• Published 5th Jun 2016
  • 5,195 Views, 36 Comments

Hidden Desires 2: A Discovery, a Confrontation and Acceptance - StormLuna



Since becoming marefriends with Twilight, Princess Luna has been more cheerful, more cheerful than she has ever been. This brings about suspicion from Celestia and causes her to want to figure out why her sister is suddenly so happy.

  • ...
32
 36
 5,195

Evening Discussions

Another evening arrived in Canterlot and like always, Princess Luna awoke from her daily slumber. She looked out towards the sun and saw it dropping towards the horizon. Luna absolutely loved this sight but not for the same reason as she used to. In the past she was happy because she would soon be able to bask Equestria in her lovely moonlight but now she thinks of just one thing. Very soon she would be able to go spend time with her marefriend, Princess Twilight Sparkle.

She bounced down the stairs into the dining hall. Celestia saw this and asked, "Good evening little sister. What has you in such a good mood?"

Luna replied, "Nothing in particular big sister. We just had a most pleasant slumber today and we are well rested for our patrol of the Everfree Forest tonight."

Celestia gave her a half smile, "Little sister, I remember it was just two weeks ago to the day that you would wake up and be unhappy. You would not be excited to go out and do your royal duty. You treated it as more of simply seeking solitude and then suddenly you have changed." She gazed into Luna's eyes and asked, "Luna, what is the real reason you are so happy now? You are happier now than you have been in your whole life."

Luna smiled, "Well we are just happy to get out." She hung her head down and blushed, "We are going to visit the Apple family tonight for some dessert. They have been inviting us for fritters here lately and we love their fritters as much as thou loves thy cake!"

Celestia could tell she was lying. "Little sister, you are just as bad of a liar as Applejack is. I know you do enjoy your fritters but I highly doubt you would be this happy over mere fritters." She pushed Luna's head up and asked, "You aren't dating Applejack are you?"

Luna replied, "No big sister, we are not dating Applejack. Thou knows that we see her as just a very good friend, nothing more." She blushed and continued, "Why wouldst thou think that we are dating somepony?"

Celestia replied, "I wonder if you are dating somepony because of the way you blush and seem to be in such a hurry to get going. It seems like you feel like if you don't arrive somewhere at a certain time that you may disappoint somepony."

Luna lied, "Big sister, we are not dating anypony! Thou knows that we have never sought love and enjoy our personal space! Dating somepony would take away from us!"

Celestia sighed, "Well ok." She cast her gaze towards the balcony and continued, "Well Luna, we better go out and do our royal duties."


After they did their royal duties and eating supper, like she had been doing lately, Luna headed straight towards the balcony rather than take part in what used to be a tradition for them, their evening talks. Celestia yelled, "Luna, what has happened with you? You used to always put so much emphasis on us being so close, now you just head out to do whatever it is you are doing without even talking anymore."

Luna replied, "We just want to go and visit the Apple Family before we head into the forest. They always engage in such cheerful conversations."

Celestia asked, "Oh and I don't engage in cheerful conversations? We used to laugh over the silliest things but now the Apples are more important?"

Luna realized that if she did not get going that Twilight may wonder if she was coming or not. She sighed, "No big sister, they are not more important." She cast her gaze towards the balcony and continued, "We must get going, we canst be late."

Once Luna headed off Celestia went out onto the balcony and watched Luna fly off towards Ponyville. She sighed, "I don't know what to think of this anymore." She got a sneaky grin on her face and continued, "Well little sister, you can say what you want but tonight I'm going to find out what is going on with you."

About an hour after Luna took off for Ponyville, Celestia did the same. While she had her doubts about whether Luna was actually going to visit with the Apple family, she decided that she would go there. If she was not there, she decided she would visit other ponies that she thinks Luna may go and see.