• Published 1st Aug 2016
  • 594 Views, 3 Comments

You're Here! - Arn



Marigold dreams about her special husband.

  • ...
 3
 594

Wizened Words

There was laughter before the unicorn could answer, the sound of hooves on deck pounding! A mare and her stallion raced past.

She held a hat in her mouth, teasing the stallion with it.Taunting. He answered back playfully, "Thief, thief,thief! Give me my hat back.Thief!" As they raced around deck out of site as fellow crewmates shook their heads and rolled eyes,wives shouldered stallions, encouraging them, for a turn round the deck.

"Ah..."said the unicorn."That's the way it should be here on board this time of year!"

"Well, Acknowl?"Captain Updraft asked impatiently.

"Well what? Oh! You're here. Didn't see you..."He smacked his lips and pursed them into a pout."You're a terrible witness! Yes."

"...and you make terrible predictions you old toot!"Captain Updraft Tackey Tea Sails let his voice rise a little." Long ago, you said,Saffron would have a child. I'm almost to retirement!"

"Saffron had to pass a time of testing, now,soon,she'll be expecting!"

Captain Tackey Tea looked at the old wizard with glassy eyes, wondering where he had been, what he had heard and had he seen something, in the early hours of the morning, when the ship had taken skyward, all command duties, petered off,stealing away, unnoticed, in the dark, with the moon no longer watching.

"I should have left you to that angry mob, chasing you in Zebracandria!" he said through grinding teeth."Sometimes, I muse, to myself, if this were fiction, that you're only on board to move somepony else's story along!"

The Wizard looked up rocked his pupils in the tops of his eyes while scrunging innocently."In fact, yes."the unicorn cleared his throat. "I saw and heard something in the shadow of the moon!"

"In darkness I saw, a thousands stallions milling...."Acknowl began.

What he spoke was sound and fury, of judgements, of mistakes, of forgiveness and monsters, of redemption and terrible loss.

Of a great Judge, Celestia's Select, her Prefect, Judge of Equestria.

"Beware the thundering herds....."

If that was hard enough for the Captain to imagine, what the wizard said, then in a turn, that all these battles were and meant nothing to this Celestia's thousand years of peace.

Astonishing to hear. For this Judge, even Celestia made terrible mistakes.......causing staining tears, and only "one" could take away the wrong and make it right.That it was all part of the plan, "but not to be presumptuous or be willful, take advantage, a freind doesn't do that, break a promise.""...cause magic doesn't take you anywhere!"

That all that counted was relationship to the "one" and friendship to him, for those that live. How, such could bring forgiveness and heal the heart of stone. That by this kith of relationship, harmony woven through, for by the elements of harmony through the descendants of the strange ponies could, rescue Luna from Nightmare Moon, bring forgiveness to Discord even Nightmare Moon!

These last words ended the prophesy.
"A book primarily, and sardines,crackers and kitchens and coffey and wings and song, tea and hairbrushes and gardening and work...and...."the wizard stumbled.

"Sardines??! Are you kidding me?" A different character, almost different voice."Away!You've had enough! Too rich for you! This is totally G-rated story that is another, or whatever the readers come up with!"

The unicorn shook his head till one could swear rattling was heard as his eyes rolled.

The captain was a loss of what to say,
"That last part sounds very domestic." he said slowly."So far..I don't hear anything... useful..."trying to be respectful of his older counsel.

"Was I saying something?"the wizard said.

Then, while thinking, his pupils suddenly became pinpricks.The wizard tore off his medallion with violence and hurled it overboard

"Ack, me!"he said."I quit!" He sniffled closing his eyes rubbing the ridge between."It's just too big for me!"He turned around "Time to grow up..."and trudged off."I'm, after all,only a pony!"

"Time to get off this endless boat ride!"Acknowl grummbled.

"Why did, huh, what?" asked the captain.

"I'm going to Delphi, where the missus wants, I'm retiring.Besides."he called back."I want to see this immortal who came to life again, truly immortal." he started mumbling."He doesn't really like spells and incantations anyway.And I do soooo want to see eternity!"

"Beware the thundering herds."the captain said smacking his lips.

Marigold decide she was going to enjoy herself and make the best off it.
Her heart became lighter when she saw the garments left behind.Nice things and a bag. HER travel bag: filled with things to wear, she departed from the cheerful room of conversation and laughter of the other mares and took her bag to her room.

