• Published 22nd Jun 2016
  • 634 Views, 33 Comments

Equestria Girls (How I Would Have Done It) - Calligraphy Legends



Rarity's a fashionista who wants to help run the school, Rainbow's an athlete with a small temper, AJ's a farm girl who keeps to herself, Fluttershy's the quiet one, Pinkie's the glue holding them together, and- Who's Sunset Shimmer?

  • ...
15
 33
 634

|:Chapter 4:|

The light filtering into the room was just another reminder to Rainbow Dash that instead of sitting in Earth science at that moment, she could be outside. Dash didn’t mind school, but she just wished it didn’t last all day. Back at Cloudsdale High, sports were a huge deal. Half of her day there was spent outside doing sports. Then her parents had told her she was going to be a part of the exchange program…

She hated it, but her grades were slipping and she was getting into a lot of fights. Sure, all of them were against bullies, but her parents were concerned for her future. No college would take someone who got into a fight every other day and had low grades, no matter how many games of track she won. This left her with now having to attend Ponyville High, where she thus far hadn’t been in a fight and her grades were slowly improving.

The blue toned girl had her rainbow colored hair hanging loosely just above her shoulders, her magenta eyes were focused on the scrap of paper she was doodling on rather than the whiteboard in front of her. Her faded, blue jean shorts had one or two grass stains on them, they were accompanied by the grass stains on her white sneakers. Even her black t-shirt with the Wonderbolts graphic was rather wrinkley. However, the dog tag she wore around her neck was still in perfect condition.

Why? Well, she had won this in a competition. It was a one of a kind Wonderbolts dog tag with their cloud and lightning bolt symbol, only this symbol was a tri-colored lightning bolt (red, yellow, and blue) rather than the usual yellow. It was both her good luck charm and a reminder that she could achieve being a Wonderbolt someday.

As the class finally ended, Rainbow was the first one out of the room. Once she dropped off her books, she quickly headed to the cafeteria for lunch. Picking up her tray of food and sitting with the other members of the track team.

“Hey Rainbow, did you hear about the show next weekend?” Quickstep asked.

“You mean the one in Cloudsdale?” Dash replied.

“That’s the one.”

“My dad’s takin’ me to it, you going?”

“With my mom.”

Yep, Rainbow thought, just a normal day.


After lunch, Rainbow had P.E. Her favorite time of day. She headed down to the track and began stretching. While she was doing this, she noticed Rarity arguing with the new girl. What about, she wasn’t sure. But, she decided to find out. Yeah, maybe Rainbow needed to leave people alone and let them work out their issues. But, she never listened to herself.

As she got closer, she realized they were arguing about student council. Fluttershy, who was also in general P.E. was standing nearby.

“Why are they fighting about student council?” Rainbow asked.

“Not sure,” Fluttershy replied honestly.

Too curious for her own good, Rainbow approached the pair.

“Why are you guys fighting about student council?” Rainbow Dash asked, receiving a death glare from each of them.

“I was just asking my opponent here why she decided to run for president on her first day of school in a new town,” Rarity replied calmly.

“And I told you that I have my reasons,” the new girl snapped.

“Yes, because that explains everything.”

“What is going on with ya’ll?” Applejack suddenly jumped into the conversation. “Can’t you just welcome some friendly competition?”

“Competition I can handle,” Rarity replied, brushing her hand under her bangs. “But coming to a new school and immediately deciding to run for council, without even meeting anyone except for your opponent? That’s suspicious, isn’t it?”

“Can’t you just leave it alone?” the new girl huffed.

“I would, Sunset, if you would just give me a straight answer.”

“I don’t have to!”

Sunset turned to leave, but Rarity grabbed her hand to stop her. In the process of jerking her hand free, Sunset pulled Rarity straight towards the water. As Applejack and Rainbow Dash tried to stop Rarity from falling into the water, the momentum ended up pulling them both into the pool with her.

“Ugh!” Rarity huffed. “Are you girls alright?”

“I’m fine,” Applejack sighed in an annoyed tone.

“Me too,” Rainbow answered.

As they were about to get out, some pink girl Rainbow had seen around school (Pinkie Pie, maybe?) ran and jumped into the pool, pulling Fluttershy in with her. They created a huge splash that left the P.E. teacher dowsed in water, along with the area surrounding the pool.

As the girls tried to explain what had happened, the teacher didn’t want to hear any of it. Thus, they were sentenced to after school detention, in which they would have to clean the entire pool area. Except for the pool.