice said, the ‘Agent’ moved behind the shed fully sliding a hand under the hood to press the button on an ear piece. Speaking in a hushed voice. “Had to retreat, female almost spotted me.” The ‘Agent’ said, peeking out once more the female was now kneeling on the grass running her hands over the wet grass before grabbing a handful and ripping it out of the ground. A few loose blades slipped free falling onto her amber colored knees, she then slowly opened her hands to watch the grass fall completely free like it was alien to her.

“I’ll have to get used to using these.” She said in a slightly confused tone, but she slipped something off her shoulders slowly taking several glances around her. The ‘Agent’ squinted his/her eyes straining to see what it was only to realized it was a backpack, how’d he/she not notice that when she exited the portal. She opened the back reaching in only to pull out a medium sized bag, what kind of bag the ‘Agent’ couldn’t tell. But the figure could faintly make out the sound of coins moving around together.

“Quarters? No what were those coins called? Bits? Bits, I believe they are called.” The figure thought as they watched without a sound, as they did the ear piece came back on.

“Agent status?” The voice said sounding slightly inpatient, sliding their hand under the hood once more they pressed the button.
“Target is MIA, repeat MIA…I shall be returning to base shorty. Will update then.” The figure said quietly, the voice cussed silently before confirming with a “Roger, have your report by tomorrow morning. Nightlight, turning off.” The voice said going silent for good, the figure took the earpiece out before sliding it into the hoodie pocket. Peeking out once more at the girl, who had now disappeared from sight. The figure blinked several times before moving away from the shed to the corner of the school.

“Where did she go?” He/she said silently, once again taking a peek at the statue. Negative, nothing. Crap, the figure looked to the road faintly making out someone moving across the road slowly. “Found you” the figure mumbled before moving away from the wall, in hot pursuit of the girl. Swiftly crossing the road it hid behind a fence listening carefully.

“No pony is around, good… I look like a drunk foal right now.” She said slightly aggravated with herself, the figure peeked around the corner.
“Foal? Does that mean fool in Equestria?” The figure thought raising an eyebrow, it swiftly moved to the front of a car ducking down without a sound. As he/she peeked out it quickly ducked down, the girl was looking in the direction of the car.

“I feel like somepony is following me…” She said before taking a few shaky steps toward the car, she quickly moved to the front looking in the spot the figure was only no one was there. She stood up scratching her head for a moment, before looking around.

“Maybe Celestia, sent somepony after me…” She shook her head a few times before continuing on her path down the sidewalk. Going right past the figure who was pressed up behind the car, without being noticed she passed right by. It watched her silently, then moved from the car to a nearby blue mail box.

“Celestia? Princess Celestia?” The ‘Agent’ thought as it watched the girl turn the corner, moving quickly to the corner it peeked around seeing the girl crossing the road. As she did a loud screech was heard from down the road, eyes snapping to a speeding car flew down the street in both the girls direction and the figures.

“Look out!” The figure yelled out, the girls eyes snapped right to the car. She stood there frozen for a moment before she tried to jump out of the way only to trip over her own boots. Not waiting, the figure moved away from corner without a second thought.

“Shit!” Cussed the ‘Agent’ as it moved toward the girl, she looked up before her eyes widen in panic. She tried to push herself to her feet, in a kneel position she tried to crawl away only for the figure slip it’s hands around her arms with a sudden jerk it pulled her out of the way just as the car sped by. Falling back, the figure landed flat on it’s butt, the back of the girls head slammed into the figures chest knocking the air out of it’s lung. Coughing slightly, it released one of her arms to try and cover it’s mouth. The other held her arm tightly, the girl hit the figure several times in the shoulder trying to get free.

“I’m not going back! She won’t keep me from my destiny!” The girl screamed out, the figure released her standing up swiftly. It stared down at her quietly before snapping eyes to a shop that was still open, the owner came out with a broom.

“Hey you okay kid!?” The fat owner said, the girls eyes snapped to the man then to the figure only they were was gone. Her eyes searched the streets only seeing the large owner, some more people came out to see who was yelling but the figure was nowhere to be seen. The man came over to her offering a hand to help her up, she looked at it for a moment before placing her hand awkwardly into the mans. Pulling her up, he noticed she had a small cut on her amber colored knee.

“Oh your hurt why don’t you come in, I got a first aid kit you can use.” He said walking in the direction of the store, she followed slowly after him. As she reached the door she looked around once more seeing no one she cautiously entered the store to get patched up…


…..
…….

“Who was she talking about? Princess Celestia? Destiny?” The figure said as it watched from the shadow of a nearby alley, it’s eyes followed the amber colored girl to the shop. As she went out of sight the figure reached into it’s pocket taking out the earpiece looking it over, clicking the earpiece on. The light turned on indicating it was ready, for a moment the figure thought about reporting this.

“No… I better not” It said turning the piece off, it dropped the earpiece before stomping hard on it to shatter the piece.

“They can’t track it now…” It mumbled before sliding the hood back, revealing their features to no one but the surrounding darkness. Turning on their heels they ran down the alley, jumping onto a dumpster they quickly scaled the fence beside the dumpster. As they hopped over the fence they disappeared into the darkness…