She bumped into an old unicorn.

"Baths, brushes and taxes!" He looked her coldly in the eye, nose to nose, she shivered. He showed three teeth in his mouth."He will grieve you three times all at once, not know it, and be merry as a colt as he plays with the fourth! Do you still want him?"

"Yes?"Marigold stumbled but recovered."But I was told he would grieve me!" she almost yelled at the unicorn stomping her front hoof.

"Good."he snorted satisfied with the answer. "I was told the same."He smiled showing two more teeth. "Celestia will take care of anymore problems, you won't like it! Watch your temper, but Sunshine solves everything."

Marigold was about to speak.

"The wait will be worth it!" he put his hoof on her shoulder, gently patted."I promise!he said reassuringly"You'll find him on the hill, the last day of court, reading his book, crying about his face."He smiled, benevolently. "Though the little imp may separate, and the many hooves frighten, its only for a night they divide. Those stallions!Old friends, commiserating, honoring their elder!Tales feats of strength and jousting...he wins it all!" he began to walk away "You will laugh with the ladies not believing you would ever arrive,remembering, knowing...he is quite thick, Megan watches the morning. And.... you will be justified!"He gave a wide smile, many teeth." Just watch that temper later."He left swishing his tail."What a puzzle to solve! I'll be at the lake later. I want to know this giant."Looking back, he said."There is only one way, you are correct. You will see His face.The Way,its all part of being real, yes."

Marigold was frozen with shock as he walked away, she never saw him on the trip again.

The rest of the trip was more pleasant. More space, with the removal of so many passengers. Still she was the youngest female aboard.

The pilot called out, Pegisi began to board.

"What's going on?"Marigold asked.

"We're following a tradition."said a crew."Last night aboard you get to be be entertaine in our haus. So come to eat, prepared for fun!"

That night everypony put on their best, a band played while the ponies ate.

"Usually there would be dancing but since there are only bachelorettes aboard, we'll follow one of the ship's older traditions and my crew will regale you with tales!"

Such wonderful tales, tales of bravery, heroics, funny tales sad tales. One pony even did a stand up routine.
Marigold never laughed so hard.

Before the knew it it was late, the ships bell rang declaring the hours,the passengers dispersed drifted away for bed.

AFTER dinner she met her roomy Para Tefe, tucking in, they talk late into the night about the kind of husbands they would like as they drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Please excuse me, I really need this out of my system!
If it inspires you if this gives you any ideas, let me know. I want to see what comes of this.
Celestia went down to the catacombs.
She brushed through the dusty tomes and scrolls till she found it right where she left it.
It was a copy of a parchment from the logbook of the airship, Cloudy Dream.
She gently carried to the table, lit a bright light above her, setup her writing implements and spread out the sheet and began to copy what was written, slowly, pausing every third word, saying a little prayer reading what she had written to compare, then coping to the next third word and repeating.
From the Logbook of the Good Ship, Cloudy Dream.
The Last Recorded Prophesy of Unicorn, Acknowl the Unschooled
Celestia let her mind wander as she wrote the date, "Everything came to pass exactly as the old toot said."she smiled."I promise, my judge select, I will never forget." She sighed a prayer after the date period."Besides,"she continued,"I still have those diaries, the memory stones and a short reading of your book to go through!"she stared ahead."At least I won't forget."
She began again pausing every third word.

"In darkness ,thousand ponies milling.

One, fever sweating, running, hiding.
In plain sight, stumbler, bumbler, tinkered tailored a spy.
Shame of honor stolen something digging ,hurting morin, morin, in his sides.
Sargent Pegasus stares him in the eyes!
Retreating down the corridor, behind locking door asking "Why?".
The fever, very high.
Nomin unknown knowin.

Barn, I see, burning !
Sun in dark, she doesn't care.
Blind is sun.

Pony: prancing, pawing smoke and fire, he. Shadow in the sky!
Grab the book of his beginning, teeth be bearing, snarling "MINE!"

He does not understand, though knowin, what the book's about.
Scared from inside the pony let the darkness out.
Travel, they, as sun as moon, two.

