• Published 22nd Jun 2016
  • 634 Views, 33 Comments

Equestria Girls (How I Would Have Done It) - Calligraphy Legends



Rarity's a fashionista who wants to help run the school, Rainbow's an athlete with a small temper, AJ's a farm girl who keeps to herself, Fluttershy's the quiet one, Pinkie's the glue holding them together, and- Who's Sunset Shimmer?

  • ...
15
 33
 634

|:Chapter 5:|

Pinkie Pie didn’t understand why everyone was so moapy. Wasn’t jumping in the pool supposed to be fun? She guessed she should have remembered that they weren’t allowed in until their teacher said so, oops. But, at least she got to spend some quality time with friends!

She skipped out to the pool after school. She was dressed in cyan jean shorts covered in gold glitter, hot pink and white striped socks, glittery gold ballet flats, and a white tank top covered in sky blue and yellow party balloons. Her blue eyes glowed joyfully in the afternoon sun, her hot pink hair an untamable mess, and her baby pink skin was as bright as her smile. Pinkie Pie was known for her happy and fun personality, and she was much smarter than anyone realized.

When she arrived at the pool, the others were just getting there.

“Sorry about pulling you in the pool,” she said, bouncing over to Fluttershy. “I was just caught up in the fun. Don’t worry, I’m sure this will be fun too.”

Fluttershy just tossed her an annoyed look, which went completely unnoticed by the pink girl.

“I suppose we’d better get started,” Applejack sighed.

“Yes, the sooner we get this done, the sooner we can head home,” Rarity agreed, her eyes suddenly went wide and she gasped. “Oh no! I’ve forgotten about Sweetie Belle!”

“Don’t worry, I asked Big Mac to pick her and Apple Bloom up,” Applejack assured her.

“Thank you.”

“Are we gonna get started?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I’ll clean out the pool!” Pinkie offered, jumping up and down with her hand in the air.

“Alright, darling,” Rarity answered. “I’ll get started on the floors.”

“I’ll clean the bleachers,” Applejack offered.

“I’ll help you,” Rainbow said.

Fluttershy didn’t say a word, she simply grabbed a broom.

They worked in silence for a while. Nobody saying anything to anyone, much to Pinkie’s dismay. She dashed around the pool, picking out leaves, bugs, and grass. It was tedious, but she enjoyed it. It was like playing ISpy! When the pool was almost cleaned, she noticed the other girls were just kinda moping. Her eyes lit up and an invisible light bulb went off. She ran off and was back in a flash, a pitcher and stack of cups in her hands.

“Anyone want some lemonade?” she asked, already pouring five drinks.

The other four girls came and sat on the newly cleaned bleachers. They sat in silence with awkward so strong, they could practically touch it.

“I’m sorry,” Rarity finally breathed. “If I hadn’t been arguing with Sunset, none of us would be here.”

“Hey, it’s not totally your fault,” Rainbow offered. “I mean, I’m the one who chose to stick my nose in your business.”

“And it’s not like Fluttershy and Pinkie were involved neither,” Applejack added.

“It’s just, it’s so odd,” Rarity went on, smiling at their kind words. “This girl shows up out of nowhere, has only exchanged a few words with me and the principle, and suddenly decides that she’s ready to run the student council? I mean, who does that?”

“Maybe she just wants to make friends?” Pinkie offered, bubbly as ever.

“But how does she expect to make any real friendships and run for president?” Rainbow said.

“Especially since people only know who she is and her name because it’s such a small school,” Applejack added. “Nobody knows a thing about her.”

“I don’t know why she’s running, but I want to actually help the students,” Rarity said aloud, not meaning to but glad that she had.

“I’ll help you out!” Pinkie said. “We can paint signs, and make buttons, and bake cupcakes! I know tons of recipes since I live with the Cakes! Strawberry swirl, peanut butter cup, cherry mousse, …” Pinkie rattled off several different names of recipes for sweets.

“Would you really be willing to help?” Rarity asked, surprised. “It is my fault you’re in this mess.”

“Why not? I like to make others happy, and it sounds like you hope to do the same.”

“Thanks…”

“I’ll help too,” Rainbow pipped up. “I’d rather have someone I know will do a good job than some girl I’ve never even really met.”

“Thanks girls, that means a lot,” Rarity said sincerely. “Oh, hey, Fluttershy, you volunteer at the pet shelter, right?”

The yellow toned girl simply nodded.

“Think we could do a fundraiser event for it?”

“Really?!” Fluttershy blurted out, her eyes wide.

“I just thought it could use some help,” Rarity shrugged, “there never seems to be any fundraisers for it anymore.”

“Oh, that’d be nice,” Fluttershy whispered, she was so quiet they barely heard her. She covered her face with a curtain of pink hair, embarrassed at speaking up so rashly before.

“Applejack?” Pinkie leaned in extremely close to the blonde haired girl, her eyes seeming to bug out and peer into hers closer than possible.

“I’ll help, if there’s something I can do,” Applejack shrugged, backing away from the strange pink girl. “We can talk about campaign stuff tomorrow afternoon at my place.”

“Why are all of you girls so keen to help me?” Rarity asked. “I hardly know any of you.”

“I don’t know,” Rainbow shrugged.

“We trust you, duh!” Pinkie said. “How can we trust Sunset when we haven’t even had a real conversation with her?”