• Published 11th Jun 2016
  • 293 Views, 14 Comments

fires of time - gaara watkins



a story about an outcast called light as she looks for a cure for a strange magic that burns within her

  • ...
 14
 293

sub chapter 1.0 (unedited)

The Start

The heat of the mid day sun was hot and heavy over the the path to dodge junction the mild worm breas blow through the trees ether side of the path, witch made them seem restless.


Not much had been said after the talk about the magic on necklace around her neck. The Pair were just walking in to the small ram shackle town when light saw the almost lost expression on drakes face as he shifted almost like he was trying to hide from the town it self.


" Are you ok" she asked with a worried tone
Drake snapped up strait almost like he forgot he was with some one.


" W... What yea... Just. I don't come in to towns that often" drake said looking at the nearby ponies the same way a sheep would look at a pack wolfs.


Picking up on drakes distress light tryed to think of something to help her new friend " why don't we get something to eat "
That seemed to make the pony dragon hybrid perk up as they walk in to the town proper.


It wasn't a very big town.... Well more of a dusty street in the middle of a feald. The only busy part of the town was the train yard at the far end the few ponies that was in the so called town just glared to the dragonpony with thinly hidden contempt.


Light trotted up to a elderly blue mare in a white bonnet, the mare was a earth pony that was light blue with a silver mane that still portrayed the the bight gold it used to be, the bonnet she wore was old and battered but the dark oak cane she used to walk was new it's glossy surface reflected the light almost like a Mirror.


light new this because when she and drake was just out of hoofs reach of her she pointer the cane strait in lights face and shouted " keep that thing away from me" in a voice best described as glass braking


light was shocked by the sudden outburst as drake tryed and failed to hide in a nearby water troth " we only want to know where the local inn is" light muttered trying not to shout back to the old nag
the old mare shouted something about " dragon curs" and " death of the sun" and bolted down the road faster than any old nag had any right to. leaving light standing there like a lost doll and drake staring out of neck deep water.



" don't mind nanny Tails i'm fairly shore she spat her bit years ago" a thick southern accent said from a nearby doorway
the voice was coming from a short filly with a broken rock cutie mark " you said y'all was looking for and inn right?" the filly said with out missing a beat
" y... yes" light stuttered still confused be the old mars outbursts
"the hay stay it just down the road, can't miss it only places with beds, food and boozes in the same place"
light was just about to say thank the filly when an almighty crash came from over by the water troth , light snapped around to see drake in a muddy heap on the floor, the troth on its side and muddy water rushing everywhere.



the filly just laughed and muttered " city folk" as she started for the train yard