The larger of the two, voice so gravel, makes the bones to rattle.
Sneers."Give me this god,of sun now moon."
'We dine Oyarsa soon ,"
"Your angel,that one,Eldila, steward,
,your god allowed to make mistakes?"
"No."the thunder rolls.
Between,
unicorn, calling out,
in way,unicorn, pointing.
"That musts the book about!"
Then prays to an unknown God who saves.

"Behold the foolish things" an unheard voice says far above.

Light proceed the sun, she sees!
The pony on trembling legs does stare at unicorn,
till the unicorn said to pony, "Come away from there!"
Now he knows, now he sees!
Between smoke and fire this pony, unicorn, silly captain soldier intercedes.
"Why here, to know, always, his friend created I?"
Pony weeps.
Answer:"To be faithful, a light and easy yoke to bear."
"My freind, my neighbor,"again,
unicorn repeating,
"The best for me, the best for you!"
as from somepony leading.
"Please, come away from there."
Darkness leaving, pony weeping.
Falling weekly to his saviors', mortals, sides.
Fainting softly, new beginning as new cover, his book, both sides!
Strong now, in weakness, yet some darkness still remaining, something, unyielding, upon pony's back, gigging!
One trapped, one remaining.
However pony better: Intercessor between Rider and his lies."

"Chaos!"said the wizard." Not awake Discord?
Chaos hid brush! Future's he, before the bud.
Stallion walking, in a garden, with his mate just a talking, where it first began.
The rider, clever thing, he changes mounts in time, mid stream!
Return,return to future time, the sun and moon flipping through a fractured sky.
Chaos, worse, than when he first began!
Sucked up all the power, no Chaos in our demand.

Agony.
Chaos forced!
Chaos bound under harness,ropes!
Lowing, drinking splintered glass!
Digging heals, what a BLAST "it" sitting over, he the antlered throne.Delighted!
'You I know.' he to six, seizing one."Apples taught this one to lie!"
Chaos cry, truth he beg,"hELP ME!" Inside he cry.
Inside they know!
Back again inside a bubble.
Green pasture at hoof, to rest and lay later.
The rider, throne, away!
By rainbow's light!
In shock Chaos turn, to the one he knew, when He asked Chaos, for fun to make space, just a little room, and he and older sister wisdom watched in wonder at all that was begun....
"How wise!"said wisdom, Chaos like a cat. Petted on her lap!"What fun!" Beginning lesson Mercy.
Chaos again in stone!
Yet, hearts' beat, He remembered yet in secret tell his doubting angel, and kindness' (mercy wisdom born!) a friend..a son!A daughter? The sun?
I can't see much farther.
Celestia knows."

Celestia paused,"What does that mean?"she asked out loud. "Will discord be saved before my sister?"she asked again hoping for an answer."You alone know, like the parable of the figs...please tell me!"she ask a third time, still no answer. She sighed.
Again the ceremony!
She dipped her pen in the pot again, ceremonially rechecking then scraping excess ink.
She was getting very good at tell how much ink each word required.

Our timeline.
Two rings , Megan's rite, denied for Filly. But peace doth reign inside that city.

Mares beware who gave chase the call, shall huddle together being taught their lesson, crying in the center Celestia hall

The judge rested,chosen, selected,best the thundering herds outside season!
They know not reason.
Beware the Thundering Herds!

The flower maid stands in his way.
'You shall not go to war today!'
She buckles the barding and armor herself and sends him, her world to save.
An adopted daughter from the unicorn, she holds her close and prays.

Mountain twix the might judge,
"Choose you staff, you thick pony pudge!"

She make him stand on tall peak till he learn not bring the mountains down.

After fall, Celestia schools the judge in every law, against the floors,through the walls and knocking pillars!
"Again..."says she."Your skill is sorely lacking against such villians!"

A monster ,of changing form, the pegasus from before, a proud, proud unicorn, a dark thestral, go the god before, nothing special.

The monster:
Six go out, the judge first expedition. He catches the eye and she is smitten. A fear of a God of Jelousy, all brought back minds wiped clean.Only the judge falls with a scream!

The comet:
Red, red, sky.
The pony jumps from Pegasus to pegisus on high.
They fall, no longer fly!
He sets hoof upon a cotton sky.
No surrender?
Lone red cloud on high.
Not how he planned! One tin soldiers stripping his barding, running cross the land.
Falling in the reeds a sobbing, soon to sleep he falling, by hungry eye he spied.
Tis that hiding time!

A comet no, a pegasus I spy!
Heart so stiff, so cold, wain across the sky.
Wicked thing!
'Bound not to child I!'
Forgive the sun.
'Pay her what she asks!'Says the Sun.
'Take the child.' A mother's trade, she no longer.
'Per agreement.' A spell, her tongue is bound!
'I forgive you.'says the Sun.
The trade is done!

Alone,she walks. Unaware of what she's lost.
As bits jingle in her saddlebags, she justifies.'No pony hurt. What the crime?'
'I am rich and free, what is that thing, I'm bound away from speaking, to me?
The Sun has forgiven me!'

'I DO NOT!'a tasty morsel he seizes.
That moment,the rider, no mercy, unforgiving arder.
Can't hurt the judge he uses her guilt to hurt harder.
For only the judge, with his heart's intercessor, only he can bear the rider!
A madness upon her falls.
Inflame, inflamed! Her ardor, flaps, wings! Cruel intent the loss, lothing, grief, heart conviction, stilled tongue just makes heart burn harder, hotter!
Stab the sides, pull the reigns, dig in deeper, deeper, tighter! The heart so calcified,every beat a stabbing amplied! Drive her faster through an empty sky.
'Sun, the sun! I must find the sun!' she begins to squeal. A thief, a robber! She seeks to steel!
By her own strength she seeks to break the deal!
She cannot....it is impossible.
Frenzy searching for the hidden sun, scrambling across the lonely sky.
By sun's enchantment, without intercesor, crackling pain, from the flame.
She undone!
Tears set fire, cursed, a mar of flame, across the starlit sky.
Going nowhere, time stands still, for the pegisi pushing boulder over flaming hill!
But now it's done, the rider has had his fun on her back!
Tighter pulling ragged mane, pulling tighter,pulls the Rider.He leans down, to be that clear, harshly whispers ,whispers rider, lies in her red soaked maddened ear.
"Relief! lake!Ressst!"she hears.
She quits the quest.
Down,down,dive, dive, to cool, she thinks, to quench the flaming wing of fire, in blinded lidless eyes!
Featherless wing can't hold anything, let alone fly!
She pushes faster and faster towards the solid ground.
Shock wave resound.
The second, greater from the ground, pushing through.
no longer flies, falling, falling, falling lake of fire for all eternity.
Surprised, the cries of horror, pain and loss.

Do not mourn, it was her choice for some decision the consequences great, another takes her place.
If more I do not know.

The judge stumbles, fall, clutched his barrel, no apparent reason, he felt her end.
In desperation digs.
Into court they both alone.
Sun reprimand with many blows.
Albatross, she tear away the clinging carn.
Wings wrapped around the crys stallion, the judge, the pain, he knows not why.
The rider cackling in his ear!
The guards burry the blackened Coal!

The Tower:
Cracking horns!
Thier banner the twisted spieder,
thier leader after the Valkrie he flys.
Tired for sleep, a guest to keep, filled the lonely eye.
This is a twofer one is now the other later.
Same words but added, in garden there he stands mercy by the judges daughter,
Their proof?
Made to stand a little longer. In drunken stupor he marches no longer.
Ah...those friends of the bridgroom!

The Darkness:
Two legs.
Curse Celestia, single digit to the sky, all his followers he command likewise.
Carried aloft, judge, he flies, 'Shock and Awe' to the general, judge, political appointment, to soldier, pleads, plies.
Wery judgments, in darkness down to sleep he lies.
Yet strong family ties keep that one!
Darkness done.....then the sun.....

For Celestia: red tears, great agony, her's shed. The immortal asks,' Why did you not seek me when your sister was away?' She did not seek council. A counselor in trade, ninety nine years.Still did not seek council.

Stupid! Closed the door, even after warning, king and damsel.'When kings go off to war.'
A pegasus, brave maid, stands between, mock the proud spirit, makes the god bow! Shadows terrified flee their room. Tall stranger with wings keeps deposit the sun and moon.

First beams of sunlight after the quaking storm, joy to the heart.Tears! Words unexpressed, ruler bows, proud unicorn,the tower. Two that fly, pegasus and unicorn, truth is known but kept secret among the seven.

