• Published 14th Aug 2016
  • 789 Views, 11 Comments

Ponytale [OLD] - Sonic Gamer

  • ...
16
 11
 789

Ch. 8 Waterfall Part 2

When the human was out of the garbage dump, she came across a house shaped like an apple. She had a pretty good idea who lived there. She knocked on the door, and as you would’ve guessed, Applejack answered the door. “Oh, howdy!” Applejack said, “Wasn’t expecting our next meeting to come this soon. Would you like to come in?”

The human accepted Applejack’s invitation.

“Alright, make yourself at home. Are you hungry?”

The human’s stomach started to growl. “Well, it has been a while since I last ate.” she said, “Whatcha got?”

Applejack then brought the human to her fridge, and opened it. “Well, I got some apple pie, apple sauce, apple fritters (my favorite), apple cider, non-alcoholic apple cider…”

“Wow, you really love apples, don’t you?”

“It runs in the family. Hell, I used to farm apples with my family.”

“Oh cool. So, I guess I’ll have a slice of apple pie.”

“Good choice.” Applejack then gives the human a slice.

The human then takes a bite. “Hey, not bad!”

“Why thank you.”

The human then noticed a picture of Applejack and her family. “Was this back when you were still alive?”

“Ah yes, those memories. Two of my children were adopted because me and my husband, Spike, thought we couldn’t make one ourselves. But to our surprise, we got a pony-dragon hybrid. We loved them all equally.”

“What a beautiful family.”

“Thanks. Oh would I do anything to have a body again, so I would hug my loved ones again.”

“Hey, where is your husband by the way?”

“Haven’t seen him ever since I died. Who knows where he is? But I’m doing my best to find him. I’m determined to find him one day.”

The human finished her pie, and put down her plate. “Well, it’s been fun hanging out with you, but I need to continue on my quest.”

“Alright, hope we see each other again soon.”

“OK, bye.” The human then left the house, and continued on.


The human entered a dark tunnel, she could barely see a thing. She then found another echo flower. It wasn’t one of the voices in that passing conversation, but it sounded like a warning to the human.

It said, “Behind you.”

The human turned around and saw Rainbow Dash. Rainbow had the human cornered. She was silent for a few seconds, and said, “Seven. Seven human souls. With the power of seven human souls, our king, King Sombra, will become a god. With that power, Sombra can finally shatter the barrier. He will finally take the surface back from humanity, and give them back the suffering and pain that we have endured.” She paused. “Understand, human? This is your only chance at redemption. Give up your soul, or I’ll tear it from your body.” Rainbow then took out her weapon, and walked right up to the human. And just when she was about to strike, Lightning Blitz jumped out of the bushes.

“Rainbow Dash!!!” He shouted. “I’ll help you fight!!!” He then noticed his human friend. “YO!!! You did it!!! Rainbow Dash is right in front of you!!! You’ve got front row seats to her fight!!!” Lightning then looked confused. “Wait, who’s she fighting???”

Rainbow Dash then grabbed Lightning and said, “Kid, you and me need to have a serious talk!”

“OK.” He looked back at the human, and said, “See you later!”

“How sad,” the human thought, “He hasn’t figured out already that I’m a human.” She then continued. As she kept walking, she found some more echo flowers, and it was the passing conversation continued. Here’s what they said:

“... hmmm… if I say my wish, you promise you won’t laugh at me?”

“Of course I won’t laugh!”

“Someday, I’d like to climb this mountain we’re all buried under. Standing under the sky, looking at the world all around… That’s my wish.”

The other person laughed anyway.

“Hey, you said you wouldn’t laugh at it!”

“Sorry, it’s just funny, That’s my wish, too.” That’s where the conversation ended.


The human walked on a bridge, when she heard Lightning Blitz call her. “Yo!!!” he said. He then walked up to the human, and said, “Yo, I know I’m not supposed to be here, but I wanna ask you something.”

“What is it?” the human replied.

“Man, I’ve never had to ask anyone this before. Um… Yo… You’re a human, right?”

“You’re just noticing now?”

“Man, I knew it! Well, I know it now, I mean… Rainbow Dash told me, um, ‘stay away from that human’. So like, um… I guess that makes us enemies or something. But I kinda stink at that.”

