• Published 23rd Jun 2016
  • 405 Views, 3 Comments

Twilight's meeting of Thanatos, the god of death - 21latenighter



as Twilight learns her duties as the eternal guardian, and old foe returns that could change the past forever, but for a price...

  • ...
3
 3
 405

The Return Of The Sun

Luna awakened at dawn like she always did, and she walked out to the balcony attached to her bedroom and lowered the moon to make way for the day. She watched and waited for the sun to come up with the aid of her brother's magic, and waited..., and waited. After a half an hour Luna began to look for her brother, something wasn't right, she just knew it. It wasn't like her brother to be late. She walked to his bedroom door and pounded on the door. There was only a muffled growl from Rainbow Dash as she rolled over, and as Luna opened the door, she only saw Dash sleeping on the bed. Luna closed the door quietly and moved on with her search. Luna then checked all of her brother's hiding spots, and running out of options, she checked the last spot she could think of that he would be, and there he was sleeping in the library.

Luna walked into the library to the chair where Fury sat and lightly tapped him on the shoulder. "Come on brother, you've overslept, time to get up and raise the sun", Luna said as she tapped him again. He obviously didn't hear or feel her. "Brother, get thy lazy rump off that chair and raise the sun", Luna yelled as she shook Fury vigorously. He didn't even stir. She then placed her ear to his muzzle and her heart sank as she didn't hear breath coming from his body. Teary eyed she used her magic to lift her brothers body and looked horrified at the marks on his throat, Fury had been strangled. Her mind went into overdrive as she tried to narrow down suspects, but only two came to mind, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle.

Luna ran out of the library and down the hallway to Dash's bedroom. She used her magic to thrust open the door. Rainbow Dash was sleepily talking with Fluttershy and nearly jumped off the bed when the door burst open.

"I told you Fluttershy, I won't know if I'm preg..., Ahhh, Luna, what are you doing", Dash screamed as Luna burst through the door.

"Rainbow Dash, we know what thou did to our brother last night", Luna said with the royal Canterlot voice. Dash's face went extremely crimson.

"You mean you were spying on us yesterday", Dash said very embarrassed.

"Not that, thou unkempt whore", Luna said at the top of her lungs.

"What did you call me you ancient bitch", Dash said, getting off the bed and facing the alicorn.

"You killed our brother last night whore", Luna said straight to Rainbow's face.

Rainbow's rage turned to horror at Luna's statement. "Fury's de..., dea..., dead", Rainbow said as the walls closed in around her and she fell to the floor.

Luna realized what she had just done and started apologizing profusely to Fluttershy, who was hiding under the bed. Rainbow woke up a few minutes later to see Luna holding an outstretched hoof to her.

"Why do want help me now, I thought you hated me", Dash said as she pushed Luna's hoof away and stood up on her own.

"Please Rainbow Dash, accept my apology for earlier, but there is still a dead alicorn and I still need answers", Luna said.

"First off, why would I kill Fury, I love him, and he just proposed to me last night. Then there is How would I kill him. Have you looked at your brother recently, he is powerful at magic, and he is a stallion and can overpower me physically as well", Dash said.

"Clearly I made a mistake and I ask for your forgiveness for accusing you of such a crime", Luna asked.

"Yes, Clearly you fucked up, but I can forgive you", Dash said.

"Very well, I will take my leave and allow you your morning back", Luan said as she walked out of the room. she cringed as the door slammed shut behind her. She then walked down the hallway to the library to begin looking for Twilight, but quickly ended the search when she saw Twilight standing over Fury's body.

"Who would do this, Luna quick, some pony killed Fury Flight", Twilight screamed.

"Well I guess that takes you off my list then Twilight", Luna said walking over to Twilight in the center of the library.

"What list", Twilight asked puzzled.

"The list of possible murderers of my brother", Luna replied.

"You mean you already know", Twilight said, with tears filling her eyes.

"Yes Twilight, I know", Luna said, wiping a tear from her cheek with a hoof. "I found him this morning, setting in that chair, some pony had strangled him", Luna said, pointing out the marks on Fury's neck.

"No, I talked to him last night when he got home, we went over my decision about Thanatos", Twilight started, but was cut off.

"Did I hear my name called", Thanatos said as he emerged from the darkest corner of the library.

"Thanatos, how long have you been here", Twilight said.

"All night Ms. Sparkle", Thanatos replied.

"Great, then you know who killed Fury Flight", Twilight said overjoyed.

"Oh yes Princess, I did", Thanatos said like he just accepted a challenge.

"What, how could you do such a thing", Twilight said in horror.

"He was going to interfere with my plan, and I couldn't let that happen", Thanatos said. "He was right about one thing however, you did have the power to stop me, but no more. The planets are aligned and my power is absolute", Thanatos said as he laughed an evil laugh. "Now there isn't a power that can stop me. Now which of you would like to die first. No comment, well then both it is", Thanatos said as the magical white rope erupted from his horn and race towards the two princesses. Something caught his eye out the window and forced him to stop his spell to look. The sun, was rising. He looked to the floor where Fury's body laid, and nothing but sparkles of crystals remained. "Impossible, I killed you", Thanatos roared at the sun.

"But you didn't kill me", a voice thundered across the sky that the princesses knew well.

"Sister", Luna whispered as Celestia rose with the sun to bring forth the day.

"Your tyranny ends here Thanatos", Celestia roared as she flew into the window, shattering it. Stained glass shards fell down around the ponies in the Library. Celestia lightly touched down in the center of the room, beside Luna. "And now that the sun is up, the rest can began", Celestia said.

"The rest", Thanatos questioned.