Timeless after:
The army called again, in one last battle, they cannot win,
They, a twisted reflection of Saddle Arabia's glory in battles long and gory.
Framed in screeming.
These, throw new converts at pony kin.
Explosion, in disbileif such a calouse disregard for prgisus, pony, and unicorn.
The Imeer states, must not enter in and hate infest his city.
In desperation the starangers cry, for help their God, he sends reply.
Gnawing bitting little thing, the little shadow of the moon.No higher than a pastern rises.
The mercenary of chain and lightning, he makes of them, he laughs,"Just like Ai!"
With glinting diamond eye, gathers the army to tell the plan.
Keep the judge in the screamers eye, these screamers, barricade their minds,these new converts crush the elders on the downward side,
To keep the papers and encampment from the devoring flame.
Fail!

Celestia comes between, her army and the retreating rabble against the gnawing thing.
The sun hides it, on the top of the hill, she spreads her wing.
Below her, on the downward side she keeps it hidden, army request unbidden.
Her back to such a violent battle, Equestria has never seen!

He charges, screams, the silly thing!
Tail and hot chain trailing.
The shadows his army,they.
Flashing lightning, shoulders left and right...beware the red, red thread!
Dropping stallions screaming!
He ends the twisted image by fire and chain!
Then weeps for only did slave he save.
These, the leaders pers, their judgement on him made!
Violence couldn't do,couldn't save, could not break their inside barricade.
Last lesson this soldier to learn.
The other is your own decision, the wise will never compromise the mission.
He cradles the last, the winner of the duel upon the field of carn,he weeps.
Weeps Little Shadow of the Moon!

Yet in time, in the battle line, before the sea is turned, one pegisi, grabbed out out the sky,
Wires pulled, but not in time, said pegisi so ungrateful,saved by youthful whispers of a unicorn, whispers of the mind. Of one who came again alive and still sought them, who hurt Him, to be His friend, and also make them again alive!

Through gentle whispers against the violent screaming.
His heart so moved on mercys keeping.
In timeless place,"Pegisus." said unicorn, all magic gone."Do you want eternity alone?"
Aged unicorn, the barricade, he got through!

Withered the youth, now reappear, old age, the pegisi, long ago gone.
To the commander draw near,carried by another.
Unicorn who healed the bell at Filly, scared of magic, practices non, some they call him silly, but not the 'one' who taught him mercy.
The whispers of his mind.

The mercenary diamond eyed, silver mask, brought in at the same time.
The Little Shadow of the Moon, gently laid beside, pays them honor.
"You save the life of one and fulfilled your mission!"
Under the stone, together, above the battle on the hilly side.
Waiting for that gentle voice when all shall see!

Celestia eyes began to blur. It was this prophecy. He was called "Acknowl the Unschooled" for a reason, mostly by the zebra, this poetic attempt was awful! The only reason she kept it was that everything in it had come to pass and to give context to her memories.

Coffee! She needed coffee!
Celestia put wieghts on the papers, closed up all the inkpots picked up the writing tools in jars, placed them on the floor and covered everything with a light cloth. After making sure everything was secure she moved away from the table.

She put up a forcefield bubble and then opened containers of water and coffee beans. She pulverised the beans then added them to a bubble of water floating in the air beside her. She smiled, Liberty method, developed by Calcium Carbide.
As soon as the mix was made she put it in a cup and drank it slowly, savoring it. It was all art of her tradition, her tradition of remembering, her promise to the judge.

As soon as she finished her coffee, now wide awake, she closed all containers and sealed them and put them away. She the made sure every drop of food was cleansed. When the air in the bubble had been disappeared, so as not to have contamination, she let in the air from outside equalizing temperature and dissipated her bubble.

She did her set up rechecked what she had written and returned to her tradition.

A fort, ill built, in desert lands,
the place, in dry valley, cross the caravans.
Here, baked and drenched, boiled in dew are the last rebels the thundering herds you knew!
Bruised and broken, horn, leg and wing.
They gnash their teeth for what they see!

Up rises a statue, ugly thing, the judge walking backward through the legs between.
With a mighty kick, to the left leg, he shores up the thing from sitting to standing.

"Not my thing."
Says he as he rips his commission.
"To guide the strangers offspring, that is my mission."