“But we don’t have to be. I’m not like the other humans.”

“You’re not? Boy, wait until I tell Rainbow Dash about this!” He then ran off, but slipped, and started hanging off the side of the bridge. “Help! I can’t fly well yet!”

That’s when Rainbow Dash showed. “Lightning!” she shouted, worrying for him. Rainbow tried to save him, but human saved him first. “What?”

“Look Rainbow Dash! This human isn’t like the others!”

“I thought I told you to stay away from the human! Now step aside!”

“If you want to hurt my friend, you’re gonna have to get through me!”

“Friend? Ugh, y’know what? I’m sending you home!” Rainbow Dash then grabbed Lightning, and flew away as fast as she could.


The human eventually found the entrance to a town known as Hotland. As she was about to enter, she encountered Rainbow Dash again who was standing on top of the entrance.

“Seven. Seven human souls, and King Sombra will become a god.”

“Oh god, not this shit again.” the human mumbled to herself.

“Six. That’s how many we have collected thus far. Understand? Through your seventh and final soul, this world will be transformed. First, however, as is customary for those who make it this far, I shall tell you the tragic tale of our people. It all started long ago…” Rainbow then paused, and thought about it. “No, y’know what? SCREW IT! WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU THAT STORY WHEN YOU’RE ABOUT TO DIE!?!” She then let out a warrior scream, and took off her winter headgear, revealing her true identity. “You! You’re standing in the way of everypony’s hopes and dreams! Yoshi’s history books made me think humans were cool with their giant robots and flowery swordswomen. BUT YOU? You’re just a coward! Hiding behind that foal so you can runaway from me again! And let’s not forget about that wimpy goody-two-shoes-schtick of yours. ‘Oooh! I’m making friends with random strangers, and making a huge difference!’ You know what would be more valuable to everypony? IF YOU WERE DEAD!!! That’s right, human! Your continued existence is a crime! Your life is what stands between us and our freedom! Right now, I can feel everypony’s hearts pounding together! Everypony have been waiting their whole lives for this moment! But we’re not the slightest nervous. When everypony put their hearts together, they can’t lose.”

“You done with your monologue yet?” asked the human.

“Why yes I am. Now, human! Let end this right here, right now!” Rainbow Dash then jumped right down and faced the human. She then turned the human's soul green. “As long as you're green, you will not escape me!” She then attacked the human.

The human defended herself, and tried to give Rainbow Dash some mercy. “Look,I don't want to fight you, I just want to go home!”

“I'll never accept your mercy.” Rainbow Dash replied. “I'll never be spared! Killing you is my mercy, so stop being scared!”

Eventually, the human's soul was no longer green. “Now's my chance!” she said as she made a run for it.

“Hey, where are you going?!” Rainbow Dash shouted. “Come back here and fight me!” She then cased the human into the cave.

Along the trail, the human noticed that Screwball was in a guard booth. “Yo, wut up kiddo?” Screwball said as he human ran by.

“Sorry, can't talk right now!” the human replied.

“Ok, see ya! Hey how's it going, RD?”

Rainbow Dash stopped, and noticed Screwball standing in the booth doing nothing. “What the…?” she started. “The human was right here! Why didn't you…? Ugh, when did you get so lazy?” She then continued chasing the human. When she caught up with the human, she started to feel week. She didn't notice that she was in a hot environment, and she was still wearing her winter gear. “Winter gear… so… hot.” She then fainted from heat stroke.

“Oh crap, I can't leave her here like this!” The human responded. She then noticed a water machine that you would see at certain businesses. She filled up a cup of cold water, and splashed it in Rainbow Dash's face.

Rainbow Dash then woke up, and looked shocked. “Did you just save me?” she asked.

“Why, yes I did.”

Being all confused, Rainbow Dash flew off.

“You're welcome by the way!” The human then got a phone call from Zany.

“Hello human!” Zany said, “I was thinking, and you're too of a good friend not to share, so maybe I should convince Rainbow Dash to become friends with you.”

“Well, I did just save her life.”

“Great, her house is back at Waterfall. It looks like a cloud, so you probably won't miss it. See you there!” Zany then hung up.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long, didn't have a laptop for months. My family's laptop stopped working for some reason, now I'm using my phone to do it.