A blue sphere appeared in the room and began to emanate a light brighter than the sun. From the sphere came six alicorns, each of them different in their own way. Twilight recognized two of them.

"The first six. Galaxo the great, Kronos, the time pony, Princess Paramour, Pike the sturdy, Celest the aqueous, and Zephira the heavenly", Luna whispered.

"You have broken the ancient laws and we are here to uphold our oath and bring peace to this universe", Galaxo said.

"You will uphold nothing, my power is absolute", Thanatos yelled as he fired a spell from his horn. Galaxo tried to shield himself, but Thanatos' power was too strong, and the spell broke through his shield and hit him full force. The spell's effects became apparent as Galaxo began to age rapidly. "Ten thousand years changes all but true gods", Thanatos laughed. Galaxo was smiling and began to laugh, which made Thanatos fume with anger. "Why are you smiling, I just destroyed your power", Thanatos said.

"No Thanatos, I was counting on this. You just sealed your fate, you see the spell I needed was very difficult, and it took me ten thousand years to learn", Galaxo said as his horn began to glow a bright blue. Six orbs appeared before him, and as he worked his magic the orbs began took the form of six ponies. The ponies gained both horns and wings as skin and fur grew on the bodies. "The power to bring back the dead, a power that we destroyed thousands of years ago, and now I give you the original elements of harmony", Galaxo said as he backed down from Thanatos.

"You have harmed this world for the last time Thanatos", a renewed Fury Flight said. "This time you will never escape or be released", Fury said as the six alicorns used their magic to produce six stones. The stones were different from the elemental jewels, which were bright and full of luster. These stones were dull and lifeless and devoid of luster, and seemed to be taking the light out of the room. "The elements of your destruction, the stones of death", Fury said as the original six used their magic to activate the stones.

The stones began to vibrate as they started to tear Thanatos' soul into six pieces and lock him in another dimension. "NOOOOOOOOOOO", Thanatos screamed as his immortal soul was pulled apart. "I will return", Thanatos yelled as the last of his body and soul disappeared into the stones. Fury Flight looked to the center of the room where his life had ended the night before.

"There is no going back now. We must take the stones away from here and hide them where no one will find them", Fury said to his friends. They took a hoof and placed upon their horns and disappeared. They took the six stones across equestria, one to the great volcano in the dragon kingdoms, another to the bottom of the deepest sea. The next took their stone deep in the ground, below even the miner ponies depth. The next took their stone to Canterlot castle, hiding it in the catacombs of Royalty that had been buried long ago. The next stone was hidden in cloudsdale, deep in the weather factory, where no pony would ever look. Fury took the last stone to where no one but the guardian could ever find it, the eternal cave. He walked through the maze and into the great cave, where he led his friends to the great eye at the back wall. "It will only open to those empowered by or once empowered by the Guardian magic", Fury said as he looked into the eye. The eye opened and the vault behind it opened revealing its contents, the two most dangerous and feared spells in all of history and a faded and worn out photo. The photo showed two Pegasus at a stadium. They both had foam hooves that said GO SWIFT WING. The one on the right was a rainbow maned Pegasus with a mile wide smile, while the other was Fury Flight, who held the same smile. They were happy and by the looks of it, beginning to fall in love. "Our first photo, it was taken at the wonderbolt stadium in cloudsdale", he said eyeing the photo.

"You still love her, right.", one of them said.

"Yes, with all my heart, but fate has spoken and my life is forfeit", Fury said to the other six.

"Then we all agree on this, you will take our life force and live a full life, the life you always dreamed of Fury. Two thousand years is too long to be gone from the world", the five others said in unison.

"No, please don't do this friends, we can finally be together", Fury started.

"Fury no, it's not that we don't want to see you, but you have a life here and you must have peace. You have lived a life full of war, and now you have the chance to live in peace with the family you always wanted", the five said. They then took a hoof to their horns and their bodies began to fade and a light began to move from their bodies into Fury's body. Fury began to shine as their magic left their own bodies and entered his own. Slowly his horn started to shrink away until it left him completely, leaving him without magic for the rest of his days.

In Canterlot, the Three Princesses sat in the throne room, preparing to talk to the six alicorns when they returned, were surprised to see a single Pegasus walk into the room. "Fury Flight, where are the others", Twilight asked when he walked into the room.

"The others have went back into the beyond, but they left a gift here for a special somepony", Fury said as he bowed to the Princesses.

"What gift Fury", Luna asked.

"Me, they gave me life", Fury said sadly. "At the cost of their own lives, they gave me the life I always wanted".

"They would be proud if you didn't squander your gift brother", Celestia said. "It is why I am releasing you from the royal service. Go brother, live the life you have dreamed of for years".

"Thank you sister, thank you. I will live my life in peace", Fury said as he walked out of the throne room. He ran to the bedroom and opened the door. Rainbow Dash jumped at the door opening again, and she looked to see Fury Flight standing in the doorway.

"Fury, your alive", Dash screamed, running to the end of the bed before jumping onto Fury, knocking him to the floor. The two shared a passionate kiss before rising off the floor. "Never leave me again", Dash said as she broke away from Fury's grasp.

"Never again, I promise. I will never leave you again", Fury said as he looked over to the window. "It's a big world out there Dash, and I would love to see it with you before we find a place to settle down", Fury said to Dash as they walked out of the bedroom to start a new adventure together.

Author's Note:

This is the last story that Fury Flight will be in for a while, as even though I have enjoyed writing with this character, Fury has run his course in this story. I might bring him back in a couple of my stories, but this is the end of Fury Flight the Guardian.