Unchain, prissioners he let go, return to the rabble.
As they go he says this thing,
"For Celestia, I do not intercede!"

Pupil shink and knees knock and shake
Prisoners turn, from the mob some humbly come,
Inside the ratted fort with him they go.
They wait.

"Trators!"screems the crowed outside, outrage believing an attempt to divide.
Throughing up dush and pawing the ground,
the crumbly fort the rabble surround, ready for they charge!

Then they hear it,inside the fort.
Celestia's barrage.
The roar, the heat, and the cut off screaming.
Baking cracked the giant statue, on its legs leaning, left rear leg holding all.

The desert pass, shinning glass till an oasis for travelers weary.

All of this and the judge, for a thousand years of peace.
But it's nothing.
For the judge, Celestia, he does not intercede.

Retired, runs sunshine asks help of the sun!

Now accused, has does the same.
The same as other thang, the roaring stallions!
Allowing passions, five times run.
Turns he like stone. Like Nabal, when David come.
Wings try to heal, but only from the forgiving heart is salvation real!
He struggles through the sea of fluff,'My darling I was wilful, presumptuous, took advantage and also broke my promise...'
He goes to try to heal the hearts he hardened those he cause turned to stone.
For that is what a true freind tries to do.
One who died now alive!
Relation is what living being truly need, cause magic doesn't take you anywhere.
Sunlight, looks back, tears, the hidden known.

Not yet, of this does judge realise!

One last time the judge set out against the enemy, a shadow of the singing blade.
Tricks him through the portal.
Out of stone Celestia made the two legged army golden locks!
He stands there still for all to see, until the midnight blasts him to smitherens!

Imago Dei, quite a riddle...somethig of the doctor's puzzle.
Wings!
Distant shore he stands cling tightly to the one he brought among the four.
These important things.
Last lesson, mercy.To any who can know. For 'one' to know is given.
That's what's important for pony and his friends.

Little sunshine leaves, after all of us are done, to see her father in all eternity and his son.
After ninety-nine years, a little crazed but council, return with her favorite tea.

Six after, six before. Dance the sires, dance the dams! Harmony woven through: Let this be known!
"Once for all," He says. "A gift given, you now as kith. From the air of my lungs.
Once for all, the price is paid.I came. A soldier to general, always king.
No bloodletting or ceremony, such thing will not save.Mindlessness they be.
Those who do them, act meaninglessly are lawless and cannot see."
Married into these strange stallion come the six, imitate the intercessor,you too, threaded through, faithful, rainbow light, rescue Luna from Nightmare Moon!"

The more friendship you have, the less magic you need.

As Captain Updraft Tackey Tea Sail, I write this to the best of my recollection, I send it to Celestia immediately, could be disastrous for our nation....the old TooT has me doing it now!

I added what I remember as well as what I wrote in the Log.

Acknowl ended in a stumbled blather about a book primarily, sardines, kitchens ,coffey, wings, song, hairbrushes, gardening and work, common to the wizard .

What spooked me was a different voice, different character, almost different voice.
"Sardines??!Are you kidding me?You've had enough! Too rich for you! This is totally G-rated story that is another, or whatever the readers come up with!"

He resigned after that.

We continued the cruise and in the morning, through heavy traffic, the Pegisus teams pulled us into the Capital, I had, trough foresight, made an appointment at the repair docks, allowing me entrance into the depths of our city.The boatmaster always wants to check out his work, (it's not often two airship collide together and the finnal product is so sound you would think them one!) There we offloaded the rest of our flustered passengers and Marigold."

Celestia smiled.

"Princess?" called a voice of a filly into the Obliet Celestia was in."Are you down there?"
"I'm almost done Sunshine." Celestia called back absentmindedly.
"Who's Sunshine?"
"Sorry, thinking of somepony else!"Celestia called back.
Yes, this was too much an obliet of forgetfulness.
Before she turned down the spell, she finished copying the scroll and let stand the ink to dry.

"Everything turned out exactly as Aknowl prophesied."she rolled up the scroll and placed a pendant, a small charm, around it containing a small vile with a sluggish dark red liquid inside sparkling inside with salt and clear water.
"Red Tears." Celestia said as she place the scroll back on the shelf.
"Never, ever, again.Forgive me. "