• Published 22nd Jun 2016
  • 635 Views, 33 Comments

Equestria Girls (How I Would Have Done It) - Calligraphy Legends



Rarity's a fashionista who wants to help run the school, Rainbow's an athlete with a small temper, AJ's a farm girl who keeps to herself, Fluttershy's the quiet one, Pinkie's the glue holding them together, and- Who's Sunset Shimmer?

  • ...
15
 33
 635

|:Chapter 1:|

Rarity twirled in front of the mirror looking at her newest ensemble. It was a mid-thigh length pleated black skirt, a royal purple business tank, a black blazer, and her signature three diamonds as a pin buttoning the blazer closed. The white toned girl slipped on a pair of royal purple flats, she needed to look as professional as she could. As Rarity exited her room, she paused to glance at her reflection. Her shining purple hair was up in a loose bun, her azure eyes sparkled, and her light blue eyeshadow was perfect.

“Sweetie Belle!” Rarity called as she headed down the stairs. “Sweetie, darling, are you ready to go?”

“Coming!” Sweetie’s voice reached her elder sister.

Rarity pulled out two blueberry muffins. One for her and one for her little sister.

“I’m ready!” Sweetie said, hopping into her seat.

Sweetie Belle was sporting a soft green sundress that matched her eyes, along with a baby pink belt. She wore a pink and lilac striped arm warmer on her right arm, white tennis shoes and pink socks. Her baby pink backpack with her and her friends club logo on it never really went that well with her outfit, much to Rarity’s dismay, but her sister loved it. So Rarity didn’t say anything.

“When are Mommy and Daddy coming back from their trip to Los Pegasus?” Sweetie asked, her voice cracking as it always did.

“This weekend, Sweetie Belle, darling,” Rarity answered eating her muffin as she loaded up her notebooks into her royal purple backpack.

“Are you going to be late picking me up again today?”

“Sweetie you know I try not to but we get done at nearly the same time, I’ll be there as soon as I can. Alright?”

“Okay.”

“Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah, just let me grab my book!”

As Rarity met her little sister at the door she noted that Sweetie was hugging a copy of her favorite book. Ocean Storms & The Olympians: The Lost Thunderbolt by Uncle Rick. She had read the series half a dozen times, but she just couldn’t get enough of it. Rarity loved the books as well, but hadn’t read them in years. Then again, she hadn’t read any books merely for the enjoyment of reading since she started high school. Rarity shook herself out of her day dream about all the books she had been wanting to read as they arrived at Sweetie’s school.

“Be good for Miss Cheerilee,” Rarity instructed her. “I’ll be here as soon as I can after school. I love you.”

“Bye Rarity! Love you!” Sweetie yelled over her shoulder as she ran to catch up with her two best friends.

As Rarity walked to school, she soon found herself walking next to… Applejack! Sweetie Belle’s friends older sister. The Apple family was the heart of Ponyville, but Rarity didn’t know them all too well. At least, not anymore.

“Good morning,” Rarity said politely.

“Mornin’,” Applejack replied. “Droppin’ off your sister too?”

“Yes. She mentioned something about a sleepover or something tomorrow?”

“Apple Bloom wants to have a sleepover for her birthday tomorrow night, I hope it’s alright that she comes. Your parents said yes, but I didn’t know they’d be outta town.”

“It’s fine, I just wanted to be aware.” Silence ensued, a little too awkward for Rarity’s taste. “By the way, Apple Bloom is an absolute sweetheart.”

“So’s Sweetie Belle, always so polite,” Applejack replied. “See ya later.”

Rarity smiled and waved politely as the two parted ways at the entrance to the school. Rarity took a deep breath, taking in the one story school. Ponyville was a small town with a small school, but Rarity loved it. Sure she loved the big cities like Manehatten and Canterlot, but that was more for the fashion. She loved Ponyville because it was like one big family.

“Hi Rarity!” a high pitched voice said as she walked into school. Before she could react, the pink toned girl started talking at a speed almost too fast to follow. “Nice outfit! Why are you dressed so fancy?” Giant gasp. “Are you doing what I think you’re doing?! You’d be perfect! I have to tell everyone!”

She ran off in a pink blur and Rarity was left to try to register what had happened.

“Was that Pinkie Pie?” she whispered.

She then shook her head and walked over to Principle Crest’s office. She noted a girl sitting outside, a girl she had never seen before. She had amber skin, cyan eyes, and red and yellow hair. She was dressed in a pair of blue jeans, a white tank with a red and yellow sun symbol on it, a black leather jacket, and a pair of black, lace up, boots.

“Are you waiting to see Principle Crest as well?” Rarity asked as she sat in the open chair beside her.

“Yes,” she replied, “I’m Sunset Shimmer.”

“My name is Rarity, pleasure to meet you,” Rarity replied kindly. “Are you new here?”

“Yes, it’s my first day.”

“I hope you’re not nervous, it’s a wonderful school.”

“So, why are you here?”

“I’m going to sign up to run for Student Body President!”

“What’s that?”

“You don’t know what that is?” Rarity cocked her head at the new girl.

“No,” Sunset answered. “I’m not from around here…”

“Oh. Well, the student body president is the person who represents their fellow students. They help organize events, try to help solve problems, and are supposed to be a positive role model to their fellow students.”

“So, a leader?”

“In a sense.”

“Someone who helps make a change?”

“Precisely.”

At that moment, Principle Crest opened his office door, a grey toned girl with blonde hair walking out.

“Sorry again,” she said.

“It’s alright, just be more careful next time,” he smiled. “Ah, our new student! And Rarity, what are you doing here?”

“I just needed you for a quick moment,” Rarity assured him. “I want to run for Student Body President.”

“Are you sure? It’s a lot of responsibility.”

“I know, but I also know I can do it! Nobody else wants to step up, so I will.”

“Alright, I’ll announce it before the end of first period.”

“Thank you! Oh, and welcome to the school Sunset.”

“Huh?” Sunset looked up, deep in thought. “Oh, thanks!”

Rarity picked up her geography book and headed to first period. She listened to the teacher talk on and on, dutifully taking notes. Even though she didn’t really need to.

At last, towards the end of class, Principle Crest came over the intercom.

“I would like to announce the candidates for student council,” he said, going through all the names. “For vice president we have Octavia running against Lyra Heartstrings. And for president,” Rarity held her breath (she had been sure no one else had signed up yet), “Rarity running against newcomer Sunset Shimmer.”

Author's Note:

Whoever gets the reference is amazing :twilightsmile: